Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When was the last time a decision was overturned?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutalBodyShots
Just read the BS about McCline protesting his decision loss to Peter... Every few months we hear a blurb about a fighter protesting a decision. My question is simple - when was the last time a decision was actually overturned? I'm not talking something like the Toney-Ruiz fight... but actually a case where a fight was reviewed by a santioning body and deemed to have rendered an improper verdict? Has this ever happened? If no precedent has been set what are these guys (like McCline) thinking when 9 out of 10 people agree that he lost?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 15 2007, 09:45 PM) [snapback]361371[/snapback]
Just read the BS about McCline protesting his decision loss to Peter... Every few months we hear a blurb about a fighter protesting a decision. My question is simple - when was the last time a decision was actually overturned? I'm not talking something like the Toney-Ruiz fight... but actually a case where a fight was reviewed by a santioning body and deemed to have rendered an improper verdict? Has this ever happened? If no precedent has been set what are these guys (like McCline) thinking when 9 out of 10 people agree that he lost?

Actually very recently, remember Delvin Rodriguez-Keenan Collins main event on ESPN about a month or so ago. It was initially called a draw from Collins getting cut in the fight, which they ruled a headbutt. Delvins camp protested and said it was a punch that caused the cut, the commision watched the fight on replay and clearly saw it was a punch and awarded Rodriguez with the win. As for fights that went to the scorecards and fighters trying to get the result overturned, I never have heard any cases for it. Though the Courtney Burton-Emmanuel Augustus fight years ago was the most blatant cheating I have ever seen by judges ever, and that fight result SHOULD have been overturned.
PB_EDDIE
Agreed -

I m pretty sure they Know a decision will never be overturned..
its probably more of a Ploy to get them in an immediate rematch, so basically another shot at the title
Tha Docta
boy do i hope mccline wins this protest. cant wait to see him in the ring again. what a joke.
Spyder
I know that this is slightly different than the posted question...but remember the Barrera-Juarez fight that was originally declared a draw, then later declared a split decision win for Barrera? That was pretty close.
Spyder
Reversed Decisions

I found some more...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.