Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto 146 1/4 - Mosley 146 1/4
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD
Pictures forthcoming, but both dudes are in TIP TOP.

singletrack
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 9 2007, 01:48 PM) [snapback]364279[/snapback]
Pictures forthcoming, but both dudes are in TIP TOP.

Thanks JD! Read a Spanish article that Cotto was under yesterday so he actually got to eat last night.
Elijah
"When Miguel Cotto enters the ring to face Sugar Shane Mosley on Saturday night, he will do it on firm footing. The WBA welterweight champion will be wearing a super hi-tech boxing boot with a special sole made out of a Michelin rubber compound specifically designed to channel liquid away from the shoe to prevent Cotto's feet from slipping on the slick ring canvas advertisements that often cause boxers problems. In addition, the boot is supposed to provide maximum traction, allowing Cotto to firmly plant his feet before unleashing his power punches. Cotto's custom made gold shoes will feature Cotto’s signature logo and the Puerto Rican flag to honor his native country."
Elijah
"When Miguel Cotto enters the ring to face Sugar Shane Mosley on Saturday night, he will do it on firm footing. The WBA welterweight champion will be wearing a super hi-tech boxing boot with a special sole made out of a Michelin rubber compound specifically designed to channel liquid away from the shoe to prevent Cotto's feet from slipping on the slick ring canvas advertisements that often cause boxers problems. In addition, the boot is supposed to provide maximum traction, allowing Cotto to firmly plant his feet before unleashing his power punches. Cotto's custom made gold shoes will feature Cotto’s signature logo and the Puerto Rican flag to honor his native country."
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Elijah @ Nov 9 2007, 02:52 PM) [snapback]364283[/snapback]

haha - so maybe if Mosley loses his backers will point to Cotto's booties as being the deciding factor - much like Pacquiao's gloves against Morales I.

JD

Snoop
This is going to be a great fight. Can't wait...
singletrack
Man, it's amazing how much bigger these guys get when they carb up. Can't wait for the fight!

Miguel me parece un poquito serio, cuidado Shane! : P
PR316
Both look in top shape. Leaning towards Mosley via decision or possible stoppage. Could go either way.
X3_Bazooka_X3
The only reason this is a pick em fight is because Shane is older, but he can still fight and fight well his speed will be the key so will his boxing skills, if he trys to bang with Cotto he will pay for it in the end, I see a great fight here Cotto is more than likely going to hit the deck the question is, if that does happen in this fight, does he have enough ring smarts to avoid being stopped by shane? Shane is a great finisher and if he hurts Miguel or drops him Shane will finish the fight.
But I see something new happening here, Cotto will make shane fight, he will attack that body and he will IMO win as long as he keeps the fight close on the inside, Shane has not shown great power in close, its always been on the tail end of his shots, so if Cotto stays close and rips the body he will break shane down and stop him late, Remember Forrest beat shanes ass in NY in their first fight and I remember in the later rounds a few body shots that Forrest landed that hurt shane badly, Shane better be careful in there.
Honestly who cares who wins we already know this is a great fight so in reality the fans win this one.
AussieLad
I like both these fighters, so i dont mind who wins. I just want whoever it is to get a shot at floyd.

I'm going with mosely
Douchebag
Cotto looks Dehydrated as fuck.
Douchebag
dbdbdb
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Nov 9 2007, 09:26 PM) [snapback]364313[/snapback]

Cotto always looks like he's on death's bed at weigh-ins. Then the night of the fight "WHAM" he looks healthy again and about 20lbs heavier.

I am looking forward to this fight ............. Finally a battle worth the hype clapping.gif
WolfishPromistah
Has Oscar planned to fight someone? He looks cool and tighter [in more fitting shape] than other times, like he's been working out while not fighting. I heard that Shane has been doing it more so lately, even before this fight. I think "Hops" is rubbin' off on his younger business partners.
Snoop
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Nov 10 2007, 01:56 AM) [snapback]364309[/snapback]
I like both these fighters, so i dont mind who wins. I just want whoever it is to get a shot at floyd.

I feel the same way. I'm pretty much waiting to see who I'm going to be rooting for against Floyd.
kidbazooka1
They both look in great shape this should be a FOTY candidate.
JD
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Nov 9 2007, 09:26 PM) [snapback]364312[/snapback]

Not at all. I think he looks better than I have seen him at just about any weigh-in.
Snoop
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 10 2007, 06:04 AM) [snapback]364342[/snapback]
Not at all. I think he looks better than I have seen him at just about any weigh-in.

Agreed. I remember when he was still fighting at 140 (forgot which fight) but he came in looking damn near like a corpse. A HUGE improvement from those times IMO.
BrutalBodyShots
We have not seen Mosley look down at a guy at a weigh in (albeit only a little) since he fought Adrian Stone YEARS ago.

Snoop
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 10 2007, 07:43 AM) [snapback]364353[/snapback]
We have not seen Mosley look down at a guy at a weigh in (albeit only a little) since he fought Adrian Stone YEARS ago.

What do you think that's going to say about the fight? Or is it just an observation?
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 10 2007, 03:56 AM) [snapback]364361[/snapback]
What do you think that's going to say about the fight? Or is it just an observation?

Simply that if Cotto beats Mosley he will have been beaten by someone quite different than those that have beaten him prior. Forrest and Wright were taller guys known to have great jabs. Aside from those 2 opponents, Mosley also had trouble with DLH - again a taller guy with an excellent jab.

Cotto is a shorter guy with a good, but not great jab. If he is able to beat Mosley, which he is slightly favored to do, he will have beaten Mosley in a way he has not been beaten before. Either outcome should be exciting and as fans we will see something new - Cotto lose or Mosley lose a different way.

Southeastpaw
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 10 2007, 01:16 AM) [snapback]364344[/snapback]
Agreed. I remember when he was still fighting at 140 (forgot which fight) but he came in looking damn near like a corpse. A HUGE improvement from those times IMO.

That was the Malignaggi fight. He looked like a zombie in that fight. Literally.
neophyte7
I just cannot see Cotto winning this fight. Ricardo Torres fought on two weeks notice and nearly had him out. His win over Judah has created an aura invinvicibilty that is going way too far. Judah had been terribly inactive and definitely had Cotto seriously buzzed a more than one occassion in their bout. Shane Mosley has the speed and power to win this fight. I admit that Cotto brings a great body attack, but Shane hits hard and quick with counters to temple area... Cotto is in for a treat win he comes with that kamikaze style tonight...
neophyte7
I just cannot see Cotto winning this fight. Ricardo Torres fought on two weeks notice and nearly had him out. His win over Judah has created an aura invinvicibilty that is going way too far. Judah had been terribly inactive and definitely had Cotto seriously buzzed a more than one occassion in their bout. Shane Mosley has the speed and power to win this fight. I admit that Cotto brings a great body attack, but Shane hits hard and quick with counters to temple area... Cotto is in for a treat win he comes with that kamikaze style tonight...
neophyte7
Snoop
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Nov 10 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]364384[/snapback]

I have to agree with most of this. I think we have overrated Cotto's win over Judah to an aura of invincibility. For one, like you said, Judah was coming off a LONG layoff of inactivity. Let's not forget about the two devastating nut shots that Cotto threw. I know many are going to respond with "Oh those didn't cost him the fight", and maybe you're right, but unless you've been hit with two nut shots in a championship fight and won afterwards, I think all of us can only speculate.

And it wasn't that they necessarily cost him the fight, they messed up the momentum he had at the time. He did have Cotto seriously buzzed and possibly hurt early in the fight and had those nut shots not come in, maybe he would have been able to mount something on that attack.

Now let's also not forget the weak mentality of Zab Judah. He tends to get discouraged if he doesn't have his opponent out or on the way out in 4 or 5 rounds. Mosley is not like that. He'll keep on fighting to win til the last bell. He posses similar speed to Judah and much more punching power. That plus a strong mind will probably bring him to the W tonight. Unless of course some more nut shots are thrown in the mix.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 10 2007, 04:35 PM) [snapback]364394[/snapback]
I have to agree with most of this. I think we have overrated Cotto's win over Judah to an aura of invincibility. For one, like you said, Judah was coming off a LONG layoff of inactivity. Let's not forget about the two devastating nut shots that Cotto threw. I know many are going to respond with "Oh those didn't cost him the fight", and maybe you're right, but unless you've been hit with two nut shots in a championship fight and won afterwards, I think all of us can only speculate.

And it wasn't that they necessarily cost him the fight, they messed up the momentum he had at the time. He did have Cotto seriously buzzed and possibly hurt early in the fight and had those nut shots not come in, maybe he would have been able to mount something on that attack.

Now let's also not forget the weak mentality of Zab Judah. He tends to get discouraged if he doesn't have his opponent out or on the way out in 4 or 5 rounds. Mosley is not like that. He'll keep on fighting to win til the last bell. He posses similar speed to Judah and much more punching power. That plus a strong mind will probably bring him to the W tonight. Unless of course some more nut shots are thrown in the mix.

Good point about the nut shots. Think about it. Think about any fights where there were some serious nuts shots thrown and landed. In the fights that I can think of off the top of my head, which are: Tszyu/Hatton, Cotto/Judah, and Tito/Vargas, th recipient of the nut shot lost the fight. I also think of Golota/Bowe, but in those cases Andrew was DQed.

I know there are many other fights that I cannot think of off the top of my head, but the only one's I could think of were those with the same outcome. Hmmmmmmmm.
Snoop
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 11 2007, 12:25 AM) [snapback]364407[/snapback]
But you could also argue that since Mosley has had those wins against Vargas, gives people the impression that we have a rejuvenated guy who is back. When in fact he beat a very bad and fat junior middle who is so bad, he is now fighting at a catchweight of 166.
You can make arguments for either guy, but this is going to be close. Cotto will get this in a close one IMO.

But he also beat a younger, supposedly faster, up and coming welter in Collazo. I guess you could make the argument that Collazo wasn't that great to begin with too though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.