Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Water fight ends in tears
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Fitz
This happened in Australia.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/wat...3619061306.html

KEN Proctor was watering his large front lawn just after 5pm on Wednesday when a passerby allegedly accused him of violating water restrictions.

Even though Mr Proctor, 66, was in the clear hand-held hose watering is permitted in Sydney on Wednesdays after 4 pm the man persisted, and police allege Mr Proctor turned the hose on him. That was when Todd Munter, 36, allegedly punched Mr Proctor and kicked him while he lay on the ground.

Mr Proctor suffered a massive heart attack. He was taken to hospital in a critical condition, where he died shortly after.

"The two neighbours were giving him CPR. Poor Ken, he didn't look well at all, he was all red in the face," said neighbour Bruce Buscombe, who, with other neighbours, was last night planning to have a beer at the Sylvania Bowls Club in memory of their lost mate. It was a ritual the neighbours often followed after meeting in front of Mr Proctor's house.

Mr Proctor leaves behind a wife and two children. He had also recently become a grandfather when his daughter gave birth to a girl.

A former football player, Mr Proctor had worked as a truck driver for 28 years. Munter yesterday faced Sutherland Local Court charged with Mr Proctor's murder.

The court heard he was taking a prescription drug similar to morphine and sleeping pills for a chronic back condition, but had no signs of mental illness. Munter was remanded in custody until November 15.

This kind of reminded me of CEO's thread on attacking an elderly laugh.gif.

Probably not cool to attack an older guy, but I can't help but think that the younger man is a little unlucky. We have strong water restrictions here and I guess he made a comment about the guy breaking them.
I can see why someone might assault someone because someone turns a hose on them, it wasn't as if he beat the guy to death either, from what I understand he died of a heart attack. Violence doesn't solve anything and this is probably why you shouldn't attack someone older as they are vulnerable, but I can still see why he would have attacked this 50 year old man.
The CEO
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 2 2007, 03:10 AM) [snapback]363109[/snapback]
the man persisted, and police allege Mr Proctor turned the hose on him. That was when Todd Munter, 36, allegedly punched Mr Proctor and kicked him while he lay on the ground.

laugh.gif

yes2.gif

Mr Proctor suffered a massive heart attack. He was taken to hospital in a critical condition, where he died shortly after.

OOPS!

Bottom line...old farts shouldn't act young and/or hard...this lowers the odds of them gettin' beaten to death.

laugh.gif
ROLL DEEP
Just goes to show that you shouldn't start bloody fights. You never know whats gonna happen.

The old guy shouldn't have sprayed him and the young guy shouldn't have hit him. Maaaan, people need to chill out.
dbdbdb
I don't care if its a water restriction or not, its not the civilians place to correct the matter, call the police if it bothers you that much. Even though I'm not old and I'm in great shape, I wish to god that some prick stranger would comment on where & when I'm using the water I'm paying for. {It wouldn't happen in my neighborhood anyway, because everyone knows I'm a few cans shout of a six-pack} laugh.gif

The judge should throw the book at the young pussy .... next time mind your freakin business and don't pick on old guys. I'm willing to bet that inside the joint {when he arrives dntknw.gif } he won't be running his mouth at those younger inmates.

What a chump ..... pick on someone your own age & size.
Fitz
But the water restrictions are so tight down here at the moment. You have schedules for when you can water your garden, how to wash your car. There are big fines at the moment if they find out you haven't been following the restrictions. Shortage on water down here.
But in the end, not everyone is going to take it kindly when they are sprayed with a hose.
STEVENSKI
From my understanding of this the guy was actually within his rights to be doing what he was doing with his hose. End of story this prick stomped a unconcious man & the guy dies as a result thats murder IMO.
WolfishPromistah
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Nov 2 2007, 01:23 PM) [snapback]363146[/snapback]
I don't care if its a water restriction or not, its not the civilians place to correct the matter, call the police if it bothers you that much. Even though I'm not old and I'm in great shape, I wish to god that some prick stranger would comment on where & when I'm using the water I'm paying for. {It wouldn't happen in my neighborhood anyway, because everyone knows I'm a few cans shout of a six-pack} laugh.gif

The judge should throw the book at the young pussy .... next time mind your freakin business and don't pick on old guys. I'm willing to bet that inside the joint {when he arrives dntknw.gif } he won't be running his mouth at those younger inmates.

What a chump ..... pick on someone your own age & size.

Yeah! -- what both you and STEVENSKI said. It is WRONG, man; people need to master more self-control. And this one sounds like just another typical attempt to get some attention, similar to like how a would-be toughie tries to make a name for himself / herself in the street ranks. But hey, it's for the world of respect, right? Bullshyt!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.