Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: next for Kessler?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
durhamshardest
what do you guys think kessler should do next?? to be honest i think Kessler will become a p4p great and the loss against calzaghe will do him prob more favours than if he had beaten him?? dya reckon he should move up with calzaghe and take on those in the light heavies. looking at the state of the super middles he would literally destroy anyone in it.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(durhamshardest @ Nov 8 2007, 06:56 AM) [snapback]364147[/snapback]
what do you guys think kessler should do next?? to be honest i think Kessler will become a p4p great and the loss against calzaghe will do him prob more favours than if he had beaten him?? dya reckon he should move up with calzaghe and take on those in the light heavies. looking at the state of the super middles he would literally destroy anyone in it.

I hear Winky Wright is available...
durhamshardest
he would eat wanky wright alive imo
JD
Kessler should see if he can get a fight with Sakio Bika, who gets a boost because of his W on The Contender. If not Bika, he can go after JT after Pavlik knocks him out again, or even the Lacy - Manfredo winner.

Kessler gave a good account of himself and does not need to rebuild anything, so a giant step down would be a bad idea. I think fighting a good opponent right away is the direction he should go in.
caneman
while i agree that there isn't many test for kessler but i still think he should stay @ 168 & try to unify all the belts & then see what happens!
Kessler gave a good account of himself and does not need to rebuild anything, so a giant step down would be a bad idea. I think fighting a good opponent right away is the direction he should go in.

i totally agree with that. JD, do you think strum would take a fight vs kessler til calzaghe officially leaves 168?
durhamshardest
boxrec has pushed lucien Bute ahead of Kessler in the super-middle weight rankings which is stupid!! Bute is an option as is Froch when he beats Reid but i think Bika would be the best option as you say because of the publicity but i could see kessler finishing bika within 5
Tha Docta
what kessler should do next is take his paycheck from the calzaghe fight and buy his ass an endswell. wtf were those guys thinking in his corner by not using an endswell?
moscow bear
kessler can rule the smw division for years to come....
BigG
Kessler should fight Bika and then Bute. He'd beat both IMO.
durhamshardest
what will happen to the super middleweight belts if Calzaghe moves up a weight will they all go seperatly into different fights?? that would be fairly good because then Froch, Inkin, Bute, Kessler and possibly Lacy would all be in with a shout which would mean some crackin fights!!
durhamshardest
BLOODY HELL!!! didnt know Bika was only 28 i thought he was nearer 38!!
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(durhamshardest @ Nov 8 2007, 11:49 AM) [snapback]364173[/snapback]
what will happen to the super middleweight belts if Calzaghe moves up a weight will they all go seperatly into different fights?? that would be fairly good because then Froch, Inkin, Bute, Kessler and possibly Lacy would all be in with a shout which would mean some crackin fights!!

No doubt there some superb and entertaining fights to be made with that bunch.

We'll soon see Froch get ko'd, haha.
ROLL DEEP
On that note....how does everyone think a Lacy - Froch fight plays out?

I think Froch is a great talent, but I reeeeeally worry about his lack of defence.
singletrack
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Nov 8 2007, 09:00 AM) [snapback]364156[/snapback]
what kessler should do next is take his paycheck from the calzaghe fight and buy his ass an endswell. wtf were those guys thinking in his corner by not using an endswell?

Yah that was ridiculous.
durhamshardest
Its a shame that all the young Brits that seemed skilled are complete dick end eg Khan, Froch and Haye. It was so funny on soccer AM when Froch punched one of them machines which weighs the strength of your punch he went first got 800 n summit then Darren Purse a Cardiff city footballer(soccer player) stepped up n got 950!!! Froch was gutted it was made funnier by the fact he said to Darren do you want to go 1st then ill beat your score hahahaha!!!

Would love to see Kessler take Froch's head off!!!
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(durhamshardest @ Nov 8 2007, 08:27 AM) [snapback]364154[/snapback]
boxrec has pushed lucien Bute ahead of Kessler in the super-middle weight rankings which is stupid!!

Boxrec rankings are useless, why do you even look at them? Boxrec should only be used to look at boxers records... there's a reason its not Boxrank.

BrutalBodyShots
I guess we have to see when Kessler's hand injury heals that he's finally spoken about.

Maxy
QUOTE(durhamshardest @ Nov 8 2007, 12:54 PM) [snapback]364187[/snapback]
Its a shame that all the young Brits that seemed skilled are complete dick end eg Khan, Froch and Haye. It was so funny on soccer AM when Froch punched one of them machines which weighs the strength of your punch he went first got 800 n summit then Darren Purse a Cardiff city footballer(soccer player) stepped up n got 950!!! Froch was gutted it was made funnier by the fact he said to Darren do you want to go 1st then ill beat your score hahahaha!!!

Would love to see Kessler take Froch's head off!!!

Didn't see that haha. I bet Froch felt like a right prick!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.