Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fastest hands P4P of all time
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutalBodyShots
I remember 6 or 8 months ago we did a list of current fighters with fast hands where guys like Pacquiao, Mayweather and Judah were mentioned. I wanted to compile a list now of fighters with the fastest hands P4P of all time. Who do you think should be on it? In no particular order, here are some boxers I feel deserve to be mentioned:

Ray Robinson
Ray Leonard
Meldrick Taylor
Ali
Floyd Patterson
Roy Jones
Mosley
Terry Norris
Camacho Sr.
Pernell Whitaker

Obviously we're talking in prime form BTW.

BigG
Id say a prime Roy Jones Jr. is the fastest there ever was but the 3 "Sugars", Meldrick Taylor, and Floyd are certainly up there.

1. Roy Jones
2. Meldrick Taylor
3. Sugar Ray Leonard
4. Sugar Ray Robinson5
CyruS
First man that pops into my head is Meldrick Taylor
Snoop
Meldrick Taylor had ridiculous hand speed. His hands literally looked like a blur when he was boxing.
ghost13
Ed Hopson had some fast hands. To bad he didn't have a chin to go with them
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(ghost13 @ Nov 9 2007, 04:48 PM) [snapback]364293[/snapback]
Ed Hopson had some fast hands. To bad he didn't have a chin to go with them

I was just about to say him too, but yeah he sure had a glass jaw.

Meldrick Taylor had the fastest hands bar none!!!
STEVENSKI
When Pep let them go he was damm fast IMO. Hank Armstrong had some fast hands too.
Titlebelt
1. Meldrick Taylor

2. Ed Hopson

3. Roy Jones Jr.
mnvkng76
Ali

http://video.earwaxrecords.com/video/2a904...865014cfad0.htm

these are full power punches meant to hurt.. not for show
WolfishPromistah
"Meldrick Taylor had ridiculous hand speed. His hands literally looked like a blur when he was boxing. "

I love that statement because it's so true, and we're talking more modern technology, which allowed more clarity of image for a viewer to watch. To see Mel "still" punch in a seeming blurr, even with cameras being better, is quite the thing to be able to say for one's self. So he's got that much considered historically, even if not the win over Chavez in their equally historic first fight.
Southeastpaw
Since we are talking about speed and not greatness, call me crazy, but I have to go with Zab Judah. I think he is faster than Jones was even. I used to think that Floyd was the fastest current fighter until he fought Zab. Floyd is still a very fast fight, but Zab made the speed differential very obvious. I remember Meldrick and remember he was very fast as well, but from what I have seen up to date, it would have to be Zab. Love him or hate him, he is lightning fast. Too bad his head just isn't in the right place
kidbazooka1

Meldrick Taylor had the fastets hands that I've ever seen boxing, Johnny Tapia deserves to be mentioned aswell.
Maxy
Meldrick Taylor. His handspeed was fantastic.
Southeastpaw
Many are putting Ali up there. I would then put Tyson up there as well. As heavyweights go, I think that their speed was on par with eachothers.
JD
Meldrick Taylor.

Nobudius
Hopson is a good one.

I'll add some guys not mentioned.

Thomas Hearns
Kid Gavilan
Ismael Laguna
Michael Dokes
BigG
I was gonna mention Hearns...He had fast hands.
Method
No fucking WAY Hearns. No fucking way.

BrutalBodyShots
Zab Judah's speed can't be mentioned on par with the other names mentioned in this thread because the other names threw MANY punches in combination. Judah throws a hell of a fast shot, but it's one at a time. Once Judah learns how to throw combinations we can talk about his handspeed.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Method @ Nov 11 2007, 01:09 AM) [snapback]364591[/snapback]
No fucking WAY Hearns. No fucking way.

I agree with you.
BrutalBodyShots
Hearns was pretty quick P4P, but not top 10 material.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 11 2007, 11:23 PM) [snapback]364785[/snapback]
Hearns was pretty quick P4P, but not top 10 material.

If you count Hearns then Trinidad must be considered aswell.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Nov 12 2007, 12:44 AM) [snapback]364806[/snapback]
If you count Hearns then Trinidad must be considered aswell.

I certainly don't count Hearns. Not sure about everyone else.

Nobudius
Tommy's jab, and his one-two were FAST IMHO. Given his height & reach, it must be like a Randy Johnson fastball, where it looks much faster than it appears.

Joe Louis had fast hands.

Another guy is Corrie Sanders. It doesn't conjure up images of Jones or Camacho...... but his left hand is sneaky & pretty damn quick.

Donald Curry. Michael Nunn.
BigG
Curry was faster then hearns.....Curry could have achieved so much more.
Boxingjunkie
Hey lets not forget The Bean.

Boxingjunkie
Spyder
I'd say that Roy was the fastest ever. But coming in closely behind him would definitely be Meldrick Taylor. That man was ridiculous.
alaganza
Meldrick Taylor Definitely

Ali
Robinson
Whitaker - threw punches from the hip with accuracy
Roy Jones - Prime was one of the best athletes the sport has seen
Floyd
Prime Tyson - For a heavy he threw some of the fastest 3-5 punch combinations

moscow bear
Nasem Hamed had pretty fast hands
caneman
QUOTE(alaganza @ Nov 20 2007, 12:00 AM) [snapback]366145[/snapback]
Meldrick Taylor Definitely

Ali
Robinson
Whitaker - threw punches from the hip with accuracy
Roy Jones - Prime was one of the best athletes the sport has seen
Floyd
Prime Tyson - For a heavy he threw some of the fastest 3-5 punch combinations

not a bad list @ all & tyson was unreal & under rated on how fast he put his combos together...of course once he stopped talking like a bitch fighters learned to back him str8 up & it wasn't long before wasn't much anymore. and moscow is right, hamed did have fast hands but a slight step under these guys IMO!
Tha Docta
meldrick taylor was fast as all hell.

how bout zab judah? for all his faults, the guy has ridiculous handspeed. he made floyd look slow.
BrutalBodyShots
Judah's hand speed is just with 1 shot, not in combination. While his 1 shot may get there faster than just about anyone, he doesn't put his punches together enough to make any real use of his hand speed.

X3_Bazooka_X3
Meldrick Mutha Fuckin Taylor
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.