Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andre Ward vs. Edison Miranda in 2008?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
I read that Goosen is thinking of putting Ward in with Pantera next year...

HUGE step up for Ward. He's my favorite prospect and I personally feel he has enough talent to be a champion someday. He's got good ring smarts, good technique, GREAT handspeed...but he might have chin issues...we'll see. I might have to favor Pantera if this happens.
BrutalBodyShots
That's a really big step up... I mean Ward will have 15 or 16 fights by then. I hope in his next few fights he's planning on stepping up the competition prior to Miranda.

stateofthegame
I am not big on either guy. I have always felt Miranda was a bit overrated and II have always felt that Ward was a bit chinny, so if this fight happens I would favor Miranda because of his power, but Ward does have speed and some pop as well and I am also not convinced of Miranda's chin either, but I would take Miranda.
NickBarker
Definitely a prototypical BAD fight. I just have trouble seeing Ward going from fighting total bums to dealing with a very legitimate contender and huge puncher in Miranda.

I'm with stateofthegame, I think Miranda has been overrated to an extent. However, he's still a big time fighter and Ward hasn't even sniffed the likes of him before.
BigG
You have to give Ward credit if he DOES step up and fight Pantera. I am a big Ward fan but I'll go with Miranda by KO if they do ever fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.