Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cintron vs. Paul Williams tentatively set Feb 2nd
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
MarzB
I said tentatively because Cintron has an upcoming defense he needs to get out the way but an agreement between the two parties has been reached..

So who do you guys like in this??

This is definitely a pick'em fight. We've never seen Paul Williams truly tested and Kermit feels like a new fighter with Stewart behind him. I'm going to give the nod to Williams due to his volume punching and southpaw style that could give Cintron some issues. But definitely a great style matchup between two punchers.
Douchebag
QUOTE(MarzB @ Oct 26 2007, 01:37 PM) [snapback]362435[/snapback]
I said tentatively because Cintron has an upcoming defense he needs to get out the way but an agreement between the two parties has been reached..

So who do you guys like in this??

This is definitely a pick'em fight. We've never seen Paul Williams truly tested and Kermit feels like a new fighter with Stewart behind him. I'm going to give the nod to Williams due to his volume punching and southpaw style that could give Cintron some issues. But definitely a great style matchup between two punchers.

I think Cintron is going to make a statement in this fight. Look for a KO in around the 5 or 6 round.
Hodge
P-Dub has beat the man who embarrassed Cintron. I think Paul will cruise to a unanimous decision.
Tha Docta
i wonder what round cintron will start crying and then quit?
Mean Mister Mustard
Cintron is going to get plastered. It would not surprise me to see him quit on his corner once he realizes he can't KO or outbox Williams.
BigG
Williams by UD...Cintron does have a punchers chance. Thats about it.
salvador
I have a REALLY hard time believing that Cintron's people would take this fight. They'll wait to see how Mosley/Floyd/DLH/Cotto falls out before signing to fight, and even then, if there's nothing there, I think they'll wait. There's too many easier fights for bigger money for Cintron - Judah, (winner or loser of Mosley/Cotto), DLH (who said he wants 3 fights at 147 in 2008).

Cintron has absolutely no chance against Williams.
PR316
Williams will win. Faster, tougher, and has better skills. Cintron has improved and has a puncher's chance but Williams is just a better fighter IMO.
Elijah
To say Cintron has absolutely no chance is pretty retarded. The dude can fuckin crack. He's definitely got at LEAST a punchers chance. I agree with Conscience, I think Cintron has more skills than people wanna give him credit for. Sure dude broke down almost as bad as Oliver McCall but I think he's a bit more tough mentally since then and working with Manny has seemed to help him a great deal. I also don't buy into the Williams beat Margarito and Margarito beat Cintron so Williams will beat Cintron theory either. To me that doesn't hold much weight in boxing. Really looking forward to this fight.

Cintron KO 11th
salvador
QUOTE(Elijah @ Oct 26 2007, 05:34 PM) [snapback]362454[/snapback]
To say Cintron has absolutely no chance is pretty retarded. The dude can fuckin crack. He's definitely got at LEAST a punchers chance. I agree with Conscience, I think Cintron has more skills than people wanna give him credit for. Sure dude broke down almost as bad as Oliver McCall but I think he's a bit more tough mentally since then and working with Manny has seemed to help him a great deal. I also don't buy into the Williams beat Margarito and Margarito beat Cintron so Williams will beat Cintron theory either. To me that doesn't hold much weight in boxing. Really looking forward to this fight.

Cintron KO 11th

If Margarito couldn't wear Williams down to the body, Cintron sure as hell won't be able to. And Williams' chin held up to Margarito's punches too well for anyone to think that Cintron will hurt him.

What does Cintron have that Margarito doesn't? Because Margarito has at least as much power as Cintron, at least as sturdy a chin, at least as much skill, a much higher workrate, proven stamina, and a much bigger heart. Seriously, outside of a right hand, what does Cintron have that makes you think he can hang with a guy with an 82' reach who throws 100+ punches a round who has proven that he can take a helluva punch?

The only retarded thing here is to think that Steward would ever let Cintron take this fight. Every top fighter in the division will avoid Williams for as long as they can. Take it to the bank, Cintron will go in another direction. I suspect he'll get the loser of Cotto-Mosley or maybe even Judah. If he does fight Williams, he'll lose a one-sided decision.
xxxxxx
I think this is a great fight.Cintron does seem to be more improved and confident since his loss to Margarito, but I would have to pick Williams here based on his volume punching and solid chin.Either way, I think this would be a great fight and also unify 50%(IBF,WBO) of the recognized world titles at welterweight which is good for boxing.Now only if the Mayweather-Hatton winner face the Cotto-Mosley winner and unify the other 50%(WBC,WBA) which could set up a showdown for all 4 belts at Welter.That would be sweet and set up some great fights. drinks.gif

MarzB
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Oct 26 2007, 06:22 PM) [snapback]362462[/snapback]
I think this is a great fight.Cintron does seem to be more improved and confident since his loss to Margarito, but I would have to pick Williams here based on his volume punching and solid chin.Either way, I think this would be a great fight and also unify 50%(IBF,WBO) of the recognized world titles at welterweight which is good for boxing.Now only if the Mayweather-Hatton winner face the Cotto-Mosley winner and unify the other 50%(WBC,WBA) which could set up a showdown for all 4 belts at Welter.That would be sweet and set up some great fights. drinks.gif

I agree and I'd love to see those series of fights but I honestly think that Floyd is gonna try for a rematch with Ricky Hatton in Manchester just because he can milk that market there..
xxxxxx
QUOTE(MarzB @ Oct 26 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]362464[/snapback]
I agree and I'd love to see those series of fights but I honestly think that Floyd is gonna try for a rematch with Ricky Hatton in Manchester just because he can milk that market there..

ya, i also believe Mayweather will try for the rematch, especially if the first fight is competitve.He wants to beat Ricky on his own turf to silence the critics that say he won't go over there.
X3_Bazooka_X3
I think Cintron will knock out Paul rather easily, probably in the first half of the fight, Sure Williams beat Margarito but he didnt dominate by any means, while at the same time Cintron recently blasted out a common opponent of williams in probably the most recent brutal knock out I have seen, in fact it did take Williams nearly a full fight to get Mataysse out of there, so IMO its a pick em fight, forget about the margarito fight, that is water under the bridge, Cintron has improved a great deal since that fight.
While Williams for as many shots as he threw at Margarito he was limited in shots landed, if he throws that many shots with Cintron it will only create more opportunitys for Kermit to get him out of there,
I like Cintron TKO 5
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(salvador @ Oct 26 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]362459[/snapback]
If Margarito couldn't wear Williams down to the body, Cintron sure as hell won't be able to. And Williams' chin held up to Margarito's punches too well for anyone to think that Cintron will hurt him.

What does Cintron have that Margarito doesn't? Because Margarito has at least as much power as Cintron, at least as sturdy a chin, at least as much skill, a much higher workrate, proven stamina, and a much bigger heart. Seriously, outside of a right hand, what does Cintron have that makes you think he can hang with a guy with an 82' reach who throws 100+ punches a round who has proven that he can take a helluva punch?

The only retarded thing here is to think that Steward would ever let Cintron take this fight. Every top fighter in the division will avoid Williams for as long as they can. Take it to the bank, Cintron will go in another direction. I suspect he'll get the loser of Cotto-Mosley or maybe even Judah. If he does fight Williams, he'll lose a one-sided decision.

Margarito does NOT hit as hard as Cintron! When has Williams proven he takes a helluva punch? He has been down before. Williams is very skilled, but he got very sloppy late in the fight with Margarito, and I believe Cintron could capitalize on that and KO him. There is definately a possibility of Kermit losing a one sided decision, but I also think he has a chance to catch Paul too. To me it is an interesting fight which could go either way.
BrutalBodyShots
It's kind of tough to pick against a guy like Williams who has such incredible physical advantages over his opponents.

mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 26 2007, 11:37 PM) [snapback]362492[/snapback]
It's kind of tough to pick against a guy like Williams who has such incredible physical advantages over his opponents.

very true, Paul Williams' physical advantages have blesssed him with so much potential to be the next star in boxing. This will be a good fight and I pick Paul Williams for the decision but I think Cintron will make a better fight out of it than most ppl are assuming
Southeastpaw
I don't understand what the people picking Cintron are basing it off of. His win over Matthysee? Cintron was in a very close fight with Estrada until he knocked him out. He uses his jab better, but he still gets hit. To me, Cintron has not done much to wipe out that domination he got at the hands of Margarito. And now he will be facing a man that is bigger, throws more punches, and has stamina to match. I don't get it. But whatever.

Williams via late round stoppage.
The Original MrFactor
Williams by late stoppage. Cintron has no shot to win this. His power is overrated. You guys read too much into inflated KO records...
singletrack
QUOTE(salvador @ Oct 26 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]362459[/snapback]

The difference is that Margarito doesn't know how to throw a straight shot to save his life. Manny will tell Cintron how to KO Williams - shoot straight shots when he squares up and starts throwing WEAK combos. Margarito has always had problems throwing punches when his opponent is firing shots, and it lost him the Williams fight. All it takes is one devastating straight right to hurt Williams and Cintron WILL finish.

That being said, my prediction is Cintron by KO. I'm not picking a round, I think it could be the first or the 12th. Whatever round it is, I expect Williams to be ahead on points at the time. I just think Williams has big defensive flaws that are mitigated by his physical attributes and high-volume punching, but eventually Cintron will find a way in if he listens to Manny.

The keys to victory for Cintron are:

1. Straight shots when Williams squares up to pat him with those weak combos.
2. Go to the body all night long to slow Williams down.

I think if Cintron does those things effectively, he will win this fight by KO or close decision. If he doesn't, then Williams will win decisively on points.

Keys to victory for Williams are:

1. Move your feet and don't square up to throw long combos - keep it to 1-3 punches and get out of there.
2. jab jab jab and jab some more
3. Tie up Cintron on the inside so that he can't go to the body

Neither one of these guys have been in enough fight scenarios to pick either decisively IMO. I really hope this fight happens. I'll be happy regardless of the outcome because it will establish the winner as a top player in the division.

singletrack
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Oct 27 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]362503[/snapback]
Williams by late stoppage. Cintron has no shot to win this. His power is overrated. You guys read too much into inflated KO records...

I'm not looking at his record, I'm looking at the actual punches. The Matthysse KO was one of the most brutal I've ever seen - period. Cintron has terrifying power. But crazy power can be negated. Williams will have to perform very well or Cintron will have to do very poorly/meltdown. To say Cintron has no shot is naive IMO.
singletrack
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Oct 26 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]362475[/snapback]
ya, i also believe Mayweather will try for the rematch, especially if the first fight is competitve.He wants to beat Ricky on his own turf to silence the critics that say he won't go over there.

PBF would have to be nuts to fight over there IMO. If the first fight is even remotely close (which I don't expect), then a rematch in England would certainly go to Hatton. This has been beating to DEATH, but Hatton gets away with murder in England.

...but let's not take this off topic : )
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(singletrack @ Oct 27 2007, 12:09 PM) [snapback]362507[/snapback]
I'm not looking at his record, I'm looking at the actual punches. The Matthysse KO was one of the most brutal I've ever seen - period. Cintron has terrifying power. But crazy power can be negated. Williams will have to perform very well or Cintron will have to do very poorly/meltdown. To say Cintron has no shot is naive IMO.

Exactly! Cintron atleast has a punchers chance, and that is all you need sometimes in boxing to negate everything else. I do not know what makes people think Paul is untouchable against Kermit, Paul has also tasted the canvas before.
BigG
Cintrons always been overrated....Everyone was picking him to beat Margarito.

I don't think Cintron has got what it takes to be a top fighter.
NickBarker
People need to remember that Williams' freak physical size is not as pronounced against guys like Margarito and Cintron. Against a normal sized welterweight, Williams will absolutely tower. Cintron, however, is 5'11"-6' and knows how to work the jab. I'm not saying Cintron will win, but I think it's a very close fight.

Margarito absolutely does not have the punching power of Cintron.
salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 27 2007, 01:30 PM) [snapback]362511[/snapback]
Cintrons always been overrated....Everyone was picking him to beat Margarito.

I don't think Cintron has got what it takes to be a top fighter.

I totally agree that he's overrated and have an incredibly hard time believing that anyone is giving him a chance given that he's never beaten any top fighter and the fact that the last time he faced a relentless 100+ punch a round fighter he broke down in tears.

Cintron can punch and could conceivably ko a smaller ww with one punch, but he ain't gonna ko Williams. Williams kept Margarito off him for 6 rounds and then took some of the most brutal body shots I've ever seen - and took them well. I still don't think there's a chance in the world this fight happens because the loser of Mosley-Cotto would be more money with less risk.

And Williams has a 10" reach advantage over Cintron. That's freakish by any standards. I just don't see Cintron's jab as an issue.

If Cintron gets in the ring with Williams, Cintron's fragile psyche will be on full display by the 5th round.
Blayde
Styles makes fights ... Im not saying Cintron < Margarito < Williams < Cintron but I Cintron is possibly the most dangerous opponent for Williams.
salvador
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Oct 27 2007, 01:36 AM) [snapback]362489[/snapback]
Margarito does NOT hit as hard as Cintron! When has Williams proven he takes a helluva punch? He has been down before. Williams is very skilled, but he got very sloppy late in the fight with Margarito, and I believe Cintron could capitalize on that and KO him. There is definately a possibility of Kermit losing a one sided decision, but I also think he has a chance to catch Paul too. To me it is an interesting fight which could go either way.

Well, if Margarito doesn't hit as hard, he hits as heavy and he hits a lot more often and he's done it against top level opposition. It's a lot easier to look great against the level of competition Cintron's been fighting than the guys Margarito's been in with.

Williams took Margarito's best shots - something Cintron couldn't do. And the reason Williams got sloppy late in the fight with Margarito was because Margarito persevered through the storm of the first 6 rounds and remained dedicated to the body - something I can't believe Cintron has the heart to do.

In order for Cintron to catch Paul, Cintron's gonna have to keep moving in and take a lot of shots in order to land any. I just don't think Cintron has the constitution to eat 40 or 50 punches a round.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(singletrack @ Oct 27 2007, 12:05 PM) [snapback]362505[/snapback]
The difference is that Margarito doesn't know how to throw a straight shot to save his life. Manny will tell Cintron how to KO Williams - shoot straight shots when he squares up and starts throwing WEAK combos. Margarito has always had problems throwing punches when his opponent is firing shots, and it lost him the Williams fight. All it takes is one devastating straight right to hurt Williams and Cintron WILL finish.

That being said, my prediction is Cintron by KO. I'm not picking a round, I think it could be the first or the 12th. Whatever round it is, I expect Williams to be ahead on points at the time. I just think Williams has big defensive flaws that are mitigated by his physical attributes and high-volume punching, but eventually Cintron will find a way in if he listens to Manny.

The keys to victory for Cintron are:

1. Straight shots when Williams squares up to pat him with those weak combos.
2. Go to the body all night long to slow Williams down.

I think if Cintron does those things effectively, he will win this fight by KO or close decision. If he doesn't, then Williams will win decisively on points.

Keys to victory for Williams are:

1. Move your feet and don't square up to throw long combos - keep it to 1-3 punches and get out of there.
2. jab jab jab and jab some more
3. Tie up Cintron on the inside so that he can't go to the body

Neither one of these guys have been in enough fight scenarios to pick either decisively IMO. I really hope this fight happens. I'll be happy regardless of the outcome because it will establish the winner as a top player in the division.

Are you Teddy Atlas?
Southeastpaw
Cintron has a shot, but the smart money would be on Williams. Cintron is the type of fighter that does wear down as a fight goes on. He wore down during the Estrada fight. He did get the KO, but he was tired. Williams is going to pressure him much more, so if Cintron wants to win, his best chances are early. Williams has faced big, strong punchers before and has gone the distance. Kermit has not proven this. This is why I don't get why people are picking Cintron. Williams is proven, Cintron is not. Cintron has shown that when the going gets tough, he gets going. Since the Margarito fight he has not been in against someone with size, pressure, power, and stamina. This is definitely a test. But I think he will fail.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Oct 27 2007, 01:26 PM) [snapback]362510[/snapback]
Exactly! Cintron atleast has a punchers chance, and that is all you need sometimes in boxing to negate everything else. I do not know what makes people think Paul is untouchable against Kermit, Paul has also tasted the canvas before.

I'm not saying that Williams has never tasted the canvas, but I have been following him for quite a number of years now and would like to know which fight that he was down in. I cannot remember seeing him or hearing about him going down.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Oct 26 2007, 11:37 PM) [snapback]362492[/snapback]

This is something we can agree on, but I really wont say Williams wins this fight for those reasons, becuase he doesnt use all of those advantages over his opponents he sure didnt use them against Margarito in a fight he barley won. I still like Kermit in this fight, call me crazy if you want but dont call me late for dinner thats for sure.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Oct 27 2007, 07:01 PM) [snapback]362547[/snapback]
This is something we can agree on, but I really wont say Williams wins this fight for those reasons, becuase he doesnt use all of those advantages over his opponents he sure didnt use them against Margarito in a fight he barley won. I still like Kermit in this fight, call me crazy if you want but dont call me late for dinner thats for sure.

Ohhh... I think you are mistaken. I made the same plea BEFORE he fought Margarito. I also said Williams doesnt use his size to his advantage. Watch the 1st six rounds of the Margarito fight. Margarito couldnt get to within 3 feet of Williams because Williams jab was so dominant and in Tony's face. He absolutely used his wingspan to keep Tony at bay. Later in the fight Tony closed the distance and made it a very entertaining second half.

Personally, I'm not so sure Cintron makes it to the 2nd half. He made it 5 with Tonty. Wi9lliams doesnt hit as hard as Tony, but he does hit more often. If Cintron isnt out, then he's gonna have a very long night. This will be his 2nd true test.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 27 2007, 06:47 PM) [snapback]362546[/snapback]
I'm not saying that Williams has never tasted the canvas, but I have been following him for quite a number of years now and would like to know which fight that he was down in. I cannot remember seeing him or hearing about him going down.

I could have sworn I heard the Showtime crew say he was down in one of his fights, which one I do not know. If I am wrong I apologize, I have now been searching for any info if he actually has been knocked down since you questioned me. I have come up with nothing so far, so maybe I am wrong, even though I still believe I heard them say he was down before. Anyone else recall hearing or seeing Paul taste the canvas? I know he was rocked by Walter M. a few times in there fight.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Oct 27 2007, 05:37 PM) [snapback]362557[/snapback]
Ohhh... I think you are mistaken. I made the same plea BEFORE he fought Margarito. I also said Williams doesnt use his size to his advantage. Watch the 1st six rounds of the Margarito fight. Margarito couldnt get to within 3 feet of Williams because Williams jab was so dominant and in Tony's face. He absolutely used his wingspan to keep Tony at bay. Later in the fight Tony closed the distance and made it a very entertaining second half.

I personally think the reason why he was able to use that size early was because Tony was a little gun shy early on and couldnt quite figure out what Paul was trying to do in there, in other words I think Tony was being a little to cautious in the early rounds, once he stepped inside he was able to make it more of his fight, Miscalculation on Tonys behalf to me it looked like early he was allowing Paul to punch himself out knowing paul throws throws and throws some more, it backfired on him he feel short in that fight IMO he needed the 12th for a draw, in other words the fight IMO was closer than it should have been.
I think Cintron has learned alot since the fight with Margarito and he will display that against Williams I could be wrong again this is boxing you really just cant put a finger on it, however in reality it is a pick em fight but I still like the puncher
buford54
Williams will win this fight.

Cintron couldn't handle the pressure/power of Margarito.
Williams shut Margarito down to half of his normal output. People can cry all they want about Williams having no power, etc...but if he had no power, Margarito would have kept up his normal work rate. It's hard to punch so much when you are getting punched that much.
Williams has enough speed and activity to keep Cintron confused/upset for the first few rounds and it will keep him completely off his gameplan.
I think Williams will break him down and maybe stop Kermit.
I think Kermit would be smart to try to push for the winner of the Cotto fight, because Williams is a guy to be avoided.

Side note, if this fight happens, my hat is completely off to Cintron, because everyone else will avoid Williams like the plague. Just like I give Margarito huge credit for taking that fight over the Cotto fight...because Cotto is a better style for tony than Paul is.
BrutalBodyShots
I think for someone to beat Williams they are going to have to be very mentally strong. It's not often we see a welter with Williams' physical attributes, but his workrate is just crazy. Combine his workrate with his size and that has got to do a toll on his opponents mentally as the rounds go by and they simply can't get anything done. I'm not sure Cintron is strong enough mentally to work through the firestorm that Margarito was able to for example for the first half of the fight.

dbdbdb
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 26 2007, 04:33 PM) [snapback]362445[/snapback]
Williams by UD...Cintron does have a punchers chance. Thats about it.

Cintron has always had issues with volume punching boxer's. And he will have alot of issues with williams, because williams now has his biggest win behind him. And has the added mental edge of being a champ. He will pummel cintron relentlessly and all cintron will be able to do is look for a lucky shot. Which will be far and few in between the volume of punches he will be collecting.

Once williams body matures and he develops some strength and power ..... he will clear out any division he's in. And if you actually thought people were ducking Margarito ......... Watch and see how many will step up to the plate to fight williams. Williams will have to pay fighters well to even get in the ring with him.

Williams - KO in the 11th
singletrack
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 27 2007, 06:36 PM) [snapback]362544[/snapback]
Are you Teddy Atlas?

No, and I can't think of anything funny to say.
singletrack
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Oct 28 2007, 10:35 PM) [snapback]362733[/snapback]
Once williams body matures and he develops some strength and power ..... he will clear out any division he's in. And if you actually thought people were ducking Margarito ......... Watch and see how many will step up to the plate to fight williams. Williams will have to pay fighters well to even get in the ring with him.

Ehhhh - I don't see how you can say that. He doesn't even appear to have great power at welter. There is no way to say that his power will increase substantially when he matures.

Pay fighters? Let's see him rack up another quality win before he becomes the next RJJ.

Southeastpaw
QUOTE(singletrack @ Oct 29 2007, 04:11 PM) [snapback]362798[/snapback]
No, and I can't think of anything funny to say.

lol. I liked your breakdowns and feel they are accurate. But when I was reading your breakdowns, all I could picture was Teddy standin there with his partner displaying the game plan each fighter needed to execute in order to win. Not a knock on your knowledge by any means, just thought it was funny.

But I believe that Williams will be able to execute his game plan and will be able to limit what Cintron can do. I think Brutal is right on the money about the fight fighter who beats Williams is going to have to be mentally strong. Cintron already has one strike against him in that dept.
singletrack
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 29 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]362801[/snapback]
lol. I liked your breakdowns and feel they are accurate. But when I was reading your breakdowns, all I could picture was Teddy standin there with his partner displaying the game plan each fighter needed to execute in order to win. Not a knock on your knowledge by any means, just thought it was funny.

I was picturing the same thing when I was writing it...wondering if anyone would make the comment ; )

But I believe that Williams will be able to execute his game plan and will be able to limit what Cintron can do. I think Brutal is right on the money about the fight fighter who beats Williams is going to have to be mentally strong. Cintron already has one strike against him in that dept.

Totally possible. The image I keep seeing is Williams squaring up to throw some multi-punch combo and Cintron ducking under a couple of punches, shooting a straight right into to Paul's nose, and ending the fight. But I wouldn't be "surprised" if Paul came out and dominated. I just think he will need to do things a lot differently then he did against Margarito when fighting Cintron with Manny in his corner.
Southeastpaw
I believe Paul will get caught from time to time. But he has an amazing chin. I feel he will be fine.

And I'm not so sure that having Manny in Cintron's corner means too much now-a-days. Manny seems to be slippin quite a bit. Not so much because of Taylor's actual loss, but from what he was telling Taylor in the corner. He was inaccurate. And if the things he was saying to Taylor in the corner were true and a sign of what he is seeing in the ring from fighters, Cintron might be better off without Manny.
WolfishPromistah
South, if you mean in what Manny was saying to Taylor -- by telling him he was losing -- he said he did so in order to keep Jermaine keyed on the brevity in the situation, in that -- whatever lead Taylor may have had -- it was slipping in Pavlik's favor; so it was a call made by Manny to keep Jermaine aware that he'd need to truly impress "down the stretch(smile)." Manny expressed his thoughts on what he was supposedly trying to do at the post-presser, something he claimed as common for what he does with his fighters. To be honest, I wondered whether that was the case when I considered I had Pavlik ahead during the fight...but I thought Manny was just trying to tell Taylor the truth -- that he simply thought he was losing for real. Hey, I tend to think JT was at the time, and I was truly surprised by the judges all having him so far ahead at the stoppage. In fact, I actually thought, too, of the possibility Manny was using an excuse in the presser to try and cover his ass from Jermaine's cutting him from the team.

"PocoNOzzzzz"

Anyway, Williams all the way!
Southeastpaw
Manny told Jermaine that he like the pace in the first and to keep it up because Kelly would not be able to sustain that pace. Jermaine is the one that has shown that pace can be a problem for him. I thought Manny was crazy or something. Pavlik always fights at a very high pace. I thought that advice was as ignorant as it gets. Taylor did not need that pace. I thought that Taylor needed to use the ring and counter and take his time, cause he isn't going to outwork Pavlik. I did not understand Manny's strategy. I just think it is a sign of him slippin. Just me though.
buford54
Williams is too quick on his feet and doesn't give his opponent an opportunity to get any punches off.
I think Cintron will think that he'll walk through Williams punches and land something big....but he doesn't have the mental soundness to cope with guys who don't let him think.
Southeastpaw
What I think is funny is how many downplay Williams power. The guy isn't the most powerful man @ 147, but the guy does possess some power. And he definitely has enough power to keep a fighter honest.
singletrack
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Oct 30 2007, 10:13 AM) [snapback]362846[/snapback]
I believe Paul will get caught from time to time. But he has an amazing chin. I feel he will be fine.

How do you know he has an amazing chin?

And I'm not so sure that having Manny in Cintron's corner means too much now-a-days. Manny seems to be slippin quite a bit. Not so much because of Taylor's actual loss, but from what he was telling Taylor in the corner. He was inaccurate. And if the things he was saying to Taylor in the corner were true and a sign of what he is seeing in the ring from fighters, Cintron might be better off without Manny.

That was some bizarre advice. If Manny gives shitty advice in this fight, then we know he is out of his mind.
Southeastpaw
Williams has taken flush shots from some very hard hitters and I have not seen him momentarily stunned yet.
Col Reb
I wonder if Floyd would fight the winner to unify titles. Do y'all think either PW or Cintron could beat Floyd?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.