Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Boondocks
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Al Hata

Anybody else watch this show? I think its the best "adult" cartoon out there.

The last episode with Thugnificent was the funniest thing I have seen in awhile.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Nov 6 2007, 04:33 PM) [snapback]363942[/snapback]
Anybody else watch this show? I think its the best "adult" cartoon out there.

The last episode with Thugnificent was the funniest thing I have seen in awhile.

The fact that the word "thugnificent" is somehow related to it, insures I will never ever watch it.
Al Hata
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Nov 6 2007, 04:56 PM) [snapback]363952[/snapback]
The fact that the word "thugnificent" is somehow related to it, insures I will never ever watch it.

laugh.gif

BG: I have a feeling you would really enjoy the show.
Snoop
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Nov 6 2007, 10:20 PM) [snapback]363955[/snapback]
laugh.gif

BG: I have a feeling you would really enjoy the show.

No. He wouldn't get the show.

I haven't seen the cartoon but the comic books are fucking great! The way that Aaron McGruder expresses his racial politics and politics in general is fucking genius.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 6 2007, 07:27 PM) [snapback]363959[/snapback]
No. He wouldn't get the show.

I haven't seen the cartoon but the comic books are fucking great! The way that Aaron McGruder expresses his racial politics and politics in general is fucking genius.

HEY...WHAT THA FUCK?????

I would not get it why?? Because of the "racial politics" aspect?

I'll have you know I had a MAJOR influence on a African American cartoon strip that is printed nationally...written and drawn by a black cartoonist.

Ever heard of Herb and Jamal?

Do you know the name of their Soul food resturant?......well guess who named it!

That's right buddy!!!!! BG!

BUT....they are devoid of the "thugnificent".....or "thugalicous" aspect.

Don't judge me because I prefer my African American cartoons devoid of any "thug" aspects.

I'm not anti black.....I'm anti "Thug".....

Snoop
I'm judging off your past postings and the fact that you're dismissing an incredibly genius piece of work (the comic, but I've heard the show is very similar) based off an episode called "thugnificent". The irony of the whole thing is that you'd probably AGREE with a lot of what McGruder has to say about the evolving state of black culture. Much of the Boondocks uses satire, which is probably what "thugnificent" is about, yet you dismiss it without even giving it a chance. That is why I don't think you'd get his work. You're too disconnected with what's going on in black culture today.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 7 2007, 04:45 AM) [snapback]364035[/snapback]
I'm judging You're too disconnected with what's going on in black culture today.

"Too disconnected"......you must be kidding. I work with black youth everyday of my life.....despite anything I've ever said on this site, black culture is something I get a daily dose of.

If anything I'm way too connected....

And you might be right....if the guy's take on the whole issue is that "thugness" is a negative and holding a sea of good black youth back.....then....yeah I'd agree.
Snoop
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Nov 7 2007, 08:46 PM) [snapback]364083[/snapback]
"Too disconnected"......you must be kidding. I work with black youth everyday of my life.....despite anything I've ever said on this site, black culture is something I get a daily dose of.

If anything I'm way too connected....

And you might be right....if the guy's take on the whole issue is that "thugness" is a negative and holding a sea of good black youth back.....then....yeah I'd agree.

Just because you work with black youth doesn't mean you understand black culture. The thing is you're picking and choosing what you want to be a part of black culture rather than taking it as the entire package. Don't get me wrong, I think this overdosage of "thugness" is ultimately damaging the advancement of black people, but you can't deny it is a large part of culture too.

And see the whole thing is that you shouldn't just hear that an episode is called "thugnificent", and then write off the show. The thing is instead of ignoring "thug culture", Aaron McGruder dives into that whole area and makes a social commentary about it through satire. I think you'd find it quite funny.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.