Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calzaghe vs hopkins
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
The Original MrFactor
What does everyone think of this matchup?

I think Cal wins because of activity. Hopkins gave away rounds against Taylor. Calzaghe is more accurate and more active than taylor. Hopkins would have a tough night getting off. On paper it has good fight potential, but Cal would be busy and would cement his legacy on this one...
PR316
Would love to see it. If Hopkins could pull that one off, then I must grudgingly say that we're looking at the best fighter of our era bare none.
BigG
Prime Hopkins by UD..

Todays Hopkins-Calzaghe could go either way because Hopkins is the smartest fighter in the world.
BigG
I agree wtih Fitz.

Hopkins used to a BEAST on the inside he could tear shit up...I'd definitely favor a prime BHOP. Taylor would NOT HAVE LASTED the distance against a young BHOP. But now Hopkins uses smarts and skills to oubox opponents and make a ugly fight. Who knows, he could do it against Calzaghe. I don't think Calzaghe has the power to hurt Hopkins but has the activity to win him rounds. But he could be another victim of Hopkin's roughousing, ugly smart tactics. You never know.

Hopkins is my idol but if I had to favor someone, I'd favor Calzaghe. But BHOP IS a better fighter then Kessler is, you have to admit that.

The person I think could give Calzgahe major fits besides hopkins is Chad Dawson IMHO.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 3 2007, 11:02 PM) [snapback]363433[/snapback]
I agree wtih Fitz.

Hopkins is my idol but if I had to favor someone, I'd favor Calzaghe. But BHOP IS a better fighter then Kessler is, you have to admit that.

Is he?? At this point in B-hop's career, i may be inclined to favor Kessler. Kessler can box. His trouble with Calzaghe was that Cal is so unorthodox. Hopkins is not that hard to figure out. Taylor is less accurate than Kessler. Kessler may be more patient and more adequette defensively than taylor. i'd pick Kess to beat Hops 8 rounds to 4.
BigG
Kessler walks people down with a good jab and a hard right but Hopkins is up there with Floyd in terms of counter-punching. Hopkins beats Kessler by UD.

And yes, he IS a better fighter then Kes is.

Calzaghe is a different story.
PR316
I think Kessler would have a good shot at beating Hopkins via decision by landing the harder and more devastating shots. Calzaghe vs Hopkins would be a case of Joe setting such a crazy pace that a 42 year old fighter really just wouldn't be able to keep up. Also Joe wouldn't be hurt by Hopkins' shots the way he was hurt with right uppercuts a couple of times by Kessler. Zags would definitely throw caution to the wind and that IMO would lead to a very unanimous decision for Calzaghe.
Akalabah
I think hopkins can push joe around the ring. Joe looks pretty tipsy and off balance. If hopkins can get him into a hit / hold contest like he did to winky....I think old BHOP could pull off an ugly decision. I don't think these guys would sell out Yankee Stadium, it will have to be back in wales to have another 50,000 plus.....
Method
Look, I am not gonna discount the activity rate of Joe Cal, or even Kessler to an extent...but I HAVE to say this...

...I don't know about you guys, but I saw a LOT of ROOKIE shit out there tonight. Clazaghe trying to smother/tie up Kessler in the early rounds but not knowing quite how to do it. Looked SO fucking ackward. Even moreso, Calzaghe winging punches like a fucking amateur in the early rounds...hell, throughout the fight. Also, howe both guys were sqaring up, and often times fighting off their back feet.

Hopkins is smarter than both these guys. Not only is Hopkins is smarter, but he uses every square inch of that ring -- better than Joe or anyone Joe has ever fought. Hopkins can maul, smother, feint, etc. etc. etc. BETTER than ANYONE Joe has ever fought. Plus, Hopkins is a snug as a bug in a rug against south paws. UNLIKE Kessler.

I really don't feel like getting into it any more than this right now because it's late on a Sat night.

All that said, I definitely gieve Joe a shot and think it will be a competitive fight. I think Hopkins is THEE man at taking away someone's gameplan, and I don't think Joe will be any different.

IMO, the BEST thing Hopkins can do is stipulate for 15 rounds. LOL. At 12 rounds, it's a pick em....although I would favor Hopkins b/c I think he is just a more skilled, technically sound/proficient boxer. I mean, come on....they're talking Joe Cal in top 1-2 P4P, and he's out there winging punches like a fucking amateur. NO WAY! P4P means more than wins. It's skills.. It's technique. its the motherfucking SWEET SCIENCE. Wins are a casualty of being PFP. Skills and technical superiority are mainline components.
BigG
I think if KEssler and Hopkins were to fight it would be HOPKINS landing the cleaner harder shots all day...lead rights. Hopkins is a master defensive fighter. Its very hard to hit him clean.
Warlord
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 3 2007, 10:15 PM) [snapback]363445[/snapback]
My top 3 is Mayweather, Manny and Hopkins.

I can see why people want to see Calazghe-Hopkins, but me as a Hopkins fan doesn't want to see it. I really don't think Hopkins would pull it out, I think Calazghe would decision him just on work rate alone, like Taylor got the decisions, and Taylor isn't even a big work horse, lol.

Agreed, and that's the same point I've made every single time this conversation comes up. If Calzaghe somehow were able to finally to get in a ring with Hopkins, I think he'd have an edge just off of work-rate alone. Now whether this fight ever happens is another matter entirely. Maybe Hopkins finally looked old enough against Wright that Joe is ready to make the fight happen. We'll see.

It's a toss up if it happens. Joe has an edge in my book because of work-rate, but you can never count out Hopkins's experience and ability to make fighters fight his style of fight.
PR316
I definitely agree with Hopkins having the better boxing technique and all around craft. But his overly defensive nature would cost him HUGE against a punching machine like Calzaghe, regardless of skill and talent.

To me, Jermain Taylor is not nearly the talent that Hopkins is, but he kept Hopkins on the defensive for the majority of the fight by simply coming forward and throwing shots. Really basic stuff with alot of gaps that Hopkins could have taken advantage of if he stepped on it but I think for doubt about his stamina, kept himself at bay. Taylor isn't exactly a workrate machine either and nor does he have what I consider tremendous punching power but he kept Hopkins cautious for the majority of the 24 rounds they fought. Joe would not let Hopkins get into a comfort zone.

Calzaghe would just be ALL OVER Hopkins from the beginning. And most of the punches wouldn't even land cleanly or effectively. But there would be so many shots from so many angles and at such a frenetic pace that I don't think Hopkins would be able to handle.

Calzaghe's jab would be a big problem for Hopkins I think. And the inside flurries that he throws to both the head and body would have Hopkins on his heels.

Tough stylistic match for Hopkins even though he would have his moments. I just don't know what kind of game plan he could concoct to neutralize Calzaghe who is just a different beast than Wright, Tarver, Trinidad, or Taylor.
Method
I think hopkins can push joe around the ring. Joe looks pretty tipsy and off balance. If hopkins can get him into a hit / hold contest like he did to winky....I think old BHOP could pull off an ugly decision.

Agreed. Add that on to my previous comments, because your statements echoed the thoughts that drove me to write what I did.
Method
Calzaghe would just be ALL OVER Hopkins from the beginning. And most of the punches wouldn't even land cleanly or effectively. But there would be so many shots from so many angles and at such a frenetic pace that I don't think Hopkins would be able to handle.

Calzaghe's jab would be a big problem for Hopkins I think. And the inside flurries that he throws to both the head and body would have Hopkins on his heels.

Tough stylistic match for Hopkins even though he would have his moments. I just don't know what kind of game plan he could concoct to neutralize Calzaghe who is just a different beast than Wright, Tarver, Trinidad, or Taylor.

Calzaghe wasn't even all over Kesler or too overbearing. IMO, they both looked like a couple of fucking amateurs, with Cal winging punches patheticallt and BOTH guys being all kinds of jittery and off balance.

ABSOLUTELY AGREED that Taylor ain;'t the workhorse that Cal is, but Cal is a southpaw, and Bernard eats em for breakfast. I dunno., Bernard has such a gift for taking every fighter's BEST attributes away from them, and, if Bernard was able to take Winky Wright's (another southpaw) high work rate (which is why everyone made Hopkins the underdog (what a joke) NIL, then I can see him nullifying Joe Calzaghe workrate.

I am not saying any of this is foregone, but it would not surprise me to see it at all.
PR316
If it wasn't for Hopkins year off I would have picked him easily to beat Winky. Hell even with the layoff he still did it. I don't think the fashion was the most convincing, but when you have that type of style clash, I don't think you can read too much into it. Fact is, a win over Winky is a win over Winky.

But I do think that with Joe being more comfortable at such a weight, and being a bigger and stronger fighter than Winky makes this more compelling. In truth, a PRIME B-Hop, the one that beat Tito IMO would definitely decision Calzaghe in a competitive but clear win for Hops. Right now, not so sure. But I would pay to see him try.

Hopkins vs Dawson or Calzaghe vs Dawson are also fights I would love to see if they could be possibly made.
The Original MrFactor
Cal winged those wide punches because he could. i think that they were for show. meth, you call them amateurish. i call them appealing to the judges. rounds that were close, he landed those "Loud" wide winnging shots. Would he do that against hopkins, probably not. i think he'd make Hops very uncomfortable by being 1st and being in his face all nite long. I hope the fight happens. Also let me echo another poster and say these 2 dont sell out Yankee stadium. is Hopkins kidding himself?? He's gonna have to go to Wales to face Cal. No way around it...
Lil-lightsout
If this fight was five years ago or so, Hopkins wins no doubt about it. Now, I would favor Joe because of his workrate and his defense. I can not see Hopkins being able to land near enough effective punches, where Joe would outwork Bernard all night long. Bernard was way too defensive against Taylor and did not throw near enough punches. I can not see Bernard being busy enough at this stage to keep up with Joe. Method, you mentioned Joe fighting like an amateur and doing rookie shit, but the dude is still undefeated and somehow manages to befuddle everyone he fights with his awkward style. Come to think of it, Hopkins did look pretty impressive against Tarver, and maybe if that Hopkins shows up he could cause some problems for Joe. Now i'm confused. I guess they need to make this fight now before Hops gets any older.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Nov 3 2007, 11:50 PM) [snapback]363474[/snapback]
If this fight was five years ago or so, Hopkins wins no doubt about it. Now, I would favor Joe because of his workrate and his defense. I can not see Hopkins being able to land near enough effective punches, where Joe would outwork Bernard all night long. Bernard was way too defensive against Taylor and did not throw near enough punches. I can not see Bernard being busy enough at this stage to keep up with Joe. Method, you mentioned Joe fighting like an amateur and doing rookie shit, but the dude is still undefeated and somehow manages to befuddle everyone he fights with his awkward style. Come to think of it, Hopkins did look pretty impressive against Tarver, and maybe if that Hopkins shows up he could cause some problems for Joe. Now i'm confused. I guess they need to make this fight now before Hops gets any older.

But... Cal aint Tarver... Cal is all over the place throwing punches from everywhere. tarver is more orthodox, 1-2, like Kessler. Cal doesnt hit hard and KO the elite's, but he will beat most that he faces.
BigG
On Jermain Taylor beating Hopkins, I don't think Taylor is great. But I think he just had the style and attributes needed to edge Hopkins (even though Hopkins beat him 7-5 in both fights in my view). He was a big, storng, very quick middleweight who made it an outside fight. And I guess his quick jab was a factor.

Calzaghe has good skills and throws ALOT of quick punches..but the guy is about as tall as Winky and maybe he'd find it hard to outbox Hopkins from the outside.
Imperius3
Hopkins' punch output has increased since moving up to Light Heavy.

Even with Calzaghe's workrate, a smart defensive wizard like Hopkins will be hard to hit. It's not out of the question that Hopkins can take Calzaghe out of his game. We don't really know how Calzaghe will perform at Light Heavy.

Calzaghe's defense is not perfect, and I can see Hopkins countering him over and over again.

Hopkins can win this if he lands enough hard authoritative punches throughout the fight. He will have to counter Joe silly.

I'm leaning towards Hopkins by decision right now. I will think more about this, but I doubt my stance will change.
BigG
But... Cal aint Tarver... Cal is all over the place throwing punches from everywhere. tarver is more orthodox, 1-2, like Kessler. Cal doesnt hit hard and KO the elite's, but he will beat most that he faces.

This is starting to sound like the whole Margrito/Williams thing.."too much for anyone around their weight because of how much punches they throw."

Well if Calzaghe does let his hands go in flurries, expect him to get countered in between against a guy like Bernard who is a MASTER at that.
JD
Hopkins is 42, and the technical part of his game will never slip...it is too entrenched, too solid.

But he is not as fast, not as active, and he just does not pull the trigger like he used to. In fairness, what do you expect though...the guy is well into his 40's. He is still hard to hit clean, but he just does not make you pay like he used to.

I think Calzaghe's activity in the ring, workrate, handspeed and movement is just a bad recipe for Hopkins at this point...my man is getting a little long in the tooth these days.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 3 2007, 11:55 PM) [snapback]363480[/snapback]
This is starting to sound like the whole Margrito/Williams thing.."too much for anyone around their weight because of how much punches they throw."

Well if Calzaghe does let his hands go in flurries, expect him to get countered in between against a guy like Bernard who is a MASTER at that.

The logic behind it is, that everyone agrees that Cal is better than taylor. I think taylor beat Hops on workrate. Cal is more accurate and dare i say, he throws more punches than Taylor. Taylor may have an edge in power. Cal would be LANDINING 10 -1 against Hopkins. Unlike Taylor, Cal will not fade in championship rounds. I'd expect a wide UD for Cal.
BigG
The question is, would Cal be able to get off against Hopkins.

Look at how many combinations Taylor threw against Winky and Pavlik but then he wasn't able to put together any combos and wasn't able to land a single dmagaing shot in 24 rounds vs. BHop. Taylor just had a slight speed advantage and a good enough jab to get him two "wins" vs. Hopkins.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 3 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]363482[/snapback]
Hopkins is 42, and the technical part of his game will never slip...it is too entrenched, too solid.

But he is not as fast, not as active, and he just does not pull the trigger like he used to. In fairness, what do you expect though...the guy is well into his 40's. He is still hard to hit clean, but he just does not make you pay like he used to.

I think Calzaghe's activity in the ring, workrate, handspeed and movement is just a bad recipe for Hopkins at this point...my man is getting a little long in the tooth these days.

Perfectly put, and I agree 100%!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 4 2007, 12:05 AM) [snapback]363486[/snapback]

Look at how many combinations Taylor threw against Winky and Pavlik but then he wasn't able to put together any combos and wasn't able to land a single dmagaing shot in 24 rounds vs. BHop. Taylor just had a slight speed advantage and a good enough jab to get him two "wins" vs. Hopkins.

If Taylor, did it, why wouldnt Cal?? If Cal throws 100 punches per round and lands 10, he walks away with a UD. The trouble with Hopkins is, he gets so focused on D, that he has no O. You cant give rounds to Cal because he doesnt go away late in a fight. i've seen too many fights where Hops give away rounds and comes on late. Part of it may be because he's waiting for a guy to get winded, part may be because it takes a few rounds to figure a guy out. I'd love to see the fight, but i dont think its as competitive as many on here think. Fitz said it all when he said that Hops is 42 years old...
Thegreatequalizer
give me a break. hopkins recent fights have barely been fights. he just moves around and looks to throw one shot at a time from angles. that works against tarver. it didn't work against taylor. and he barely beat a way out of his weight class wright. calzaghe mops him up. he's showing his age. maybe 5 years ago he would beat calzaghe. there's no way he beats him now.
Imperius3
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Nov 3 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]363485[/snapback]
Cal would be LANDINING 10 -1 against Hopkins.

Haha. No, I can't see that.

Taylor is not a great comparison here. Those fights were at Middleweight, and Hopkins should have been given the decision in both IMO.

At Light Heavy, Hopkins' workrate has increased. We don't know how Calzaghe will perform at Light Heavy. We know he doesn't hit hard at Super Middle, we can assume his power will decrease even more. Calzaghe's defense has holes, and Hopkins can counter.

BigG
Tarver was also supposed to do what Taylor did and Hopkins destroyed him.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Nov 4 2007, 12:36 AM) [snapback]363496[/snapback]
Haha. No, I can't see that.

Taylor is not a great comparison here. Those fights were at Middleweight, and Hopkins should have been given the decision in both IMO.

At Light Heavy, Hopkins' workrate has increased. We don't know how Calzaghe will perform at Light Heavy. We know he doesn't hit hard at Super Middle, we can assume his power will decrease even more. Calzaghe's defense has holes, and Hopkins can counter.

Tarver and Wright arent dont move and throw as much as Cal. They were stationary conventional Targets for the most part. Cal is unorthodox and always moving and throwing for 12 rounds. This will be a tougher fight for Hopkins than Jones was. Cal will really push Hopkins in ways that he doesnt like to be pushed.
BrutalBodyShots
You'd have to favor Calzaghe to decision Hopkins at this stage of the game. I can't remember the last guy Hopkins fought with a workrate even on the same radar as Calzaghe's. While it may not be effective aggressiveness all the time, judges will award close rounds to the guy throwing 100 punches a round and Hopkins would lose lots of close rounds to Joe. Very similar to Taylor. Like that fight you'd probably see Calzaghe hurt in the fight two or three times against Hopkins while Hopkins doesn't get hurt at all, just "outworked" so the general feeling at the end IMO would be a typical one that Hopkins is the better fighter but simply didn't get enough done to take the nod.

kidbazooka1
I was not as impressed with Joe as most here I think Hopkins schools him but I doubt the fight would happen.
Blayde
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 4 2007, 04:19 AM) [snapback]363450[/snapback]
I think if KEssler and Hopkins were to fight it would be HOPKINS landing the cleaner harder shots all day...lead rights. Hopkins is a master defensive fighter. Its very hard to hit him clean.

Im surprised how good everyone thinkgs Hopkins is. I cant agree with that.

In my eyes the difference in a Hopkins vs. Kessler fight would be speed, timing and precision in a counterpunching matchup and Kessler would win it. Even if Kessler decided to pressure Hopkins all night long, I think that could work for him. When Calzaghe avoids a punch, he takes one step back and immediately after that he comes forward again. Hopkins would just be slower in his defense. At first he would block Kesslers shots but then he would allow him to back him up. And after what Ive seen last night Im also sure Hopkins would have a VERY difficult time trying to hold Kessler. Calzaghe is also a master of that but he wasnt able to do it. Its just great ring generalship and movement from Kessler.
BigG
I think Kessler is a really really good fighter, but I just think Hopkins would beat him. Like I said, too crafty.
BrutalBodyShots
I don't see how Hopkins would have to hold Kessler much to beat him. He'd counter the guy all day and make him more gunshy than Calzaghe did in the middle rounds. If Kessler was hurt by a few Calzaghe body shots, I think Hopkins will really slow him down with body shots. Calzaghe landed his jab quite easily on Kessler, and I see Hopkins being able to land lead right lands (which carry a lot more pop than a Calzaghe jab) just as easy.

MarzB
I saw a alot in the Wright fight that tells me on one hand Hopkins should give it up while he's ahead. Namely, he was hit with shots he normally wouldn't have been hit with and he relied more on throwing Wink's timing off with clinching/holding than boxing. I will say I was impressed with his movement that fight which really surprised me at this stage of his career.

Calazaghe does do amateur things namely being EXTREMELY off balance after he throws his combinations that I could see Nard clarly exploiting even at this stage.

However, I do worry about the activity or lack there'of from Nard which is why I'll tip my hand to Joey.

Depending on the money, I honestly believe Hop's gonna take this fight and I'm 65-70% sure of it. Especially if the write up in the boxing websites tell about Cal's decided advantage of Hopkins..

To that, regarding what Joey does that isn't fundamentally sound. I'll chalk that up to just that being his style and he's comfortable in doing it and no one has yet exploited it yet..
Method

...and that's basically what I am wondering. I mean, EVERYBODY thought work rate was gonna earn Winky the W over Bernard, and Hopkins rendered him bullet-less. Same with Tarver.

I give Calzaghe the respect he deserves, but I won't concede him parity with Hopkins because I believe Bernard is the more complete fighter. Calzaghe's work rate may very well be too much for Bernard....but I'll have to see that to believe that.

Calzaghe has balance problems. Squares up to his opponent. Wings punches sometimes (saw a lot of it last night). Bernard will use every square inch of the ring. not just stand there flat footed...ala...Kessler. Keep his feet in good position against that south paw stance....likely stepping on Calzaghe (whereas the feet on top of each other was definitely bothering Kessler. I'd expect Bernard to come over the top of Calzaghe's jab every time....and...when Calzaghe comes winging that bullshit like he did in the 3-4 rounds vs. Kessler, expect the big jailhouse right down the pike. Need we mention the mauling, hip shots, etc? I just think it will be a whole other ballgame, and I can't ignore all these things just because Joe's workrate, especially when Bernard has proven over and over the ability to take your best assets away. As a caveat to that, like MarzB said, nobody's been able to exploit Calzaghe yet (I wish Charles Brewer would have finished him in the 7th rnd of his fight with Calzaghe when he had him on queer street so we wouldn't be having this discussion).

Finally, it's very hard for me to conclude anything about Bernard's slippage based on the Winky Wright fight. IMO, it was a great performance against Wright. When have you ever seen Winky Wright so beat up in the championship rounds of a fight while rendering so little offense? Never. Was it aesthetically pleasing to watch? No, not to the untrained eye. Chalk that off to the styles clash. Two tough styles to look good against. That said, Wright was top 3 P4P, and Hopkins beat him soundly on my card (which I had ~ 8-4, I believe).

Like I said, I like Joe. I have become a fan. I look forward to this fight.

Would LOVE it as a 15 rounder, but as a 12 rounder, I'd call it a pick'em, because Bernard takes a little bit to get going, and Joe seems to have the conditioning and chin to keep the foot on the gas for all 12.

I'd favor Bernard, but by no means do I think he can't be outworked by Joe. It's an intriguing match. I, for one, was pumped I got to see a Hopkins / Wright, and I would be happy to see Calzaghe / Hopkins. May the best man win, and I'd be here afterwards to give either man their props.
BrutalBodyShots
I'm not so sure 3 extra rounds would do much for Hopkins over Calzaghe... I mean Calzaghe seems tireless in the ring, not like Taylor or someone that would run out of gas and allow Hopkins to sweep the remainder of the fight.

If the fight goes the distance I think Calzaghe's activity level will win him a close fight (by winning close rounds) much the way Taylor "won" against Hopkins. However, Calzaghe's downfall in this fight could happen when Hopkins hurts him... and based on Calzaghe admitting that Kessler hurt him a few times and seeing Calzaghe get hurt in the past he is VERY open to punches from a precision puncher when he's hurt. Only problem is he hasn't been in there with an accurate puncher or guy with the killer instinct of Hopkins. I think Hopkins could rock Calzaghe with a nicely timed lead right hand and Calzaghe's natural instinct is to square up and start winging sloppy punches. During these moments in the fight Hopkins can do what he does best and land accurate shots - against a guy that's already slightly hurt that could be a very significant moment where Hopkins is able to drop or possibly even stop Calzaghe.

Method
I wouldn't be aurprised to see Calzaghe opened up by a clash of heads either.
Akalabah
Blayde...just responding to your p4p top 5. You have cal & kessler on there.....cal you can MAYBE put at 5, but even then its iffy. & kessler hasn't fought anyone except Joe...he doesn't deserve to be there yet. Same with Chad Dawson, I saw him fight in El Paso, TX two years ago, and he did not impress that night. He hasn't fought anyone either.
Col Reb
I like Calzaghe all day in this fight. His workrate is way too high for BHOP to handle, and he is skilled and experienced to handle any dirty tactics BHOP might throw at him. If BHOP opens as a favorite, I'd say Joe Cal is the bet of the year.
basicjab

Just take a look at Hopkin's last fight with Winky, he has slowed down considerably and not what he used to be. His fight with Winky was very very close. The guy is 42 years old, he is not superman, there are many guys who can outwork him now.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(basicjab @ Nov 4 2007, 04:03 PM) [snapback]363664[/snapback]
Just take a look at Hopkin's last fight with Winky, he has slowed down considerably and not what he used to be. His fight with Winky was very very close. The guy is 42 years old, he is not superman, there are many guys who can outwork him now.

What did you score Hopkins-Wright since you say it was "very very close?" Most had it 117-111 or 116-112 for Hopkins, and that's not close.

Nobudius
Knew sooner or later this topic would pop up. lol

Right now, I think X's slow starts would be his undoing....... however, I'm also curious on how JC handles X at this point, b/c old man river WILL get dirty.

And we also should keep in mind that JC has NEVER fought at 175.
basicjab
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 4 2007, 09:25 PM) [snapback]363667[/snapback]
What did you score Hopkins-Wright since you say it was "very very close?" Most had it 117-111 or 116-112 for Hopkins, and that's not close.

I pretty much had it even, or maybe a point for Hopkins.
basicjab
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 4 2007, 09:25 PM) [snapback]363667[/snapback]

BigG
Winky clearly loset.... 8-4 or 9-3.

I advice people to watch Calzaghe-Kessler and Hopkins-Tarver/Hopkins-Wright.

Does Calzaghe really beat Hopkins easily.

Just watch the fights and analyze.

I think this is a very even fight.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(basicjab @ Nov 4 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]363692[/snapback]

I think you're card is way off, as evidenced by the official judges and the members of this forum. Maybe you should rewatch the fight.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(basicjab @ Nov 4 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]363692[/snapback]

I think you're card is way off, as evidenced by the official judges and the members of this forum. You should rewatch the fight.
X3_Bazooka_X3
Either way if Hopkins takes this fight here I will give him mad props but he will not win, Last night Joe walked through every bomb that Kessler had while still throwing 1010 shots, IMO Hopkins is way to in active to beat a guy like that and I advise Hopkins to stay clear of this fight or he will be beat down so onesidedly that he will have no choice but to retire, I noticed how most of you referred to as a Prime Hopkins would do this or that, but honestly I doubt a prime hopkins would be able to beat Calzaghe, I think a prime hopkins would win a couple of rounds but would be out worked in the end.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.