Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd got booted from DWTS tonight.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The CEO
Dead....DEAD!!

clapping.gif

Floyd's gonna make an example out of Ricky. This fight was made for all The Hatton Haters out there...

December 8th is our day of redemption.

drinks.gif
BrutalBodyShots
Wow, he lasted a week or two longer than I expected!

The CEO
One week longer than I originally expected personally....I'm under the impression he's really gonna do a number on Hatton now that he's in the peak of his notoriety.

It's gonna be a clinic. A vicious beating...
AussieLad
Its the first loss on his resume... LOL

Does floyd realize now how unpopular he is with the general public.... LOL. Tszyu made the finals in Aus
neophyte7
hatton is going to take the beating of his career
thehype
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Oct 17 2007, 12:12 AM) [snapback]361497[/snapback]
Tszyu made the finals in Aus

That's because Tszyu could actually dance.

laugh.gif
BrutalBodyShots
Was Tszyu on that show before or after he faced Hatton? I recall it to be around the same time but am not sure.

buford54
I think Tszyu was on DWTS shortly after his loss to Hatton.

Floyd isn't going to do anything different to Hatton than he would have before the show.
He'll fight the same, cautious, boring fight he always does.

I don't get why people think this will be so brutal. Who has Floyd brutalized other than Gatti. Maybe Zab.
The closest thing to Ricky's style that Floyd has ever faced was Castillo. Castillo should have gotten the W in the first fight, and Floyd won the 2nd fight...but it certainly wasn't brutal.

Everyone buys into Floyd's trash talking hype. But then he always fights the same, safety first fight. He's not going to "punish" Hatton...he's not going to "demolish" or "destroy" Hatton...he's going to box for 12 rounds and complain every time Hatton tries to hold him.
And after the fight, Hatton will think he won becuase he was the aggresor and without him there wouldn't have been a fight, and Floyd will talk about how amazing he is, and how he took out all of his aggression from DWTS on Hatton.
And we'll all be wondering why we continue to believe that Floyd has or ever will be in an interesting fight and why we continue to buy his PPV's.
Tha Docta
i agree that floyds "punishment" speeches are getting old, but i dont think there will be too much controversy after this fight. hatton isnt a legit 147 lber so maybe floyd can dish out some punishment. odds are he will pot shot his way to victory here though.
Nobudius
I think it's going to annoy Floyd when the media & fans find Hatton to be funnier, & more charming.
buford54
I think that Floyd blew his cover by going on DWTS. He was good at playing the hateable bad guy to the charming Aturo Gatti, DLH, etc.
Now, he's tried to be the likeable guy on TV...but Hatton is going to be a lot more likeable and charming to the media.
He's going to have to revert to being the bad guy/jerk that he usually is...but people won't buy it because they'll see that he simply tries to play whatever roll he needs to in order to get paid.

The CEO
I personally don't give a damn who's more charming.

Hatton is gonna lose. Decisively.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Nobudius @ Oct 17 2007, 03:08 PM) [snapback]361516[/snapback]
I think it's going to annoy Floyd when the media & fans find Hatton to be funnier, & more charming.

John Wayne Gacy was funnier & more charming than Floyd.
PR316
The judges hated on him. Floyd is not a bad dancer at all. Far from it.

But it won't matter. Hatton is gonna get beat and Floyd will once again reinforce himself as the best p4p fighter in the game today.
AussieLad
Bad news for ricky. Floyd is out of dancing with the stars.

One things for certain. Ricky might not leave the ring with a sparkling new belt, but his boots will be gleaming with all the shoe-shining floyd will be doing.

I expect this to look alot like a high speed waltz. Floyds game is running, rickies is trying to hug, the spinning that will result from these two try to implement their gameplans will make the dancing with the stars judges weep.

I just hope they get the music right
Imperius3
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 17 2007, 05:30 AM) [snapback]361503[/snapback]
Was Tszyu on that show before or after he faced Hatton? I recall it to be around the same time but am not sure.

It was after.

I don't know much about dancing, but I didn't think Mayweather was that bad. I was expecting worse.
Nobudius
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Oct 17 2007, 02:45 PM) [snapback]361530[/snapback]
I personally don't give a damn who's more charming.

Hatton is gonna lose. Decisively.

I don't doubt that at all.

All I'm saying is, Pretty Boy may be surprised (and hurt) when he sees it.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Oct 17 2007, 06:18 PM) [snapback]361536[/snapback]
I expect this to look alot like a high speed waltz. Floyds game is running, rickies is trying to hug, the spinning that will result from these two try to implement their gameplans will make the dancing with the stars judges weep.

laugh.gif

I was thinking this fight will metaphorically resemble a Junior High courtship, with Ricky playing the role of the acne-ridden teenage boy full of raging hormones he has no clue how to deal with, and Floyd playing the mature, wise-beyond-her-years skanky little prick tease.

Floyd will dance around Ricky, inviting him from time to time to come into the water and play, and as soon as Ricky awkwardly lunges forward, splashing about aimlessly, hoping to make something - anything - happen, Floyd will do a quick little side-step sashay and delicately hop out of the water like, "nope."

In the end, like any teenage romance, the only real damage done will be to Ricky's bruised ego. Physically he'll be fine.
Method
Bad news for ricky. Floyd is out of dancing with the stars.

Bad news for Ricky? Big Bad FLoyd...what the fuck was that faggot doing on that gay ass show anyway...

...what's more, what the fuck are y'all doing tunin in?
MarzB
QUOTE(Method @ Oct 18 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]361566[/snapback]
Bad news for Ricky? Big Bad FLoyd...what the fuck was that faggot doing on that gay ass show anyway...

...what's more, what the fuck are y'all doing tunin in?

Why, he's a fag for being on Dances With the Stars?? Wow, what logic. Then OldyField, Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice are 3/4s of the dudes from "Queer Eye" and that "dyke" Laila is brining in the rear. Seriously because you don't like the show (and honestly this is the first time I saw watched it fully) it's "gay"/"soft" faggety??

Clearly anyone can see he was trying to maximize his mainstream profile on a show seen by 20 million viewers weekly. Even if less than 1% of those viewers actually tune in, it's FREE exposure to a market of viewers that normally wouldn't be touched by advertising and that may not normally buy the fight... If that yields an extra 100K buys let alone 200K from my 1% figure, thats a big deal..

Also as mentioned in this thread, how many times must this tired argument of supposedly "boring" come into play.. If you think no defense, blocking punches with ones face continually, flat-footed slugging is what boxing should be. Fine, I'll show you plenty of clubs where you can see it in its rawest form..

How many times are we gonna hear these criticism from EVERY #1 fighter there is. You heard from Sweet Pea in his prime, Hopkins and now Floyd..

Ok, Floyd haters, beat against him since he's not exciting enough for you. Thats what I thought..
Southeastpaw
It doesn't bother me that people think he is boring. I have seen him in quite a few exciting fights. The guy has hand problems, does not hit extrememly hard, and does not want to get punished. I personally think it is an art watching Floyd at work in the ring. I could give a shit what anyone else thinks of him. Like I give a shit who is more charming outside the ring. I don't care too much at all what these guys do outside the ring. It is what Floyd does inside the ropes that got my attention in the first place. That is where people become disappointed in fighters. They like what they see in the ring and dive into their personal life. Forget that shit. What I see in the ring from Floyd is science at work. What I see from Hatton in the ring is WTF. Not science. Hatton might charm some of you all's pants off during his off time, but what does that have to do with what he does inside the ropes? Maybe we'll see him on a box of Lucky Charms or some shit. Who cares! Truth of the matter is that as long as Floyd keeps his #1 status, he can make fights with other top fighters and it will sell. Charming or not. He is labeled as the #1 and the public knows him. I believe that the DLH fight gave him all the exposure he will ever need really. I'm sure people are going to tune in to watch him fight.
The CEO
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 18 2007, 09:12 PM) [snapback]361585[/snapback]
Like I give a shit who is more charming outside the ring. I don't care too much at all what these guys do outside the ring.

Forget that shit. What I see in the ring from Floyd is science at work. What I see from Hatton in the ring is WTF. Not science. Hatton might charm some of you all's pants off during his off time, but what does that have to do with what he does inside the ropes? Maybe we'll see him on a box of Lucky Charms or some shit. Who cares!

Seconded with emphasis.

Hatton's style is a disgrace to true Boxing.

No fighter in the history of the sport ever did what Hatton did every round against Tszyu.

Punch his way to get in to hold, punch AS he was ARMBARRING, punch his way out. That's all he fuckin' did that night. His shitty style is in a dismal league of its own.
Nobudius
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Oct 19 2007, 06:17 AM) [snapback]361601[/snapback]
Seconded with emphasis.

No fighter in the history of the sport ever did what Hatton did every round against Tszyu.

Punch his way to get in to hold, punch AS he was ARMBARRING, punch his way out. That's all he fuckin' did that night. His shitty style is in a dismal league of its own.

Don't understand why you some of you are getting the panties in a bunch over Ricky Boy being a charm. He's a pretty funny dude. Floyd is not.

That's it. Didn't know that would be such an "attack" on Mayweather. Nobody is saying Hatton epitomizes boxing.

I actually find Hatton to be more boring than Floyd ever was.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 18 2007, 09:12 PM) [snapback]361585[/snapback]
It doesn't bother me that people think he is boring. I have seen him in quite a few exciting fights. The guy has hand problems, does not hit extrememly hard, and does not want to get punished. I personally think it is an art watching Floyd at work in the ring. I could give a shit what anyone else thinks of him. Like I give a shit who is more charming outside the ring. I don't care too much at all what these guys do outside the ring. It is what Floyd does inside the ropes that got my attention in the first place. That is where people become disappointed in fighters. They like what they see in the ring and dive into their personal life. Forget that shit. What I see in the ring from Floyd is science at work. What I see from Hatton in the ring is WTF. Not science. Hatton might charm some of you all's pants off during his off time, but what does that have to do with what he does inside the ropes? Maybe we'll see him on a box of Lucky Charms or some shit. Who cares! Truth of the matter is that as long as Floyd keeps his #1 status, he can make fights with other top fighters and it will sell. Charming or not. He is labeled as the #1 and the public knows him. I believe that the DLH fight gave him all the exposure he will ever need really. I'm sure people are going to tune in to watch him fight.

Well Stated and I agree 100%+

Some people hate purely because the don't have a life and or don't have any mental independance. They follow the converse all their life without even knowing why. Same with floyd, they hate because they want to have a conversation with somebody, anybody, even if their rap is mindless & senseless ........They don't have a life, so it just doesn't matter. Floyd has boxing down to a science and there is no one who can dispute that reality. What he does outside the ring is totally his business, and all those with a life don't give a fock. {Get-It????} All that matters to me is what he does in the ring, that's what I pay to see. My measely $50 don't give me the right or priviledge to investigate his life or lifestyle and judge.

QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Oct 19 2007, 08:17 AM) [snapback]361601[/snapback]
Seconded with emphasis.

Hatton "The Hugger" has gotten this far mainly because those refs in briton let him do what ever he wants to do in the ring. He has no skill what-so-ever. And for the mindless in the audience, agression & energy doesn't translate to talent or skill. Never has and never will. The Hugger will be in the ring with a healthy, active, in their prime, talented, skillful opponent for the first time ever. Never in Hatton's career has he met a top opponent in their prime. So all this hype is unjustified, and undeserving to say the least.

Any Brit's want to lose some of their pounds ............. Give me a shout!!!!!!!!!!!!
Method
It's not "soft" and "faggoty" because I don't watch it. I don't watch it because it is fucking GAY!
DEP Nihilist
QUOTE(Method @ Oct 19 2007, 10:43 AM) [snapback]361606[/snapback]
It's not "soft" and "faggoty" because I don't watch it. I don't watch it because it is fucking GAY!

LOL co-sign
The CEO
QUOTE(Nobudius @ Oct 19 2007, 09:40 AM) [snapback]361604[/snapback]
Don't understand why you some of you are getting the panties in a bunch over Ricky Boy being a charm. He's a pretty funny dude. Floyd is not.

That's it. Didn't know that would be such an "attack" on Mayweather. Nobody is saying Hatton epitomizes boxing.

I actually find Hatton to be more boring than Floyd ever was.

Yeah. You're misunderstanding...by quoting ME and typing that. I said I personally didn't give a fuck who's charming or not...

I'm not taking anything as an attack on Mayweather, or any fighter for that matter, because I'm not ANY fighter's superfan. I don't get emotionally attached like that.

cool.gif

Southeastpaw
lol @ nobodius taking things outta context.

I was just pokin fun at the guys that think that Floyd is gunna get his feelings hurt because they believe that Hatton is soooo charming. Who cares. I am a boxing fan. Not a reality tv fan of the fighters outside the ring, or a dancing with the stars fan saying things like, Tzsyu did so much better than Floyd on dancing with the stars, I'll bet Floyd is sittin in a corner cryin. The only thing the Hatton supporters can grab on to is how charming Hatton is. I just think it's funny. Thats all.
dbdbdb
When did Hatton get to be charming? I thought he was just a popular beer-chuging Pub-Fly.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Oct 19 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]361615[/snapback]
When did Hatton get to be charming? I thought he was just a popular beer-chuging Pub-Fly.

lol. That equates to charming over there.
Nobudius
Hey, everybody wants to be loved.
Nobudius
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 19 2007, 10:45 AM) [snapback]361613[/snapback]
lol @ nobodius taking things outta context.

I was just pokin fun at the guys that think that Floyd is gunna get his feelings hurt because they believe that Hatton is soooo charming. Who cares. I am a boxing fan. Not a reality tv fan of the fighters outside the ring, or a dancing with the stars fan saying things like, Tzsyu did so much better than Floyd on dancing with the stars, I'll bet Floyd is sittin in a corner cryin. The only thing the Hatton supporters can grab on to is how charming Hatton is. I just think it's funny. Thats all.

Is that what Hatton "supporters" are saying? The dancing was going to get in the way of the bout?

All I said was, Hatton seems likeable. Will it bother Floyd? Yeah, why not? He's a fragile egomaniac. Will it effect what PBF will do inside the ring? The only people that believe that live in Manchester.

I think PBF is an arsehole, but what he doesn't do is, come under prepared for a fight.

I may be taking it out of context.....but Christ.
Maxy
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 19 2007, 11:55 AM) [snapback]361616[/snapback]
lol. That equates to charming over there.

And what's so bad about that?
Maxy
QUOTE(Nobudius @ Oct 19 2007, 01:48 PM) [snapback]361634[/snapback]
Will it effect what PBF will do inside the ring? The only people that believe that live in Manchester.

Look mate nobody thinks a bit of humour is going to have any significance on the outcome of the fight.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Maxy @ Oct 19 2007, 03:45 PM) [snapback]361638[/snapback]
And what's so bad about that?

LOLOL! There is very little doubt in my mind that Ricky is an awesome guy to hang out at a pub with and shoot the shit with, but it doesn't change the way I view his style in the ring.

And Nobodius, I hear ya. I'm just pokin with the whole outta context thing.
Maxy
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 19 2007, 04:00 PM) [snapback]361643[/snapback]
LOLOL! There is very little doubt in my mind that Ricky is an awesome guy to hang out at a pub with and shoot the shit with, but it doesn't change the way I view his style in the ring.

And Nobodius, I hear ya. I'm just pokin with the whole outta context thing.

You made your webl gym yet?

And Brutal, you made yours?
AussieLad
I cant stand dancing with the stars. Tszyu was one of my favorite fighters, but i did not vote for him or even watch him dance once. What do i give a shit about poncing around on stage and looking awkward to music

But, in the case of floyd vs hatton, DWTS does have relevance worth discussing, like roy jones playing basketball on the day of a big fight. Will it hinder his performance in the ring? Given that DWTS wasnt a one off event, it was something that had the potential to stretch on for a number of weeks and diverting floyds focus.

Considering that DWTS actually would have an impact to some degree on the fight, whether big or small, floyds obnoxious personality and crap dancing is worthy of superfical discussion. Whats funny is that these two apparently negative traits getting him booted from the stage helps floyd. He now has more time to train and less distractions. It would have been beneficial to hatton if floyd made it to the finals. If floyd had been more likeable he may have fought hatton under prepared
hitman harding
In hatton i trust cool.gif
I'm off to Australia for a month and will only be seen if my Man Hatton wins, Which in all farness he will so C.E.O be ready my boy for the love
BigG
I think Mayweather-Hatton will at least be as exciting as Collzao-Hatton and that was a good fight. Hatton's tactics were ugly, but Collazo was suprisingly putting on a clinic and was landing flush everytime. Both of them put up a pretty good fight that night...especially Collazo. I had Collazo up 8-4.

I got Floyd by decision in this fight.

You made your webl gym yet?

And Brutal, you made yours?

Yeah..make your gyms...it takes a minute.
dbdbdb
A little off-T,

I do think that the dancing would have helped floyd with his flexibility and balance. {Not that he had any issues in that departmnt} Because that type of dancing {Regardless of how gay it is} is very demanding physically. And for a boxer, it can do nothing but good, especially after a morning of roadwork & training.

Floyd by Decisive Decision over Hatton.
Southeastpaw
I tend to agree with db. Floyd obviously has the fundamentals down. This could only help him IMO. Keeping his mind sharp with learning choreography, even though it was a bit ghetto at times. lol. But I agree.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.