Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm new to the forum
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site. Look forward to being on here and talking some boxing!

Gary
Maxy
Welcome...and please tell me you ain't a Chris Bryd fan...
The CEO
Yes...welcome to our oasis.

and if you ARE a Byrd fan...would you agree that Byrd got many gift decisions, and that his career is over now?

laugh.gif
BigG
Welcome to the forum man....enjoy it
Warlord
laugh.gif Let's at least find out if "Byrd Man" is indeed a Byrd or not before we start breaking his balls, lol.
Byrd Man
1. Yes I'm a Chris Byrd fan.

2. He's received gift decisions, just like Oscar De La Hoya, Jermain Taylor, and many other current or former belt holders. Doesn't take away from what he's accomplished.

This is a man who while basically coming in as a Cruiserweight or a light Heavy, never ducked anyone, stepped in the ring with ANY and EVERYONE that would fight him, even went to Germany FOUR times (something many American fighters refuse to do) and has repeatedly stepped in with people outweighing him by up to 45 pounds.

The people who beat him, with the exception of Povetkin, far outweighed him to almost ridiculous proportions.

That being said, I'm not a delusional fan. The big knock on him is that his style wasn't exciting, it was all defensive and whatnot. But hey...the dude fought everyone, never ducked anyone and won a title, all by making damn near everyone look stupid and foolish trying to hit him.

He's getting older and his reflexes aren't NEARLY what they were, but he's said recently he plans on moving down to Cruiserweight. I think he shoulda been there several years ago, and if he still had his speed and reflexes, I doubt there's anyone on the Cruiser scene that could f*ck with him. And that's just being real.

The man is a positive role model for people to follow. You don't see him failing drug tests, starting faux fights at press conferences, or disrespecting his opponents like other "fan favorites"

Proud to be a Chris Byrd fan. I don't think his CAREER is over, although I think his career at HEAVYWEIGHT is and should be over. He said recently that he plans on fighting two or three times at Cruiser this coming year and retiring by his 38th Birthday. And I have a feeling he won't pull a Bernard Hopkins, who shamed his mother's memory for promising he'd retire by his 40th and then continued to fight after she died saying "oh she wouldn't mind"

Byrd Man
Also, is there anyone here that would really dispute that if this man had a big punch, then that coupled with his skills and athleticism would have been damn near unstoppable.

That's the only SERIOUS knock on him is that he didn't have knockout power. Hell, people ducked HIM most of the time.
MarzB
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Nov 2 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]363219[/snapback]
Also, is there anyone here that would really dispute that if this man had a big punch, then that coupled with his skills and athleticism would have been damn near unstoppable.

That's the only SERIOUS knock on him is that he didn't have knockout power. Hell, people ducked HIM most of the time.

Couple things, I like Chris Byrd too but this point you made here

The people who beat him, with the exception of Povetkin, far outweighed him to almost ridiculous proportions.

No excuses he lost and yet again my problem with him when he loses is save for the Ibeauchi (sp?) fight (where he was just mugged and murdered) he fights the wrong fight. I saw nothing in Poevtikin(sp?) that said he's a world beater that a byrd of 5 years ago couldn't have embarrassed. Weight aside Byrd was just outworked and it's rare that happens. He mentioned himself after the sixth round that his legs were gone which tells me he may indeed be done.

I don't think he should move to cruiserweight. If he's gonna do a farewell fight, may as well do it with James Toney at Joe Louis Arena or Cobo Hall in Detroit.

Yes, I like Chris Byrd also but he really let me down against that Poevtkin dude and I'm willing to say its time for a career.

Oh, otherwise,welcome to the board..
Byrd Man
QUOTE(MarzB @ Nov 2 2007, 08:19 PM) [snapback]363221[/snapback]
Couple things, I like Chris Byrd too but this point you made here

No excuses he lost and yet again my problem with him when he loses is save for the Ibeauchi (sp?) fight (where he was just mugged and murdered) he fights the wrong fight. I saw nothing in Poevtikin(sp?) that said he's a world beater that a byrd of 5 years ago couldn't have embarrassed. Weight aside Byrd was just outworked and it's rare that happens. He mentioned himself after the sixth round that his legs were gone which tells me he may indeed be done.

I don't think he should move to cruiserweight. If he's gonna do a farewell fight, may as well do it with James Toney at Joe Louis Arena or Cobo Hall in Detroit.

Yes, I like Chris Byrd also but he really let me down against that Poevtkin dude and I'm willing to say its time for a career.

Oh, otherwise,welcome to the board..

Not making excuses, just stating facts. Byrd routinely stepped in with much much bigger opponents, and in all but three of those fights, he won. He lost to Wlad twice, brutally both times, and not only was he outweighed by a lot, but as you said, he fought the wrong fight, and he even admits that.

The Povetkin thing, as I said, his reflexes aren't what they were, and he's getting older. If he was from five years ago, he would have probably danced rings around Povetkin.

I think he's earned the right to take a few fights at a lower level. Now if he goes out in his first fight at cruiserweight and gets blown out, that's something else entirely. And it may be time for him to hang it up right then, but he's lost four fights in his career. All but one to massively bigger competition, so....I wouldn't throw the towel in on him just yet.

And the reason I'm making the weight point, is that while yes, he did lose those fights fair and square, the point is that it's not like he was fighting guys his own size and abilities and lost decisively. He went in at extreme disadvantages and lost to guys who also kicked the shit out of other people too, with the exception of Povetkin.

So...as I said, I think he gets a few more fights to show what he's got and then if it's still gone or whatever than hang them up.
STANGMOZ
Hey there brother!
BrutalBodyShots
Welcome aboard Byrd Fan. Congratulations on posting with insight and not pure crap like that last few people that have joined these boards. While many may not feel the way you do about Byrd, at least you backed up your opinions with evidence. Keep up the good work and enjoy your stay.

kidbazooka1
Welcome aboard.
WolfishPromistah
Welcome, Byrd Man. Glad to have you on board. You almost made me wanna think of Chris Byrd like a p4p legend getting ready to step away, with your post about the pros and cons of his accomplishments at the highest weight. And as the smaller man, it is true -- Chris did fight any/every body, having to do it in more a "mayweather-opposed-to-hatton-way."
caneman
welcome to the boards bro drinks.gif
NickBarker
Welcome aboard, good sir.
The CEO
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 3 2007, 02:39 AM) [snapback]363244[/snapback]
Welcome aboard Byrd Fan. Congratulations on posting with insight and not pure crap like that last few people that have joined these boards. While many may not feel the way you do about Byrd, at least you backed up your opinions with evidence. Keep up the good work and enjoy your stay.

Yeah...he did alright.

So what do you think of Byrd's wife, Byrd Man? A lot of guys can't stand her...myself included.

thehype
Welcome to the boards bro.

Great points about Byrd. Not that you need it, but you got my seal of approval.

friends.gif

But let's get right to it and find out what side of the fence you really stand on....

Mayweather or Hatton?

dance.gif

laugh.gif

DEP Nihilist
Welcome to the board.
Fitz
Welcome.
xxxxxx
Welcome to the boards! I'm also a fan of Byrds.He's had a solid career and fought everyone of his era.(except Lewis)
Byrd Man
QUOTE(thehype @ Nov 3 2007, 12:19 PM) [snapback]363307[/snapback]
But let's get right to it and find out what side of the fence you really stand on....

Mayweather or Hatton?

dance.gif

laugh.gif

Well, first off to be honest, I despise Mayweather Jr. I don't like his arrogance which is on such an unparallelled level, he makes Kanye West look humble and shy by comparison. I don't like how he disrespects those who goes up against or potential opponents like Shane Mosely. I don't like how he talks all this shit about how he's gonna beat DLH's ass, and knock him out, and then he runs the whole time like a bitch.

The style he fights in, isn't what irritates me (as it's pretty similar if you think about it, to Byrd's) but it's his talking about how bad he's gonna punish someone and then be dances to a decision. If you are gonna talk that talk, you stand in there and fight. That might be a bad fighting game plan, but hey....you need to back up your trash talk.

I don't like how he ducks people and makes it like they're not worth his time. Cotto and Margarito come to mind. Now, chances are he demolishes Margarito but the point is he refused to fight him when everyone was practically begging for this fight.

Same with Mosely. Mosely Mayweather would be a good fight, but he starts in with this bullshit "I don't fight sparring partners" totally disrespecting a man who fought DLH a lot better than Mayweather did.

With Hatton, I kinda like dude. I'd love to see him go in and put it to Mayweather Jr. and drop him, but I don't know if that will happen. My heart says pick Hatton to punish him, but my head is saying Mayweather is gonna talk trash about putting some hurt on Hatton, and then when it's time to fight, he'll dance around, and probably get a decision (whether it's warranted or not).

So all that being said, I have a feeling Mayweather will win, but I despise him, and I hope he gets beaten badly. I think that Hatton CAN hurt him, it's just going to remain to be seen whether or not Mayweather puts himself in a position where he can get hurt. If he leaves himself open, I think Hatton can definitely tag him with one of those body shots and then hey'll know what Castillo felt.
Warlord
I think this fight really depends on which Hatton shows up. If we're going by past experience, Hatton's style doesn't really translate into immediate success at a higher weightclass. Add to that the fact that he likes to blow up in between fights, and I think you've got a recipe for disaster against a fighter with Floyd Gayweather's "hit and run, and then run some more" style.

If the Hatton who fought Kosta Tszyu shows up, we might have a real fight on our hands. A relentless, come forward mauler with ungodly stamina is exactly what it is gonna take to beat a fighter like Floyd Mayweather. The question now is, is Ricky Hatton still that kind of fighter? Can he put everything together one more time and make it work at a weightclass where he is clearly not the same fighter? We shall see.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Nov 3 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]363335[/snapback]
Well, first off to be honest, I despise Mayweather Jr. I don't like his arrogance which is on such an unparallelled level, he makes Kanye West look humble and shy by comparison. I don't like how he disrespects those who goes up against or potential opponents like Shane Mosely. I don't like how he talks all this shit about how he's gonna beat DLH's ass, and knock him out, and then he runs the whole time like a bitch.

The style he fights in, isn't what irritates me (as it's pretty similar if you think about it, to Byrd's) but it's his talking about how bad he's gonna punish someone and then be dances to a decision. If you are gonna talk that talk, you stand in there and fight. That might be a bad fighting game plan, but hey....you need to back up your trash talk.

I don't like how he ducks people and makes it like they're not worth his time. Cotto and Margarito come to mind. Now, chances are he demolishes Margarito but the point is he refused to fight him when everyone was practically begging for this fight.

Same with Mosely. Mosely Mayweather would be a good fight, but he starts in with this bullshit "I don't fight sparring partners" totally disrespecting a man who fought DLH a lot better than Mayweather did.

With Hatton, I kinda like dude. I'd love to see him go in and put it to Mayweather Jr. and drop him, but I don't know if that will happen. My heart says pick Hatton to punish him, but my head is saying Mayweather is gonna talk trash about putting some hurt on Hatton, and then when it's time to fight, he'll dance around, and probably get a decision (whether it's warranted or not).

So all that being said, I have a feeling Mayweather will win, but I despise him, and I hope he gets beaten badly. I think that Hatton CAN hurt him, it's just going to remain to be seen whether or not Mayweather puts himself in a position where he can get hurt. If he leaves himself open, I think Hatton can definitely tag him with one of those body shots and then hey'll know what Castillo felt.

Agree about Mayweather! LOL!

Welcome to our forums!

Jack

Administrator
MarzB

No, you need to win the fight. I dont' care how many of you Mayweather haters exist on this board, I'll keep telling you that most of your favorite fighters dont' have what Floyd possess and thats the ability to ADJUST. How often does it occur in sports in general a "passing team" for example will beat you with the run if they're a good all around team?? He has the ability to do that.

After all, he didn't dissect Judah like a surgeon. He didn't make Gatti look exactly like what he was (will I think Robinson and Dela did too) and thats an average fighter.

So lets see, because Carlos alien size head Baldomir wasn't knocked out cold and because he promised he punished Oscar Dela Hoya and he didn't. that causes dismay?? Wupdee. He doesn't have to back up any knockout talk, if that plan didn't work, then win the fight. He didn't run like a coward a'la oscar vs Trinidad did he??

Regarding all this, "respect", and "arrogance" crap. Show me a fighter that doesn't think high of themselves and I'll show you a pretty average guy. I didn't realize "personalities" were used to factor in the judgeent of a fighters a skills and contrary to whats said, this is often what people who actually would put Pacquiao at #1 in teh P4P rankings use as a determining factor (give me a break)..
Byrd Man
I never once disparaged his skills or boxing abilities. And sure, you fight to win.

However, if leading up to a fight you talk shit about how "I'm gonna destroy you. I'm gonna beat that ass" and all this other crap that he talked during the DLH buildup, and then you jump in the ring and run and dance all night instead of doing what you said, that's an issue.

You do that for ONE fight, and you can say "okay, he was trying to psyche dude out, he was just building up word of mouth for the fight and getting people to buy it" .

However, he does this a lot. He talks shit about what he's gonna do and how he's gonna knock someone out, and then he gets on his Dancing with the Stars gear and just hits and runs and runs, as that other person said.

I don't deny that he's a phenomenal boxer. However if you say you're gonna do something and then you don't do it, what does that make you?

And yeah, boxers have confidence and think highly of themselves. But there's also a thing called being respectful to those that came before you.

Lots of boxers have confidence and think highly of themselves, however not ALL boxers treat everyone with disrespect and throw out personal low blow shots and the such.

He's a child, plain and simple. Maybe that has to do with him never really having that childhood that he'd have liked (as was documented in the 24/7 thing on HBO), but the bottom line is he's a damn child and has a child-like atittude in dealing with people.

Perhaps it's all an act and he's really the most humble person in private life, but it doesn't matter. Because what we see and judge him on is his public persona and it's despicable.
BrutalBodyShots
I disagree Byrd Man. So what if Mayweather says he's going to knock people out. He's hyping the fight, selling tickets, making money. This is a business. Obviously it makes people tune in... you did, right? He's also probably motivating himself by talking a big game.

Lots if fighters talk going into fights and don't do what they say they will. It's almost an expectation these days and I don't think you can knock anyone for doing it.

Byrd Man
I don't know. It's just that he based that whole thing around disrespecting his opponent. "They're not worthy of me, I'm gonna destroy him, he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as me" and that whole thing, and then he doesn't even ....

I dunno....

As I said, I give the man credit for his skills and abiliities. But as a person, he's severely lacking.
The CEO
Floyd talks outrageous shit to anger and control his opponents mentally. It's war in there...and that's one of the oldest, most effective tricks in the book.

They don't know what to expect....he told Gatti he was gonna punish him, and he did. He said the same thing about DLH and straight outboxed him.

He said he's gonna make an example out of Hatton, and he will...

All boxers know shit is gonna be talked. That's Boxing.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 4 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]363695[/snapback]
Floyd talks outrageous shit to anger and control his opponents mentally. It's war in there...and that's one of the oldest, most effective tricks in the book.

They don't know what to expect....he told Gatti he was gonna punish him, and he did. He said the same thing about DLH and straight outboxed him.

He said he's gonna make an example out of Hatton, and he will...

All boxers know shit is gonna be talked. That's Boxing.

But the problem is,

Despite Floyd's masterful boxing abilities, he's not a good trash talker. You look historically at Ali who talked shit about guys but did it with humor and poetic wit in addition to backing it up in the ring. Floyd doesn't know how to do that. It's all punk. There's no class, there's no professionalism. The only boxer whom I think is lower than Floyd on the personality scale is Zab Judah. Their reputations as classless individuals overshadow their ring accomplishments and that's a shame, especially for Floyd. I mean he could go out there and do something to help underprivileged kids in poor neighborhoods, go to schools to inspire kids to do something positive in their lives. (I even remember Tyson doing something like that once. And no one has had more controversy outside the ring than Tyson.) What good has Floyd ever done outside the ring? Where would he have been that night if Delahoya wasn't in the other corner?

I'm not asking these boxers to have alter-boy outside the ring experiences. Shit, that's unrealistic. But what has Floyd done for boxing outside the ring other than be a loudmouth prick? If you're hyping a big fight, sure people talk smack. But like Byrdman said, Floyd does this every fight and for $50 PPV's we get W. 12, W.12, W.12, W.12. People like a little variety in who is supposed to be one of the pound for pound boxers in the world. If all a boxer is going to do is trash talk and get W.12, W 12, W.12, W.12 people get bored with that. To compensate, you have to do something outside the ring to promote a strong interest. (positives never hurt) or be exciting in the ring. Trash talk without substance or excitement to fall back on, gets old quickly.

Jack
BigG
Didn't Floyd talk to schools in Detroit?

Mayweather is just trying to sell tickets.
singletrack
Welcome!
The CEO
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Nov 5 2007, 12:26 AM) [snapback]363778[/snapback]
But the problem is,

Despite Floyd's masterful boxing abilities, he's not a good trash talker. You look historically at Ali who talked shit about guys but did it with humor and poetic wit in addition to backing it up in the ring. Floyd doesn't know how to do that. It's all punk. There's no class, there's no professionalism. The only boxer whom I think is lower than Floyd on the personality scale is Zab Judah. Their reputations as classless individuals overshadow their ring accomplishments and that's a shame, especially for Floyd. I mean he could go out there and do something to help underprivileged kids in poor neighborhoods, go to schools to inspire kids to do something positive in their lives. (I even remember Tyson doing something like that once. And no one has had more controversy outside the ring than Tyson.) What good has Floyd ever done outside the ring? Where would he have been that night if Delahoya wasn't in the other corner?

I'm not asking these boxers to have alter-boy outside the ring experiences. Shit, that's unrealistic. But what has Floyd done for boxing outside the ring other than be a loudmouth prick? If you're hyping a big fight, sure people talk smack. But like Byrdman said, Floyd does this every fight and for $50 PPV's we get W. 12, W.12, W.12, W.12. People like a little variety in who is supposed to be one of the pound for pound boxers in the world. If all a boxer is going to do is trash talk and get W.12, W 12, W.12, W.12 people get bored with that. To compensate, you have to do something outside the ring to promote a strong interest. (positives never hurt) or be exciting in the ring. Trash talk without substance or excitement to fall back on, gets old quickly.

Jack

I hear ya, Jack...and I believe he did something for some school when he was on DWTS...but I really don't care about all that though...when it comes to boxers, I personally care about what they do between the ropes come fight time...

and if my memory serves me correctly...he kept saying he was gonna punish Gatti...and he did. Floyd is throwing constant change ups before the bout....they don't know what to expect...he said he was gonna beat DLH down, but then straight outboxed him...most of us knew he wasn't gonna go toe to toe...that would have been stupid on his part.

Now he's saying he's gonna make an example of Hatton...and I'm 90% certain that he will...

His styles and results are very strong in MY book.
Snoop
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Nov 4 2007, 08:01 PM) [snapback]363656[/snapback]
I don't know. It's just that he based that whole thing around disrespecting his opponent. "They're not worthy of me, I'm gonna destroy him, he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as me" and that whole thing, and then he doesn't even ....

I dunno....

As I said, I give the man credit for his skills and abiliities. But as a person, he's severely lacking.

But doesn't this make you tune into all his fights for the chance to see him get KTFO? I agree with Brutal. It's a business and this is what he's selling.

BTW, welcome. Seems like you're going to be a good poster.
Byrd Man
the only fight I've ever watched of his is the DLH fight. I won't be buying the Hatton fight, although I'll be pulling for Hatton to drop his arrogant ass.
Southeastpaw
Jack, you said that Floyd is not a good trash-talker. I disagree. he might not be as charismatic as an Ali, but his trashtalking gets the work done. He gets under his opponents skin. He did with DLH and he already has with Hatton too.
Southeastpaw
In fact, he's done that job so well that he has gotten under the skin of most of the posters here. LOL! Everyone gets all emotional and wants to see him get KTFO, and that's exactly what he makes his opponents want to do to him.
Nobudius
There was nothing really funny or charismatic about what Ali said about Frazier.
thehype
Personally, I don't really care what the guy says as it's usually the same thing over and over again...I just focus on his performance in the ring.

While I have to admit, I prefer my fighters to come forward and press the action, I can't really take anything away from Mayweather as everyone who's tried to beat him have failed. The manner in which he broke down Judah with the body shots and then started tagging him upstairs was masterful.

As far as how the fights turn out, I tend to lay the blame more on the guys who are fighting him. It was extremely disappointing to see that Oscar De La Hoya, who was the much bigger man in that fight, couldn't mount any type of better attack on Mayweather. Extremely disappointing. I would have preferred for Oscar to go balls to the wall (no pun intended given the recent photo scandal) and just pounce on Floyd and rough him up. Unfortunately, he never came close.

That being said, I don't think Hatton has any shot whatsoever. I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see it happening. Hatton's "pressure" isn't very effective simply because he doesn't do any work on the inside. He's become content with jabbing his way in and then holding and that's not how you're going to beat Mayweather. If someone is going to beat him, they're going to have to force him into exchanges where he has to let his hands go...they're going to have to force him to make a mistake much like Chop-chop did (although that was more Mayweather's fault since the fight was on the heals of Tarver's KO of Jones and Mayweather was trying to make a statement by pressing the action, looking for a knockout himself). If someone is going to beat him, they're going to have to get grimey with him and be willing to do whatever it takes to land as much leather as possible. I just don't see that in Hatton...especially the Hatton of late. Maybe the Hatton that fought Kostya Tsyzu...MAYBE...but I haven't seen that guy since he came over to the States (maybe because the refs aren't letting him get away with some of the things he's accustomed to getting away with).

Nah, I think Hatton, at least the Hatton who fought Collazo, Urango and even Castillo, is going to be "easy work" for Floyd. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Mayweather stop him....with his own body shot.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Nov 5 2007, 02:36 PM) [snapback]363833[/snapback]
the only fight I've ever watched of his is the DLH fight. I won't be buying the Hatton fight, although I'll be pulling for Hatton to drop his arrogant ass.

The only Mayweather fight you've ever seen is him against DLH? Wow. The hate you have for him is pretty impressive having only seen the guy once. Really though, you should get yourself over to youtube or something and watch some Mayweather fights. As a boxing fan you should have seen more than 1 fight of the best P4P fighter in the sport today. Just my opinion.

Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Nobudius @ Nov 5 2007, 05:35 PM) [snapback]363858[/snapback]
There was nothing really funny or charismatic about what Ali said about Frazier.

I agree 100%.
stateofthegame
Welcome aboard.

Oh and it is a good thing that Floyd dances better in the ring than on the stupid show because these big fights would have never taken place.
buford54
Welcome Byrd Man,
I pretty much agree w/ your assesment of both Byrd and Mayweather.
Mayweather just does what he does to sell tickets, though, it's our own fault if we let it anger us (which I do...so that's my fault).
The fact his, he's pretty much a car commercial. He promises you a brand new Mustang for 0% financing and $99 per month...and once you get to the dealership and are all excited about the new car you're about to get, all he can offer you with your credit score is a 1999 Ford Escort at 25% financing for $250 per month.
If you are a boxing fan and have read the "fine print" (meaning, watched his previous fights), you will know that it's not worth it to go into the dealership in the first place...but a lot of suckers do anyway, believing that this time, he'll actually follow through.

But he won't. He wont' stop Hatton, he won't make an exciting fight, and he'll win a boring points decision which will elicit the boo's of 10,000 angry Englishmen.

That said, I'm pulling for Hatton with everything I've got, because I can't stand car salesmen.

ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(buford54 @ Nov 6 2007, 03:29 PM) [snapback]363940[/snapback]
Welcome Byrd Man,
I pretty much agree w/ your assesment of both Byrd and Mayweather.
Mayweather just does what he does to sell tickets, though, it's our own fault if we let it anger us (which I do...so that's my fault).
The fact his, he's pretty much a car commercial. He promises you a brand new Mustang for 0% financing and $99 per month...and once you get to the dealership and are all excited about the new car you're about to get, all he can offer you with your credit score is a 1999 Ford Escort at 25% financing for $250 per month.
If you are a boxing fan and have read the "fine print" (meaning, watched his previous fights), you will know that it's not worth it to go into the dealership in the first place...but a lot of suckers do anyway, believing that this time, he'll actually follow through.

But he won't. He wont' stop Hatton, he won't make an exciting fight, and he'll win a boring points decision which will elicit the boo's of 10,000 angry Englishmen.

That said, I'm pulling for Hatton with everything I've got, because I can't stand car salesmen.

laugh.gif So so true.

Everytime he fights, I'm like....'This time he's gonna be unbeleiveably great. He'll be agressive, smart, quick, blah, blah'....then he dances around and doesn't live up to his hype.
Byrd Man
yeah I got suckered with the DLH fight because I'd never seen Mayweather fight, but had heard about how great he was and all. I give him all the credit in the world on his skills and athleticism but just don't like his attitude.

And I got no problem if he wants to dance around and win a decision like that, but don't go into the pre-fights and talk about how you gonna "bust his ass" and how you're gonna beat him stupid or something, and then run like a bitch, you know?

*shrugs*

Warlord
Mayweather is nothing more than an insecure little pussy of a boy trying to pretend as if he's a thug in some vain, banal attempt at gaining some sort of acceptance from someone, somwhere, because of some unresolved daddy issues frequently affecting retard dipshits like himself.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Nov 16 2007, 01:06 AM) [snapback]365386[/snapback]
yeah I got suckered with the DLH fight because I'd never seen Mayweather fight, but had heard about how great he was and all. I give him all the credit in the world on his skills and athleticism but just don't like his attitude.

And I got no problem if he wants to dance around and win a decision like that, but don't go into the pre-fights and talk about how you gonna "bust his ass" and how you're gonna beat him stupid or something, and then run like a bitch, you know?

*shrugs*

Wow! The DLH fight is the only fight of Floyd's that you have seen? I actually thought that was a very good performance by Floyd. But you should check out some other fights of his before you critisize him. I mean, I can definitely see why people don't like him personally. But his skill is undeniable. If he was to stay @ 135 or 140, where he should be, he would be much more entertaining. But he is so littlr compared to these guys @ 147 and 154. Not to mention his hand problems. So if you put his aggrivating personallity aside, he is quite amazing.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 16 2007, 02:35 PM) [snapback]365489[/snapback]
Wow! The DLH fight is the only fight of Floyd's that you have seen? I actually thought that was a very good performance by Floyd. But you should check out some other fights of his before you critisize him. I mean, I can definitely see why people don't like him personally. But his skill is undeniable. If he was to stay @ 135 or 140, where he should be, he would be much more entertaining. But he is so littlr compared to these guys @ 147 and 154. Not to mention his hand problems. So if you put his aggrivating personallity aside, he is quite amazing.

[Bird Man Call] Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr [Bird Man Call]
Byrd Man
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Nov 16 2007, 12:03 PM) [snapback]365492[/snapback]
[Bird Man Call] Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr [Bird Man Call]

And I HATE Dipset! lol

And btw: to the dude above you, I never denied his abilities, his skill or athleticism. My disdain for him lies entirely in his personality and his arrogant nature.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Nov 2 2007, 06:24 PM) [snapback]363194[/snapback]
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site. Look forward to being on here and talking some boxing!

Gary

Welcome.

Have fun and excuse those on this forum [you know who you are] that don't know a damn thing about boxing... black eye.gif cool.gif
Snoop
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Nov 16 2007, 08:52 PM) [snapback]365502[/snapback]
And I HATE Dipset! lol

I don't think that was Dipset. I think that was Cash Money and the Hot Boyz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.