Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sour Grapes, Sore loser or The Truth?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
dbdbdb
Read the following article:

http://www.nbcsports.com/portal/site/nbcsp...nextfmt=default

Summary:
Washington Redskin Randall Godfrey stated that running up the score shows No Class and No Respect for the other team. And this isn't proper for Pro sports and wouldn't have been done by Gibbs, Dungy, The Big Tuna or any other great coach other than Belichek.

I say, in any sport, the goal is to win and win convincingly. And in my opinion this means that you crush your opponent, if you can and don't stop until the fat lady sings. Like in Boxing, so what you're winning the fight, you pound your opponent into oblivion until the last round is over.

Your Opinion??
JD
Up 38-0 with 11 minutes to go...not sure I see the need for your starters to be in the game and to go for it on 4th down from inside the opponents 10.

Belicheck is undeniably a great coach, but this is a good way to get your players hurt, because someone is eventually going to say "fuck the fine, I am taking Brady out".
DEP Nihilist
I know everyone is going nuts about the Colts-Patriots, Superbowl 41.5, 19-0 blah blah blah but the real accomplishment this season will be St. Louis or Miami's quest for 0-16.
Method
If I was charged with cheating and/or not being able to win without cheating, then hit with a $500,000 fine, god damn right I would come out to make a statement EVERY Sunday.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Method @ Oct 29 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]362805[/snapback]
If I was charged with cheating and/or not being able to win without cheating, then hit with a $500,000 fine, god damn right I would come out to make a statement EVERY Sunday.

I think that's what its all about. Making a statement!!!! I've watched teams as they play the Pats, and they don't know who to focus on. {Too many weapons} They get frustrated and moral goes through the floor.

I think only the media made a big stink about the videotaping. Teams have been doing everything from a - z to get the edge for years. The Pats were just too obvious.
JD
QUOTE(Method @ Oct 29 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]362805[/snapback]

I could see burying the Jets...or even the entire AFC East, but a respected old-timer in the coaching fraternity like Gibbs?

Seemed a little unnecessary. At 38-0 in the 4th and 11 minutes left, going for it on 4th down and leaving Tom Brady just seems like it could backfire eventually.
DEP Nihilist
QUOTE(JD @ Oct 29 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]362816[/snapback]
I could see burying the Jets...or even the entire AFC East, but a respected old-timer in the coaching fraternity like Gibbs?

Seemed a little unnecessary. At 38-0 in the 4th and 11 minutes left, going for it on 4th down and leaving Tom Brady just seems like it could backfire eventually.

They hadn't beaten Washington in like 35 years, maybe they were worried about a comeback.
hardhead
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Oct 29 2007, 03:56 PM) [snapback]362769[/snapback]
Read the following article:

http://www.nbcsports.com/portal/site/nbcsp...nextfmt=default

Summary:
Washington Redskin Randall Godfrey stated that running up the score shows No Class and No Respect for the other team. And this isn't proper for Pro sports and wouldn't have been done by Gibbs, Dungy, The Big Tuna or any other great coach other than Belichek.

I say, in any sport, the goal is to win and win convincingly. And in my opinion this means that you crush your opponent, if you can and don't stop until the fat lady sings. Like in Boxing, so what you're winning the fight, you pound your opponent into oblivion until the last round is over.
Your Opinion??

I agree in the general sense that there's no such thing as "running up the score" at least I don't believe there's a such thing, but most people look at as not being classy but I look at the same way as you, if you feel like scoring on every play go for it, it's up to the defense to stop you no matter what quarter and what the score. Crush the opponent if you want to. However like others have mentioned it's is pretty risky to keep starters in when you do things like that you piss a lot of opposing guys off and I wouldn't be surprised if you see guys taking a cheap shots at Brady(if they can get to him, that's the problem) and others to try and knock him the fuck out. If I was Gibbs I'd probably send a goon fucker in there like Hockey and cheap shot like a motherfucker... laugh.gif

Now is the Pats and Blicheck a bunch of assholes/pricks with no class, absolutely but the thing is they back it up and they're are a great team(and coach) maybe one of the greatest of all time. It definitely looks like Belichek is making a statement with doing what he did.

I definitely want the Colts to win to humble them a little bit. I like players on both teams(Reggie Wayne, Joesph Addai, Manning) and one of my all time favorite Tigers plays for the Pats(Kevin Faulk) and a couple other Tigers play for the Pats as well..
Mino
QUOTE(JD @ Oct 29 2007, 12:28 PM) [snapback]362770[/snapback]
Up 38-0 with 11 minutes to go...not sure I see the need for your starters to be in the game and to go for it on 4th down from inside the opponents 10.

Belicheck is undeniably a great coach, but this is a good way to get your players hurt, because someone is eventually going to say "fuck the fine, I am taking Brady out".

Yup....they have every right to run uo the score, but they are going to do it against the wrong team, and Brady will be in there to long, and someone is going to make him pay...then there going to be fucked...cant wait
Abdul
In the words of Shannon Sharpe, Emmit Smith and a host of former players, if these teams are mad that the Pats are running up the score STOP THEM!!! They need to shut the hell up and play, that's what the Pats are doing.

I feel that if your good enough to put your foot on another teams neck keep it there, these teams no what they're walking into every week against these Pats, come prepared to play 48 Minutes regardless of what the score is.
JD
QUOTE(Abdul @ Oct 31 2007, 02:18 AM) [snapback]362939[/snapback]
In the words of Shannon Sharpe, Emmit Smith and a host of former players, if these teams are mad that the Pats are running up the score STOP THEM!!! They need to shut the hell up and play, that's what the Pats are doing.

I feel that if your good enough to put your foot on another teams neck keep it there, these teams no what they're walking into every week against these Pats, come prepared to play 48 Minutes regardless of what the score is.

What about the final 12 minutes?
DEP Nihilist
More NFL teams should start celebrating TD's like Georgia did against Florida.
Abdul
QUOTE(JD @ Oct 31 2007, 07:38 AM) [snapback]362941[/snapback]
What about the final 12 minutes?

OPPS!!! LOL!! I forgot
hardhead
QUOTE(DEP Nihilist @ Oct 31 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]362951[/snapback]
More NFL teams should start celebrating TD's like Georgia did against Florida.

Yea, I missed that but kind of caught the end of it, that was good stuff, I just like for rivals sometimes to do shit like that to let the other team and fans know why they call them "rivals"

Not all the time but just sometimes..
BGv2.0
I HATE the Patriots....have for years well before the video deal....Brady seems like a smart ass fuckwad....BUT....his talent is without question and I respect him as a GREAT QB....that being said, IMHO it's a HUGE disservice to him and to Pats fans to leave the guy in to take a hit that could even be career ending if done with enough malice and precesion.

And with the emotions this game brings and the stakes...you can bet at some point some LB will say fuck it and try to kill Brady......people say....don't complain...stop them.....well killing their QB will pretty much do that.

IMHO the ONLY true total POS is Belichek......he is a sorry no good bastard who's desire to win borders on the psychotic. I think the guy would break his own mother's legs if she did not pay him after losing a hand in poker.

Brady is not the problem....but he very well might be the one who suffers from it.

For true poetic justice to occur....I'd like to see Brady being rushed out of the pocket close to the Pats side line, when a HUGE deadly LB dives with his helmet....Brady ducks...and said LB hits Belichek dead in the chest causeing a massive (non leathal) heart attack or severe mouth warping stroke...THEN justice would prevail.

Belichek is a POS.....this is a guy who was shocked Gibbs would not come shake his hand after he just berated him on the filed.....YET...he himself did not want to shake Mannings hand when the guy FINALLY beat him 1 time out of how many???

The guy is a first rate asshole.
dbdbdb
It seems that the topic of nailing brady is crossing quite a few minds.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Co...t?urn=nfl,51840
Mino
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Nov 1 2007, 03:07 PM) [snapback]363064[/snapback]
It seems that the topic of nailing brady is crossing quite a few minds.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Co...t?urn=nfl,51840

Its gonna happen and I cant wait, If they wanna keep acting like assholes then someone will indeed return the favor
BGv2.0
I noticed the Dick-licks chose to kneel it out like pansy bitches insead of going for the higher score on Sunday! lol

I suppose nursing a 4 point lead commands respect....

I cannot wait for the Steelers to play these guys...even if they blow 'em out...I just hope Troy or any of the other LB's hits Brady so hard his mother's ovaries quiver!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.