Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tarver interview
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content1186.html

Tarver seems he like he wants Jeff Lacy.....

Tarver think he's a big draw.

Please let him fight Chad Dawson. I want Dawson to beat him down.
MarzB
Thats all fine, I know that Tarv's not a fav here but he's right about Chad Dawson as far as generating money. Realistically he's a much bigger draw in comparison to Chad Dawson thats for sure.. I'll even say this, why should he take a "high risk LOW reward" fight with him when he's pretty much resigned to cashing out???

Because, "it's the best fight out there?? Do it for the fans"?? The same fans that'll turn on you when you lose?? I thought Tarver beat Glen Johnson BOTH times(7 rounds to 5 the first fight) and thats a name that he didn't mention that I'd like to see.

What is hypocritical in what he said though is he'd be willing to take on Clinton Woods who in my eyes as far as noteriety is exactly the same as Chad Dawson (who outside of boxing fans know him) unless he were to fight Clinton overseas..

I wish they would have touched more on him returning back to Jimmy Williams
BrutalBodyShots
I've got Dawson or Woods over Tarver, bring on either of those fights. Tarver is one guy I always enjoy watching lose.

BrutalBodyShots
Tarver IMO is the most average "big name" we've had in the sport in the last 3-4 years.

Chi-Town
QUOTE(MarzB @ Oct 25 2007, 09:56 AM) [snapback]362302[/snapback]
Thats all fine, I know that Tarv's not a fav here but he's right about Chad Dawson as far as generating money. Realistically he's a much bigger draw in comparison to Chad Dawson thats for sure.. I'll even say this, why should he take a "high risk LOW reward" fight with him when he's pretty much resigned to cashing out???

Because, "it's the best fight out there?? Do it for the fans"?? The same fans that'll turn on you when you lose?? I thought Tarver beat Glen Johnson BOTH times(7 rounds to 5 the first fight) and thats a name that he didn't mention that I'd like to see.

What is hypocritical in what he said though is he'd be willing to take on Clinton Woods who in my eyes as far as noteriety is exactly the same as Chad Dawson (who outside of boxing fans know him) unless he were to fight Clinton overseas..

Great post man...really think you make a lot of sense here
DEP Nihilist
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 25 2007, 10:16 AM) [snapback]362301[/snapback]
Tarver think he's a big draw.

That's what crack does.
Chi-Town
Couldn't stop laughing when he was talking about the European invasion and included Kelly Pavlik.
AussieLad
QUOTE(MarzB @ Oct 25 2007, 02:56 PM) [snapback]362302[/snapback]

I think the point he was trying to make in prefering woods over dawson is more down to who his manager. Tarver seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder over something, and thats why he is more willing to fight the equally unproven woods. As to whether this is just a convenient excuse, because dawson is capable of beating tarver is another matter.

I think it was funny when asked about green early in the piece he seemed to consider him part of the european invasion. Australia --->incredible distance----> Europe? LOL.
buford54
Tarver has looked good in 3 fights. He never looked better than average, at best, in any of his non-RJJ fights.
I will not be surprised/disappointed at all to see him lose.
He's been a movie, and he think that now he is a big draw.
I think that he will lose in one of his next 2 fights.
He seems to forget that Hopkins moved up 2 divisions and beat him for every minute of every round.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.