Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can somebody please answer me this
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
namor
Whats so special about kessler?

Why does Calzage win over kessler is considered such a great accomplishment?

Kessler is and always been overated.He was successful because he fought in one of if not the weekest
division in boxing.Even Calzage admitted in an interview that his division is week and he said its not his fault.

Don`t get me wrong i think Calzage is a great fighter its just that i think his win over kessler is blown way out of proportion.

BrutalBodyShots
Show me where you posted that Kessler was overrated BEFORE the fight last night. If you can't do that your post is useless BS.

namor
I don`t have to. thats how i always felt,but did`nt feel the need to talk about it.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(namor @ Nov 4 2007, 04:28 PM) [snapback]363668[/snapback]
I don`t have to. thats how i always felt,but did`nt feel the need to talk about it.

Riiiight. Ok then how about showing me where you picked Calzaghe to easily beat Kessler, since he's so over rated and all? Sounds to me like you're full of shit.

xxxxxx
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 4 2007, 06:05 PM) [snapback]363671[/snapback]
Riiiight. Ok then how about showing me where you picked Calzaghe to easily beat Kessler, since he's so over rated and all? Sounds to me like you're full of shit.

sounds to me like your a dickhead who ain't gettin enough of sumthin.
namor
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 4 2007, 05:05 PM) [snapback]363671[/snapback]

Look idiot ,the fact i did`nt make a post on that god kessler only proves that i did`nt think much of him.I hav`nt posted on this board in months so what does your claim proves.

I hardly come to this message board anymore cause hardly anyone post here anymore.

As a matter fact i emailed Dougie Fisher last monday when he said Calzage and kessler would beat dawson in his mailbag.And i told him he was crazy and
that Kessler is overated.

Im not the only one that did`nt think much of kessler.Go to different message boards and you`ll see many people old and new post saying that their not impressed with kessler.
namor
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Nov 4 2007, 05:40 PM) [snapback]363680[/snapback]
sounds to me like your a dickhead who ain't gettin enough of sumthin.

Ohhh cause i don`t think kessler is a god im a dickhead.

Tell me this which elite fighter did kessler ever beat?
xxxxxx
QUOTE(namor @ Nov 4 2007, 07:20 PM) [snapback]363689[/snapback]
Ohhh cause i don`t think kessler is a god im a dickhead.

Tell me this which elite fighter did kessler ever beat?

I was talking to brutal, the dude comes off like he is some boxing expert or something.
namor
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Nov 4 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]363696[/snapback]
I was talking to brutal, the dude comes off like he is some boxing expert or something.

oops sorry about that.
BrutalBodyShots
Typical after the fact post above, just calling the guy out on it. I find it irritating when people say the loser of a fight was overrated, but they weren't saying that before he lost.

Just like how people always say they "knew" an outcome of a fight was going to happen after the fight. Funny how they can't ever reference a post where they said it before hand.

I apologize for coming off so abrasive.

namor
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 4 2007, 07:01 PM) [snapback]363698[/snapback]
Typical after the fact post above, just calling the guy out on it. I find it irritating when people say the loser of a fight was overrated, but they weren't saying that before he lost.

Just like how people always say they "knew" an outcome of a fight was going to happen after the fight. Funny how they can't ever reference a post where they said it before hand.

I apologize for coming off so abrasive.

\

I always thought Kessler was overated just because i never said it on a message board does`nt mean i did`nt feel that way.
And answer this,who did kessler ever beat to think that he was such a spectacular fighter?
JD
LOL...I love posts like this AFTER the fact.

Credibility...0.
namor
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 4 2007, 07:21 PM) [snapback]363709[/snapback]

Credibility...0.

I never said i made a official prediction that Calzage would win,I did think in my head that Calzage would win though,but that is not the point of the thread.
I just feel Kessler is/was overated,And trying to figure out why he was hyped so much.Thats why i posted here.

And like i said before i hav`nt posted here in a long time cause hardly any one post here anymore.If their were more people here regularly perhaps i would have
post about Kessler.

And to tell you the truth i did`nt think about Kessler much.
caneman
i sure don't think kessler is over rated @ all & when calzaghe is gone, no one will touch kessler for years IMO. not boxing skills wise anyhow. not to say he can't be KOed by someone but getting outboxed is another story & again that is just in my opinion cool.gif
how is losing the maybe the best super middle weight ever 8 rounds to 4 being over rated anyhow?
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 4 2007, 07:21 PM) [snapback]363709[/snapback]

Credibility...0.

Exactly my point.

I don't think that anyone was saying that Kessler ever was a "spectacular" fighter, but he's had some solid wins in his last few years in the sport. He's not overrated because not all that many people rate him all that high. Kessler never touched any P4P lists. Regardless, he was the #2 guy in the division in all views and Calzaghe beat him convincingly. Had people had Kessler on their P4P lists or had a ton of people picked him over Calzaghe perhaps one could argue he was being overrated. Talking about it after the fact however means nothing.

namor
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 4 2007, 07:43 PM) [snapback]363718[/snapback]
Exactly my point.
I don't think that anyone was saying that Kessler ever was a "spectacular" fighter, but he's had some solid wins in his last few years in the sport. He's not overrated because not all that many people rate him all that high. Kessler never touched any P4P lists. Regardless, he was the #2 guy in the division in all views and Calzaghe beat him convincingly. Had people had Kessler on their P4P lists or had a ton of people picked him over Calzaghe perhaps one could argue he was being overrated. Talking about it after the fact however means nothing.

But some people are saying he should be number 1 p4p,top 3 p4p,all time great,And he would beat this guy and that guy,come-on.

There are fighters out there out there who are far more accomplished and deserved to be ranked higher.

Calzage needs to fight elite fighters like Winky Wright,Hopkins,Pavlik and other fighters who are dangerous like Chad Dawson and Glen Johnson.

Don`t get me wrong i think Calzage is a great fighter and hes number 6 on my p4p list.But i think some people are going overboard with his win over Kessler
cause many people never thought much of Kessler and don`t think Kessler`s previous opposition was all that.

Southeastpaw
Hey, I can't stand Calziggy, but I'm not going to say that Kessler was overrated. He was the man that Cal needed to fight and he did. So, reluctantly, I give him credit. The think I can't stand about him is how he has defended during his long reign. One has to give his props in the Lacy and Kessler wins because they were two guys that pretty much everyone was high on in the division and Cal beat em both, without question.

Point is, don't let your dislike for Calziggles make you look like a fool.

I like Kessler and I believe he is still going to do special things. The guy is still young and never gave up in that fight. He shows much more promise, IMO, than Lacy. He has a champions heart and is very skilled. He did not take a Lacy type beating from Cal. I Truley believe that he will improve because of this fight.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(namor @ Nov 4 2007, 07:59 PM) [snapback]363722[/snapback]
But some people are saying he should be number 1 p4p,top 3 p4p,all time great,And he would beat this guy and that guy,come-on.

I don't know anyone saying that.

QUOTE(namor @ Nov 4 2007, 07:59 PM) [snapback]363722[/snapback]
Calzage needs to fight elite fighters like Winky Wright,Hopkins,Pavlik and other fighters who are dangerous like Chad Dawson and Glen Johnson.

One problem though. You just listed 5 guys that aren't in Calzaghe's division. Not that those fights can't happen, but it'll take a little more effort due to different divisions.

The Original MrFactor
I actually said that Kessler may not be the goods back when this fight was signed. I'd love to go back and find the post where I said it. I compared him to Lacy. I think I even went of to say something about I'd rather see him fight Hopkins. Well, I dont agree with my own assertion after last nights fight. I do think kessler is pretty solid. I was happy to see a great fight. I do think Cal beats Hopkins by wide decision at this point. I also think Kessler beat Hopkins too.
Nobudius
I didn't even know Kessler was "rated". Over or under.

Many people were blowing the fight off b/c they haven't seen enough of him, or Calzaghe.
BigG
Kessler is a very very good fighter...and thats a great win for Calzaghe. However, Kessler is not on the level of a Bernard Hopkins......

Kessler's best win is in my opinion is his win over Anthony Mundine, who is not at the elite level IMO. Basically a poor mans Roy Jones....but still a good fighter
Nobudius
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 4 2007, 11:11 PM) [snapback]363762[/snapback]
Kessler is a very very good fighter...and thats a great win for Calzaghe. However, Kessler is not on the level of a Bernard Hopkins......he's closer to the Antonio Tarver level actually then he is to a Hopkins.

Dude, you are on a Tarver "high". lol

Kessler still has a future. Can't say that about Tarver, as his story is winding down.

Who is comparing Kessler to X's level?

Btw, I think some of you here completely over-rate X, or over-APRRECIATE him. Maybe b/c there aren't many guys like him right now-the malevolent cutie pie is a lost art form in today's boxing.

BigG
There are a few here that DO think he is better then Hopkins at this point.

Kessler IS better then Tarver..and I'd pick him to whoop Tarvers ass like Dawson would..but IMO he is not on the level of Bernard Hopkins.

Nobudius
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 4 2007, 11:33 PM) [snapback]363771[/snapback]
There are a few here that DO think he is better then Hopkins at this point.

Kessler IS better then Tarver..and I'd pick him to whoop Tarvers ass like Dawson would..but IMO he is not on the level of Bernard Hopkins.

Well, right now maybe a different story.

At this point, X is an old fighter. It's certainly a factor, & something to think about.
BigG
Kessler IMO can beat Joe in a rematch. He has the tools.
Nobudius
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 5 2007, 12:15 AM) [snapback]363776[/snapback]
Kessler IMO can beat Joe in a rematch. He has the tools.

Well, more than likely, the rematch won't be happening.

It's hard to gauge how guys do in rematches, b/c there aren't that many of them these days. Man, avenging a loss or a bad performance is difficult.
singletrack
QUOTE(namor @ Nov 4 2007, 10:06 AM) [snapback]363594[/snapback]
Whats so special about kessler?

Why does Calzage win over kessler is considered such a great accomplishment?

Kessler is and always been overated.He was successful because he fought in one of if not the weekest
division in boxing.Even Calzage admitted in an interview that his division is week and he said its not his fault.
Don`t get me wrong i think Calzage is a great fighter its just that i think his win over kessler is blown way out of proportion.

Kessler is a very solid fighter, and if you weren't able to see that during their fight, then you aren't good at judging boxing talent. I don't know how else to put it, and I'm not trying to be rude. I really didn't know what to think about Kessler, I hadn't seen more than highlights of him coming into the fight. But after seeing him in the fight it is clear that he is a very solid fighter. He has the fundamentals, physical traits, and character to be a great champion. More importantly, he still has time to improve.

Kessler is the best fighter Joe's ever fought and although the fight was competitive, Joe clearly won. The thing that really impressed me was how Joe was able to adapt and exploit Kessler.

I'd love to see a rematch because I think it would be a much closer fight, but I doubt it will happen at this point. It would be an amazing display if Joe were to fight Bhop and then give Kessler the rematch he deserves. Assuming Joe beats Hopkins of course.

Tha Docta
unless its the biggest money fight out there, joe has nothing to gain by giving him a rematch. its tough to call for a rematch when you lose a unanimous decision.
singletrack
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Nov 5 2007, 04:10 PM) [snapback]363851[/snapback]
unless its the biggest money fight out there, joe has nothing to gain by giving him a rematch. its tough to call for a rematch when you lose a unanimous decision.

I agree. But, like biggeorge, I think Kessler would make the rematch a much better fight. He is still a developing fighter and he learned a ton from that loss.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.