Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pavlik Cuts Hand Badly in Accident
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
What do you make of this?

http://www.thering-online.com/ringpages/ringupdate.html

Jack
Southeastpaw
What do I make of this? Kelly needs to stop fixin windows and shit like that. I'll bet it is more like he punched through a window cause his baby's mamma is tryin to get some of that cashola he's made. lol
Method
I'll bet it is more like he punched through a window cause his baby's mamma is tryin to get some of that cashola he's made. lol
Or because his old man misplaced the purse check again...
BrutalBodyShots
Something like this could really hurt his boxing career. I had a friend that punched through a window once and the glass severed several tendons in his arm. Even 5 years later now he still has trouble making a strong fist or even firmly shaking hands. Hopefully Pavlik didn't do any permanant damage.

Southeastpaw
That would suck BIGTIME. Especially seeing his potential for long term dominance of the division.
Tha Docta
he accidentally put his hand through a window? i wonder what his girl did to make him so mad? she must have said something really stupid.

women have to know when to keep their mouths shut or stuff like this happens.
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 8 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]364193[/snapback]
Something like this could really hurt his boxing career. I had a friend that punched through a window once and the glass severed several tendons in his arm. Even 5 years later now he still has trouble making a strong fist or even firmly shaking hands. Hopefully Pavlik didn't do any permanant damage.

I heard something similar aout Ted Willams coming up in the minor leagues. He got really pissed came back to the dugout and punched the dugout's water bottle. Which of course was glass back then.

He cut his hand up real bad and the doctor said he just missed those tendons. I can't imagine him having his career cut short before it ever got started and it wouldsuck if Pavlik has any of that damage.

His dad didn't seem to concerned, leading me to believe the cuts were more superficial then anything else.
FenderDG3
The article on ESPN.com said Pavlik didn't sever any tendons or arteries and will be back in training in 4 weeks. So luckily it sounds like he won't have any long term effects.
BrutalBodyShots
I don't understand how you can get 100+ stitches from trying to "repair a broken window" ...
Southeastpaw
Because in all likelyhood, he was not repairing a broken window, needless to say. It had to be some stupid shit that he and his people just don't feel the public needs to know. Which I can understand.
caneman
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 8 2007, 10:28 PM) [snapback]364238[/snapback]
I don't understand how you can get 100+ stitches from trying to "repair a broken window" ...

i have done A LOT of glass in my life & window glass cuts you easier than any other glass by far! i shouldn't jinks myself but between SSB & DSB(single strength & double strength), i have got every cut that i had to go get stitches for! mirrors & 1/4" plate ain't as bad! honestly while i understand why y'all are saying what you are, i can see pavlik being the kind that likes to work with his hands! have a great day everyone, i am outta here!
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 9 2007, 07:47 AM) [snapback]364256[/snapback]
I think the point he was trying to make is, you can't really put your hand through a window and need 100 stitches trying to repair it. Wasn't this a car window? I could maybe believe it if it was a domestic house window thats like 1mm thick, but a car window is different. They are quite thick and you can't put your hand through one of those unless you are really trying to.

What source did you get that Pavlik was working on a car window?
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 9 2007, 07:47 AM) [snapback]364256[/snapback]
I think the point he was trying to make is, you can't really put your hand through a window and need 100 stitches trying to repair it. Wasn't this a car window? I could maybe believe it if it was a domestic house window thats like 1mm thick, but a car window is different. They are quite thick and you can't put your hand through one of those unless you are really trying to.

Exactly. I just don't see what could happen during the "repair" of a window that would cause someone to get over 100 stitches... but then again I've never done any real window repair work so I'm not really qualified to say. My gut impression is that he probably punched the window, or at the very least was doing something other than repair work.

caneman
ok now i am not sure what to think about the ESPN story! i am checking things out though, i have a call in to a member of team pavlik to confirm what really happened! but anyhow i found this on google!
Shattered glass cuts Pavlik but Taylor rematch still on: report

1 day ago

YOUNGSTOWN, United States (AFP) Undefeated middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik needed about 20 stitches to close cuts to his hands and arms due to a shattered window but will not delay a rematch with Jermain Taylor.

The Youngstown Vindicator, Pavlik's hometown newspaper, reported Thursday that Pavlik's mother Debbie said the fighter was cleaning and replacing windows at his home when the glass shattered and cut his hands and arms.

Pavlik's trainer, Jack Loew, told the newspaper that his fighter is recovering well and the injuries were minor. Some reports had said Pavlik, 25, needed more than 100 cuts to close the wounds.

Loew said Pavlik's training will begin next month as planned for a rematch early next year with Taylor.

Pavlik is 32-0 with 29 knockouts and took the World Boxing Council title in September with a seventh-round knockout of US compatriot Taylor, 27-1-1 with 17 knockouts.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hhXPiQ...iCZtK9L0MYKw68g
caneman
oh yea, i have done glass work for 18 years & have seen some really bad cuts & while i agree that that many stitches would be really hard to get on a small window, it is not out out of the question...i know someone who got about 75 stitches on a single pane window that was only about 12 square feet(3'X4'), it was SSB & cut the shit outta him. i think the worse was a guy who had been doing glass work 20 years was kinda bragging how he was never cut & while carrying a big mirror (like 84" X 120") out of the shop,
hit the top of the mirror on a garage door that wasn't pulled all the way up...he got 160 stitches outside & 140 inside even though i honestly don't get the inside part! the funny thing is i saw him a couple of years later, and he said hey man, how are you. i didn't know who he was & since i was talking with this girl i just kept on moving & about two weeks later, i seen him as a spokes person for nutra system weight loss...when it happened he was every bit of 275lbs @ least, and when i seen him that day he was less than 200 lbs. the shit was a shock. that cut changed his life on many levels which was good cause he was a fat pig sporting butt cleavage...the shit gross laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.