Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 5,000 dog
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
re-bee-becca
We bought a dog a few weeks ago - a 16 week old Pyrenenan Mountain Dog. He was pedigree and cost 895.
Got him home, and within 3 days he'd seizured - so we rushed him to the vets . .. he got sent to Intensive Care 2hr drive away at animal hospital, where he had more seizures, lost his sight and was under "round the clock" supervision. He had MRI scan, liver biopsy, blood tests, stool tests, urine tests, and is now back home (with his sight bck) and on 4 types of medication (that cost 130 a week).

Got the bill from the animal hospital this morning . . . . a cool 4,300 . . . and we STILL don't know what's wrong with him.

We got free insurance from breeder for him - so trying to sort out how much for . . . . . .

4,300 . . . . . oooooouch! shok.gif That's about $8,800.

My next pet is to be a goldfish. That's already dead to avoid vet bills.

re-bee-becca
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 25 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]362285[/snapback]
Looks like you got a dud. Go return him and tell them they sold you a faulty pup.

you can't return a puppy once he's back at your house, all playful and puppy-ish. He's too cute, he's going nowhere! He's been back with us about 2 weeks now and we couldn't trade him in.

I will call the breeder tonight and try to get some of our 895 back though. . . . . . .
re-bee-becca
Yeah, still got the Jack Russell - she's mothering the new pup, which is funny to see as he's already more than double her weight and he's just months old. He can get her whole head in his mouth .. . . will be even funnier when he's full size, she'll be 6-7kg and he'll be 50-65kg! Ha ha!

Dogs are ace - and I think once you've had one you'll never understand why people have cats . . . . .

Taking him to vets tongiht for ANOTHER blood test (must be about the 4th or 5th now), and they are doing another test and the smple is sent to Pennsylvania, USA. It's a pain cos they just don't know what it is, and this stabilising medication is costing a fortune!

re-bee-becca
Ha, well not at the moment. This dog has selective hearing, so doesn't hear when we call him, or tell him 'no', but he can hear a food packet crumple from the next street. We spent about 80 on new toys for him which was a waste, as all he wants to play with is the little Jack . . . and his teeth HURT! Her fur is constantly wet from his dribble, he just doens't leave her alone. It's funny.

I thought you had two dags?

They're doing an annual cull of badgers over here soon, I wonder if they'd consider the same for domestic cats?
caneman
dog's rule!
caneman
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 26 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]362424[/snapback]
"LETS GIVE IT UP FOR DOGS"

ok! snoop doggy dogg with his daddy! lol!
just like a dogg, always trying to get some pu$$y
RIP sheba, died 9-3-05 i miss her so freaking much!snoop dogg! and to anyone who don't like it! lol! J/K but only kinda! DOGS FUCKING RULE!
Fitz
These are the pics of Becky's dogs. I'm posting them on her behalf.

caneman
cute dogs becky & fitz...one thing about dogs, the whole world could hate you but you walk in the door & your dogs will think you are the greatest thing in the world!
re-bee-becca
QUOTE(caneman @ Oct 29 2007, 12:15 PM) [snapback]362759[/snapback]
cute dogs becky & fitz...one thing about dogs, the whole world could hate you but you walk in the door & your dogs will think you are the greatest thing in the world!

Yeah, the Jack Russell wets herself when I walk just out to the car and back again with excitement as if I've been gone days.

It's cack at the moment bcause the bonfire celebrations have started here and she is petrified of fireworks. She shakes so much and hides wherever she can, and wont come out until about an hour after they've finished. Stupid mutt
caneman
QUOTE(re-bee-becca @ Oct 29 2007, 08:34 AM) [snapback]362760[/snapback]
Yeah, the Jack Russell wets herself when I walk just out to the car and back again with excitement as if I've been gone days.

It's cack at the moment bcause the bonfire celebrations have started here and she is petrified of fireworks. She shakes so much and hides wherever she can, and wont come out until about an hour after they've finished. Stupid mutt

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif jack's are known for stuff like that! i know a few jack's that would chase a ball til their heart fell out if you'd let them! hell snoop dogg is like that with his beloved frisbee! he is a nut, you should see him! the crazy dog loves to watch TV...if animal planet is on, he is gone!
Fitz
QUOTE(caneman @ Oct 29 2007, 11:15 PM) [snapback]362759[/snapback]
the whole world could hate you but you walk in the door & your dogs will think you are the greatest thing in the world!

Wow, you must really suck in the real world. laugh.gif

Just kidding man, lol. I know what you mean though. You could be in the foulest mood and not want to talk to anyone, and then there is your dog who is the only thing your not angry at.

Thanks for complimenting my dog as well. I like the pic of your dog in the car. He/she looks real arrogant in the front seat, like he/she owns it, lol.
caneman
laugh.gif yea it's his(snoop doggy dogg's)van, he just lets me drive it! laugh.gif
Fitz
ahaha
JD
QUOTE(re-bee-becca @ Oct 25 2007, 03:47 AM) [snapback]362276[/snapback]
We bought a dog a few weeks ago - a 16 week old Pyrenenan Mountain Dog. He was pedigree and cost 895.
Got him home, and within 3 days he'd seizured - so we rushed him to the vets . .. he got sent to Intensive Care 2hr drive away at animal hospital, where he had more seizures, lost his sight and was under "round the clock" supervision. He had MRI scan, liver biopsy, blood tests, stool tests, urine tests, and is now back home (with his sight bck) and on 4 types of medication (that cost 130 a week).

Got the bill from the animal hospital this morning . . . . a cool 4,300 . . . and we STILL don't know what's wrong with him.

We got free insurance from breeder for him - so trying to sort out how much for . . . . . .
4,300 . . . . . oooooouch! shok.gif That's about $8,800.
My next pet is to be a goldfish. That's already dead to avoid vet bills.

Sorry to hear about your dog's health issues.

Is a Pyrenenan Mountain Dog basically what we call a Great Pyrenese in the States? They are beautiful animals...big dogs. Almost like a white version of the Newfoundland we had when I was growing up.
re-bee-becca
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 5 2007, 05:14 PM) [snapback]363827[/snapback]
Sorry to hear about your dog's health issues.

Is a Pyrenenan Mountain Dog basically what we call a Great Pyrenese in the States? They are beautiful animals...big dogs. Almost like a white version of the Newfoundland we had when I was growing up.

Yeah, that's the one. you guys have to everything better, so you stuck a 'Great' at the start of their name smile.gif Same dog. We almost had a Newfoundland, but there's a cut at the back of our house, well it's all through the village, and Newfoundlands see water and just go, so we decided for the Pyr instead. Who instead, rolls in mud and bird poo. Awesome.

Funny - we had to put our Pyr in the bath (due to the occurance of bum dreads) the weekend (the next morning after the Calz fight as it happened with friends over and a hangover, thanks Benji) and his body is actually the size of a terrier under all that fur!! He looked really pathetic. So much for Falcor from the Never ending Story . . . . . . .
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 12 2007, 06:30 AM) [snapback]364845[/snapback]
I always get a sore lower back trying to wash...

I have that problem washing my weiner laugh.gif
re-bee-becca
CHENNAI, India (AFP) - An Indian farmer has married his dog in a bid to overcome what he believes is a curse caused by him having stoned to death two mating dogs in his rice field, press reports said.

The 34-year-old farmer, identified as Selvakumar from Sivaganga district in the southern state of Tamil Nadu, fell on bad fortune 15 years ago after killing the dogs and hanging their carcasses from a tree.

A few days later, his hearing and speech were impaired and he was unable to walk.

Doctors were clueless, but an astrologer finally told him he was cursed by the spirits of the dogs he had killed. He could undo the curse only if he married a dog and live with it, the soothsayer said.

After a long search for a 'suitable bride', Selvakumar managed to get a four-year-old mongrel bitch from a friend and had a fully-fledged Hindu wedding in front of villagers and elders on Sunday, eyewitnesses said.

The canine bride, named Selvi, was adorned in a sari and flowers and brought to the temple by village women. A Hindu priest conducted the ceremony.

The reports, however, said Selvi the dog attempted to make a run for it -- apparently due to the large crowds -- but was eventually tracked down and returned to her new 'husband'.

"The dog is only for lifting the curse and after that, he plans to get a real bride," a friend of the groom said.
Fitz
lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.