Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Call Of Duty 4
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
CyruS
Got my copy earlier today (released early for pre orders)

One word to describe it......

CRACK

Al Hata, Bill, get on your jobs and get COD4!

It's super crazy.

COD4 intro > Halo 3
The CEO
Dude...I got Cod 4 on PC yesterday...it brings the fuckin' HEAT!!

Awesome, AWESOME game.
CyruS
COD4 = Greatness at 100% purity on a disc.

Action, eyecandy & gameplay galore.

People are turning into Tyrone Biggums when they get their hands on this.
Fitz
I just play sports games on my 360. Been playing FIFA 08.
STEVENSKI
Thats not good enough Fitz. Go get it!
BrutalBodyShots
Any links to some COD4 screen shots or a demo file?

Bill The Butcher
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 7 2007, 05:55 PM) [snapback]364102[/snapback]
Thats not good enough Fitz. Go get it!

LOL! That's classic.

Yeah, I think I'm going to get it this weekend. I'm going to trade in Halo 3 and Oblivion. All I have been hearing is good things about Call of Duty 4.

Just the ranking and point system and how you can upgrade your weapons in multiplayer sounds awesome.
STEVENSKI
I don't do multiplayer but this is the best shooter I have ever played. Fitz if you ain't got it yet I will hunt you down like Ben Cousins hunts down grams of coke.
BigG
Fuck those.

Metal Gear Solid 4 will EASILY be the best game of all time.

And Manhunt 2 is the most disturbing game of all time. I suggest that gamers here buy it. But the problem with it is its cencored (the executions)...I was able to get an uncencored version of the game and trust me, it is fucking brutal. The game is straight out of a horror movie.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 10 2007, 04:17 AM) [snapback]364325[/snapback]
Fuck those.

Metal Gear Solid 4 will EASILY be the best game of all time.

Bla bla bla. There has not been a great metal gear since the PS1 & even then it was more like a interactive movie.
CyruS
Solid Snake KO1 Master Chief

Solid Snake is nothin to fuck wit.
The CEO
CoD 4 for PC is easily THE BEST shooter I've ever played...I've been playing at least 4 hours a day since it came out on the 6th...just got my Colonel rank earlier tonight...

thumbsup_anim.gif
BigG
QUOTE(CyruS @ Nov 10 2007, 04:52 AM) [snapback]364332[/snapback]
Solid Snake KO1 Master Chief

Solid Snake is nothin to fuck wit.

Word!!!

Metal Gear Solid > Any other game in any other console.

Simple as that. Talking bad about Metal Gear Solid is damn near blaspehmous. The first 3 games are certified CLASSICS and the 4th will be the GOAT without a doubt.

I don't know how anyone can play MGS 2 and MGS 3 and not call the game great after they have completed it...

Metal Gear = Best storyline of all time and best stealth game.

I'm gonna play and finish all 3 games right before I get the 4th to get hyped up.
BrutalBodyShots
The only Metal Gear that I've ever played was the original on the NES back in the late 1980's, and at the time I remember thinking it was one of the best games ever.

BigG
Brutal, do yourself a favor and play Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3. Its the GOAT simple as that.
CyruS
If you want more eye candy for Metal Gear Solid 1 from playstation 1 you can play the remake that appeared on the Nintendo Gamecube (If you have one or have a Nintendo Wii) it's called Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes. Huge graphical upgrade and more cinematic.
Bill The Butcher
COD4 is money! Great game. Only rank 14 and there is a ton of different weapons and perks you can choose from.

I find myself using the M16 the most with the red dot site, but I'm starting to work on upgrading the M4carbine.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 10 2007, 05:52 AM) [snapback]364341[/snapback]
Word!!!

Metal Gear Solid > Any other game in any other console.

Simple as that. Talking bad about Metal Gear Solid is damn near blaspehmous. The first 3 games are certified CLASSICS and the 4th will be the GOAT without a doubt.

I don't know how anyone can play MGS 2 and MGS 3 and not call the game great after they have completed it...

Metal Gear = Best storyline of all time and best stealth game.

I'm gonna play and finish all 3 games right before I get the 4th to get hyped up.

I would disagree, Splinter Cell is a far better stealth genre game & the original Thief on PC owns all in the stealth genre IMO.
CyruS
Solid Snake ChokeOut 1 Sam Fisher.

Al Hata

Cyrus or anyone else who has the game,

Is there a mulitplayer online mode? See, I usually sign onto live with 2 or 3 others, usually running team slayer in halo. Is there a mode like that for COD4?

BigG
you know, my PC isnt fast enough to play COD 4 and I dont have or plan on getting a 360 so I might not be able to play it. It looks good though.
CyruS
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Nov 12 2007, 06:37 PM) [snapback]364945[/snapback]
Cyrus or anyone else who has the game,

Is there a mulitplayer online mode? See, I usually sign onto live with 2 or 3 others, usually running team slayer in halo. Is there a mode like that for COD4?

The crack that I'm talking about is the multiplayer although the single player is just as crazy. COD4 Multiplayer shits on Halo 3, it's not even close. COD4 MP compared to Halo 3 MP is equal to Mayweather-Gatti (not even close). Only thing is, if you have guests you can't take them online from what I noticed, you could play each other in split screen stuff.
Bill The Butcher
COD4's multiplayer is awesome. It's the best I've seen so far in a first person shooter. It is kind of like leveling up in a online role playing game, but instead, it's a first person shooter and it's done through rankings. You gain experience points by killing people, killing with a certain weapon, completing different challenges, etc. The higher the rank you are, the more weapons you get to choose from and the more perks you can pick from, such as Double Tap, Overkill, Deeper Bullet Penetration, increased health, etc. I'm not sure about the exact number, but you can play around 20 types of different multiplayer game styles, like free-for-all, team deathmatch, search and destroy, headquarters, etc.

I'm not sure if I read the above posts correctly, but you can play with your friends in a group. When you select the Multiplayer/Xbox live option, it gives you another option to do party invites. Lets say you were playing on a Team Deathmatch map that has up to 12 players and you use the party invite function to invite 5 of your friends, you can stay grouped with your friends through each map. Again, not sure if I read the above post right.
CyruS
He was talking about having people physically at his place with 2 extra controllers signed on as guests through the same 360 and play online like Halo 3, COD4 can't do that. When your people are at your place you can only do split screen versus stuff and can't go online.
Bill The Butcher
Ahhh okay. Never tried that.
BrutalBodyShots
One of my employees today gave me his copy of COD4... got it sitting right here and may install it later tonight. Looking forward to it.

BigG
Split screen sucks because you ALWAYS know where your opponent is...I'd much rather play online like everybody else.

The greatest FPS of all time are:

Aliens vs. Predator 2 (EASILY!)
Half Life: Counter Strike
Quake III
Battlefield 2
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 15 2007, 01:12 AM) [snapback]365223[/snapback]
Split screen sucks because you ALWAYS know where your opponent is...I'd much rather play online like everybody else.

The greatest FPS of all time are:

Aliens vs. Predator 2 (EASILY!)
Half Life: Counter Strike
Quake III
Battlefield 2

I disagree George... not with respect to the games that came before them. I still think Doom 2 is the GOAT as far as being leaps and bounds better than anything before it and it paved the way for future games like Quake.

To this day no FPS had an impact on me the same way Doom did in terms of just saying "wow, this is something awesome and completely new" ... games today IMO simply take a baby step ahead of the last game that came out, where Doom was a HUGE step which was a much greater impact.
BigG
Oh man Doom was awesome in its day..one of the first games I ever played..Yeah, Doom SHOULD be ranked as one of the greatest games in ANY console just because of the impact it had....Before Doom it was Wolfenstein 3D I think....
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 15 2007, 11:08 AM) [snapback]365280[/snapback]
Oh man Doom was awesome in its day..one of the first games I ever played..Yeah, Doom SHOULD be ranked as one of the greatest games in ANY console just because of the impact it had....Before Doom it was Wolfenstein 3D I think....

Yup... Wolfenstein 3D was really the first, but that game only had walls at 90 degree angles, equal height ceilings and everything looked very similar. Doom changed that with walls at any angles, different height ceilings, outdoors, many many different textures and tons of triggered events (ie you step on a certain spot and an elevator lowers for example). I think Wolfenstein 3D was a great foundation, but Doom was just the BIGGEST leap forward I have ever seen from one game to the next. It really started the whole FPS genre and after that SO many more were developed.

Sure if you put Half Life next to Doom 2 today being 10 years apart in technology it's easy to say which is "better" but IMO nothing has done what Doom has done since 1994 or so.

STEVENSKI
Best FPS & game of all time IMO is Flashpoint. Nothing comes close to scale & scope.
Bill The Butcher
I'm a fan of Soldier of Fortune 2.
X3_Bazooka_X3
The DVD Drive on my Xbox 360 went out, the shit made a strange noise as if it were eating the disc, and suddenly it ejected the disc, no damage to the disc though but when I tried to close the CD tray it would close for about one second and reopen, it will not stay closed, I am currently getting it fixed but what a bitch its been, just after we get the 50 inch plasma the Xbox fails me black eye.gif
Maxy
Bought COD 4 yesterday. Best shooter ever! No doubt about it!
Al Hata
QUOTE(Maxy @ Nov 19 2007, 03:15 PM) [snapback]366029[/snapback]
Bought COD 4 yesterday. Best shooter ever! No doubt about it!

Maxy,

Is your xbox live handle J styles aka something X something?...I got a message from someone in the UK and I figure, you might be the only UK cat I know on xbox.

The CEO
Y'all are missing out...come play this game on the PC with the commander.

<---- "SKULLSPLITTER"
Method
Got COD 4 for the PS3. Haven't TOUCHED my XBox 360 since I bought PS3. Truth be told though, I haven't popped COD4 in yet because I am busy getting medievil on motherfuckers in Assassins Creed!
Maxy
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Nov 20 2007, 10:24 AM) [snapback]366187[/snapback]
Maxy,

Is your xbox live handle J styles aka something X something?...I got a message from someone in the UK and I figure, you might be the only UK cat I know on xbox.

No mate....I haven't got set up on x-box live yet.
BigG
I've decided to get Ps3 over XBOX 360...

PS3's library kills XBOX 360's IMO.
CyruS
I'm coppin a PS3 probably sometime next week. I need to get my hands on Uncharted, shit looks epic.
Method
Y, I hear Drake's Fortune is TIGHT.

After I beat Assassin's, which should be today or tomorrow, I'll trade it in toward's Drake's Fortune...or something...
CyruS
Heard nothing but great things about Uncharted. Right now I'm busy trying to save universe in Mass Effect. There is way to many games to get through this 4th quarter, it's been nothing but must buy games every week since late september it seems like.
Method
Beat Assassin's Creed.

Poppin in COD 4 now.
BrutalBodyShots
I loaded up and started COD 4 last night. I have no real impression of it yet other than it looks great and is quite realistic. I'll have to get into it more to see how the gameplay really is. I just got through the opening sequences where you don't really do all to much but follow your boys.

Bill The Butcher
I don't know why, but I can't play single player games anymore. Ever since I played online games such as Soldier of Fortune 2, Everquest, World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, Call of Duty, etc. I can never play a single player game. They just don't do it for me.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Nov 22 2007, 02:14 PM) [snapback]366569[/snapback]
I don't know why, but I can't play single player games anymore. Ever since I played online games such as Soldier of Fortune 2, Everquest, World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, Call of Duty, etc. I can never play a single player game. They just don't do it for me.

I sort of know what you mean. I can play single player games still, but ONLY once. I hear people tell me all the time that they will replay a game after a few months and I simply never could. Play it once, be done with it and play it online or move on to something else. That's how I am anyway.

BigG
I'm the same with a few exceptions (Metal Gear Solid and Manhunt)

I think I've finished all 3 MGS a hundred times each.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 23 2007, 07:50 AM) [snapback]366634[/snapback]
I think I've finished all 3 MGS a hundred times each.

Damn man, those must be come cool games. I've got to check them out one of these days. Are they all available on the PC or various consoles?

I'm starting to get into COD4 now, it's getting better and better as I play it.

CyruS
Scratch that buying a ps3 next week thing. I just blew my ps3 money on a new TV laugh.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(CyruS @ Nov 23 2007, 01:19 PM) [snapback]366663[/snapback]
Scratch that buying a ps3 next week thing. I just blew my ps3 money on a new TV laugh.gif

Excellent choice =)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.