Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This thread is dedicated to BrutalBodyShots
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutalBodyShots
Nice!

Great list of fights, I had forgotten about a few of those. I was always a fan of Jones' KO of Hill.

Most of those fights are very recent in boxing history... Any lists of body shot KO's from early boxing history?

Southeastpaw
I know, they are all pretty recent. I don't think that #1 should be #1, but I guess they put it at that spot because of the magnitude of that bout. But my favorite, by far, is the Jones/Hill bodyshot KO. There was no doubt in anyone's mind that that shot was legit. I was hurting watching that one.
Southeastpaw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=i5aor2NFxKw
Maxy
Hey you two are you going to make your gyms?
Southeastpaw
LOLOLOL! I will make mine over the weekend.
Maxy
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 24 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]362203[/snapback]
LOLOLOL! I will make mine over the weekend.

Nice one.

You'll have fights set up pretty soon after that and biggeorge is offering to give you one of his better fighters too.
NickBarker
I would have liked to have seen a little more historical depth to the list, but it was enjoying nonetheless.
Maxy
Ricky Hatton vs. Jose Luis Castillo is rated at 6.....ok, its a relatively short-term list in historical terms. I just wondered if any of the people who thought it wasn't a fight ending body shot have changed their minds over the last few months?
Bazooka Limon
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 24 2007, 11:31 AM) [snapback]362198[/snapback]
I know, they are all pretty recent. I don't think that #1 should be #1, but I guess they put it at that spot because of the magnitude of that bout. But my favorite, by far, is the Jones/Hill bodyshot KO. There was no doubt in anyone's mind that that shot was legit. I was hurting watching that one.

Hills face=priceless
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 24 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]362232[/snapback]
I can't believe anybody questioned the shot Hatton landed on Castillo. That's about as good of a body shot as your going to get.

I never questioned the shot Hatton landed on Castillo... not in the sense that someone would question Hopkins' on DLH for example...

What I believe to this day is that Castillo COULD have stood up and gave an effort to continue.

Look at some of those other body shot KO's on that list... Jones vs Hill etc. In all of those examples the fighter that gets stopped is in incredible pain, or at the VERY LEAST shows some expression of pain on their face. Castillo does not look pained and to ME looks like he could continue but decides not to. Granted the dude had a long career, many brutal fights and that shot probably took a lot out of him - but he COULD have gotten up IMO.

X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 24 2007, 06:30 PM) [snapback]362247[/snapback]
I never questioned the shot Hatton landed on Castillo... not in the sense that someone would question Hopkins' on DLH for example...

What I believe to this day is that Castillo COULD have stood up and gave an effort to continue.

Look at some of those other body shot KO's on that list... Jones vs Hill etc. In all of those examples the fighter that gets stopped is in incredible pain, or at the VERY LEAST shows some expression of pain on their face. Castillo does not look pained and to ME looks like he could continue but decides not to. Granted the dude had a long career, many brutal fights and that shot probably took a lot out of him - but he COULD have gotten up IMO.

Please!!!!, the exact way Castillo reacted was exactly what does happen to you when you get hit with a liver shot, its almost a delayed reaction, but again its hard to even explain simple shit with you because you act as if your all knowing, could he have gotten up?, sure, but he couldnt have beat the count, not with a body shot like that he couldnt, you also have to remember that Hatton is and was the naturally bigger man in there who does hit pretty damn hard and he did land a perfect shot to the liver, the body shot I question in recent times is the Delahoya Hopkins body shot, that body shot is highley questionable IMO the difference is, Oscar was able to scream bang his fist etc.... to me that shit was scripted, while Castillo could only try to get air the sign of a true liver shot.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Oct 24 2007, 09:45 PM) [snapback]362252[/snapback]
Please!!!!, the exact way Castillo reacted was exactly what does happen to you when you get hit with a liver shot, its almost a delayed reaction, but again its hard to even explain simple shit with you because you act as if your all knowing, could he have gotten up?, sure, but he couldnt have beat the count, not with a body shot like that he couldnt, you also have to remember that Hatton is and was the naturally bigger man in there who does hit pretty damn hard and he did land a perfect shot to the liver, the body shot I question in recent times is the Delahoya Hopkins body shot, that body shot is highley questionable IMO the difference is, Oscar was able to scream bang his fist etc.... to me that shit was scripted, while Castillo could only try to get air the sign of a true liver shot.

Whatever man... we already agreed to disagree on this after debating back and forth for 3 pages in another thread after the fight happened. Look at all of the other fights in the top 10 list posted earlier in this thread. In 9 out of 10 of those examples you see a fighter with a pained expression when he's on the canvas. Castillo doesn't look pained. Period, end of story. If you don't find that odd I don't know what to say.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 24 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]362260[/snapback]
I don't know. Castillo has never done anything for me to question his heart or anything in the ring. Over the years he has been nothing but a warrior in there, who gives it his best, always 110%. He is tough and never done anything that I can question his heart in the ring. If Castillo didn't beat the count, I will take his word for it, he hasn't made me doubt him before, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I knew Hatton landed a great body shot the second it landed.

Well I guess there's always a first for everything, so perhaps this would be the first case where one could question his heart. I don't really blame him though... I mean the guy has been fighting for YEARS, end of a great career... been in tons of wars... he was in there with a younger, undefeated kid that just landed a hell of a body shot on him and was beating him to the punch for several rounds prior. In a moment like that in his situation I might not do everything in my power to get up either.
Big Slim Sweet
One of my favorite body shot KO's that didn't make the list was Morales-Zaragosa. That was a case where a fighter clearly could have gotten up but just said to himself, 'Fuck, that hurt. I'm done. I'm retiring right now.' It was a beauty of a shot and I loved how DZ gave Morales props right there while still on the canvas.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 25 2007, 06:48 AM) [snapback]362283[/snapback]
I was more talking about fighters that you could question there heart where they have been in situations where you can see them potentially quitting or doing something along those lines at a later stage. Sometimes you watch a guy that will be in a tough fight, then the bell for round 9 goes, he goes to his corner and just kind of slumps there, not saying much or gives bad vibes, doesn't really respond to his trainer, or will sometimes be in a tough fight and will continue to bitch, look at the referee and things like this. Sometimes you see things in fighters where you may question there heart. Castillo never did anything like this to my memory and always gave 110%.
Lets say Castillo got up, the body shot would still be considered as a terrific body shot IMO. I just will kind of take his word for it. Then there is someone like Morales, who has done everything Castillo has done before and been nothing but a warrior and someone you cannot question for the things he done in his prime. But when he went down against Pacquiao in the 3rd fight, that was an obvious example of a guy not wanting to get up. He has had enough, he winked at his corner and basically called it a career which was obvious. Pacquiao didn't hit him with anything devestating. Castillo was hit with something very good, and it was good even before he went down. I am prepared to give Castillo the benefit of the doubt.
We will just agree to disagree I suppose.

I hear you. I actually think Castillo against Hatton and Morales against Pacquiao III are very similar in terms of the way they were stopped. Shit almost even the same round. In both cases you have a fighter at the end of his career taking on a ROUGH opponent. A quick guy that's going to work the body and come at you all night. I think when both were on the canvas they each knew inside that it wasn't going to be their night. Morales made it pretty clear he knew this. Castillo I think just didn't want to put himself through another Corrales/Castillo I type fight. Even though we disagree on this Fitz, you don't find it curious that Castillo showed no discomfort from the fight ending body shot?

Maxy
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 25 2007, 11:29 AM) [snapback]362318[/snapback]
I hear you. I actually think Castillo against Hatton and Morales against Pacquiao III are very similar in terms of the way they were stopped. Shit almost even the same round. In both cases you have a fighter at the end of his career taking on a ROUGH opponent. A quick guy that's going to work the body and come at you all night. I think when both were on the canvas they each knew inside that it wasn't going to be their night. Morales made it pretty clear he knew this. Castillo I think just didn't want to put himself through another Corrales/Castillo I type fight. Even though we disagree on this Fitz, you don't find it curious that Castillo showed no discomfort from the fight ending body shot?

I don't think it was ever going to be another Castillo-Corrales I type fight. Hatton was too young and too much in his prime for a Castillo who, although not totally shot, was definitely on the down side of his career.

However, the shot landed was, no pun intended, a brutal body shot. Although Castillo didn't show facial pain, it cannot distract from the precision and energy zapping power of that shot.

Have you ever been hit hard in the liver?

I just think it took everything out of him. EVERYTHING.
BrutalBodyShots
I remember when I saw the fight live I just thought that Castillo was taking the count and was going to stand up on 9. I've seen a ton of fights and every time a guy has been stopped from a body shot you knew around the count of 5 or 6 that he wasn't going to get up... incredible pain the face, holding the spot on their rib from where the shot landed - those are signs. Castillo had no expression on his face at all and all you could tell was that he was thinking. Live I thought he was thinking that he'd take as much time to recover as possible and stand up on 9. After the fact I simply feel that he wasn't up for one last war and stayed down when he COULD have tried to continue.

X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 24 2007, 08:16 PM) [snapback]362262[/snapback]
Whatever man... we already agreed to disagree on this after debating back and forth for 3 pages in another thread after the fight happened. Look at all of the other fights in the top 10 list posted earlier in this thread. In 9 out of 10 of those examples you see a fighter with a pained expression when he's on the canvas. Castillo doesn't look pained. Period, end of story. If you don't find that odd I don't know what to say.

Honestly what has castillo done in his career that would make you think he would take a dive? the man basicly beat Floyd in their first fight who is now the man at 147 and is the current P4P king, he went to war with Corrales in a fight that damn near had me on my friggen finger tips, this man has displayed heart his entire career and to think he would just take a dive against a guy which 99% of you all think doesnt have a prayer against Floyd, I find that rather strange.
in order for you to understand what he under went in that fight, you your self should drag your ass to a gym and take a shot to the liver like that yourself, then come back and describe what you felt.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Oct 26 2007, 10:28 PM) [snapback]362480[/snapback]
...and to think he would just take a dive against a guy which 99% of you all think doesnt have a prayer against Floyd, I find that rather strange.

What does boxing math have to do with this?

And me taking a shot has nothing to do with it. Know what would happen if I took a shot like that? The same thing that happens to EVERYONE (except Castillo, of course) I would wince in pain and have a pained expression on my face during the count while I was on the canvas.

Maybe Castillo is an expressionless human being? Is that your argument?

And like I said there is a first time for everything. The first time that any fighter shows a lack of heart in the ring guess what? It was the first time, there was no precident. I wouldn't even really consider it to be a lack of heart on Castillo's part - like I said he had a long career, a TON of fights and many tough balls to the wall fights. My opinion is that he just wasn't up for another one of those give and take type wars at that stage in the game.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.