Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 77
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Southeastpaw
I am!!!!

I believe that Rich "Ace Ventura" Franklin will get stopped again.

This will be the big test for Vera IMO. If he gets past Sylvia, I am sold on him. I am not completely sold on the kid yet like many are. This is the fight I am most interested in tonight.
The CEO
I'd like to...but it's a family night.

I'm just checking in for updates....

Franklin should lose again (not as bad as the first time), and don't be surprised if Sylvia decisions Vera.

Southeastpaw
I'm actually leaning towards Tim. I will listen to Vera on this one. I will not believe the hype, I will believe what I see.
Southeastpaw
Bonner just stopped Schafer in the 2nd. Pretty good fight though.
Southeastpaw
Sylvia/Vera about to start. Imma pumped.
gods son
Pumped for this? LOL
im playing cool.gif

poor first round!
gods son
This fight is like a bad gay movie!

John Ruiz should fight in UFC..he would be good at it, lol!

Southeastpaw
Vera is gettin his ass handed to him. The truth my ass. lol
Southeastpaw
LOL! I hear ya man. It was a bit ugly, but this dude Vera had been hyped up to all extremes. I am not really a Sylvia fan, I just wanted to see Vera get taken out. The decision should go to Tim. Should.
The CEO
I always felt he was overrated.
Southeastpaw
The right man won. Vera did not listen to his corner. They told him to throw those kicks and move to the left or he would lose. And he did not listen. Vera said that he broke his hand. That is no excuse, especially when his corner's advice was to kick.
The CEO
Vera just got beat by a knock kneed, mouse shouldered GOOF!

laugh.gif
Southeastpaw
lol. Vera said that he hurt his left in the 1st round and it knocked him off his game. But...........no excuses. lol. I love hearin that shit.

The big goof is the one that hurt his hand. Oh well.

Anderson is on his way out now......in Hostile Territory! lol

Franklin looks much more relaxed this time round. But The Spider looks very comfy as well.

Joe said that Silva right now is like Roy Jones Jr was in his prime. lol. I hate when Joe uses boxing to compare an MMA fighter to. Joe is stupid. But Anderson is one of the best in MMA at this time though.
The CEO
I'm really starting to hate Rogan. He's like a dumb know it all...

Part of me wants Franklin to put on the fight of his life...due to the odds against him...but I happen to like Silva more than him, so nope...

Bring on another folded nose!!

laugh.gif
Southeastpaw
Franklin got his ass saved BIG TIME by the end of the round 1. But the inevitable came in the 2nd. KO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The CEO
OHHHHHHHH!!!!
The CEO
On a scale of 1-10...10 being how he got beat the first time...what would you rate this one?
Southeastpaw
I feel like you do CEO.

How can anyone dislike Anderson. He is my favorite fighter in MMA. I feel bad for Rich. He is a very gracious guy. I believe that Anderson won over some of the crowd. He took the mic at the end of the post-fight interview with Joe and spoke in english. He thanked everyone for coming out and that he either loved them or the sport, or both. He was a little hard to understand. Anderson is an awesome champion.
The CEO
I like him as the champ too...he's Class, AND he's a badass.

thumbsup_anim.gif
Southeastpaw
It was just as devastating a KO, it just took longer. Rich put up more resistance this time and actually got a takedown early in the 1st. But on the other hand, Anderson punished him and dropped him badly right at the end of the 1st. Then he was punishing his badly in the second and landed some knees dropping him A 2ND time to end it. So I would have to say a 10 again. Just because I think that Rich took more punishment this time round. Anderson has spectacular finishes.
DEP Nihilist
Silva's a wild animal...no one's stopping this guy but I'd like to see him fight Hollywood.

I want Sylvia to just go away..hopefully Nog beats his ass.

I missed the fight but I heard the cut Starnes had was pretty bad...anyone see that fight?
Bill The Butcher
Good thing I didn't watch this UFC. I would have been disapointed to see Vera get beat by Sylvia. LOL! I knew he would have trouble with his size and reach, but I thought he would pull it off with his skills. Guess I was wrong. I'm a Vera fan, hopefully he can bounce back and get a title. Maybe perhaps at light heavyweight?
BrutalBodyShots
I've never been a big fan of Sylvia. The only reason he got as far as he did was due to his size. I mean when you have a 6'8" dude that's 260 taking on 6' guys that are 40 pounds lighter you SHOULD be able to find a way to win. Take away Sylvia's size and he never makes it to the top.

BrutalBodyShots
Anderson is an awesome fighter, sick with those knees and in the clinch. Rogan needs to STFU with some of his crap... something about the Plum hold or whatever? Spider guard? etc? I was watching the show last night with 3 guys that train in MMA and all of them were like "wtf are these terms that dumbass Rogan is throwing out?"

Oh and if that first round had been LITERALLY 2 seconds longer and Silva could get off 1-2 more finishing blows (which would have landed since Franklin was out of it) the fight would have been stopped. I can't remember the last time I saw such a "saved by the bell" moment in a fight.

DEP Nihilist
Rogan is annoying as all hell. I remember before Jardine got KTFO he was saying something about "that's the chimpanzee style" when Jardine was hopping around like a moron.
Southeastpaw
Oh and if that first round had been LITERALLY 2 seconds longer and Silva could get off 1-2 more finishing blows (which would have landed since Franklin was out of it) the fight would have been stopped. I can't remember the last time I saw such a "saved by the bell" moment in a fight.

And when you say literally, that is as literal as it gets. That was THE definition of being saved by the bell. But I actually think that it would have been much better for Franklin had that fight been stopped at the end of the 1st. So in actuallity, the bell prolonged the punishment. lol

I am with Dep on Silva fighting Henderson. This is the only real fight that makes sense right now. I know that Dan just lost, but @ 205, and he put up a hell of a fight. I honestly do not know who I'd pick in a Henderson/Silva fight. The momentum is definitely on Silva's side....to say the least. I like both these guys, but Silva is my fav. Henderson would be the most competitive match-up for Silva from the batch of middles I've seen in the UFC.
DEP Nihilist
Kampmann is really the only other option...he's decent but I'd still go with Silva.

I'd rather see him face Hollywood though.
BigG
Bring on Hendo-Silva...thats a helluva fight.
Warlord
Anderson Silva is dominating that division like a young Tyson. I guess the death of Pride was a little premature, lol. Dan Henderson is the only guy in the UFC right now that could put up a good fight with Silva. Silva's real weakness in Pride was usually the unorthodox style Japanese pro-wrestlers brought with them when they came into MMA. Those Japanese guys abused Silva like a dirty cumrag in Pride. If Dana White wasn't so cheap, he could bring in Kazushi Sakuraba for a truly epic title fight with Silva. But we all know Dana's a cheap bastard, so the closest we'll probably get is Yushin Okami / Anderson Silva for the title, followed by Henderson/Silva. (Assuming Henderson agrees to drop in weight, and assuming Silva has discovered a way to beat Japanese pro wrestlers.)

AussieLad
QUOTE(DEP Nihilist @ Oct 21 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]361873[/snapback]
Rogan is annoying as all hell. I remember before Jardine got KTFO he was saying something about "that's the chimpanzee style" when Jardine was hopping around like a moron.

Well it was a stupid style, and he deserved a jibe from the commentary team. I thought it was mildly funny
AussieLad
Can henderson still make the weight?
DEP Nihilist
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Oct 27 2007, 07:40 PM) [snapback]362549[/snapback]
Well it was a stupid style, and he deserved a jibe from the commentary team. I thought it was mildly funny

I know, Jardine is an idiot and a wild hick but Rogan just pisses me off period...the guy is just too damn annoying.
DEP Nihilist
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Oct 27 2007, 07:41 PM) [snapback]362550[/snapback]
Can henderson still make the weight?

He fought at Welterweight in Pride last year, which is basically UFC middleweight (183 and 185) so I bet he could still get there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.