Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JUAN DIAZ VS MANNY PACQUIAO
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
STANGMOZ
I KNOW JUAN WOULD JUST SMOTHER PAC AND NOT LET HIM STEP BACK TO LOAD UP ON HIS BIG LEFT HAND.What other fighter has Pac fought how is in your face like Juan Diaz?Diaz makes Pac quit in 6
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(STANGMOZ @ Oct 15 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]361366[/snapback]
I KNOW JUAN WOULD JUST SMOTHER PAC AND NOT LET HIM STEP BACK TO LOAD UP ON HIS BIG LEFT HAND.What other fighter has Pac fought how is in your face like Juan Diaz?Diaz makes Pac quit in 6

What gives you the impression Pac would quit? Pac is always in great shape and throws lots of punches himself if he needs to. I personally would favor the bigger Diaz in a close competative fight. If Pac moves up in weight, I would love for him and Diaz to get it on. One thing is for CERTAIN, this fight would be a barn-burner!
BrutalBodyShots
Diaz wins.

135 is too big for Pacquiao. Diaz would overwhelm him with activity, strength/size and even punching power would get to him after a few rounds. Pacquiao can't fight going backwards at all, and he can't stand and trade with Diaz for more than a few rounds before he's the worse for wear. Diaz by late stoppage or one sided decision of Roach doesn't pull the plug.

mexi-cutioner
I dont believe 135 is too big for Pacquiao. He had trouble making weight at 130, and came into the Barrera fight at 144. If anything, I think hes ready to move upto 135, but I dont know if hes ready to step up against Juan Diaz right awway. But the Pacman has upset people when moving up in divisions in the past. When he first fought Barrera 4 years ago that was Pacquiaos first fight at 126 and he was a 4:1 underdog and made Barreras corner throw in the towel in the 11th. If this happens it will be a great fight and id like Pacquiao to win this, but I dont know if he will be able to pull it off over the baby bull.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(mexi-cutioner @ Oct 15 2007, 10:20 PM) [snapback]361376[/snapback]
I dont believe 135 is too big for Pacquiao. He had trouble making weight at 130, and came into the Barrera fight at 144. If anything, I think hes ready to move upto 135...

Pacquiao is already in his 6th weight division, 135 would be his 7th. Pacquiao only moved up to 130 for a big payday against Morales, not because he had to. Like Mayweather he's just put on weight to chase bigger fights in higher divisions, not because he's actually had to move up.

AussieLad
At some point pac moving up again in weight is going to backfire on him

I would prefer to see him stay where he is and fight valero

I would pick diaz to grind pac down for a stoppage
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Oct 15 2007, 11:17 PM) [snapback]361378[/snapback]
At some point pac moving up again in weight is going to backfire on him

I would prefer to see him stay where he is and fight valero

I would pick diaz to grind pac down for a stoppage

I agree 100%. I liken Pacquiao's moving up in weight for bigger money fights to Mayweather's except there's one huge difference... Mayweather has superior skills, defense, reflexes etc that allows him to compete with fighters like DLH that are bigger and stronger yet he is able to prevail. Kind of like Jones artificially bulking up to face Ruiz. So long as Mayweather's skills and reflexes don't erode he will be successful. Pacquiao on the other hand has made a name for himself by overpowering/overwhelming his opponents as of late... this style is not going to work as he continues to bulk up and move up divisions.

STANGMOZ
I know for sure if it was Juan Diaz fighting MAB two weekends ago, MAB would have been stopped in around 6 rounds. He would have not let it become a boring fight like Pac did.
torvix2000
But if MAB and Juan Diaz were of the "same weight", then Diaz could have looked like Rocky Juarez in there and people would be saying how hyped up he was.
STANGMOZ
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Oct 15 2007, 09:10 PM) [snapback]361383[/snapback]
But if MAB and Juan Diaz were of the "same weight", then Diaz could have looked like Rocky Juarez in there and people would be saying how hyped up he was.

Sure Buddy, how could you say that when they don't even have the same style.Rock Juarez fights as if were wearing cement boxing boots.Please...I see your Avatar.I'm not trying to change your mind.Juan Diaz gives Pac the ass whooping of his life.Mab make Diaz look like Rocky Juarez..haha...
torvix2000
Because you said that you're sure Diaz would knock out Barrera. Even when they're not of the same weight. How about asking Diaz to come down to 130 instead of him asking Pac to fight him at 135?
The Original MrFactor
If its at 135, Diaz wins easily. He will swarm Pac and batter him for as long as it goes. i think 130 is a bit high for Pac. Pac's power wont carry very well to 135. Pac would eb able to beat Diaz to the punch, but if your punches arent keeping him off you, its just a matter of time. Diaz TKO.
STANGMOZ
WHY should Diaz go down to 130 when Pac has called him out twice..First when Diaz beat Sucio and then when Pac beat Mab in the rematch..talking about testing 135bs....Juan has 3 belts...Pac zero. Do some research.Pac called him out first.He talked the talk...now he should do the walking.
mexi-cutioner
STANGMOZ, didnt Diaz call Pacquiao out first after his fight with Freitas???? I dont know I may be wrong but thats what i thought..And besides, i dont think the fight will be as one sided as you guys are making it seem. Pac will hv more trouble than usual, but itll be alot closer than alot of ppl think who are predicing a blowout against Pacquiao
Elijah
I think Pacquiao and JD are basically the same type of fighters. Both throw a lot of punches are in great shape and don't have very good defenses. With that said Juan has been fighting at 135 I believe his whole career. Advantage JD. Pacquiao absolutely cannot fight going backwards. Again, advantage JD especially since JD comes forward a majority of his fights. JD has a damn good jab when he wants to use it as well. JD is stronger than Pacquiao, advantage JD (I don't think this is even debatable). With the 6-8 punch combos JD was throwing this past Saturday I'd say he has the faster hands between the two as well, advantage JD.

I don't see how Pacquiao is gonna be able to pull out a decision against JD given the workrate and amount of punches JD throws. I definitely don't see Pacquiao KOn JD either.

Pacquiao just can't beat JD.

Southeastpaw
I would pick Diaz to win. But I do not think it would be as easily as many are saying. Pac does not have quit in him. I mean, I would not be surprised if he did get stopped, but quit is not in Pac's nature. Pac looked very comfortable @ 130, so I don't think that 135 will be too much of a problem for him. It is Juan # 135 that will be the problem for him. Juan will not go backwards, and I'm not so sure that Pac will at first either, which will lead to what we all love, a Castillo/Corrales type inside fight. But Juan has incredible stamina, and from what I saw of Pac when he first met Morales, he can be backed up and outworked. So there is very little doubt in my mind that Juan would win and start breaking Pac down. But I think it would be much more competitive than most think. If it is stopped, I believe it will be forced from the ref or the corner. I personally will pick a late round stoppage by TKO from the ref stopping the action.
X3_Bazooka_X3
i like Diaz in this fight seriously, I think the speed and combonation punching is the key if you plan on beating Pacquiao, or you could throw in a pair of Winnings gloves those seem to do the trick, however at 135 Diaz is too big for Manny and breaks him down, probably stops him late but defently wins a clear UD, I think a fight between Vazquez and Pacquiao should surface soon, Israel would whip Manny in the gym when the two were there together.
STANGMOZ
WHO cares who calls out who anyways..this is boxing.FIghters call out each other all the time..people seem to get offended that Juan called out Pacman...why? Stop acting like his momma.Pac is not the first fighter in history to ever called out.
STANGMOZ
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Oct 16 2007, 05:16 PM) [snapback]361471[/snapback]
i like Diaz in this fight seriously, I think the speed and combonation punching is the key if you plan on beating Pacquiao, or you could throw in a pair of Winnings gloves those seem to do the trick, however at 135 Diaz is too big for Manny and breaks him down, probably stops him late but defently wins a clear UD, I think a fight between Vazquez and Pacquiao should surface soon, Israel would whip Manny in the gym when the two were there together.

I heard about Isreal putting some work against Manny in the gym.I also heard about Linares whooping on Manny too.
BigG
I'd pick Diaz.....by decision or possibly late stoppage in a highly competitive fight.
caneman
what a great match up honestly but i say no contest when both clash head in round 3! dntknw.gif
STANGMOZ
QUOTE(caneman @ Oct 16 2007, 06:36 PM) [snapback]361482[/snapback]
what a great match up honestly but i say no contest when both clash head in round 3! dntknw.gif

VERY GOOD POINT! Since all they do is go forward.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Oct 16 2007, 12:47 AM) [snapback]361388[/snapback]
How about asking Diaz to come down to 130 instead of him asking Pac to fight him at 135?

How about because 7 years ago Pacquiao had just moved UP to 122 and Diaz was fighting at 140.

Diaz in 7 years has fought from about 135-145 pounds. I can't think of any fighter that has fought at a weight for that many years that has been able to drop down 1-2 divisions to face a top guy. Same way I don't buy the talk that Roy Jones will ever be able to make 168 again.

kidbazooka1
I think Manny should just they at 130lb at 135lb Diaz would eat him up in the inside.

Diaz by late rd stoppage.
Tha Docta
i will never count manny out until somebody beats his ass. Juan Diaz's biggest fights so far have been against quitters. manny is not a quitter, and will be the fastest guy that juan has had to face. i give juan the advantage, but im not going to concede the victory to him just yet.
imperial
The Baby Bull will light Manny up ..He's too accurate with his punches for Manny to fend off for 12rds ..
mrchrissanchez
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 16 2007, 08:09 PM) [snapback]361480[/snapback]
I'd pick Diaz.....by decision or possibly late stoppage in a highly competitive fight.

pacquaio would win because even though diaz smothers and throws alot of punches he does to tend to get hit alot.... and he never felt power like manny pacquiao... so maybe there would be a late knockout by manny
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(mrchrissanchez @ Oct 20 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]361709[/snapback]
pacquaio would win because even though diaz smothers and throws alot of punches he does to tend to get hit alot.... and he never felt power like manny pacquiao... so maybe there would be a late knockout by manny

BS - there's nothing to suggest that Pacquiao at 135 would hit any harder than some of the guys Juan has fought at 135... shit even his last opponent Julio is a solid guy and good puncher at 135 and while Pacquiao possesses more speed than him I wouldn't say he hits harder.

torvix2000
Pac's punches may not be that powerful but because of their quickness they tend to induce cuts or break something or they tend to "always" catch opponents off guard.

Barrera was still an excellent opponent and he put that skills into avoiding gettting knocked out. And he didn't get knocked out. That's why people are underestimating Pac's performance.
WolfishPromistah
If Manny catches Diaz with one of those wicked-slick shots he throws so often (the kind you don't see), he may hurt Juan. One thing's for sure -- whatever happens, Juan is gonna be in his face first before anything else. It's really just a matter of who's gonna push the other back and wear 'im down faster, which is where things're probably gonna favor Juan for the most part.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(WolfishPromistah @ Oct 23 2007, 06:07 AM) [snapback]362067[/snapback]
...whatever happens, Juan is gonna be in his face first before anything else. It's really just a matter of who's gonna push the other back and wear 'im down faster, which is where things're probably gonna favor Juan for the most part.

Exactly. A rough, toe to toe, give and take fight would favor Juan, and that's essentially beating Pac at his own game.

BrutalBodyShots
Without question if Pacquiao feels the need to step into his 7th weight class he should do so against a top 10 guy but not one of the very top guys in the division. I see no need really of even discussing this fight until we see Pac fight at 135. I still think it is WAY too high of a weight for him, regardless of the opponent.

torvix2000
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 24 2007, 04:18 AM) [snapback]362162[/snapback]
Exactly. They both fight a similar style, I like Diaz's game more, he seems a little more versatile with tighter defense as well and he is bigger. He is bigger and better than Pacquiao IMO. Pacquiao is biting off more than he can chew.

Hmm... Juan Diaz is better than Pacquiao. What do you mean by that? Should we put Juan Diaz above Pac in the P4P list?

I still go with Brutal's reasoning... about the weight and loss of power issues if Pac decides to go up.
BrutalBodyShots
Diaz would need another 3-4 solid wins against TOP guys to touch Pacquiao's P4P status, and at 135 right now I don't see all too many options for him. He's not going to fight names like Morales, Barrera and Marquez. If Pac were able to fight and beat Diaz at 135 I would put Pacquiao atop the P4P list, but as I've said I would without hesitation pick Diaz over him in a fight at 135.

Diaz will probably start fighting at 140 in the relative near future and ultimately end up at 147, and chances are he'll land some higher profile fights with those moves. He's been where he is for 7 years now and as his body matures through his mid-late 20's he'll move up a division or two. This kid has got a bright future being as young as he is.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.