Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez vs. Juarez: Round by Round/Post Fight Discussion
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
This thread is for round by round and postfight reactions to the WBC Jr. Lightweight Championship between Marquez-Juarez. The Start Time is 9 PM CST on Showtime. Spoilers may be included below if you plan to watch later.

Jack

Administrator
thehype
PREFIGHT
Wow! A pretty empty house tonight. Perhaps they should have held the fight overseas. The challenger, Rocky Juarez, enters first. A stoic look on his face...hard to tell if that's his game face or if he's just nervous. The champion, Juan Manuel Marquez, enters next. He looks calm, cool and collected...ready for business as usual.
thehype
ROUND 1
Juarex comes out firing the jab. Hard left hook to the body lands for Marquez. Marquez lands a jab. Now Juarez lands his. Juarez pressing forward. Marquez lands a jab and a right hook. Right hand over the top lands for Juarez. Marquez lands a jab to the body. They trade jabs. Juarez lands a jab and backs Marquez up. Blood already flowing from the eye of Juarez. Right hand lands for Marquez. Jab and a right hand lands for Marquez. Round to Marquez.

Marquez 10 Juarez 9
thehype
ROUND 2
Not that the ref says the cut came from a clash of heads. Marquez fires his jab. Juarez lands a nice left hook. Marquez lands a righ. Juarez lands another left hook. Marquez ladns another right. Three jabs land for Marquez. HARD left to the body lands for Marquez. Stiff jab lands for Marquez. Now Juarez lands one of his own. They trade jabs. Juarez lands a jab. Marquez triples up on his jab. The blood continues to flow from the cut of Juarez. Another hard left hook to the body lands for Marquez. Jab landing at will for Marquez. Right hand lands for Marquez to end the round. Round to Marquez.

Marquez 20 Juarez 18
thehype
ROUND 3
Stiff jab lands for Marquez. Uppercut from Marquez just grazes Juarez. Hard left hook to the body lands for Marquez. Not much action from Juarez. Rigt to the body lands for Marquez. Juarez lands a right over the top. They rade jabs. Marquez lands another stiff jab. Left hook lands for Marquez. Another great left hook to the body lands for Marquez. Right hand from Marquez backs Juarez up. Marquez walking Juarez down now. 1-2 lands for Marquez. Juarez in survival mode already. Round to Marquez.

Marquez 30 Juarez 27
thehype
ROUND 4
Note that they showed Oscar De La Hoya in attendance and the crowd actually booed. Juarez lands a jab to start the round. They trade jabs. Marquez lands a left hook. Juarez lands a right down the middle. Juarez lands another right up top. Marquez lands a left hook. Crushing right hand to the body lands for Marquez. Juarez lands a right down the middle again, but eats a left in return. And the round ends a full minute early. Round to Marquez.

Marquez 40 Juarez 36
treyes7123
Y did it end a minute early?
thehype
ROUND 5
Big uppercut to start the round for Marquez. Right hand lands for Marquez. Left hook to the body lands for Marquez. Not much coming from Juarez. Jab lands for Marquez. Jumping left hook from Juarez is blocked. The blood continues to flow from the cut over Rocky's eye. Nice two-punch combo lands for Juarez. Left hook lands for Juarez. Uppercut on the inside lands for Marquez. Jab from Marquez pushes Juarez back. Right hand lands for Marquez. Juarez lands a left to the body. Nice left hook to the body lands for Marquez. Better round for Juarez, but not enough to win it. Round to Marquez.

Marquez 50 Juarez 45
treyes7123
thehype
ROUND 6
Ronnie Shields already telling Juarez that he needs to knock out Marquez. They trade jabs to start the round. Quick left hand lands for Marquez upstairs. Right hand upstairs lands for Marquez now. Another great body shot lands for Marquez. Nice left hook, uppercut, right hand combo lands for Marquez. Juarez lands a left hook. Marquez lands a jab. Another left hook lands for Juarez. Marquez lands a left hook. Juarez lands a right to the body and a left hook upstairs. Juarez lands a right to the body himself followed by a nice combo upstairs. Crushing right hand to the body lands for Marquez. 1-2 upstairs lands for Marquez. Left uppercut lands for Marquez. Everything landing for Marquez as he paints Juarez's face with his own blood. Round to Marquez.

Marquez 60 Juarez 54
thehype
QUOTE(treyes7123 @ Nov 3 2007, 11:08 PM) [snapback]363440[/snapback]

Because they made a mistake and rang the bell early.

ROUND 7
Left hook lands for Marquez. Juarez tries to work Marquez on the inside. 1-2 lands for Marquez. HARD left hook upstairs lands for Marquez. Another left hand lands for Marquez. A fan in the crowd can be heard yelling, "YOU SUCK ROCKY!" Hard hookercut lands for Marquez. Double left hook lands for Juarez. Marquez lands a jab. Uppercut lands for Marquez. Juarez lands a right over the top. 1-2 lands for Marquez upstairs. Striaght right lands for Marquez. Right to the body lands for Marquez to end the round. Round to Marquez.

Marquez 70 Juarez 63
thehype
ROUND 8
Marquez tripling up on the jab. Another debilitating left hook to the body lands for Marquez. Juarez lands a left hook upstairs. They trade jabs. Marquez lands a left hook that backs Juarez up. Right hand down the middle lands for Juarez. Marquez lands a right to the body. WOOOOOOO...GREAT uppercut from Marquez snaps the head back of Juarez. Jab lands for Marquez. Juarez lands a right down the middle. Marquez lands a right and Juarez answers with a elft hook. Marquez lands a left hook to the body and Juarez charges forward to press the action right as the bell rings to end the round. Round to Marquez, but Juarez could make it interesting if he just throws caution to the wind and presses for a slugfest.

Marquez 80 Juarez 72
BigG
BTW Hype your doing a great job as usual with RBR's....thumbsup_anim.gif
thehype
ROUND 9
Juarez lands a left down the middle as he presses forward. Marquez retreats behind the jab. Double left hook lands for Juarez. Left hook to the body lands for Juarez. Marquez lands a right to the body. Left hook upstairs lands for Marquez. They trade jabs. Uppercut lands for Marquez. Juarez lands a right. HARD right hand from Marquez stops Juarez in his tracks. Juarez lands a nice left hook upstairs, but Marquez seems unfazed. Right hand lands for Marquez. A better round from Juarez, but still not enough to win it.

Marquez 90 Juarez 81
thehype
ROUND 10
Right hand over the top lands for Marquez. Juarez lands a jab. HARD left hook lands for Marquez followed by two jabs. Juarez lands a right down the middle. Marquez lands an uppercut. Marquez shoeshines him on the inside. Good defense from Marquez as he makes Juarez miss over the top. Another CRUSHING left hook to the body lands for Marquez. Juarez works Marquez on the inside. They trade jabs. 1-2 lands for Marquez upstairs. Left hook from Marquez backs Juarez up. Nice three-punch combo lands for Marquez. Left hook to the body lands for Marquez. Round to Marquez.

Marquez 100 Juarez 90
thehype
ROUND 11
"You gotta go for the knockout," Ronnie Shields constantly stated to Juarez in the corner. Juarez bulls forward to start the round. They trade. Marquez lands a 1-2 upstairs. Juarez lands a left hook. Marquez lans another 1-2. Stiff jab lands for Marquez. Right hand over the top lands for Marquez. They trade jabs. Hard right to the body lands for Marquez. Juarez lands a left hook. Left to the body lands for Marquez. 1-2 lands for Juarez. Now a 1-2 lands for Marquez. They trade jabs. Hard right hand an uppercut lands for Marquez. BIG right hand lands for Marquez to end the round. Round to Marquez. They should probably just stop this fight and save Juarez from more punishment.

Marquez 110 Juarez 99
thehype
ROUND 12
Marquez continues to fire the jab and work the body. Two stiff jabs land for Marquez. Left hook to the body lands for Juarez. Right hand lands for Marquez. Uppercut lands for Marquez. Juarez lands an uppercut. Marquez lands two uppercuts. They trade jabs. Juarez lands a 1-2. Left hook to the body lands for Marquez. 1-2 lands for Marquez who flurries at the end of the round. Round to Marquez. Easy work...like a sparring session.

Marquez 120 Juarez 108
thehype
Official judges scorecards:

Robin Dolpierre 118-110
Burt clements 117-111
Chris Wilson 120-108

The winner by unanimous decision...AND STILL WBC SUPER FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD....JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ

POSTFIGHT
Juarez says that he knows the headbutt was accidental, but it did effect him during the fight. Juarez says he'd like to fight him again as the cut had a lot to do with the outcome of the fight. Marquez says, "I want Manny Pacquiao!" He repeated that about three or four times. Oscar De La Hoya says that Marquez-Pacquiao is the next logical fight. "If he wants to be called the world champion at 130 pounds, he has to go through Marquez," stated De La Hoya. Jim Gray tried to press De La Hoya about his future plans. "My last fight, it felt like a sparring session," he stated referring to his fight with Mayweather as he guaranteed that he'd fight again and would make his decision regarding who some time in the first quarter of 2008. In other words, De La Hoya is going to wait to see the outcome of Cotto-Mosley and Mayweather-Hatton to decide his own next move. To De La Hoya's credit, he quickly turned the discussion back to Marquez as he again stated that the next big fight should be the rematch with Pacquiao.
Southeastpaw
Fight went as expected with the exception of a 2 minute 4th round. JJM is P4P #3 fighter in the world. He is a complete fighter.
gods son
marquez vs manny NEXT!!!!!!

damn oscar is one fine specimen!!
Southeastpaw
Juarez was much more aggressive tonight than I thought he would be actually. He still waited too long too much though.

Bring on Marquez/Pac II. I got Juan in a rematch. Either division Pac ends up at (130 or 135) he's got a Juan that is going to put it on him.
Jack 1000
A had it a bit closer, but only 2 rounds for Juarez I think. This was basically a systematic beatdown. Juarez is finished as a fighter. He just dosn't have it in him. Like I said, even when he was "good," he wasn't that great.

Jack
kidbazooka1
I agree I actualy give Juarez credit for being more active then usual but Marquez was just too much for him tonight.

Marquez/Pac must be made no other fight matters at 130lb.
dbdbdb
Even though this fights outcome could be seen after the third round, it remained competitive. And I give juarez much props for that, he didn't and wouldn't conceed.

Marquez was just too accurate & too strong for him. This is a tough break for juarez, because he is a very good fighter and will give anyone in that division issues. I like the adjustment in tactics, i.e. hitting the ground running. I believe the slow starts have caused him several fights in the past and he's coming to realize that.

But, I don't agree that juarez is anywhere near the end, he can get that championship. He just has to plot a path through softer opponents while he ups his game. Only after that, will be in a better position to challenge the elite.

And last night he fought one of the elite. ........... Bring on Marquez vs Pacman!!!!!
BrutalBodyShots
Does this fight change anyones outlook on a potential Pacquiao-Marquez II fight? I know a lot of people were on the fence with picking a winner if that fight happens. I've always said that Marquez would win the rematch, be a 4 days or 4 years after the original. I still have to see Marquez/Juarez which is scheduled to record on my DVR in 2 days I think. Does anyone see Pacquiao-Marquez II panning out any differently after watching this fight?

kidbazooka1
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 4 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]363611[/snapback]
Does this fight change anyones outlook on a potential Pacquiao-Marquez II fight? I know a lot of people were on the fence with picking a winner if that fight happens. I've always said that Marquez would win the rematch, be a 4 days or 4 years after the original. I still have to see Marquez/Juarez which is scheduled to record on my DVR in 2 days I think. Does anyone see Pacquiao-Marquez II panning out any differently after watching this fight?

I think the fight is still a toss up Marquez is standing and trading more with his opponents if he does that with Manny it could mean big trouble but if he fights the way he did the 1st time he'll beat Pac.
torvix2000
Marquez hasn't changed. He will be studied more by team Pacquiao. In the rematch, he won't be able to do some of the things that he did in their first fight.

I'm, ironically, picking Pacquiao via close UD against Marquez who "can't be beat" via a UD.

The way I see it, Marquez will implement Barrera's game plan but with a stronger offense which will put him also under heavy fire which MAB avoided. Well actually, it was MAB who borrowed from Marquez's game plan but with less offense.

And Brutal, Pacquiao has always been one with a weak chin. He was hurt by a jab from Nedal Hussein, knocked down and hurt by Yeshmangbetov (who is this guy?), and was really hurt by Larios. He starts training hard and on time and his punch resistance soars. He can take vicious flush upper cuts from Marquez and Morales the likes which have felled some opponents before. It is possible that he didn't train "really that hard" against Barrera. Remember, he walked out of camp and went home and that Freddie had to follow him. And he needed some time to shed some pounds off before the weigh in.

I'm seeing this fight as like rounds 7-12 of their first fight. But this time, Pac will be able to slip some punches in between Marquez's combinations. Pacquiao can now leave a hard right hook while backing up and he no longer panics while backing up.
BigG
Manny Pacquiao feels that he’s ready to take on Juan Manuel Marquez and that he can easily beat the reigning World Boxing Council super-featherweight champion from Mexico.

“I can take him easily,” said the Filipino superstar who watched yesterday’s title fight between Marquez and American challenger Rocky Juarez (Related story right column)

Pacquiao watched the fight, held in Tucson, Arizona, in the comforts of his Gen. Santos City mansion, but he had to be taken to the hospital afterwards because of a terrible cough.

Marquez scored a lopsided decision over Juarez in the first defense of the 130 lb title he snatched from Marco Antonio Barrera last March. He was impressive in the eyes of the judges.

Not Pacquiao’s.

“Not impressive. He was slow and had no real power,” Pacquiao told Ronnie Nathanielsz of Viva Sports in a phone interview that was cut short by the boxer’s continuous coughing.

Pacquiao, 28, noted that Marquez simply couldn’t “take out” the smaller Juarez despite connecting with solid right hands and a few flurries in the closing rounds.

Golden Boy, which shares the promotional rights over Pacquiao with Top Rank, has even set a date, March 15, for the big rematch which should be held in Las Vegas.

“Marquez-Pacquiao is the logical fight. It is the fight that has to be made,” Golden Boy big boss Oscar dela Hoya was quoted as saying yesterday.

There’s unfinished business between the two fighters who figured in a controversial draw in 2004 in Las Vegas.

A report that came out in The Arizona Republic said Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer talked to Top Rank president Bob Arum about the date for the rematch.

Jose Sulaiman, president of the WBC, is also pushing for a Pacquiao-Marquez rematch, even saying that the Filipino cannot be considered “the best” until he beats the Mexican champ.

But nothing is certain as Pacquiao is keeping all windows open, including one where moving to the lightweight class (135 lbs), and taking a shot at WBC titlist David Diaz is being considered."

David Diaz a possible option? Fuck THAT. A SHOT Morales beat his ass and was robbed on the cards. Let Casamayor whip his ass.

Marquez-Pacman MUST happen next.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Nov 4 2007, 05:59 PM) [snapback]363683[/snapback]
And Brutal, Pacquiao has always been one with a weak chin. He was hurt by a jab from Nedal Hussein, knocked down and hurt by Yeshmangbetov (who is this guy?), and was really hurt by Larios. He starts training hard and on time and his punch resistance soars. He can take vicious flush upper cuts from Marquez and Morales the likes which have felled some opponents before. It is possible that he didn't train "really that hard" against Barrera. Remember, he walked out of camp and went home and that Freddie had to follow him. And he needed some time to shed some pounds off before the weigh in.

Well we really can't speculate too much about which fights Pac has trained hard for and which he hasn't unless we have some sort of insider information. I thought that Marquez buzzed Pac a few times in their first meeting. Anyway I think Marquez is a sharper puncher and a stronger puncher at 130 than Barrera. I see Pacquiao getting hurt in the later rounds against Marquez, but obviously going all 12. I don't think Pac has the same luck early that he did against Marquez I and won't have the benefit of a 10-6 round. Just my take.

kidbazooka1
Without adoubt Marquez is the better fighter overall his defense is much better than Pac who is still a one dimensional fighter. If Marquez boxes and trades intelligently he will beat Manny by comfortable decision.
Southeastpaw
I thought and still think that Marquez could have beaten Pac from the end of the bell of their first meeting till present day. That first round screwed Marquez up. Pac just jumped on him. He will be prepared for that now. Marquez was also swallowing a good amount of blood throughout their first fight. Pac is on a high right now. I can't believe he is saying that he would easily beat him. I can't wait till he eats those words.

To be perfectly honest with you, I think that Juarez would be more successful against a fighter with the style of Pac's than he was with Marquez. Juarez does much better when a fighter comes to him. He fights very well inside. And I also think that we have not seen the end of Juarez. Even though Juarez lost very decisively the other night, he was competitive throughout, showed composure, and actually showed me something that I've been waiting so long to see.......some urgency. Juarez will still become a champion. Marquez just had the totally wrong style for Rocky.
Imperius3
Juarez made a fan out of me the other night. Yeah he was outclassed, but he kept coming and never quit.

I expect Marquez to decision Pacquiao convincingly if the bout happens.
BigG
Juarez is a good fighter...it's unfortunate that his big breaks came against 2 all time greats in Barrera and Marquez. He was competitive in both fights vs. barrera and was wiped out by Marquez.

He would've given Guerrero some serious issues had they fought.

Anyway, Pac-Marquez II MUST happen.

Fuck David Diaz. That guy is medicore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.