Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most dramatic MMA fights you've seen
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
DEP Nihilist
I haven't seen too too many but here is my list in no particular order:

Fedor Emelianenko-Kevin Randleman...holy hell what a suplex that was, I thought he was going to be out cold then he rebounds and submits him with the kimura

Matt Hughes-Frank Trigg II-good fight, Hughes was an idiot for complaining and I thought he was on his way out but damn that was a nice slam...not as good as his slam of Carlos Newton, but a nice slam

Quinton Jackson-Ricardo Arona-Rampage was just about out and then wins with that wild powerbomb

Forrest Griffin-Stephan Bonnar I-not the most skilled fight but an exciting fight

BJ Penn-Matt Hughes II-great comeback
STEVENSKI
I was going to say Hughes vs Trigg II. That was a great fight. How Hughes survived the ball shot & pounding still amazes me & his slam was pretty sweet too.
BrutalBodyShots
I found Nogueira/Herring I (from Pride around 2001) to be pretty dramatic and entertaining.
pcraw
Scott Smith vs. Pete Sell!
Warlord
Sakuraba/Smirnovas is the most dramatic fight in MMA history. Period. Anyone who doesn't think so is a hater or a UFC nuthugger.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/GenghisCon/...-sakuraba-.aspx

pcraw
Sakuraba/Smirnovas is the most dramatic fight in MMA history. Period. Anyone who doesn't think so is a hater or a UFC nuthugger.

I wouldnt say hater or UFC nuthugger as much is I would say a difference in opinion. I could call you a Pride nuthugger. I bet you are one of those guys that think the Pride guys are only struggling in the UFC because of the cage? It has nothing to do with the guys there fighting. Smith/ Sell was unbelievable and so was Sakuraba/Smirnovas, but it's a matter of opininon.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Warlord @ Oct 29 2007, 11:27 PM) [snapback]362837[/snapback]

http://www.livevideo.com/video/GenghisCon/...-sakuraba-.aspx

Warlord thanks for the clip. I had not seen that fight. Very dramatic without a doubt. Sakuraba is lucky because he very well could have been stopped under another jurisdiction or with a different referee. He also got a nice break when they decided to reposition the fighters due to the ropes becoming a factor.

Do you have a clip to that fight without the music/video work? It's tough from that clip to really see Sakuraba's comeback due to the added footage and such.

Warlord
QUOTE(pcraw @ Nov 4 2007, 09:24 AM) [snapback]363584[/snapback]

I wouldnt say hater or UFC nuthugger as much is I would say a difference in opinion. I could call you a Pride nuthugger. I bet you are one of those guys that think the Pride guys are only struggling in the UFC because of the cage? It has nothing to do with the guys there fighting. Smith/ Sell was unbelievable and so was Sakuraba/Smirnovas, but it's a matter of opininon.

I could call you a Nick Diaz nuthgger, Percy, but it isn't really relevant to the converesation. As for being a Pride nuthugger, I don't think so. An MMA nuthugger, maybe.

As for Sakuraba/Smirnovas, that fight happened in K-1: Heroes, not Pride, so I don't relly see how Pride came into the debate in the first place. Though I reckon I should've clarified which organization the fight had taken place in for some of our more uneducated fans who think UFC is the only game in town.

But since the topic of Pride did come up, let's go ahead and and address that while we're at it. There is some bullshit myth floating around amongst some of the denser populace that want to claim Pride fighters are struggling in the UFC. How are they struggling, exactly? Is Anderson Silva struggling? Yes he is. Struggling to find another shitass opponent after completely trashing the best the UFC had to offer at his current weight class. And who exactly does Dana White want to bring in to fight Silva? Dan Henderson. Why? Because, in Dana's own words, Dan is the only fighter that has even a remote chance to be competitive with Silva. The same Dan Henderson who throws down with Light Heavys and Heavys on a regular basis, and the same Dan Henderson who came over to the UFC after years of fighting in Pride.

So I guess maybe the Pride guys are struggling at Light Heay because Shogun got choked out by TUF star Forrest Griffin. But... wait... isn't Rampage Jackson the champ there? Didn't he trash the face of the UFC in mere seconds by knocking his ass out cold? And didn't he come over to UFC from... gasp... Pride?

And didn't the UFC's heavyweight champion just "resign" from the company, and give up his title, in order to go look for a match with the greatest heavyweight in the world today, one Fedor Emelianenko? Should I even mention which org Fedor was fighting for before moving to M-1?

And now that Randy Cotoure has stepped away, how long is it really gonna be before Nogueira (former Pride Heavyweight champion) takes the vacant title?

Get back to me in a few months after we have 3 of the UFCs 5 titles being held by former Pride fighters, and we'll have another conversation about how, or why, Pride fighters are "struggling," lol.
Warlord
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 4 2007, 12:29 PM) [snapback]363622[/snapback]
Warlord thanks for the clip. I had not seen that fight. Very dramatic without a doubt. Sakuraba is lucky because he very well could have been stopped under another jurisdiction or with a different referee. He also got a nice break when they decided to reposition the fighters due to the ropes becoming a factor.

Do you have a clip to that fight without the music/video work? It's tough from that clip to really see Sakuraba's comeback due to the added footage and such.

Glad you liked the clip, homeboy. Check out Sakuraba/Smirnovas at dailymotion.com. You can just type their names into the search engine and it should give you some uneditd videos to look at as well.

And you're right, that fight should've been stopped early. Sakuraba was fucking dead in the fight. Whoever reffed that fight hould be barred for life from officiating another match. That was just sick to see. That's why the fight was so dramatic though, and it's why I listed it here. I have never in my life seen someone take such a brutal beatdown and come back from the brink of literally dying, and instead pull off a win.

Besides the local shows in the U.S., I've had a chance to see some of the live MMA events in Japan and Korea, and I can tell you I have never personally witnessed a more dramatic fight. Another thing I've noticed is that the difference between fans there and in the U.S. is like night and day. The fans there truly are educated about the sport, and they really respect the fighters involved. Any fighter that has fought there has nothing but good things to say about Japan and the Japanese fans. Rampage, Dan Henderson, Fedor, Wanderlei Silva, the Gracies, the Shamrocks, Bas Rutten, all the legends of the sport will tell you that Japan is the place to be if you love MMA. I've had the chance to travel throughout Asia, and I think I can safely say that those guys are right. Fans in the States are, for the most part, assholes who think they know more than they really do, seeing one halfway decent scrap and ready to proclaim it the 'most dramatic fight of all time in the history of the world" and shit.

True MMA fans owe to themselves to check out some of the MMA events held outside the U.S., so that they can really get a taste as to what MMA is really all about. This UFC nuthugging has got to go, lol. As astounding as it might be to some, a fat, paunchy, aging, mohawked slob like Chuck Liddell is not the pinnacle of Mixed Martial Arts. He never was, and he never will be. Regardless of what a few of our homegrown morons might have you believe.
DEP Nihilist
Speaking of Nick Diaz, that was a good fight he had with Lawler a while back, I liked the taunting.
pcraw
QUOTE(Warlord @ Nov 5 2007, 12:55 AM) [snapback]363774[/snapback]
I could call you a Nick Diaz nuthgger, Percy, but it isn't really relevant to the converesation. As for being a Pride nuthugger, I don't think so. An MMA nuthugger, maybe.

As for Sakuraba/Smirnovas, that fight happened in K-1: Heroes, not Pride, so I don't relly see how Pride came into the debate in the first place. Though I reckon I should've clarified which organization the fight had taken place in for some of our more uneducated fans who think UFC is the only game in town.

But since the topic of Pride did come up, let's go ahead and and address that while we're at it. There is some bullshit myth floating around amongst some of the denser populace that want to claim Pride fighters are struggling in the UFC. How are they struggling, exactly? Is Anderson Silva struggling? Yes he is. Struggling to find another shitass opponent after completely trashing the best the UFC had to offer at his current weight class. And who exactly does Dana White want to bring in to fight Silva? Dan Henderson. Why? Because, in Dana's own words, Dan is the only fighter that has even a remote chance to be competitive with Silva. The same Dan Henderson who throws down with Light Heavys and Heavys on a regular basis, and the same Dan Henderson who came over to the UFC after years of fighting in Pride.

So I guess maybe the Pride guys are struggling at Light Heay because Shogun got choked out by TUF star Forrest Griffin. But... wait... isn't Rampage Jackson the champ there? Didn't he trash the face of the UFC in mere seconds by knocking his ass out cold? And didn't he come over to UFC from... gasp... Pride?

And didn't the UFC's heavyweight champion just "resign" from the company, and give up his title, in order to go look for a match with the greatest heavyweight in the world today, one Fedor Emelianenko? Should I even mention which org Fedor was fighting for before moving to M-1?

And now that Randy Cotoure has stepped away, how long is it really gonna be before Nogueira (former Pride Heavyweight champion) takes the vacant title?

Get back to me in a few months after we have 3 of the UFCs 5 titles being held by former Pride fighters, and we'll have another conversation about how, or why, Pride fighters are "struggling," lol.

Did you say "After we have 3 of the 5 titles?" I didnt know you fought in Pride. We=Pride nutthugger!
Warlord
QUOTE(pcraw @ Dec 30 2007, 09:24 PM) [snapback]372968[/snapback]
Did you say "After we have 3 of the 5 titles?" I didnt know you fought in Pride. We=Pride nutthugger!

Actually I was using "We" as a reference to all the fans of MMA. I'm not sure why you picked that one sentence out of all the others to apply your opinion to what you thought I meant by that sentence.

We = Us. We = People (as in more than 1.) Surely you must have enough grasp of the english language to understand this overly simple phrase.
pcraw
QUOTE(Warlord @ Dec 31 2007, 12:32 AM) [snapback]372993[/snapback]
Actually I was using "We" as a reference to all the fans of MMA. I'm not sure why you picked that one sentence out of all the others to apply your opinion to what you thought I meant by that sentence.

We = Us. We = People (as in more than 1.) Surely you must have enough grasp of the english language to understand this overly simple phrase.

So we means all MMA fans are worried about Pride guys having 3 of the 5 titles. Maybe you dont understand the English language. I wish I had time to keep going back and fourth with you keyboard warrior, but I have better things to do with my time. You claim you love MMA, but the only fighters you give credit to are guys that fight in Japan or have fought in Japan. I would never question my intelligence if I were you, going by your 1 interview you did! Trust me!
Warlord
QUOTE(pcraw @ Dec 31 2007, 10:23 AM) [snapback]373008[/snapback]
So we means all MMA fans are worried about Pride guys having 3 of the 5 titles. Maybe you dont understand the English language. I wish I had time to keep going back and fourth with you keyboard warrior, but I have better things to do with my time. You claim you love MMA, but the only fighters you give credit to are guys that fight in Japan or have fought in Japan. I would never question my intelligence if I were you, going by your 1 interview you did! Trust me!

No, "we" means the result "we" as fans will be a witness to, Crawford. Goddamn this shit is getting pathetic. Let me break the rest of that sentence down for you too, cool guy, before you start grasping for other straws. The "we'll" in that sentence refers to YOU and I, as in you and I will have this conversation again once there are 3 Pride fighters holding UFC belts.

Awaiting your backwards ass response in 3... 2... 1...
tonywithfighthype
Rutten/Kohsaka, what an ending!
Lala-Nomics
In no particular order....

Bonnar/ Griffen 1: Talk about leaving it all in the ring!
Diaz/ Gomi: Whatta suprising showing from Diaz and a great display of mental toughness.
Trigg/ Hughes "saga': It's personal, what more can one ask for? That kiss Trigg threw Matt's way was priceless!
Jackson/ Arona: SHAAABLAAMM!!
Huerta/ Guida: More recent but impressive showing from both nonethless.
Trigg/ Misaki: Yes, ladies and gentleman, the American did it!!
Barnett/ Flipovich: Poor Josh had battles up to that bout, injury riddin, and exhausted he did what he could to no avail....so dramatic....
And who can forget....
"Morgan, Mackenzie!! Daddy's okay!!" -HEHE...Poor Coleman got absolutely annihilated be Fedor....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.