Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joe Calzaghe vs. Mikkel Kessler
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
REALLY hyped up for this fight.

BrutalBodyShots
Yeah Jack, I think we talked about this once before. 5 outcomes in the poll is much easier to deal with than 9.

Blayde
Biggest fight of the year!

I cant wait for this and Im picking Calzaghe by decision. But its 51-49. I can imagine very well Kessler catching Calzaghe with his right hand.
PR316
I'm expecting a very close and competitive fight with a few swings in momentum. I think Calzaghe's edge in speed and experience will carry him through to win a close, but deserved hard fought decision.

Kessler's stock will go up after this even after he loses(Unless he gets blown out but I doubt that happens).
Jack 1000
I pick Clazaghe with the edges in experience. Kessler is a very good fighter but I have not seen enough of him. AND we don't know how Kessler will respond if he gets hurt. Calzaghe has been buzzed and knocked down. He has come back from being stunned and dropped, Kessler hasn't. I HOPE WE DO NOT GET A TOO SAFE BRITISH REF IN THERE! I heard that Mike Ortega of the United States is being recommended. (Other than his Echols-Brewer disaster, he has done well.)

Calzaghe by UD

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 25 2007, 06:47 AM) [snapback]362291[/snapback]
Jack, not to be an ass. But you should make the polls like this. They are a lot more simple any easy on the eye.

Hahahaha! laugh.gif

OK, I'll try to remember that for next time! Easier polls!

Jack
Lil-lightsout
Kessler by stoppage at some point, I have no clue when. MK will counter those pitty-pat flurries with power punches that will eventually KO Joe. JC will start off good, but once MK figures him out, he will put a hurting on JC. I just don't see JC being able to keep MK off him. Kessler in dominating fashion!
BrutalBodyShots
How about a draw? Maybe the 0 doesn't have to go for either guy =)

georg
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 25 2007, 07:00 AM) [snapback]362293[/snapback]
I'm also a little annoyed that they aren't showing it down here. Not yet anyways.

They fucking showed Kessler-Beyer on PPV and decide to not show this? WTF.

I think you can see the fight here,download this program http://myp2p.eu/Programs/Sopcast.htm and go to this forum before the fight and wait to someone to post a link
http://85.92.128.155/~myp2p/forum/viewtopic.php?id=20434
georg
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 28 2007, 04:45 AM) [snapback]362607[/snapback]
Thanks buddy. I might have to try that. Still not sure what time the fights on in Australian time.

9pm east... So 2am in the UK,i don`t know that time it is in Australian
Imperius3
QUOTE(PR316 @ Oct 27 2007, 08:54 PM) [snapback]362572[/snapback]
I'm expecting a very close and competitive fight with a few swings in momentum. I think Calzaghe's edge in speed and experience will carry him through to win a close, but deserved hard fought decision.

I pretty much agree here. On top of all that, Calzaghe has good accuracy, footwork, and composure. And with Calzaghe's good chin, Kessler will have to land more than just a few bombs to get him out of there. I think Calzaghe's too swift for that.

I think this fight will be more competitive than Calzaghe-Lacy. From what I've seen of Kessler he is a very good fighter himself. He times his left hook well, and he has very good power. His defense and footwork is lacking though. Not much lateral movement from him at all.

I think Calzaghe will land about 4 to 1 on Kessler en route to an 8-4 decision victory.
Southeastpaw
How about an "I don't know" option. I cannot pick, only hope. So, I am hoping Kessler wins. And if it is brutal fashion, I could handle it.
kidbazooka1
Kessler by late rd stoppage while behind on the cards.
JD
Calzaghe by decsion...workrate, handspeed, versatility will be the difference.
singletrack
My "somewhat-educated" guess is Calzaghe by decision.
Imperius3
Kessler has a slight lead in the poll, but not many have explained themselves in this thread.

Kessler supporters! Show yourselves!
Nobudius
I am actually surprised at the people picking Kessler to stop Calzaghe.

Don't really know who will win though..... many factors here, as well as many question marks from both guys.

IF Kessler's jab isn't effective that night, Calzaghe will cruise to a win. Right now, the way he uses his jab reminds me of the way Holmes or Monzon used it: keeping distance. Somebody mentioned how he doesn't have lateral movement: he doesn't b/c he fights TALL.

If JC can slip, & time Kessler's jab, I see a decision win for him. It's a big IF though. I sort of see JC getting off to a fast start & getting the crowd worked up early. But at a certain point, I think Kessler settles into a groove, & begins to control the fight with that jab.
BigG
I just read that Kessler is injured but the fight is still on..
georg
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 30 2007, 03:39 PM) [snapback]362890[/snapback]
I just read that Kessler is injured but the fight is still on..

Kessler went through 3 x 8 rounds of sparring this past week, so if he had the claimed 14 days break because of a hand injury, the injury date would have to be at least one month before the fight.
If he had a serious injury an entire month before, they would have got the fight date moved.
HBO were taping a "Behind Kessler" in mid okt. + watched him sparring.
Kessler injury:NO
georg
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Oct 29 2007, 10:29 PM) [snapback]362835[/snapback]
Kessler has a slight lead in the poll, but not many have explained themselves in this thread.

Kessler supporters! Show yourselves!

IMO the fight will be a very good display of Soutpaw vs orthodox. Furthermore the fight will be a tactical affair where JC will try to get "inside" on Kessler in order to land the combos. MK will try to keep Joe at a distance to control fights the way he usually does.

The thing is - neither fighter is imo able to be succesull at their usual gameplan.

Kessler will not be able to live of his jab because of Joes right hand and Joe wont be able to get on the inside because of Kesslers counter right and extreme control of distance.

This is just one of the things that makes this fight a 50/50 fight.

Because - what will Joe do when he gets punished by the counter right? What will Kessler do when his jab doesnt play the big part anymore?

??

Ive come to the conclusion that Kessler will win the fight.
Even if Joe WILL get more goodwill on the scorecards I think Kessler takes it in a possible SD or maybe even in a tko/ko.

The main reason in this prediction is that I feel kessler is the only fighter in Joe's career who is able too outbox him from the distance.

This obsoletes the southpaw/orthodox advantages and furthermore brings another aspect to the game.
In the Lacy fight, Joe was the fighter waiting for the other, which usually is a HUGE tactical advantage. Thus meaning, that the agressor often doesnt have the full perspective in either infight or on the outside.

Kessler will be waiting for Joe all night if its what it takes. And when Joe tryes he will be punished - either by the counter cross or the left hook (which he wont expect).

On the other hand I can see Joe getting to Kessler and throw him around just like he did to Lacy....
But I am almost certain that this wont happen because MK is bigger, faster and has a superior punch arsenal, faster feet and a well functioning tactical gameplan compared to Lacy.

Some bold analysists have also claimed that Kessler's jab wont be a factor at all. This is stupid. An orthodox jab (especially a pistol one) will often be used against a southpaw, in order to settle for other punches when the southpaw tries to get in. In other words it is usually displayed as bait, because the southpaw will fell safe to move when he has evaded the jab.

The fight will explode in the 9- 10'th round.
A counter cross, a left hook - goodnight Joe Calzaghe
Mean Mister Mustard
I am expecting this fight to be a highly tactical chessmatch, akin to Hearns-Benitez. I am rooting for Kessler on this one. He seems like a down to earth kind of guy. I remember watching a clip of his fight with Mundine. As the bell rang and both fighters were on their way to their corner, Mundine hit Kessler in the chest. Kessler, could have snapped and rushed in front of Mundine to stare him down until the ref and trainers seperated them or he could have even pushed or hit Mundine back. He didn't. Instead he just looked at Mundine with a "WTF?" kind of face. He knew he was winning the fight and probably realized that Mundine's antics meant that he was frustrated for being unable to set the pace.

The thing that worries me for Kessler is that Calzaghe's speed wins him the first 3 or 4 rounds and then Kessler figures him out but is already 4 rounds down. This fight is going to be close because both men are good defenders. I am also worried about the decision reeking of home cooking.
BrutalBodyShots
I think if Calzaghe wins 5 rounds CLEARLY he will take the decision. Kessler IMO would need to take 8 clear rounds to get a win from the judges, and I don't see him winning the rounds in clear enough fashion.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I gotta go with Kessler by decision. Kessler is in the prime of his career, and this is the perfect time for a fight like this. Calzaghe has been doing his thing for quite some time, and has looked vulnerable in the past. Mitchell and some other guy dropped him awhile back, and Bika gave him a challenge. He looked spectacular against Lacy, but Lacy was overrated, and that showed in his next fight. Kessler has fought some pretty good fighters, and is coming into his own. He has nice skills, and a really nice jab. If he can keep that jab in Calzaghe's face all night, he's going to win. Kessler by decision.
Kyle
The Original MrFactor
I'm goin with Calzaghe and NE to stay undefeated this weekend. I've seen MK once and wasnt that impressed with him. He was fighting a stiff. Cal is the much faster guy here. I expect him to blitz MK early and keep the pressure on him all nite.

Indy(like all teams) doest have enough D-backs to cover the NE crew. As long as Brady is protected(and he will be), Payton and crew wont be able to score enough to keep up. Plus, Marvin Harrison is a game time decision...
salvador
I've only seen Kessler fight once. My impression of him was that he was a solid, strong fighter. That said, there was nothing particularly dynamic about him. I'm looking forward to this fight, but I'd much rather see Calzaghe fight either Winky or Hopkins.
Fitz
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 3 2007, 08:47 AM) [snapback]363171[/snapback]
I've only seen Kessler fight once. My impression of him was that he was a solid, strong fighter. That said, there was nothing particularly dynamic about him. I'm looking forward to this fight, but I'd much rather see Calzaghe fight either Winky or Hopkins.

That's the initial reaction I had as well, solid. But after a while you realise that he is actually quite a good boxer and goes under the radar.
The CEO
Everybody talking about their other staredowns being gay...well...Joe stuck it in 'im at the weigh in...

and Joe will take him on the cards too...Calzaghe by UD...8 rounds to 4.

JD said it best...

workrate, handspeed, versatility will be the difference.

and ofcourse big fight experience...

Kessler is good. I like him...he's tough....but unless Joe gets old overnight (which I doubt), he's better across the majority of the board.
AussieLad
Kessler is a different class to joes recent opponents. Joe is an exceptional champion, but he is getting outboxed in this fight. Kesslers range will nullify joes swarming, and if calzaghe switches to boxing at a range out of frustration he will find he is up against are superior distance fighter.

Kessler by decision, ud or sd
and the NEW
This is the first fight to have me pumped for a while!

Kessler is a very good fighter! Underrated boxer, he is tall, with good reach and uses his jab well, its a thudding jab too!

On that note, the speed and combination punching of Joe is what will get him the nod here. Close but fair decision for Joe is my prediction.

Fitz, you can watch the fight in Australia on Setanta Sports, its a channel on foxtel where you have to pay $15 a month to view. So if you have fox, sign up just for the month! Still cheaper than PPV!
Fitz
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Nov 3 2007, 05:20 PM) [snapback]363240[/snapback]
This is the first fight to have me pumped for a while!

Kessler is a very good fighter! Underrated boxer, he is tall, with good reach and uses his jab well, its a thudding jab too!

On that note, the speed and combination punching of Joe is what will get him the nod here. Close but fair decision for Joe is my prediction.

Fitz, you can watch the fight in Australia on Setanta Sports, its a channel on foxtel where you have to pay $15 a month to view. So if you have fox, sign up just for the month! Still cheaper than PPV!

That's mint. Thanks for that. I have noticed the Setanta channel before but didn't realise they were showing the fight. I was going to drive about 20-30 minutes to a pub to watch it. Stuff that.
It's cool that you aren't in a locked contract either, because they show the South American World Cup qualifiers and Euro Cup qualifiers and I can catch some of the Chilean games that I never get to see. This is great.
and the NEW
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 3 2007, 07:28 AM) [snapback]363255[/snapback]
That's mint. Thanks for that. I have noticed the Setanta channel before but didn't realise they were showing the fight. I was going to drive about 20-30 minutes to a pub to watch it. Stuff that.
It's cool that you aren't in a locked contract either, because they show the South American World Cup qualifiers and Euro Cup qualifiers and I can catch some of the Chilean games that I never get to see. This is great.

No worries mate, anything to help out a boxing buddy!

Yeh, the South American World Cup qualifiers and Euro qualifiers is why I bought the channel. Though, there is a few hours processing time from when you ring up and order, so you might wanna do it tonight so it will be set up by the morning!

Enjoy!
salvador
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 2 2007, 07:54 PM) [snapback]363186[/snapback]
That's the initial reaction I had as well, solid. But after a while you realise that he is actually quite a good boxer and goes under the radar.

I hope you're right because I'm planning my night around it. laugh.gif

Seriously though, it is a bit suspicious to me that Winky and Hopkins are available and Joe's fighting a lesser name. Maybe HBO is just getting Joe some big exposure to set up fights with Winky, JT, Hopkins, Tito, or whoever for Joe's last year in the sport. Or maybe HBO just wants to set the younger Kessler up for the same breakout year.

I am sold on the idea that there will be a lot of punches landed tonight and so everything else is secondary.
Fitz
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 4 2007, 01:21 AM) [snapback]363281[/snapback]
Seriously though, it is a bit suspicious to me that Winky and Hopkins are available and Joe's fighting a lesser name. Maybe HBO is just getting Joe some big exposure to set up fights with Winky, JT, Hopkins, Tito, or whoever for Joe's last year in the sport. Or maybe HBO just wants to set the younger Kessler up for the same breakout year.

Come on man, suspicious? I hated Joe as much as the next guy with the fights he was taking prior to this, but this is to unify at 168. This is the best possible match up and the most meaningful fight that could have happened. I think more would agree that this fight is much more important over a Wright or Hopkins fight.
salvador
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 3 2007, 11:05 AM) [snapback]363283[/snapback]
Come on man, suspicious? I hated Joe as much as the next guy with the fights he was taking prior to this, but this is to unify at 168. This is the best possible match up and the most meaningful fight that could have happened. I think more would agree that this fight is much more important over a Wright or Hopkins fight.

I've only seen Kessler fight once so I can't argue with you. He's obviously in his prime and maybe he really is the next big thing, but I think that if I were Calzaghe I'd rather have Hopkins or Winky on my resume when applying for the hall of fame. With the exceptions of Beyer, Mundine and Andrade (not exactly worldbeaters), Kessler's never been in with any top level opponents. Hopkins or Winky would be, IMO, way more historic - even at their ages.

I tend to think that Calzaghe could have gotten more money for fighting Hopkins or Winky, but maybe I'm wrong. I would argue that both Hopkins and Winky have styles that would be tough for Joe to dominate, whereas Kessler will be right there for Joe all night. I'd rather see a slugfest than a chessmatch, so I'll take this fight with a smile. But at some point you do have to wonder if Calzaghe (who's 35) has any intention of facing a fellow hall of famer.
Nobudius
Reading some of the coverage this morning for this fight. Some interesting things:

1)-The US fans in general are more in tune with the upcoming Cotto/Mosley bout. They are obviously more familiar with Calzaghe(but not by much), but are relatively unsure of what to make of Kessler. It's just not a HUGE deal compared with what is going on over there. I think the lack of a US based fighter at 168 causes some of this, as well as Calzaghe not sailing the seas after he scalped Lacy.

2)-The UK/Welsh media are pretty biased-some serious nut hugging there. Maybe I'm reading the wrong publications....but I swear, reading some of them, I can almost picture the writers crying due to being so emotionally moved about Calzaghe.

3)-The Calzaghe fans call Andrade & Beyer "tailor made" for Kessler. He is stiff. Kessler fans call Lacy "tailor made" for Calzaghe. He's a slapper. lol

4)-The Aussies & Kiwis are more in tune with Kessler, due to the Mundine bout. The Mundine thing is interesting.....they seem to hate his guts due to him being retarded, but they also want to see him do well. Anyway, the base "down there" respects Kessler much more than others.

5)-Some anti-RJJ & anti-X resentment is heard from the JC fanbase. Some of the Calzaghe & Kessler fans point to this....."the Yanks" mentality thing.

6)-Boxing seems to be picking up some momentum over there, compared to here.

Pretty big fight tonight. It's the 168 version of Leonard/Hearns.....like, Leonard/Hearns "lite".

Nobudius
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 3 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]363293[/snapback]
I've only seen Kessler fight once so I can't argue with you. He's obviously in his prime and maybe he really is the next big thing, but I think that if I were Calzaghe I'd rather have Hopkins or Winky on my resume when applying for the hall of fame. With the exceptions of Beyer, Mundine and Andrade (not exactly worldbeaters), Kessler's never been in with any top level opponents. Hopkins or Winky would be, IMO, way more historic - even at their ages.

I tend to think that Calzaghe could have gotten more money for fighting Hopkins or Winky, but maybe I'm wrong. I would argue that both Hopkins and Winky have styles that would be tough for Joe to dominate, whereas Kessler will be right there for Joe all night. I'd rather see a slugfest than a chessmatch, so I'll take this fight with a smile. But at some point you do have to wonder if Calzaghe (who's 35) has any intention of facing a fellow hall of famer.

And that's the thing. Many people haven't seen Kessler fight, so many people here don't see this as the BIG fight that it is. From what I have seen so far of MK, he is much more dangerous at this stage than X or Winky. Whether he wins or not tonight, Kessler certainly isn't some hack job, or an over hyped fighter. To unify the 168 division is significant-the division lacks history. I actually give JC some credit for taking this, although I don't think fighting Kessler was his first or second choice.

JC & X have been jawing back & forth at each other for years. Gawd, I hope Winky isn't viewed a HOF fighter...
Blayde
This right here is the big problem. Its nothing but a SHAME that for so many people a win over someone like Winky would be better that one about Kessler.

What the boxing world has to do is to realize that Calzaghe-Kessler is way bigger than Hopkins-Winky, Hopkins-Tarver, Tarver-Johnson or whatever.
NickBarker
I've got Joe for the same reasons that everyone else does. I think his speed, unorthodox style, and workrate are enough to carry the decision in Cardiff.
hardhead
Is this fight a delay or is it live at 8 central,that way I don't go onto a site and see the results before hand. I had heard something about it being 5 PM eastern a while back..
AussieLad
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 3 2007, 02:21 PM) [snapback]363281[/snapback]
I hope you're right because I'm planning my night around it. laugh.gif

I am sold on the idea that there will be a lot of punches landed tonight and so everything else is secondary.

I dont think winky is a big name outside hardcore fans. Joe is too big, too fast, and too skilled.

And tito "done like a dinner" trinidad? Why bother

Calzaghe hopkins is a good fight though.

Calzaghe vs kessler is a better match up than any of the above fights though.

Kessler can deal with speed, calzaghe is getting his first loss
salvador
QUOTE(Blayde @ Nov 3 2007, 01:48 PM) [snapback]363301[/snapback]
This right here is the big problem. Its nothing but a SHAME that for so many people a win over someone like Winky would be better that one about Kessler.

What the boxing world has to do is to realize that Calzaghe-Kessler is way bigger than Hopkins-Winky, Hopkins-Tarver, Tarver-Johnson or whatever.

Why do you think that? Or are you just kidding?
AussieLad
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 3 2007, 09:02 PM) [snapback]363319[/snapback]

Calzaghe vs Kessler will determine the best at super middle, and if calzaghe were to win it may just crown him the best super middle in an all time sense (in terms of accomplishments at least, remaining undefeated for a decade and unifying against strong opposition). IF kessler wins he would need a longer rule before any historical significance gets factored in

None of the other fights mentioned had an "all time" aspect about them
Fitz
QUOTE(Nobudius @ Nov 4 2007, 03:33 AM) [snapback]363296[/snapback]
Reading some of the coverage this morning for this fight. Some interesting things:

1)-The US fans in general are more in tune with the upcoming Cotto/Mosley bout. They are obviously more familiar with Calzaghe(but not by much), but are relatively unsure of what to make of Kessler. It's just not a HUGE deal compared with what is going on over there. I think the lack of a US based fighter at 168 causes some of this, as well as Calzaghe not sailing the seas after he scalped Lacy.

2)-The UK/Welsh media are pretty biased-some serious nut hugging there. Maybe I'm reading the wrong publications....but I swear, reading some of them, I can almost picture the writers crying due to being so emotionally moved about Calzaghe.

3)-The Calzaghe fans call Andrade & Beyer "tailor made" for Kessler. He is stiff. Kessler fans call Lacy "tailor made" for Calzaghe. He's a slapper. lol

4)-The Aussies & Kiwis are more in tune with Kessler, due to the Mundine bout. The Mundine thing is interesting.....they seem to hate his guts due to him being retarded, but they also want to see him do well. Anyway, the base "down there" respects Kessler much more than others.

5)-Some anti-RJJ & anti-X resentment is heard from the JC fanbase. Some of the Calzaghe & Kessler fans point to this....."the Yanks" mentality thing.

6)-Boxing seems to be picking up some momentum over there, compared to here.
Pretty big fight tonight. It's the 168 version of Leonard/Hearns.....like, Leonard/Hearns "lite".

You made some nice points and especially about the US not in tune. I have been saying for a while that 168 is one of the best divisions at the moment, but doesn't get the spotlight it deserves because of the lack of US fighters, and you are right about the Aussies as well warming to Kessler. I think it's that the American's don't really know what a good win the Mundine fight was for Kessler. In the manner he won it anyways. I know not many are familiar with Anthony and basically just look at the Ottke loss. Also the Aussies were behind Danny Green in both Beyer fights and then saw Kessler finish him, so they are well aware of Kessler as he has fought an Aussie everyone down here is familiar with and Beyer, who all of us are familiar with from the Green fights.
NickBarker
It really is frustrating about that sort of parochial attitude some American fight fans display. Certainly, there is something to questioning whether someone who has fought exclusively in Wales has been protected, but I think that many take it too far. Calzaghe has beaten a handful of very worthy opponents and so has Kessler. Aside from accomplishments, Calzaghe's skill set makes him a nightmare head-to-head and hence gives him a lofty P4P status. Kessler is up there, as well. Combine that with the first, true unification of the 168 pound division in its history and this is a huge event.

If Calzaghe wins this, I think he's #3 P4P. That's how big this fight is.
Blayde
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 3 2007, 10:02 PM) [snapback]363319[/snapback]

Na, not kidding. I guess my signature says everything, I just think Calzaghe and Kessler are both top fighters p4p.

The thing is fighters like them are not getting the recognition they deserve from HBO. Im having some difficulties trying to describe it, but HBO is making guys like you thinking these HBO fighters were that great wink.gif It doesnt care if you dominated Mundine, if you win get a draw against Taylor and a competitive loss against Hopkins you are greater than everything.

By the way: Does anyone really think Hopkins would be willing to fight Calzaghe or Kessler? The last time he mentioned Calzaghes name was after the Winky fight when Calzaghe-Kessler was already on and B-Hop wanted to do it in the Yankee Stadium laugh.gif
mako65
I am a long time fight fan I have seen Calzaghe look less than great a few times but he did win.
I`ve seen Kessler a couple of times and I think he is too young/composed and strong for Calzaghe, for Kessler his best is yet to come because he has never been in any wars and seems to do it relatively easily.
The only real problem could be fighting in UK, seems to be a real hurdle for a lot of fighters although I don`t think Kessler will be effected somehow.
I am picking Kessler by decision.
Nobudius
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 3 2007, 04:06 PM) [snapback]363326[/snapback]
You made some nice points and especially about the US not in tune. I have been saying for a while that 168 is one of the best divisions at the moment, but doesn't get the spotlight it deserves because of the lack of US fighters, and you are right about the Aussies as well warming to Kessler. I think it's that the American's don't really know what a good win the Mundine fight was for Kessler. In the manner he won it anyways. I know not many are familiar with Anthony and basically just look at the Ottke loss. Also the Aussies were behind Danny Green in both Beyer fights and then saw Kessler finish him, so they are well aware of Kessler as he has fought an Aussie everyone down here is familiar with and Beyer, who all of us are familiar with from the Green fights.

I forgot about the Green connection there. Those bouts with Beyer were.... odd affairs.

The US coverage of the 168 class certainly has some catching up to do. But if Taylor & Pavlik eventually move up.... this could be one, deep, division with a US interest. I'll leave Lacy's name outta of it-his soul still hasn't come back from Wales.

Now, I do think it's a FAIR question to ask: what HOF cailbur opponent has JC beat? Even if he destroys Kessler tonight, the answer is .....none. If JC had an interest in facing HOF level fighters, he should've done it YEARS ago-NOT after announcing his retirement plans in a few months.

Fighting X & others now..... is kind of pointless.

hardhead
Let me say this, I don't think it's so much this "american respect" thing in the United States as much as it's a "boxing respect" thing. The truth is it's pathetic how much coverage(actually NO coverage) Boxing gets in general.

They(the american media) have already declared out sport dead and gone and refuse to look at anything in the sport that's positive.

hardhead
I do think though that there is truth that there might not be as mich coverage of 168 because it's a lot of Non-americans but Like I said there isn't much coverage of anything to tell you the truth..
Jack 1000
Round by Round thread is up! Users should post in there now. Enjoy the fight!

Jack

Administrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.