Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: From Collazo Interview: "...then I would fight the winner of Shane Mosley vs. Miguel Cotto."
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
singletrack
Collazo is fighting some nobody (literally - Collazo didn't even know his name) and if he wins then he has earned the right, in the eyes of the WBA, to get the winner of Mosley/Cotto? Is he talking out of his ass, or is that accurate?

Looking at the WBA rankings, that makes no sense. But then again, the rankings themselves are a total joke.

WELTERWEIGHT (147 Lbs / 66.68 Kgs)

World Champion: MIGUEL COTTO P.R.
Won Title: 12-02-06
Last Mandatory: 03-03-07
Last Defense: 06-09-07
WBC: FLOYD MAYWEATHER IBF: KERMIT CINTRON
WBO: PAUL WILLIAMS

1. FREDERIC KLOSE (OC) FRA
2. YURI NUZHNENKO (WBA I/C) UKR
3. SHANE MOSLEY USA
4. CARLOS QUINTANA P.R.
5. LUIS COLLAZO USA
6. JAN ZAVECK SLO
7. NELSON LINARES VEN
8. ANDRE BERTO USA
9. ZAB JUDAH USA
10. JACKSON OSEI BONSU(EBU) BEL
11. IVAN KIRPA RUS
12. USHIWAKAMARU AKIBEI JPN
13. MIGUEL RODRIGUEZ MEX
14. ALEX DE JESUS P.R.
15. JOAQUIN ZAMORA USA

DEP Nihilist
QUOTE(singletrack @ Oct 31 2007, 10:17 AM) [snapback]362949[/snapback]
Collazo is fighting some nobody (literally - Collazo didn't even know his name) and if he wins then he has earned the right, in the eyes of the WBA, to get the winner of Mosley/Cotto? Is he talking out of his ass, or is that accurate?

Looking at the WBA rankings, that makes no sense. But then again, the rankings themselves are a total joke.

WELTERWEIGHT (147 Lbs / 66.68 Kgs)
World Champion: MIGUEL COTTO P.R.
Won Title: 12-02-06
Last Mandatory: 03-03-07
Last Defense: 06-09-07
WBC: FLOYD MAYWEATHER IBF: KERMIT CINTRON
WBO: PAUL WILLIAMS
3. SHANE MOSLEY USA
4. CARLOS QUINTANA P.R.
5. LUIS COLLAZO USA
6. JAN ZAVECK SLO
7. NELSON LINARES VEN
8. ANDRE BERTO USA
9. ZAB JUDAH USA
11. IVAN KIRPA RUS
13. MIGUEL RODRIGUEZ MEX
14. ALEX DE JESUS P.R.
15. JOAQUIN ZAMORA USA

Collazo, the wba and their rankings are all mentally disabled...I try to ignore them at all costs.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(singletrack @ Oct 31 2007, 09:17 AM) [snapback]362949[/snapback]
3. SHANE MOSLEY USA
4. CARLOS QUINTANA P.R.
5. LUIS COLLAZO USA
6. JAN ZAVECK SLO
7. NELSON LINARES VEN
8. ANDRE BERTO USA
9. ZAB JUDAH USA
11. IVAN KIRPA RUS
13. MIGUEL RODRIGUEZ MEX
14. ALEX DE JESUS P.R.
15. JOAQUIN ZAMORA USA

Wow, a serious murderer's row. That's a virtual who's who right there.
singletrack
QUOTE(DEP Nihilist @ Oct 31 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]362950[/snapback]
Collazo, the wba and their rankings are all mentally disabled...I try to ignore them at all costs.

Heh - I think I'll have to adopt that philosophy.
Jack 1000
I know that the Acaries brothers are very influential in how the WBA rates fighters. They are the Don King and Bob Arum of French boxing. It's been rumored that they donate money (like a lot of promoter's do) to the sanctioning organizations to get their boxers rated. For years, Arum was forced to donate money to the WBA in order to get his fighters' title shots. I am sure the WBC and IBF operate in a similar way. (Charpentier the #1 guy at a time for Delahoya. Hakker the #1 guy for Hopkins at one time.) Often if you see an undeserved Frenchmen with a sanctioning body's #1 rating, the Acaries brothers are behind it.

Jack
singletrack
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Oct 31 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]362965[/snapback]
I know that the Acaries brothers are very influential in how the WBA rates fighters. They are the Don King and Bob Arum of French boxing. It's been rumored that they donate money (like a lot of promoter's do) to the sanctioning organizations to get their boxers rated. For years, Arum was forced to donate money to the WBA in order to get his fighters' title shots. I am sure the WBC and IBF operate in a similar way. (Charpentier the #1 guy at a time for Delahoya. Hakker the #1 guy for Hopkins at one time.) Often if you see an undeserved Frenchmen with a sanctioning body's #1 rating, the Acaries brothers are behind it.

Jack

Thanks for the info Jack!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.