Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fight Hype Prediction League: stay or go?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
falvoa
Wussup Fight Hype folks, the FIGHT HYPE PREDICTION LEAGUE has been around for about 2 years now and it has allowed competitors to give their opinionated predictions of many boxing matches (from undercard fights to the biggest bouts out there). However, lately the fight hype prediction league has had less and less competitors involved in it. Myself, Titlebelt, and RIVADO are wondering if anyone is still interested in the league, or if we should scrap it after the 2007 season is over?

Please, reply if you might want to be a competitor or if you feel it iss time to end it. Anyones' opinion would be appreciated. Thank you

aggressive.gif
Jack 1000
I love what you guys are doing with it. We should definitely keep it!!

Jack
BigG
if yall decide to keep it, I'm in. I was kind of inconsistant with my picks on the last season but I'll be more consistant here.
durhamshardest
keep it its well good plus i really wanna win!!!
Maxy
I say keep it.

It's a damn shame that only a few people participate in it though. I mean, you got all these people posting their opinions on who they think will win such and such a fight, but when it comes to making a prediction in a league format, they don't take part.

I think that's pretty piss poor really.

Maybe the dominance of titlebelt put people off, or maybe they just don't wanna look like fools!

laugh.gif
BrutalBodyShots
I've never participated and probably should. Every time I've thought about it I've been too late into the season or something.
Jack 1000
Maybe for next year's Contests,

We can put up a Fight Hype Contest Banner on the home page for each game that we are representing. The banner would be basic, but we could have it on the home page. (i.e URL links for each contest)

The Prediction League:

The Fantasy League: (The WBEL is already a subset, so if people are drawn to the Fantasy League Forum) they will see that as well.

What do you think?

Jack

PS. Will Post in Mod Forum also for staff discussion
Maxy
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Oct 25 2007, 02:04 PM) [snapback]362332[/snapback]
Maybe for next year's Contests,

We can put up a Fight Hype Contest Banner on the home page for each game that we are representing. The banner would be basic, but we could have it on the home page. (i.e URL links for each contest)

The Prediction League:

The Fantasy League: (The WBEL is already a subset, so if people are drawn to the Fantasy League Forum) they will see that as well.

What do you think?

Jack

PS. Will Post in Mod Forum also for staff discussion

More people SHOULD join up with webl. How about you Jack?

Everyone should at least create a gym, make a few fighters and see how it goes. I'm pretty positive most people will like doing it and the banter that goes on in the fighthype section is a top laugh.

It takes a max of 10 mins to create a gym and a few fighters. You give them a fight plan and then the bouts are scheduled. You watch the fight in text form round by round - sometimes you're gutted by a bad performance, sometimes you're fuckin' chuffed to get a win over a big name rival.

All in all its all good.

Give it a go people.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Maxy @ Oct 25 2007, 02:50 PM) [snapback]362340[/snapback]
More people SHOULD join up with webl. How about you Jack?

Everyone should at least create a gym, make a few fighters and see how it goes. I'm pretty positive most people will like doing it and the banter that goes on in the fighthype section is a top laugh.

It takes a max of 10 mins to create a gym and a few fighters. You give them a fight plan and then the bouts are scheduled. You watch the fight in text form round by round - sometimes you're gutted by a bad performance, sometimes you're fuckin' chuffed to get a win over a big name rival.

All in all its all good.

Give it a go people.

OK,

Question: Let's say I create a gym and some fighters. Who does the round by round? I will have to look at this contest! Thank you!

Jack
Maxy
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Oct 25 2007, 02:58 PM) [snapback]362341[/snapback]
OK,

Question: Let's say I create a gym and some fighters. Who does the round by round? I will have to look at this contest! Thank you!

Jack

Does that mean you're gonna give it a go?

How to join
BigG
BTW, don't mind the region name. If I could change it, I would. Currently, it's me, Maxy, C.E.O, Cyrus, Al Hata, Blayde, ghost, rivado playing and it is pretty fun. Like Maxy said, it takes 10 mins max to create a gym and a few fighters....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.