Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Betting on Casa - Santa Cruz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
moscow bear
My internet bookie gives me 1.42 for Casa.... I thinks these odds are insane cos Casa will blow that guy away. Am I missing something here?
JD
Casamayor is old and hasn't fought in a year.
moscow bear
would you put any money on Casa given these odds?
JD
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Nov 8 2007, 12:00 PM) [snapback]364177[/snapback]

I actually think Santa Cruz is live in there. He is real tall, real determined, and throws a lot of punches. If he does not tire late, I think he could win the fight on activity.
BigG
Ive seen Santa Cruz 3 times and I've been unimpressed. He nearly got stopped by Edner Cherry (barely pulled that out) and got stopped late vs. David Diaz (although he was winning that fight). I got Casa in this fight by decision or late stoppage.
JD
Santa Cruz is not all that good. Decent skills, ok power...but I am going with the upset here based upon Casamayor getting old and being inactive.
Imperius3
Casamayor should win a wide decision here, but we don't really know for sure what to expect since it has been a year since his last fight.

Regardless, I believe Casamayor will show he is still an A-class fighter. I believe he is like a Hopkins, and he will still apply his craft regardless of the fact that he is 36 and has been inactive.

I've seen Santa Cruz's fight against Diaz, and I wasn't that impressed. He looked a little sloppy and inexperienced at times. He is nothing that Casamayor hasn't seen before.

Casamayor by UD.
moscow bear
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Nov 9 2007, 10:38 AM) [snapback]364253[/snapback]
Casamayor should win a wide decision here, but we don't really know for sure what to expect since it has been a year since his last fight.

Regardless, I believe Casamayor will show he is still an A-class fighter. I believe he is like a Hopkins, and he will still apply his craft regardless of the fact that he is 36 and has been inactive.

I've seen Santa Cruz's fight against Diaz, and I wasn't that impressed. He looked a little sloppy and inexperienced at times. He is nothing that Casamayor hasn't seen before.

Casamayor by UD.

thats why i believe these odds are too good to pass by. The odds for picking Cotto or Mosley are much better, but its basically a pickem fight....
ghost13
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Nov 8 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]364177[/snapback]

Yes I would
Titlebelt
I wouldn't touch this one. With Casamayor's advanced age and inactivity, I don't know how he'll perform against a damn good fighter in Santa Cruz. Casamayor seems to fight in spurts a lot of the time and I've always considered Santa Cruz more of a volume puncher with decent power. Casamayor is quicker than Santa Cruz but Cruz will be throwing many more punches. As long as Cruz's chin holds up he has a decent chance of winning a close decision. I'll say Casamayor's handspeed and experience sees him through this one, but barely. Again, I wouldn't place money on this one.
moscow bear
QUOTE(Titlebelt @ Nov 10 2007, 06:50 AM) [snapback]364340[/snapback]
I wouldn't touch this one. With Casamayor's advanced age and inactivity, I don't know how he'll perform against a damn good fighter in Santa Cruz. Casamayor seems to fight in spurts a lot of the time and I've always considered Santa Cruz more of a volume puncher with decent power. Casamayor is quicker than Santa Cruz but Cruz will be throwing many more punches. As long as Cruz's chin holds up he has a decent chance of winning a close decision. I'll say Casamayor's handspeed and experience sees him through this one, but barely. Again, I wouldn't place money on this one.

too late for me, title....but thanks for your input.
imperial
My eyes are bleeding ,from this hug fest ..It looks like Cas is losing this one so far at least ..
imperial
Duplicate..
moscow bear
i am glad i won (started pissing in my pants in the 12th, lol), but really value the insights of jd and title.
BigG
Yeah, I thought Casa would win CLEARLY but JD and Title got this one right. Casa looked old.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.