Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Codrington vs. Bika: Round By Round/Postfight Discussion
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD
Anyone else watching?

Hell of a first round as they traded knock downs...these dudes are throwing BOMBS and hurting each other. Entertaining scrap in the third.
JD
Codrington buzzed early in the 4th...hurts Bika late in the 4th.

Codrington opened the fifth by buckling Bika and than ate a big uppercut late that hurt him badly.

THis is some fight!
JD
You guys suck.
JD
6th round ends with both guys just firing bombs. This really is good shit.
AKay
this is a really good fight!

Will
JD
Codrington stopped in the 8th.

When the dude gets caught hard, his head just flops in the air...

Hell of a fight though. I would love to see them do it again.
kidbazooka1
This was handsdown the best fight of the Contender series Bika is a tough SOB aswell as Jaidon. Rematch anyone?
thehype
PREFIGHT
Jaidon Codrington comes out first wearing a sharp blue and black Everlast robe. He looks confident as he makes his way to the ring, waving to the crowd. Sakio Bika enters next. He looks focused as he stares at the ring with his eyes on the prize. "AND NOW, THE CONTENDER SEASON 3 MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN EVENT!!!" Codrington looked away from Bika during the staredown.

ROUND 1
Codrington starts off circling to Bika's left. Bika fires a jab to the body. Short left hook from Codrington just misses. Right and a left lands for Bika. Codrington puts the mitts up. Bika fires a looping right hook upstaris...whoa..Codrington is down. And he eats another punch as he's down on his knee. Codrington takes the count. The punch was partially blocked, but the shear force from Bika just blasted him to the canvas. Bika tries to pounce on him. He fires a left and a right...another looping left and right. WOOOOOO...Coddrignton drops him with a short left hook on the inside. Now Bika is down. He takes the count. That left hook was nasty and Bika was rocked. He's shaky on his feet. Now Codrington jumps in and Bika holds on. They wrestle on the inside. Bika still looks shaky as he wobbles backwards. He holds on. Codrington landss a 1-2. Bika lands a left. Woooo...big left hook from Codrington wobbles Bika again. Bika on th reatreat and he lands a looping right hook. Left hook lands for Codrington. 1-2 lands fo Codrington...and WOOOOO...now a BIG left hook lands for Bika. They both hold on. The crowd is on it's feet. They trade hooks. Bika still looks shaky. Nice left to the body lands for Codrington and WOOOOOO big left hook lands for Bika right at the bell. WOW. GREAT round! GREAT round! Round to Codrington.

Codrington 10 Bika 9

ROUND 2
Both men come out a little more cautious. Bika swings wildly with a left hook, but misses. Codrington staying on the outside and firing the jab. Bika loops a right hand that's blocked. Uppercut lands for Bika. Codrington lands a right upstairs. Codrington up on his toes now....lands a jab. Jab landing pretty easily for Codrington. Bika lands a big right hook that backs Codrington up. Right hand to the body lands for Bika. 1-2 lands for Codrington. Bika misses with two wild hooks. Big looping left hook upstairs from Bika is partially blocked. Round to Codrington.

Codrington 20 Bika 18

ROUND 3
Both men very wary of each other's power and keeping their distance. Uppercut lands for Bika. They trade jabs. Bika lands a right. Codrington misses with a short left hook. BIG uppercut lands for Codrington. HUGE right and left hooks land for Bika and Codrington backs up to the ropes. Another BIG right hook lands for Bika and Codrington looks a little shaky. Right hook from Bika blasts through Codrington's guard again. They trade jabs. Codrington lands a left hook, but Bika lands a left of his own. They trade hooks along the ropes. Nice three-punch combo lands for Codrington. Round to Bika.

Codrington 29 Bika 28

ROUND 4
Looping right hook lands for Bika. Jab and left hook combo lands for Codrington. WOOOOOO....HARD right hand from Bika rocks Codrington. He backs up to the ropoes and puts his gloves up. Bika lets his hands go and unloads a nice four punch combo along the ropes. Uppercut lands for Bika. WOW...now a short left hook lands for codrington and Bika is wobbled. Both men trading hooks with Bika getting the worst of it. 1-2 lands for Bika along the ropes. 1-2 lands for Codrington. NICE three-punch combo lands for Codrington. Bika fires back with a looping right hand that knocks Codrington off balance. Great round. Round to Bika.

Codrington 38 Bika 38

ROUND 5
Both men winging punches now. Codrington lands a big left hook that backs Bika up. Nice three-punch combo lands for Codrington. Bika answers back with a chopping right hand on the inside. They trade jabs. Bika lands another jab. Right hook lands for Bika and Codrington staggers a bit. Jab from Codrington lands, but he eats a looping right hook from Bika. WOOOOOOOOO...HUGE uppercut rocks Codrington as he was bending over. He holds on to the ropes. Bika throwing bombs. Codrington answers with a right. WOOOOOO....HUGE right hand from Bika backs Codrington up again. Codrington is hurt...his hands are down and his legs look shaky. Bika jumps in. BIG right hand lands for Bika at the end of the round. Another GREAT round! Round to Bika.

Codrington 47 Bika 48

ROUND 6
Codrington backing up and waiting. Bika pressing forward behind the jab. Codrington lands a right hand. Right hand over the top lands for Bika. Codrington lands a left. Bika lands a jab. Bika lands a jab and a left hook. Right hand to the body lands for Bika. Another one. And a left hook upstairs from Bika backs Codrington up. They trade stiff jabs. BIG right hand hook lands for Bika. Another one. Codrington lands a right and a left. 1-2 lands for Bika. Another HUGE 1-2 lands for Bika. Codrington lands a BIG right hand but then he eats a bigger left and a right from Bika. Big shots exchanged to end the round. Round to Bika who's just outlanding Codrington 2 big shots to his one.

Codrington 56 Bika 58

ROUND 7
Bika jabs to the body. Codrington cautious, but pressing forward. Bika lands a wide left and Codrington backs up. Jab lands for Bika. Left hook upstairs lands for Bika. WOOOOOO...HUGE right hand from Bika snaps the head back of Codrington. Codrington takes it and tries to fire back to the body. Two jabs lands for Codrington. Bika lands a lef to the body. Right hand upstairs lands for Codrington. Bika doubling up on the jab now. Right hand lands for Bika. Three-punch combo lands for Codrington. They trade hooks to the body. Both men are landing bombs, but again, Bika is just outworking Codrington who looks extremely tired in the corner right now.

Codrington 65 Bika 68

ROUND 8
Bika doubles up on the jab again. Codrington lands a left hook. 1-2 lands for Bika. Codrington lands a right. WOOOOOOO....HUGE uppercut and a left lands for Bika. They trade big left hooks. Codrington lands a right, but then he eats a right from Bika. Chopping short right lands for Bika. Looping left hook lands for Bika. Wild right hook lands for Bika...and another. codrington looks shaky along the ropes. Another right hook from Bika lands to the back of Codrington's head. Codrington in the corner not looking good. WOOOOOOOO...HUGE right hook from Bika...and another....and ANOTHER. Codrington looks out on his feet. He wobbles to the ropes. Bika chases him down. He turns his back to Bika. That's it. It's over. The ref calls it. Bika wins a wild slug fest that should be considered a strong candidate for Fight of the Year. Wow!

Bika TKO8

The winner by TKO at 2:18 of the eith round...AND NEW CONTENDER CHAMPION....SAKIO BIKA!

POSTFIGHT
Codrington can be seen all choked up, crying in his corner as they announce Bika as the winner, but he's got absolutely nothing to be upset about...well, except for not getting the money...but after a performance like that, he's stock is only going to go up. Codrington says Sakio Bika is a warrior. He was proud to be in there against a great opponent. Sugar Ray Leonard presents the belt to Bika. "First of all, I want to say that this fight here symbolizes what a champion is all about, what a contender is all about; blood, sweat and tears. And without question, I present this belt to you, Sakio, for being the Contender Champion. Job well done son. Job well done. God bless you man." Bika says that he thought he had him in the first round, but Jaidon recovered really quickly. "He was a very big puncher," stated Bika, who said the first round was really hard. Bika thanks The Contender, ESPN, his mom, dad, friends from Australia and all of his fans for their support. Leonard states, "these guys displayed so much heart, so much determination. I was trulyl amazed by their resilience, by their recuperative powers and both guys, Jaidon and Sakio, just true fighters, real warriors, real contenders!"
Southeastpaw
What a fuqin fight! That was not only the Contender series fight I have seen, but one of the best, if not the best, fights I have seen all year. Merchant would have been messin his pants had he been commentating this one.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That was an amazing fight, and one of the best of this year. I really feel bad for Jaidon going through what he went through with his Father passing, and losing the fight. He's a really tough guy though with a lot of potential, and he can do some big things. Bika has really resurrected his career with this Contender tourney. He avenged the loss to Soliman, and now KO'd Codrington. He's a hell of a fighter, and will get some big fights coming up. It was a great night for boxing, and there will be some interesting matchups to be made.
Kyle
kidbazooka1
Helluva fight both of these guys deserve to win.

The best Contender fight out of all the seasons.
STEVENSKI
Bika is a quality fighter. Going the distance with Joe C, Bute & getting a dogy draw against Beyer is nothing to be ashamed of IMO. The most deserving fighter won.
Southeastpaw
I saw flashes of Mayorga in Bika tonight.

Many of those shots were W I D E as hell.

Awesome fight though.
Snoop
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 7 2007, 04:40 AM) [snapback]363997[/snapback]
I have never watched a contender episode besides one of the early ones from the first season. Anything changed since? Gained any credibility? Or still the same edited BS?

The finales are never edited. They are just like ESPN Friday Night Fights and holy shit this was a good fight. As much as I hate the normal episodes of The Contender, this fight gained my absolute respect. It was Gatti/Ward type action.
Snoop
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Nov 7 2007, 06:16 AM) [snapback]364008[/snapback]
Helluva fight both of these guys deserve to win.

The best Contender fight out of all the seasons.

This is one of the better fights THIS YEAR, let alone just The Contender.
Fitz
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 7 2007, 06:20 PM) [snapback]364021[/snapback]
The finales are never edited. They are just like ESPN Friday Night Fights and holy shit this was a good fight. As much as I hate the normal episodes of The Contender, this fight gained my absolute respect. It was Gatti/Ward type action.

Might have to check the final out only.

How far did Soliman make it and how did he lose and to whom?
Snoop
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 7 2007, 07:22 AM) [snapback]364023[/snapback]
Might have to check the final out only.

How far did Soliman make it and how did he lose and to whom?

He got to the semi-finals. I believe he lost a decision to the new Contender champ, Sakio Bika
Thegreatequalizer
that was definitely a great fight. they both really went for it from the opening bell. even though codrington lost, i think his stock really went up. he showed a fairly good chin taking as many clean shots as he did, which should make him feel a lot better about the allan green fight. definitely a contender for fight of the year. it's too bad i had to look at ray leonard's annoying face as long i did.
Fitz
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 7 2007, 06:39 PM) [snapback]364025[/snapback]
He got to the semi-finals. I believe he lost a decision to the new Contender champ, Sakio Bika

Cool. Thanks man.
BigG
I wanted Jaidon to win the whole thing. At least he went far. Bika is a tough tough guy.
Southeastpaw
Bika had the much stiffer competition throughout the series. But it is ironic that the only guy to have won his fights by KO before the final was Jaidon, then he was the one getting KOed in the final. The only fights throughout the entire series to end in KOs were all Jaidon's. lol

I was hoping either Bika or Sam would win the whole thing. I was predicting Sam and Bika in the final. It is a tragic thing what happened with Jaidon and his father dieing during the show. But Jaidon left a bad impression on me the way he dealt with Vera. He was a real prick to Vera and Vera was a cool guy. I was waiting for Jaidon to get KOed from that point on. And Bika delivered.
PR316
Wanted Jaidon to win it all. And I think the fight was much closer than Teddy Atlas had it. I had them pretty much alternating rounds. If there's a rematch, Jaidon could pull it off if somebody actually got him to BOX instead of fighting wild and crazy against a tough SOB like Bika who has given tough fights to the likes of Calzaghe and Solomon.

BTW, Jaidon's girlfriend is pretty hot.
singletrack
Very entertaining fight. I think Bika should give Jaidon some moolah to get his gyno removed. I can't focus on the fight with his tities bouncing all over the place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.