Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calzaghe 166.5 - Kessler 168
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD

Both fighters look to be in tip-top, though I do not think anyone expected anything less.
Southeastpaw
Thanks for the pics JD. I can't wait for this one. Kessler's tat is badass.
BrutalBodyShots
I read elsewhere that it was 167.5 for Calzaghe and that it took Kessler 2 tries. Is that incorrect?

JD
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 2 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]363128[/snapback]
I read elsewhere that it was 167.5 for Calzaghe and that it took Kessler 2 tries. Is that incorrect?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7073948.stm

Actually Brutal, Calzaghe was 1 pound 9 ounces under (11st 12 lb 7 oz, 14 lb to a stone), which would be 166.5...and Kessler only had to take his underwear off because when he got on initially, he was two ounces over which is apparently what his underwear weighed...but he did not have to go sweat off any weight or anything - so I still considered it the first try.
Maxy
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 2 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]363128[/snapback]

Yeah I read that in a couple of places also. Apparently Kessler had to strip to make the weight.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 2 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]363130[/snapback]
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7073948.stm

Actually Brutal, Calzaghe was 1 pound 9 ounces under (11st 12 lb 7 oz, 14 lb to a stone), which would be 166.5...and Kessler only had to take his underwear off because when he got on initially, he was two ounces over which is apparently what his underwear weighed...but he did not have to go sweat off any weight or anything - so I still considered it the first try.

Gotcha. Thanks!
JD
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 2 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]363137[/snapback]
Gotcha. Thanks!

Anytime, bro.

Tha Docta
did he have a turd in his underwear? i dont think my underwear weigh that much.
singletrack
They aren't smiling no more! Looking forward to the fight - should be a good one.
ROLL DEEP
There have been reports that Calzaghe has been eating something like 600 calories a day to make weight. He's been even skipping food on days.

That can't do you any good. It's killed him to make the weight if there are truth in these reports.

Can't wait for this fight!!!! Beer, pizza and boxing. Awesome.
PR316
Both look to be in awesome shape. Didn't expect Joe to make 166.5. Kessler looks super strong. Should be one helluva fight.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Nov 2 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]363143[/snapback]
There have been reports that Calzaghe has been eating something like 600 calories a day to make weight. He's been even skipping food on days.

I don't know if I buy into any of that. I can't recall Calzaghe EVER weighing in at 166.something for any of his fights. He's been consistently 167-168 for as long as I can remember. Can anyone ever recall him weighing in as low as he did today?

Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Nov 2 2007, 12:54 PM) [snapback]363143[/snapback]

Usually if someone struggles to make weight they don't come in 1.5 lbs under the limit. This is probably just rumors coming out of his camp to maybe mess with Kessler.

Anyway you cut it I see this being a great fight.
Bazooka Limon
Lets Kiss
Nobudius
My lord, what a gay picture that is.
Maxy
Judging by those pics Kessler looks the stronger man. This should be a great fight and the atmosphere is going to be absolutely electric.
caneman
got youtube? live rules! ok tape! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IW-pb4fOAc
AussieLad
Doesnt seem to be any real height advantage for kessler in the earlier photo's.

But then you see this one and its more obvious, unless you try and factor in shoes

This is going to be a great fight.

Kessler by decision. Wasnt convinced by Joes struggle against sakio bika, and wasnt impressed by him fighting that contender wannabe.

Still, its a very tough fight for both guys. Joe is no walk in the park for anyone
sTotheR
is Kessler a southpaw?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Maxy @ Nov 2 2007, 04:12 PM) [snapback]363158[/snapback]
Judging by those pics Kessler looks the stronger man. This should be a great fight and the atmosphere is going to be absolutely electric.

Yeah, I agree. But look how Lacy looked, and Joe nullified that and embarrassed him.
Maxy
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Nov 2 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]363182[/snapback]
Yeah, I agree. But look how Lacy looked, and Joe nullified that and embarrassed him.

Yeah but I think we can all agree to a certain extent that Lacy was a hype-job. Looked good physically and his left hook hurt lower calibre fighters....BUT Kessler is somewhat more proven. Isn't he?

I've gone for Joe to win but its one of those fights where I couldn't make a definitive pick and have 100% faith in it.
Fitz
Lets go Kessler, hope he gives him a whipping.

By the way, Kessler looks like Dorian from 'The Mask'.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Maxy @ Nov 2 2007, 08:09 PM) [snapback]363187[/snapback]
Yeah but I think we can all agree to a certain extent that Lacy was a hype-job. Looked good physically and his left hook hurt lower calibre fighters....BUT Kessler is somewhat more proven. Isn't he?

I've gone for Joe to win but its one of those fights where I couldn't make a definitive pick and have 100% faith in it.

I thought Lacy was the real deal personally, but after his fight with Joe, I was wrong and Lacy was exposed. You are right about Kessler, I think he is more proven and seems like the goods to me. I am going with Kessler in an entertaining bout that shows off tremendous skills on both fighters. Can't wait.
Imperius3
QUOTE(Nobudius @ Nov 2 2007, 02:54 PM) [snapback]363155[/snapback]
My lord, what a gay picture that is.

If you watch the video you can put the picture into context, and it's not as gay.
Method
Ay George, that's "Redfoot" from Usual Suspects.
BrutalBodyShots
So can anyone recall Joe ever weighing in as low as he did for this fight? Surprising seeing that the guy has been at 168 forever and has supposedly been "struggling" to make weight recently.

caneman
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 3 2007, 02:52 AM) [snapback]363249[/snapback]
So can anyone recall Joe ever weighing in as low as he did for this fight? Surprising seeing that the guy has been at 168 forever and has supposedly been "struggling" to make weight recently.

no & he looks too skinny to me! kessler looks like a much bigger guy for some reason. i am not sure he calslappy over trained or is just trying to come in lighter so he can move better. so just so i have this shit str8, the fight ids really @ 5 PM EST but showing @ 9 PM EST?
Method
No Caneman, the fight is REALLY at 2 AM so they can show it here at like 10 or 11 PM.

I can't say with any conviction, b/c I just don't follow him that close or have that kind of access to him (c/o Frank Warren), but I don't remember him being this light. In fact, I can say with conviction that I have heard him complain on more thna one occassion about having to make 168. Now, I can't be so quick to claim he's over trained, because people said the same thing about Hopkins when he weighed 157 1/2 for Trinidead, but Joe looks slim. He either overtrained, or he did this puposefully to move around better. I tend to think the latter but I hope for the former.
gods son
i cant wait!!
lets pray it lives up to its expectations!

the atmopshere will be like that in a English Soccer match!!!!!!
HD...SURROUND SOUND SPEAKERS...5 GRAMS OF SNOW, TONS OF CORONAS..ME AND FEW FELLAS. All set. drinks.gif
Method
LOL @ "5 grams of snow".

With only a "few" fellas, that's a gram+ per guy.

I wanna party with you, dude.
hardhead
Huh bra, 5 grams of snow!!! damn you really doing it big... laugh.gif
gods son
QUOTE(hardhead @ Nov 3 2007, 10:54 AM) [snapback]363289[/snapback]
Huh bra, 5 grams of snow!!! damn you really doing it big... laugh.gif

hahha, cut the sarcasm, lol
we are not trying to do heavy tonight!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.