Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chavez jr vs Sanchez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
Chavez jr to face his toughest test in Rey Sanchez III on 12/1/07.

I've heard good things about Sanchez(20-1-15KO's) but never seen him in action what do you guys think?
Lil-lightsout
I also have never seen Sanchez fight, but heard he was an awesome amateur. It is nice to see Chavez finally take a step up in class, and may the best man win.
kidbazooka1
I seen a Sanchez fight on you tube he looks like he can crack a bit.
bpipe
I'm from NM so I've been to many Sanchez fights and one things is for sure, this kid can really fight. He has devastating power he's a southpaw so obviously the straight left has plenty of pop on it. But one thing that gets underestimated is his right hook upstairs. He has power in both hands and Chavez Jr doesn't know what he just got himself into. My opinion may be biased in this fight but I have a lot of confidence in Ray and he's going to KO Chavez Jr and show him that it takes a lot more than a famous dad to be in this business. Ray did have an awesome amateur career and people really close to the sport know him and respect him. They have 2 common opponents Shad Howard and Travis Hartman. Neither posed a threat to either of them but theyre the only 2 fighters both have squared off against. Sanchez KO'd Howard in less than a round while Chavez went 4 rounds. Sanchez KO'd Hartman in less than a round also while Chavez went 3 rounds with him. After Dec 1st i guarantee you that a lot more people are going to know who Ray Sanchez III is.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(bpipe @ Oct 22 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]361960[/snapback]
I'm from NM so I've been to many Sanchez fights and one things is for sure, this kid can really fight. He has devastating power he's a southpaw so obviously the straight left has plenty of pop on it. But one thing that gets underestimated is his right hook upstairs. He has power in both hands and Chavez Jr doesn't know what he just got himself into. My opinion may be biased in this fight but I have a lot of confidence in Ray and he's going to KO Chavez Jr and show him that it takes a lot more than a famous dad to be in this business. Ray did have an awesome amateur career and people really close to the sport know him and respect him. They have 2 common opponents Shad Howard and Travis Hartman. Neither posed a threat to either of them but theyre the only 2 fighters both have squared off against. Sanchez KO'd Howard in less than a round while Chavez went 4 rounds. Sanchez KO'd Hartman in less than a round also while Chavez went 3 rounds with him. After Dec 1st i guarantee you that a lot more people are going to know who Ray Sanchez III is.

From the footage I've seen on him he looks to be the real deal, Chavez looks to be the better bodypuncher but pure power has to go to Sanchez. Im pretty sure Chavez and his people have seen Sanchez in action so they must know what there getting into maybe they figured it's time to pick it up another notch either way i think this will be an action packed fight.
bpipe
Ya Fernando Beltran has been seen here at a few of Ray's last 3 or 4 fights so they've been keeping an eye on Ray and know what he can do. They're just confident they can come in and beat Ray which is a big mistake believe me Ray is not going to let Chavez leave NM with the victory! Chavez is pretty good considering his limited experience but that experience is what is always going to be hiw downfall. He's not going to know how to deal with certain situations. He's going to have to deal with a real dangerous southpaw for the first time in his career I dont think he's going to deal with it very well at all. Chavez is very hittable and Ray is an accurate, powerful puncher with both hands. If it weren't for Chavez Jr's name he'd actually be the underdog. Ray has much more experience and had a stand out amateur career. I just think Sanchez is going to win by KO in under 6 rounds!
NickBarker
This PPV might be worth buying. There are good fighters in each of the fights. Plus, I love supporting Ivan Calderon.
BigG
Yeah, Lil Ivan is a beauty to watch. The lil guy is p4p one of the best there is.
bpipe
Ya definately worth the PPV money but I'll be there live...woulda been nice to have Arce vs Nonito though
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.