Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wlad/Sultan Ibragimov
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
NickBarker
I've heard that Wladimir Klitschko has been quoted in Sports Illustrated as saying that he is in negotiations with Sultan Ibragimov to unify the IBF and WBO belts. Obviously some issues with the ABCs may ensue, but the fight seems to have decent prospects.

My question is this: If Wlad beats Ibragimov, would you consider him the legitimate champion of the heavyweight division?

With the lack of a lineal champion, the general criterion to naming a new one is for the #1 contender to fight either the #2 or #3. Now, Wlad is cleary the #1, but Ibragimov is probably more in the #4 or #5 range. However, given the general parity among the beltholders and Peter, other than Wlad, I would have no problem considering this bout as the crowning of the true champion.
BigG
I would consider him the man at Heavyweight without a doubt. In fact, I already do.
BrutalBodyShots
I think there's very little chance of Ibragimov beating Klitschko, but that's just my opinion. I don't know, every time I watch Sultan fight I simply don't see anything better than an average heavyweight in there. Wlad on the other hand has much better overall skills, and I just see him icing Sultan with a jab/big right hand somewhere mid-fight and stopping him. It's not like Sultan has some iron chin, and he isn't nearly as experienced as Wlad. I would tend to think that most people picking AGAINST Wlad in this fight would be going with the lightning in a bottle chance of a Sanders or Brewster night happening which would be betting with their heart not their head.

NickBarker
I agree, BBS. I don't think Sultan would beat Wlad. However, I feel that should Wlad take the fight and win it, that he ought to finally be recognized universally as the heavyweight champion of the world.
The Original MrFactor
Ibragimov will lose his belt inside 3 rounds. He will be badly outmatched. Wlad is too big, too fast and too hard to hit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.