Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FH Mosley Videos - some comments.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
singletrack
First of all - great coverage FH - thanks a ton!

Here are my observations, for what they are worth.

Mosley looked like shit sparring with his first partner. The guy was obviously BIG and he moved somewhat similar to Cotto. If he wasn't taking it easy then I think he is in for a brutal beating.

Shane looked great against the second guy who looked like dogmeat to me. At least that is the way he was fighting. It looked like he was giving him some more physical work, but he was letting Shane repeatedly hit him with overhand rights and dropping his hands - odd.

Mosley looked great on the mits. Jab sounds solid, right hands look great.

Too bad for Mosley the mits don't hit back : )

I really think one of the keys to the fight for Cotto will be to keep the fighting on the inside. Mosley gets a lot of power on his shots when he has space and time to throw them. He has very quick combos, but they don't do significant damage. His power shots are usually outside of his quick exchanges. The uppercut is also going to be a key punch for him. If he can land that consistently, it will cause problems for Cotto. Hopefully, since I'm a Cotto fan, Miguel will have plugged that hole in his defense come fight time. But, in all honesty, I still see him taking uppercuts do to his style. Cotto squares up and throws right left hook combos to the body, no way to defend against the uppercut in that scenario. At least not without more head movement which Miguel hasn't really shown a ton of so far.

I can't wait for the fight.

Great coverage - THANKS!
thehype
No problemo.

Thanks for the support.
Douchebag
QUOTE(singletrack @ Nov 1 2007, 11:00 AM) [snapback]363042[/snapback]
First of all - great coverage FH - thanks a ton!

Here are my observations, for what they are worth.

Mosley looked like shit sparring with his first partner. The guy was obviously BIG and he moved somewhat similar to Cotto. If he wasn't taking it easy then I think he is in for a brutal beating.

Shane looked great against the second guy who looked like dogmeat to me. At least that is the way he was fighting. It looked like he was giving him some more physical work, but he was letting Shane repeatedly hit him with overhand rights and dropping his hands - odd.

Mosley looked great on the mits. Jab sounds solid, right hands look great.

Too bad for Mosley the mits don't hit back : )

I really think one of the keys to the fight for Cotto will be to keep the fighting on the inside. Mosley gets a lot of power on his shots when he has space and time to throw them. He has very quick combos, but they don't do significant damage. His power shots are usually outside of his quick exchanges. The uppercut is also going to be a key punch for him. If he can land that consistently, it will cause problems for Cotto. Hopefully, since I'm a Cotto fan, Miguel will have plugged that hole in his defense come fight time. But, in all honesty, I still see him taking uppercuts do to his style. Cotto squares up and throws right left hook combos to the body, no way to defend against the uppercut in that scenario. At least not without more head movement which Miguel hasn't really shown a ton of so far.

I can't wait for the fight.

Great coverage - THANKS!

I was watching Friday night fights a couple of months back and Shane seemed unsure of himself when he was on stage with Cotto. Like he was sizeing him up. Cotto was being Cotto, dude is just a machine.
BigG
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The 2nd guy kept getting hit with right hands over and over for the simple fact that he had his left down and was in a defensive shell ala Judah.......Shane looked decent in sparring.
singletrack
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 1 2007, 06:08 PM) [snapback]363081[/snapback]
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The 2nd guy kept getting hit with right hands over and over for the simple fact that he had his left down and was in a defensive shell ala Judah.......Shane looked decent in sparring.

In his defense, we don't know what they are working on at any given time and I would guess he isn't going 100% so close to the fight. You don't want to cause an injury at this stage. But what do I know, I'm not an expert when it comes to boxing training.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.