Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eddie Chambers
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
Is this guy the "NEW," Chris Byrd. he fast, he solid defensively, buy couldnt dents a paper bag filled with piss with his punches. this guy is good enough to beat smaller heavies, but Wlad?? No way be beats Wlad. I'd definatly pick him over Ibragimov. He'd give Chagaev hell too. He wont be competitive with Wlad though. i'd expect him to be sleep inside of 4 rounds...
BrutalBodyShots
Just another minor blip on the nondescript heavyweight radar that'll vanish soon enough.

Chi-Town
Hes kind of like a young James Toney (heavyweight James Toney that is). But yes, as soon as he faces a good cerebral boxer (if there are any left at heavyweight) he will lose. He puts earmuffs on whenever he's attacked and pulls his head straight back making him very, very suceptible to body punches...the straight right hand to the body to be specific. Sweet Pea noticed it as well and tried to get C Brock to go to the body but Brock showed up fat and had no snap on his punches so it wasn't that effective. A real heavyweight who can match Chambers in experience and sharpness will beat him handily.
singletrack
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Nov 7 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]364096[/snapback]
Hes kind of like a young James Toney (heavyweight James Toney that is). But yes, as soon as he faces a good cerebral boxer (if there are any left at heavyweight) he will lose. He puts earmuffs on whenever he's attacked and pulls his head straight back making him very, very suceptible to body punches...the straight right hand to the body to be specific. Sweet Pea noticed it as well and tried to get C Brock to go to the body but Brock showed up fat and had no snap on his punches so it wasn't that effective. A real heavyweight who can match Chambers in experience and sharpness will beat him handily.

Yup - this is right on point. He is open ALL DAY to the body. He has good speed and skills though and could make some entertaining fights. I'd like to see him at a "real" 213 though...you know where his stomach doesn't stick out past his chest?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.