Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anything on Mormeck-Haye?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Hey,

Does anyone have any updates on Mormeck-Haye concerning if it is being shown anywhere? It will be for both the WBC and WBA Cruiserweight titles. All I know is that it is in France. I hope that the WBC's 4th and 8th round optional Open Scoring will NOT be in effect. This was what allowed Mormeck to coast to a decision in the Bell rematch. (A fight that I thought he lost) by running the last four rounds.

This is another fight that Showtime could have picked up even on tape delay. Yes, it's the same night as Cotto-Mosley, but as the undercard for that fight isn't very good, those of us who may not want to cough up $55 for one decent fight would of at least had a Showtime fight to watch and just stayed offline to avoid spoilers if they would have put it on tape delay.

Jack
gods son
Jacky,

I heard MSG channel pulled out??
thats a shame.

Im in London, so ill be watching it Live via Setanta , i cannot wait..
Ill try my best to do Round by Round!!
Jack 1000
QUOTE(gods son @ Nov 9 2007, 03:51 PM) [snapback]364294[/snapback]
Jacky,

I heard MSG channel pulled out??
thats a shame.

Im in London, so ill be watching it Live via Setanta , i cannot wait..
Ill try my best to do Round by Round!!

Thank you!

This fight has drawn more interest than some might believe. Sucks that MSG pulled out. I would guess that this means Fox Sports won't be doing a tape delay. Glad that at least some of our UK users will be able to see it!

Jack
moscow bear
I will be there in the stadium........but if Setanta has it, Streamtv will have it as well.
Southeastpaw
I WANNA SEE THIS FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIT!!!!!!!
gods son
FH is acting mad slow!!!!

the fight will be on 5 mins..

gods son
Round 1

.Haye boxes in circles. Lands some jabs and some nice hooks to the bodies. Mormeck very tight and doesn't throw much. Lands some decent right leads at the end. Haye's round.

haye 10
mormeck 9
gods son
Round 2

R2....Mormeck dominates first half as he pushes forward. 2nd half Haye boxes better on the back foot but his hands are low and eats some good right and left hooks against the ropes. Haye lands some nice body shots. Mormeck's round.
gods son
ROUND 3

Haye keeps feeling out with a pawing jab, no sting behind it. JMM keeps catching Haye with right hands. Haye lands a decent combo in the last 10 seconds. Hard round to score, both had their moments, I'll call it even.

29 - 29 EVEN
gods son

ROUND 4

Mormeck keeps backing Haye up without throwing too much, Haye is conceding centre ring far too easily.

HAYE IS DOWN!

Got caught going backwards.

Mormeck catches him with a couple more vicious right hands.

10 - 8 round for Mormeck

39 - 37 MORMECK
gods son
Round 5

Haye lands a good left hook to start and Haye is looking to fight more aggresively after the knockdown.

JMM lands and uppercut followed by a right but Haye doing more.

Mormeck comes on strong in the last minute as Haye's work rate drops and lands some clean shots.
Mormecks round

49 - 46 MORMECK
gods son
ROUND 6

JMM doesn't really do much in this round. Haye takes it by working more with his jab and throwing in the body shots.

58 - 56 MORMECK
gods son
Round 7

ROUND 7

Haye unloads and MORMECK IS DOWN! IT'S OVER! HAYE WINS BY TKO AS THE REF STOPS IT!

wo wo wow what a turn around!!!

Michigan Assassin
Thanks for thr RBR. I wanted to see this fight so damn bad but I'm glad you were here for the updates.

I've never been that impressed with Mormeck, due mostly to his lack of stamina. He has a great looking body but more of a weight-lifer's physique and not someone who ever has anything left the further the fight goes.

Sounds like the fight lived up to expectations.
Maxy
Overall it was a pretty good performance from Haye. Shame its his last fight at Cruiser but if he's struggling to make the weight he's got no option but to move up.

His defense is a worry. He's totally open to the right hand as he leaves his left by his waist but he's got genuine power.
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(Maxy @ Nov 10 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]364396[/snapback]
Overall it was a pretty good performance from Haye. Shame its his last fight at Cruiser but if he's struggling to make the weight he's got no option but to move up.

I remember reading a few fights ago Haye said he was gonna come get the Cruiser title and then immediately move to Heavy. I haven't seen too many of his fights but I'm sure he's been thinking about chasing the heavyweight dollars.

Sounds like his frame is certainly more condusive for the heavyweight division and his punch seems like it would carry at least decent power against the heavyweights.

Hopefully he starts getting put on US tv soon so I can see more of him in action.
Maxy
The 7th round
Jack 1000
Thanks for the RBR!

Great come from behind KO!

Jack
Michigan Assassin
That last right that he hit him with on the way down was a huge shot. Nice way to finish off, if the ref hadn't of stopped it Mormeck may have got his head knocked off.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Maxy @ Nov 10 2007, 06:09 PM) [snapback]364400[/snapback]

Thanks. Wow, he got some serious power in that right hand!
flazi
that right hand was devastating. Haye has the body for a heavy and the punch but i would love to see him dominate cruiser for a while, at least another year and beat Bell and cunningham then move up. Is it me or does Haye have freakishly long arms?
blackbelt2003
Wow...terrific win for Haye.

Actually, i was more disappointed with Mormeck than I was impressed by Haye. Having seen most of his earlier title wins and the loss to Bell I have to say the Bell fight seems to have taken something out of him. I haven't seen the Bell rematch but the consensus view is that he got on his bike to win.

Where was the tenacity and workrate he showed against Hill and Braithwaite? He looked very tentative. Maybe it was down to Haye's power, which although Mormeck avoided early on he surely would have felt it behind his gloves and arms.

Haye is the biggest non-heavyweight puncher in the world, I think that's a given now. Only O'Neil Bell can rival that claim. It's a shame he has to move up to heavyweight. I'd love to see a fight with Steve Cunningham or Enzo Maccirinelli before he does move up...but you gotta do what you gotta do. It would be a shame if he killed himself to make weight just once more and it all backfired.

Black
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.