Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Should Juan Diaz Fight Next and Why?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Who do you think should fight Juan Diaz next and why?

Kastsidis: WBO Mandatory and a good one! I don't know if Katsidis is ready for someone who applies pressure just as good as he does. I think Juan takes a UD, but it would be 4-digit punch stats for both.

Pacquaio: Another action war, but is Pacquiao ready at this weight. I think Diaz wins, but Pacquaio should fight someone less imposing first at Lightweight

David Diaz: To unite the whole division. David is tough but did he beat a Morales who was too old? I haven't seen the fight but there was some strange hometown scoring on some rounds I heard.

Another Lightweight: Some have tossed around Cassamayor, but he's getting old, and would not provide the type of excitement that would be generated with the other bouts.

Jack
thehype
Katsidis is my vote. Roach would probably like to give Pacquiao an easier first fight in that division so, in my opinion, Katsidis probably offers the most exciting fight.
Southeastpaw
I believe he "should" fight Diaz to become undisputed.

The fight I would like to see most is Pacquiao. Katsidis would be strictly for entertainment value in seeing Katsidis learn a lesson in taking a beatdown.
BigG
I picked Pacman. That would be a war.
Jack 1000
I originally was going to vote Pac-Man. But I changed my mind to Diaz. Juan should fight David, than he can unite the division. In the meantime, Pacquiao should test the waters at Lightweight against one or two opponents. Than have the winner of David and Juan fight Pacquiao.

Jack
Jack 1000
I wanted to add,

Do you think that Casamayor is a good but "safe" opponent for Pacquiao for his fight Lightweight go around?

Jack
kidbazooka1
I say unify the belts and then take on Pacqiauo.
mrchrissanchez
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Oct 22 2007, 11:47 PM) [snapback]362048[/snapback]
I say unify the belts and then take on Pacqiauo.

the obvious answer is pacquiao, butt i think he should test julio cesar chavez jr. because we all know he has not been TESTED
JD
QUOTE(mrchrissanchez @ Oct 23 2007, 01:45 AM) [snapback]362056[/snapback]
the obvious answer is pacquiao, butt i think he should test julio cesar chavez jr. because we all know he has not been TESTED

So as unified champion, you think he should dump the belts and move up two weight classes to fight a prospect?

LOL...good plan.
Nobudius
QUOTE(mrchrissanchez @ Oct 23 2007, 01:45 AM) [snapback]362056[/snapback]

Is there a punch line here? B/c I don't get it.

As for the poll, I am a sucker for the unification.
singletrack
Unify, then see about options. I think Diaz would DESTROY Katsidis. Pacquiao needs a warm up fight at LW before he should even consider a Diaz fight IMO.
Thegreatequalizer
i'd like to see diaz defend against katsidis on a double card with d. diaz to set up a unification. maybe d. diaz against casamayor. i want to see pac vs. marquez II. i think diaz is too big for pac. i think casamayor would be a very tough fight for pac too. that's a bad style match up for pac.
gods son
Katsidis..its the right time and moment!
singletrack
Come on, why does everyone want to see Katsidis die? Seriously, at least give the guy a shot to mature a little. He stands no chance against Juan. I could easily see the fight getting stopped inside of 6 rounds.
BrutalBodyShots
Pacquiao. For no other reason than to silence the Pacquiao supporters that see no issue of him constantly moving up divisions. 135 is too high for Pacquiao.

torvix2000
Fitz, Brutal, etc,

Why are you responding to those threads about Pac-Mayweather, Pac-DLH? You shouldn't. So they'd die down immediately.
BigG
If not Pac then definitely Casamayor (if he beats Santa Cruz).

David Diaz and Katsidis should fight.
AussieLad
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 7 2007, 10:29 AM) [snapback]364049[/snapback]
If not Pac then definitely Casamayor (if he beats Santa Cruz).

David Diaz and Katsidis should fight.

Juan would grind down katsidis, but rockies power could cause diaz some problems. An exciting fight. I think diaz has to fight katsidis next or be stripped. Too much too soon for the aussie trojan

But i am interested in David Diaz vs Katsidis. I believe Katsidis would stop david.
Southeastpaw
Looks like Juan is most likely going to be battering Katsidis all around the ring next. Oh well, should be an exciting fight. But I give Katsidis Very little a chance in this one.
Big Slim Sweet
Doesn't someone owe Nate Campbell a mandatory soon?
Southeastpaw
I like Nate. I think he could give anyone problems @ 135.
ghost13
Casamayor is the true Lightweight champion. Diaz needs to fight him
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.