Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fitz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
xxxxxx
Hey Fitz, remember when you knocked my idea of PBF vs Pac-Man? Well, now you can knock the idea that Pac-Man and Oscar may fight.This is being discussed right now.
Fitz
And I will knock this idea as well. That is retarded and a fucking joke.
Fitz
You should have provided a link. Anyways, here it is.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/BenzNew1030e07.htm

I need to point out again how fucking stupid this is. It still doesn't change my mind in thinking PBF and Pacquiao is a stupid idea, just that DLH-Pacquiao is about 10 times more stupid.
No way this happens. This can't be serious or legit, can it?
DEP Nihilist
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Oct 31 2007, 11:54 PM) [snapback]363016[/snapback]
Hey Fitz, remember when you knocked my idea of PBF vs Pac-Man? Well, now you can knock the idea that Pac-Man and Oscar may fight.This is being discussed right now.

thehype
Pacquiao TKO5

Muhahahahahahaha

laugh.gif
Fitz
I don't even know how the hell this is even possible. DLH would have to make 147, and that is even doubtful. If you don't find that stupid enough Pacquiao would have to move to 147. That would be like 9 divisions from his original weight.
There are just so many stupid things about this, I don't know how anyone can take this seriously. Hype, if you put this on your front page as news, I will fly over there to kill you laugh.gif.

BigG
but Manny HAS been coming to fights at 144..147 is crazy but you think 140 would be possible.

Manny is a natural 126-130 pounder anyway....he started at 108 but so did Marco. Both of them began their pro careers at a young age. Manny started his pro career at 16 so he definitely had ALOT of maturing to do. Manny was a KID. His power/speed definitely improved when he got to 122-130 pound divisions.
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 1 2007, 07:57 PM) [snapback]363029[/snapback]
but Manny HAS been coming to fights at 144..147 is crazy but you think 140 would be possible.

Manny is a natural 126-130 pounder anyway....he started at 108 but so did Marco. Both of them began their pro careers at a young age. Manny started his pro career at 16 so he definitely had ALOT of maturing to do. Manny was a KID. His power/speed definitely improved when he got to 122-130 pound divisions.

Come on biggeorge. Don't take this fight seriously. It doesn't matter what fighters come in on fight night at. DLH doesn't come in at 154 either. So it doesn't really matter IMO. Every fighter comes in heavier on fight night (in most cases), so Manny coming in at 140 means jack, when DLH fights heavier than that even when he drains himself to make weight. The point is DLH would have to fight at most 147 and even that may not be realistic, that would mean Manny would have to jump 3 divisions from where he is. Manny wouldn't even be able to beat the best 135 pounder as it is IMO.
This is one of the best jokes I have read in a while.
BigG
I'm not taking this fight seriously...my point is that Manny is coming into fights heavier then Juan Diaz is coming into his...it's a joke because DLH is a junior-middleweight but I personally think Manny can move up to 135 w/ no problem.
Fitz
Manny may be able to beat some fighters at 135, but I wouldn't think he would beat the best at 135 (Juan Diaz). But this isn't 135 we are talking about anyways. The joke that we have here is he would fight DLH, this would be at least 147 for Pacquiao, no way DLH could come in at any less than that.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(Fitz @ Oct 31 2007, 11:20 PM) [snapback]363017[/snapback]
And I will knock this idea as well. That is retarded and a fucking joke.

Fitz, just relax bro.I'm not trying to challenge you here whether it's a crazy idea or not.I'm just making the point that my idea of PBF-Pacman isn't as ridiculous as you thought.I honestly think it would be a better fight than what some people think.
JD
Oscar might kill Pacquiao.
singletrack
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 1 2007, 10:58 AM) [snapback]363041[/snapback]

^^^^^

What he said.

As other have said, I think Juan Diaz would do a number on Pac-man as well.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 1 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]363041[/snapback]

Exactly,

WAAAAYYY too much weight disparity. Let's move Pacquiao to lightweight first.

Jack
JD
If people are looking for a big fight for Oscar next, the guy to look at is Cotto.

If Cotto beats Mosley, there is no doubt in my mind, that is the fight Oscar will want. Everyone seems to think Cotto - Mayweather is a lock if both these guys win, but I would not bet on it...should Cotto win, expect Oscar to swoop in and take that fight on Cinco De Mayo weekend in Vegas.
BrutalBodyShots
Pacquiao fighting any top fighter at or above 135 is an absolute joke to me.

So obviously a fight against Mayweather or DLH at 147-154 just makes me laugh.

Southeastpaw
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Nov 1 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]363040[/snapback]
Fitz, just relax bro.I'm not trying to challenge you here whether it's a crazy idea or not.I'm just making the point that my idea of PBF-Pacman isn't as ridiculous as you thought.I honestly think it would be a better fight than what some people think.

Well the idea of DLH/Pac makes PBF/Pac sound a little more legit.

I don't think it is as absurd as some are making it out to be. A little odd, but if both fightgers are able to make a catch-weight, why not? I'd watch.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 1 2007, 01:29 PM) [snapback]363057[/snapback]
Well the idea of DLH/Pac makes PBF/Pac sound a little more legit.

I don't think it is as absurd as some are making it out to be. A little odd, but if both fightgers are able to make a catch-weight, why not? I'd watch.

It would still be 9 weight classes above where Pacquiao started, that's insane.

That would be like DLH who started at 130 I believe fighting 9 weight divisions higher against Wladimir Klitschko.

Southeastpaw
But, if they can both make a certain weight, it would be alright. We see some large weight disparities @ HW. And many times the much smaller guy is too quick and elusive for the bigger guy. And they don't even have a certain weight they have to make, as long as they are above the HW limit. And the weight classes that separate the smaller weight classes are not that much. I just don't think it is that crazy. It is odd for certain, but not outta the question.

Would you guys tune in?
Maxy
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 1 2007, 12:34 PM) [snapback]363058[/snapback]
It would still be 9 weight classes above where Pacquiao started, that's insane.

That would be like DLH who started at 130 I believe fighting 9 weight divisions higher against Wladimir Klitschko.

No it wouldn't and I don't need to explain why.

All the same, it's stupid to think Pac could box De La Hoya or Mayweather or Hatton or anybody else up and around 140/147.
BrutalBodyShots
Sure, I'd watch it but just because it would be a freak show and something that basically never happens.

Maybe the DLH to heavyweight example isn't the same, but 9 divisions a lot even in the lower classes.

Take a look at it from the perspective of weight gain verses original body weight.

If Pac started at 108 and fights at 147, that's a 39 pound gain or a 36% increase in weight.

So if you were to take someone like Roy Jones that first fought at about 155 I believe, most thought it was a big jump when he weighed in at 193 for Ruiz. A 36% gain over 155 though would be like if Jones weighed in at 211 against Ruiz.

Oscar that started at 130 would fight at 175 if he took a 36% gain.
Lil-lightsout
I think Pac and Pavlik would be a great match-up! Probably a pick-em fight.
Fitz
The only good that could come out of this, is it could keep the Pacquiao fans quite.......for good.
Snoop
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 1 2007, 08:52 PM) [snapback]363075[/snapback]
The only good that could come out of this, is it could keep the Pacquiao fans quite.......for good.

God could you imagine the Pacquiao fans pre-fight if this was to come off? I shutter just thinking about what ignorant shit I would hear.
torvix2000
I'm excited! So when is this fight's gonna happen? laugh.gif
Southeastpaw
Knock his head off PacEEEYOWW!
and the NEW
Imagine if someone said when Oscar started out his career fighting guys like Carl Griffith, that he will fight BHOP?

Or how about Tito back in his days of fighting Pea, someone telling you he would be fighting Roy!

If BHOP gets credit for Oscar, you have to give Mayweather or Oscar credit for Pac!

Either to me, is just as much of a joke as the other!
BigG
Hopkins-De La Hoay wasnt a joke because

A: De La Hoya was a GOOD sized Junior-Middleweight at that point and brought up some his power and still had alot of speed. De la Hoya is 5'11 too. His frame was probably built to be a 147 pounder...He was huge in those lower weight classes.

B: De La Hoya was a high skilled future HOFer and so was Hopkins.

C: De La Hoya KO'd - PRICELESS
and the NEW
Wink showed what a decent sized junior middle can do to a decent sized welter when he wooped Tito through sheer strength!

DLH was much weaker than Tito at 147.

Lets face it, DLH was a TINY middle, he looked totally overpowered against Sturm, and looked like a bug in there with BHOP. He never had a chance!
BigG
Hopkins outboxed DLH. He was slicker defensively then DLH was.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Nov 3 2007, 03:01 AM) [snapback]363252[/snapback]
Imagine if someone said when Oscar started out his career fighting guys like Carl Griffith, that he will fight BHOP?

Or how about Tito back in his days of fighting Pea, someone telling you he would be fighting Roy!

If BHOP gets credit for Oscar, you have to give Mayweather or Oscar credit for Pac!

Not really. As I've already illustrated above DLH would have to fight at 175 pounds to equal the amount of jump Pacquiao would be making. DLH has never and never will fight at 175 pounds.

Trinidad that started at 140 would have to fight at 190 pounds to realize the same gain that people are proposing Pacquiao could take. Who would you take Trinidad over at 190 pounds?

Southeastpaw
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Nov 3 2007, 03:01 AM) [snapback]363252[/snapback]

Either to me, is just as much of a joke as the other!

You and I are in the same boat. I don't think it is all that crazy. Floyd started his pro career @ the weight that Manny now fights in and from what I have heard, is having trouble making weight in. Manny is thinking of moving up to 135, the weight where Floyd, after winning a title there, was saying that he wanted to reside in and defend more times than Louis did @ HW. There is not but maybe an inch difference in height between the two. It is definitely not as crazy as people are making it out to be.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 3 2007, 11:41 AM) [snapback]363298[/snapback]
You and I are in the same boat. I don't think it is all that crazy. Floyd started his pro career @ the weight that Manny now fights in and from what I have heard, is having trouble making weight in. Manny is thinking of moving up to 135, the weight where Floyd, after winning a title there, was saying that he wanted to reside in and defend more times than Louis did @ HW. There is not but maybe an inch difference in height between the two. It is definitely not as crazy as people are making it out to be.

I agree, The idea of Pac-Man vs Oscar is a little crazy, but Pac-Man Vs PBF would make much more since considering their #1 and #2 p4p right now.Floyd prolly walks around at sumthing like 150 while Pac-man walks around at sumthin like 145.And like you said, the height differnece aint that great.Floyd is like 5-8 and Pac is around 5-6.I stand by my opinion that this fight would sell and would'nt be a freak show.It would be a better fight than some people think, but I would take PBF by late fight stoppage in a great fight.
Fitz
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Nov 3 2007, 08:22 PM) [snapback]363260[/snapback]
Wink showed what a decent sized junior middle can do to a decent sized welter when he wooped Tito through sheer strength!

I disagree. Winky didn't whoop Tito through strength at all. He used the simplest 1,2 for the whole entire night. Winky could have weighed 147 that night and it wouldn't have mattered. Tito just couldn't stop the simplest of things for the whole entire night.
Fitz
I also think that DLH-Hopkins is heaps different than DLH-Pacquiao. DLH could never get credit for a win over Pacquiao. The Mayweather-Pacquiao fight is still a joke IMO. Mayweather fought his last fight at 154 and beat DLH, for him to fight Pacquiao would mean he has to come all the way back down to 135 to fight him. Mayweather just beat a big DLH, what exactly would a fight against Pacquiao now prove? I don't even know if Pacquiao could beat Diaz at 135, and people are talking about DLH and Mayweather? Sounds ridiculous to me.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 3 2007, 04:59 PM) [snapback]363325[/snapback]
I also think that DLH-Hopkins is heaps different than DLH-Pacquiao. DLH could never get credit for a win over Pacquiao. The Mayweather-Pacquiao fight is still a joke IMO. Mayweather fought his last fight at 154 and beat DLH, for him to fight Pacquiao would mean he has to come all the way back down to 135 to fight him. Mayweather just beat a big DLH, what exactly would a fight against Pacquiao now prove? I don't even know if Pacquiao could beat Diaz at 135, and people are talking about DLH and Mayweather? Sounds ridiculous to me.

Fitz, why would PBF have to come all the way down to 135 to fight Pac-Man?They could meet at a catch weight around 145.Yes, PBF did just fight at 154, but he has stated that he came into that fight at 148.If you listen to his interview after the fight he says"A WelterWeight beat a Jr.Middleweight tonight".I agree with you that Oscar couldn't get credit against Pac-Man because of the size difference, but Floyd and Pac-Man are much similar in size and Pac has been on a role the past few years.Didn't he win Fighter of the Year last year?
BigG
Mayweather comes in to fights at 148 or something and Pac has been coming into fights at 144....Maybe they could fight at 140? All I know is I'd PAY to see that.
Fitz
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Nov 4 2007, 09:09 AM) [snapback]363328[/snapback]
Fitz, why would PBF have to come all the way down to 135 to fight Pac-Man?They could meet at a catch weight around 145.Yes, PBF did just fight at 154, but he has stated that he came into that fight at 148.If you listen to his interview after the fight he says"A WelterWeight beat a Jr.Middleweight tonight".I agree with you that Oscar couldn't get credit against Pac-Man because of the size difference, but Floyd and Pac-Man are much similar in size and Pac has been on a role the past few years.Didn't he win Fighter of the Year last year?

Because 135 is the only weight that I myself as a fan could take serious. Seeing Pacquiao jump any higher than that without a stop at 135 is stupid to me. Pacquiao fighting at 145? We aren't talking about someone like Pavlik who would jump to 175 or something from his starting weight. I don't understand the logic in the fight either. Mayweather has fought bigger, stronger and quick guys as well (Judah, DLH) and guys who are quite aggresive as well. Now Mayweather would face a guy who has things he has seen and beaten comfortably before but this time do it on a smaller scale against a skinny guy? This is a joke to me and makes so sense.

Now to DLH. Look at DLH now standing next to Pacquiao. LOL.

xxxxxx
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 3 2007, 05:22 PM) [snapback]363330[/snapback]
Because 135 is the only weight that I myself as a fan could take serious. Seeing Pacquiao jump any higher than that without a stop at 135 is stupid to me. Pacquiao fighting at 145? We aren't talking about someone like Pavlik who would jump to 175 or something from his starting weight. I don't understand the logic in the fight either. Mayweather has fought bigger, stronger and quick guys as well (Judah, DLH) and guys who are quite aggresive as well. Now Mayweather would face a guy who has things he has seen and beaten comfortably before but this time do it on a smaller scale against a skinny guy? This is a joke to me and makes so sense.

Now to DLH. Look at DLH now standing next to Pacquiao. LOL.

Also, in that picture, look at Oscar and B-Hop.And for the record I think a Pac-Man-PBF makes more sense than a Pac-Man-De La Hoya fight.
Fitz
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Nov 4 2007, 09:33 AM) [snapback]363332[/snapback]
Also, in that picture, look at Oscar and B-Hop.And for the record I think a Pac-Man-PBF makes more sense than a Pac-Man-De La Hoya fight.

Yeah. Hopkins is taller that Oscar, so? But the physical size difference between them wasn't huge. Mayweather and DLH are not just taller but physically bigger by a big margin. DLH wasn't too small, he just didn't carry the weight up well, it happens.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 3 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]363334[/snapback]
Yeah. Hopkins is taller that Oscar, so? But the physical size difference between them wasn't huge. Mayweather and DLH are not just taller but physically bigger by a big margin. DLH wasn't too small, he just didn't carry the weight up well, it happens.

Listen Fitz, why do you lump Oscar and Floyd together like their the same size? A little tip for you, their not that close in size as Mayweather is to Pac-man.Yes I know that Mayweather fights only 1 division below Oscar, but Mayweather comes into fight night the same weight as the limit or at least close to and Pac comes in well over the weight limit.Oscar is nearly 6 foot and Mayweather is only 5-8, while Pac is slightly over 5-6.
BigG
Fitz, you know you'd pay for that fight.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 3 2007, 06:16 PM) [snapback]363347[/snapback]
Because this thread is about DLH and you brought up Mayweather? My opinion is exactly the same for Pacquiao vs DLH/Mayweather, except I feel stronger about the DLH fight being more stupid. So it doesn't matter if I use both of them, I feel the same about both.

What exactly is it about the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight that you find interesting (outside that it could be a p4p #1 vs #2 fight)?
  • Do you think Pacquiao is going to out box Mayweather?
  • Do you think he is going to outmuscle him? lol
  • Speed that Mayweather won't be able to deal with, even though he handled Judah and DLH's?
  • The power Pacquiao posses?
I want to hear what you think Pacquiao would do that others couldn't. Because I really don't know what it is.

I didn't start this thread becuse I thought Pac-Man vs De La hoya makes sense.I started it to make the point that if this fight is being mentioned than Pac-ManvsPBF is not as ridiculous as you made it sound after I started a thread about it sometime ago.You are the one who attacked my idea of a fight between PAC and PBF and attempted to make me feel stupid.Now to your questions you have asked me. No, I do not think Pac will out box Mayweather.I don't think there is anyone who can do that right now.No, I don't think Pac will outmuscle Mayweather, but Pac is a strong dude for his frame and would give it his all which would be interesting to watch.Pac is faster than Floyd and that will be a problem for Floyd, but I think PBF will deal with it.Pac is very strong for his size like I said before, and this is boxing.Anyone can be stopped.Remember when Roger Matweather said he knocked out his coach and he weighed about 120 pounds at that time?Wouldn't that shock the world and Mayweathers ego if a lightweight knocked out the P4P Champ who is a welterweight.
hardhead
I think it's a RETARDED idea, and anybody who suggest is also a retard, yes that includes Larry Merchant.

xxxxxx
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 3 2007, 06:56 PM) [snapback]363352[/snapback]
Cool. So you couldn't find a way that this fight is interesting either except the points that you made that Pacquiao is strong for his size (even though he wouldn't be fighting someone his size) and he is quicker than Floyd (Judah was as well) and you still think Mayweather would handle Pacquiao's speed. Not even you could find a reason as to why this would be a cool fight.

I just answered your questions you asked.I think Judah and Pacman are differnet type fighters and Pac is quicker than Judah also. I think it would be an interesting fight becuse both guys are hall of famers,both guys bring fans to watch fights,both guys are considered p4p best,also stylistically this would be a cool fight because manny is a pressure fighter and Mayweather is a defensive wizard who counterpunches well.I'm going to watch the Calzaghe-Kessler fight now so we can continue this later.
BigG
Pac isnt quicker or more powerful then Judah.

What Judah lacks in conditioning and ring smarts, he definitely does NOT lack in punching power and hand speed.
Southeastpaw

Now that is a size differential. A couple inches is not that big a difference as long as the fighters can meet at a catch weight and make the weight.
torvix2000
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 4 2007, 12:57 AM) [snapback]363363[/snapback]

Now that is a size differential. A couple inches is not that big a difference as long as the fighters can meet at a catch weight and make the weight.

Geez! He's huge!!! Reminds me of Dempsey vs Willard!
xxxxxx
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 3 2007, 07:35 PM) [snapback]363360[/snapback]
Pac isnt quicker or more powerful then Judah.

What Judah lacks in conditioning and ring smarts, he definitely does NOT lack in punching power and hand speed.

I never said Pac is more powerful than Judah, but I do believe he is slightly quicker than super Judah.Even if he's not it;s dam close.
BrutalBodyShots
I still can't believe there is any discussion of Pac fighting above 130.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.