Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez-Juarez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I must be the only one who is looking foreward to this fight. I wont be able to see either fight live, since I have tickets to the Gopher football game, but Ill check all the fights out when I get home. This fight could be a good one if Juarez shows up. Juarez at one time was a hyped up prospect who was supposed to take over the featherweight division. He lost a close fight to Soto, and then a close one to Barrera. Of course Marquez is one of the best technichal fighters out there today, but he's slowed down a little bit too. Juarez has power, and if he can bring constant pressure this fight will be close. Juarez has never been blown out of the ring or dominated, and Marquez has fought some of the best names over his career. This should be a good one, with Marquez winning a very close decision. Any thoughts?
Kyle
BrutalBodyShots
I agree with Marquez winning by decision, but do not think it will be "very close" like you do. I think 116-112, 116-112 and 117-111 will be about what the scores read.

kidbazooka1
Im alos looking forward to this fight. If Juarez is on top of his game he can give anyone trouble but I see Marquez outboxing him to take a well deserved UD.
Big Slim Sweet
This should be an entertaining scrap but I can't think of an easier fight to call. I mean, I'd say there's about a 99.7% chance this fight ends with Marquez winning a comfortable UD. Unless Juarez nails him at some point with a homerun lefthook he has no chance whatsoever, no matter which version shows up.

Marquez UD 116-112, 117-111, 118-110. Take it to the bank.
Southeastpaw
I don't believe that this fight will be close at all. I am looking at a 118-110 type of scoring going on here. Juarez has disappointed me too much in the past. I know it is good to be relaxed in the ring, but not that relaxed. Juarez looks complacent in there and is more than happy to just wait. He never shows any signs of urgency, even when he is behind. Juarez fights best when his opponent comes at him. That is when he was most successful against Barrera in their first meeting. I actually thought that their second meeting was not as close as the judges had it. I thought that Barrera won it hands down, no doubt. Barrera utilized more of a strtegic boxing plan the second time round. And Marquez is a master at the technical boxing game. He is going to keep Juarez off balance all night and pick him apart. He may even be able to stop him, butu I am not betting on that. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a clean sweep for Marquez to be honest with you.

JD
Marquez will get dropped...but win a decision in a good, entertaining fight.
Lil-lightsout
Marquez will give Rocky a good pounding from the outside all night long. Rocky's gonna have to try and stay on the inside as much as possible to make it more of a brawl if he is to have any chance at all. Marquez by wide unanimous decision or maybe a late TKO win.
Imperius3
Marquez by wide UD.

Unless Marquez gets caught (wouldn't bet on it) or hurts himself in the ring (very unlikely as well) I can't see how Juarez can win this.
BrutalBodyShots
I think Juarez lacks a really big heart. To me he seems like one of those fighters that once he gets behind in a fight or finds a fight just not going his way he doesn't possess what it takes to adjust and overcome the adversity. That's what I saw in the Barrera fights anyway, particularly the rematch. I think Marquez by mid fight will have beaten Juarez mentally and that Rocky will fall into the roll of going through the motions (and finishing the fight) but not stepping it up and really trying to win.

I don't know maybe it isn't heart... maybe Juarez isn't versatile enough in his game to adjust and adapt in a fight which just makes it come across that way.

Southeastpaw
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 3 2007, 02:58 AM) [snapback]363250[/snapback]
I think Juarez lacks a really big heart. To me he seems like one of those fighters that once he gets behind in a fight or finds a fight just not going his way he doesn't possess what it takes to adjust and overcome the adversity. That's what I saw in the Barrera fights anyway, particularly the rematch. I think Marquez by mid fight will have beaten Juarez mentally and that Rocky will fall into the roll of going through the motions (and finishing the fight) but not stepping it up and really trying to win.

I don't know maybe it isn't heart... maybe Juarez isn't versatile enough in his game to adjust and adapt in a fight which just makes it come across that way.

Spot on with the prediction. Great explanation. I would put money down on this exact scenario. Like I said earlier, I would not be surprised if Rocky gets stopped, but he is pretty durable in the chin dept. Juarez just doesn't have that instinct. If he was more of an aggressive fighter, he would most likely be a champion. He has the skills and power, but not the hunger. With tis match-up, given Juarez's physical attributes and skill, he is going to have to fight an aggressive fight to stand a chance with Marquez. But he will not fight that fight and will lose a wide decision.

I think it is his heart, or rather his temperment. If he was a hungry fighter, he would do better.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 3 2007, 11:05 AM) [snapback]363292[/snapback]
Spot on with the prediction. Great explanation. I would put money down on this exact scenario. Like I said earlier, I would not be surprised if Rocky gets stopped, but he is pretty durable in the chin dept. Juarez just doesn't have that instinct. If he was more of an aggressive fighter, he would most likely be a champion. He has the skills and power, but not the hunger. With tis match-up, given Juarez's physical attributes and skill, he is going to have to fight an aggressive fight to stand a chance with Marquez. But he will not fight that fight and will lose a wide decision.

I think it is his heart, or rather his temperment. If he was a hungry fighter, he would do better.

Total agree. Marquez by an easy UD.

Jack
gods son
will this clash with the kessler-calzahgie fight?
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(gods son @ Nov 3 2007, 02:44 PM) [snapback]363306[/snapback]
will this clash with the kessler-calzahgie fight?

The main events should not, but my DVR is fool proof just in case.
NickBarker
I'm with you, Southeast. When Barrera came right at Juarez, the younger, fresher fighter with power was able to make it close. When Barrera boxed him, he taught him a lesson. Marquez is, at least, the equal of Barrera in that department and I don't see him being caught and knocked out by Rocky.

I think 117-111 Marquez
Jack 1000
Round by Round Thread is up!

All Comments should now be posted there. Enjoy the fight!

Jack

Administrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.