Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WBC ORDERS PACQUIAO-MARQUEZ II
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mexi-cutioner
October 20, 2007

WBC ORDERS MARQUEZ-PACQUIAO II
By Matt Goldstein

BREAKING NEWS: Although slated to defend his title on November 3rd against Rocky Juarez (27-3 with 19 knockouts), WBC 130lb champion Juan Manuel Marquez (47-3 with 35 knockouts) has been ordered by the WBC to defend his title against Pilipino superstar Manny Pacquiao (45-3 with 35 knockouts). If Marquez defeats Juarez, he will have 30 days to negotiate for the Pacquiao fight. This does not seem to be a problem according to Ignacio Beristain as he explained that Golden Boy Promotions have already started negotiating with HBO for an early date in 2008. In the first fight, Pacquiao knocked Marquez down three times in the first round and Marquez shockingly got up to brawl and box his way to a draw. The final decision was not without controversy however as one judge did not realize they could have actually scored the first round 10-6 in favor of Pacquiao. Had the first round been scored correctly, the result would have been a split decision win for Manny.

Looks like Pacquiao vs Marquez II is expected to go down, unless Rocky Juarez does the unexpected and defeeats Marquez on Nov.3. Finally this fight is about to happen its been far too long...Pacquiao 12th rd TKO
NickBarker
What a night that would be. Pacquiao has secured an HBO PPV date on March 1. That is the same night that Juan's younger brother Rafael will have his rubber match with Israel Vazquez. That may be the best night of boxing in a long time.
gods son
why do i prefer manny to face a valero or guzman instead of marquez!
NickBarker
Do you think that Marquez is past it?
BigG
Let's hope it happens. After watching Manny fight Barrera, I give Marquez a better chance then I originally did. Marquez is still one of the best technically sound boxers.
NickBarker
I'm not sure what to think about the fight. Barrera didn't really give Manny a shot to go after him because he was fighting not to get knocked out. I think Marquez has the ability to make Pacquiao look pretty shitty. However, I feel that Manny has become a more balanced fighter since their first fight and may not be so easy to shut down this time around.
Jack 1000
I had the first fight for Pacquiao. But I can't remember my score range. It is very exciting that this fight is happening! (I am assuming that Juarez will be fairly easy.)

Jack
NickBarker
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Oct 20 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]361766[/snapback]
I had the first fight for Pacquiao. But I can't remember my score range. It is very exciting that this fight is happening! (I am assuming that Juarez will be fairly easy.)

Jack

Juarez has been so weak lately, but you never know. Maybe he has just been in a funk. I remember after the first Barrera fight, he looked like he could be a champion. That may have had more to do with Barrera, though.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Oct 20 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]361749[/snapback]
What a night that would be. Pacquiao has secured an HBO PPV date on March 1. That is the same night that Juan's younger brother Rafael will have his rubber match with Israel Vazquez. That may be the best night of boxing in a long time.

Would that be competing PPV's if they both were to go on March 1st? Shit, they couldn't do Pacquaio-Marquez II and Marquez-Vasquez III on the same PPV! That would be one of boxing's greatest cards. A dream come true!!!

Jack
torvix2000
Sorry guys, but Marquez is demanding an equal purse and Arum's not too keen on that idea.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Oct 20 2007, 11:15 PM) [snapback]361817[/snapback]
Sorry guys, but Marquez is demanding an equal purse and Arum's not too keen on that idea.

well, if thats the case, then Marquez is gonna hv to figure something out or else he loses the title. And yes, Pacquiao Marquez II and Marquez-Vasquez III on the same card would be amazing
BrutalBodyShots
I've always felt that Pacquiao/Marquez II would look exactly like the original just without the 3 knockdowns in the first round. That said, I think Marquez takes a close decision in the rematch.

Snoop
This fight makes so much more sense than Pacquiao/Diaz at 135, hell it made more sense than Pacquiao/Barrera II. Long overdue to say the least.

That being said, if the Pac that showed up against Barrera shows up against JMM, Pacquiao is going to be in for a long night. Unless Pacquiao starts seriously training again, I see JMM taking a decision by a moderate margin.
torvix2000
I think Pac will win this one. This will be like rounds 7-12 of their first fight. Only tougher, extreme and more pressure. Who will fold first?

Pacquiao was outboxed thoroughly in their first fight. But it happened in rounds 3,4,5, and 6 wherein Pac was completely shut out. And then Pac found again his rythm and was again landing harder blows in the remaining half.

Perhaps Marquez was shocked by Pac's firepower and got caught cold. But then Pac could have underestimated Marquez and didn't know how good he really was. It took him 4 rounds to stick that into his mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.