Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto vs. Mosley: Round by Round/Postfight
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jack 1000
This thread is for all of the on-going round by round action and post fight reactions to the Cotto-Mosley World Welterweight Championship Fight. Please keep all responses in this thread.

The undercard begins at 8:00 PM (CST) on PPV. We will provide a separate thread for the undercard action.

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
Cotto TKO 10 in a war! What's everyone's final call?

Jack
The CEO
That's a popular pick, Jack...but I'm gonna add a round...Cotto TKO 11.

Hope I get back for the RBR...
BigG
Hmmmmm..it's a close one. Both are gonna take a beating in this fight...I mgiht lean towards Mosley by close decision.
imperial
A fight where its hard to root for either guy ..I like Mosley on pts ..But if Cotto wins who could honestly be mad at that ?

WAR MOSLEY !
BigG
Its here guys! Ill just give out my scorecard..I dont wanna have to get into details..wanna enjoy the fight more.
Southeastpaw
Cotto is known for his body punches, but the I believe there is going to be a bit of irony in this fight. Watch for Cotto getting a bit of his own medicine tonight. Mosley has got some vicious body shots of his own.
Romulus9
Shane has one more classic performance left. 115-113 Mosley... in a split decision classic that will be up for discussion for a long time.
thehype
FYI...our LIVE round by round can now be found on the front page.

Here's the link:

COTTO VS. MOSLEY
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyround1285.html

The page automatically refreshes after every minute.

If someone just wants to copy and paste the results in here, please feel free to.
gods son
fighst ends within 7 rounds..Shane wins TKO.

Thegreatequalizer
i'm going with mosley tko 9
Richter
Cotto KO Mosley 4-5 or 9 - 11 rounds
AussieLad
Mosely by TKO round 10
Richter
Cotto looks pretty fine)
The Original MrFactor
This fight looks soooooo much like a smaller Holyfield/Tyson 1... Good fight so far...
The Original MrFactor
after 6, its even, but Mosley is starting to look a bit weathered.
The CEO
Any swelling on Mosley's face?
Richter
Cotto is breaking Mosley little by little
salvador
Watching Mosley bounce really makes him look old.
The CEO
Sounds like a battle of wills...
The Original MrFactor
a case can be made for a draw here...
dbdbdb
Great argument for a DRAW ......... Both left it all in the ring.
Richter
I realy liked Cotto better
AKay
Jim Lampley is a Dick.
Nuff said.
neophyte7
Shane won the bout. Cotto did not look like a wrecking ball. Shane could have let his hands go enough. Mayweather will eat Cotto who Shane nuetralized. His body attack was not much and Shane bullied him around. I don't see Mayweather having any problems with Cotto after he punished Hatton. 116-111 for Cotto? Cotto was on the retreat the last 4 rounds.
Richter
Some trouble seems to be =\
The CEO
Huge win for Cotto...bumps him up a spot or two in the Top 10 P4P list...and Shane proves he still has it and can continue fighting the best....watching this fight first thing in the morning!
namor
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Nov 11 2007, 12:01 AM) [snapback]364545[/snapback]
Shane won the bout. Cotto did not look like a wrecking ball. Shane could have let his hands go enough. Mayweather will eat Cotto who Shane nuetralized. His body attack was not much and Shane bullied him around. I don't see Mayweather having any problems with Cotto after he punished Hatton. 116-111 for Cotto? Cotto was on the retreat the last 4 rounds.

Shane is way pass his prime.He should retire.His speed,coordination and accuracy was`nt there.

Cotto might have been holding back.or he was hurt ,who knows
Fitz
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Nov 11 2007, 04:01 PM) [snapback]364545[/snapback]

116-113 not 111.

Did you think Cotto was going to wreck Mosley like he did against Judah? I wouldn't hold it against Cotto for not looking like a 'wrecking' ball against Mosley, not many guys would.
Another surprise was that Mosley never seriously hurt Cotto once throughout the fight.
PR316
I would have scored the fight a draw honestly. Good win for Cotto, though. But a PRIME Mosley would have butchered him.
Fitz
There you have it. Mosley isn't even complaining about the decision. he said it could have been a draw or slightly Miguel. Just incase anyone wants to start on Mosley getting robbed. You's can stop right there now and shut up laugh.gif
JD
I had it a draw.
Southeastpaw
Draw.

Cotto said he was playin it safe. lol

Mosley may have lost the fight, but he won the war of will in that fight. Mosley should take this as a personal win if anything. I see him as the winner to tell you the truth, even though I had it a draw......if that makes any sense.
The Original MrFactor
The 9th round was one of the strangest I've seen Cotto fight in. Mid round, he went from calculating stalker to damn near quiting. That was the round that really changed the fight. The arguments for a Mosley win, seem to really begin there.

Cotto's excuse was horrible... he said that he thought he had the fight won!!!! in the 9th!!!!
Mean Mister Mustard
I had Cotto winning a close but clear-cut decision. He won some of the early and most of the middle rounds. Shane did not let his hands go enough and Cotto took advantage. I've never seen Shane's face look like that before.
The Original MrFactor
Mosley's post fight was CLASS all the way. I admit I was wrong about Mosley. He still has something in the tank. Either one of these guys would beat the winner of next month's bout...
namor
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Nov 11 2007, 12:12 AM) [snapback]364554[/snapback]
The 9th round was one of the strangest I've seen Cotto fight in. Mid round, he went from calculating stalker to damn near quiting. That was the round that really changed the fight. The arguments for a Mosley win, seem to really begin there.

Cotto's excuse was horrible... he said that he thought he had the fight won!!!! in the 9th!!!!

My prediction was Mosley even though even though i did`nt say anything on this board,but i thought Cotto won clearly but it was a close fight.
frankypc
OMG is it never enough? Cotto boxed the boxer and won the fight, he jabbed constantly and tagged the shit out of mosley with it. And in the last rounds he decided to stick and move, and be smart about it. Whats wrong with that?

Also Mosley is a strong strong fighter, and smart too so i cant blaim cotto for taking it easy in the last rounds.
PR316
Cotto was definitely hurt by a left hook I think in the 9th round. That plus the sheer exhaustion of fighting at such an intense pace and Mosley still chasing him after all Cotto dished out to him, wore on Miguel in those last rounds. I think Mosley succesfully neutralized Cotto's body attack and thats why he was able to come out of the fight not having taken a terrible beating.
BigG
Shane won the bout? laugh.gif

All I saw Mosley do was hold and unload a big right hand.

Cotto outlanded him in almost every round.

Thank god we didnt have a 2nd robbery tonight.

One Golden Boy fighter recieved a gifr in Casa...thank god Mosley didn't win this.

he man knew he lost...just look at his face after the fight.

VIVA COTTO!!!!
namor
Im beggining to think that Cotto held back cause he did`nt want to hurt mosley seriously.
gods son
QUOTE(AKay @ Nov 11 2007, 12:00 AM) [snapback]364544[/snapback]
Jim Lampley is a Dick.
Nuff said.

why what happened!???
i watched the UK feed!!!

PR316
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 11 2007, 05:19 AM) [snapback]364561[/snapback]
Shane won the bout? laugh.gif

All I saw Mosley do was hold and unload a big right hand.

Cotto outlanded him in almost every round.

Thank god we didnt have a 2nd robbery tonight.

he man knew he lost...just look at his face after the fight.

VIVA COTTO!!!!

The punch stats actually favored Mosley, even in the power shot category.

But Cotto's punches did carry more authority. I think thats why Cotto got the decision.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(PR316 @ Nov 11 2007, 12:25 AM) [snapback]364566[/snapback]
The punch stats actually favored Mosley, even in the power shot category.

But Cotto's punches did carry more authority. I think thats why Cotto got the decision.

Punchstats dont really tell the story here. One guy can land 500 punches in 1 round and nothing the rest of the night while his opponent land 25 punches per round and walks away with an 11-1 victory. However punchstats tell a very different story one guy landed 500, while the winner landed 300.
BigG
I'm sorry dude, HBO punch stats are just 2 nerds at ringside counting the punches they see. I dont score fights based on punchstats. I personally saw 1 fighter in command most of the way. And it wasnt Shane.

COtto to me, landed combinations to the body and head and Mosley for the most part was 1 punch at a time. He landed few great right hands and uppercuts, but I just dont believe Mosley outlanded Cotto because to me Mosley looked like he just wanted to circle, pepper him with a few jabs and throw his big right hand which landed a few times. I had it 8-4 for Cotto. No way Shane won this fight.
The CEO
Hey, Big G...is Cotto a beast?

laugh.gif
BigG
I think Floyd beats Cotto 147 below. And MAYBE Williams because of ridiculous height advantage (5'6 and a half vs. 6'3). I cant see anybody else.
thehype
FightHype scored it a draw:

PREFIGHT
WOOOOOOOO. One of the most highly aniticipated matchups of the year has finally arrived and New York is buzzing with excitement. Not even the media is immune from the hustle and bustle of the crowd as reporters are forced to stand outside in a 2-hour line just to pick up their credentials for tonight. Sounds of Reggaeton can be heard pumping through the Garden as the fans in attendance wait for the fighters to come out. The challenger, "Sugar" Shane Mosley, enters first looking relaxed and happy to be fighting tonight as he smiles and plays to the crowd...and what do you know...he and his team are wearing Affliction shirts. He also has a nice robe that pays homage to the late, great Diego "Chico" Corrales. The champion, Miguel Cotto, enters next and the crowd erupts with excitment. Cotto looks serious...ready for a war. "For the thousands in attendance and the millions watching around the world...ladies and gentlemen...dames and caballeros...LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEE!"

ROUND 1
Mosley comes out pawing with the jab. Two shots to the body land for Mosley. Jab to the body lands for Mosley. Mosley misses with a wild right hand. Cotto lands a jab. Cotto lands another jab. And another. Cotto landing the jab pretty easily. Mosley looking to counter. 1-2 lands for Mosley. Stiff jab lands for Cotto. Cotto lands a right. Another jab lands for Cotto. 1-2 lands for Cotto. Left hook lands for Cotto and the crowd roars. Left hook to the body lands for Cotto and Mosley just watching. Quick left lands for Cotto. Nice left hook and an uppercut land for Cotto inside. Hard right hand lands for Mosley to end the round. Round to Cotto who looks really strong and quick in there.

Cotto 10 Mosley 9

ROUND 2
Both men trade punches to the back of the head. Now they both land low and the ref warns them. Right hand to the body lands for Mosley. Cotto lands a jab. Cotto lands two jabs. Mosley lands his jab now. BIG right hand lands for Cotto upstairs. Left hook lands for Cotto. They trade upstairs. Mosley pawing with the jab, but Cotto lands a quick, stiff one. HARD uppercut lands for Mosley inside. Cotto lands a left. Mosley winding up and trying to land bombs, but just falling short. WOOOO...hard right hand from Mosley snaps Cotto's head back. Now Mosley pressers forward and pushes Cotto to the ropes. Cotto is game though and lands some quick jabs. Mosley lands a right. The action is heating up. Round to Cotto for the early work, but Mosley is turning the heat up.

Cotto 20 Mosley 18

ROUND 3
Both men trading jabs to start the round. Mosley lands a right. Cotto lands a left to the body. Mosley lands a hard right to the body himself. Cotto lands a jab. Mosley lands a jab. Left hook lands for Mosley. Cotto lands an uppercut on the inside. Mosley lands a right upstairs. HUGE right hand lands for Mosley...and another. HARD right to the body lands for Mosley. Cotto lands a left hook usptairs. 1-2 lands for Cotto. They trade jabs. Nice uppercut lands for Mosley. Stiff jab lands for Mosley. Cotto lands a left hook. Left hook lands for Mosley. They wrestle on the inside. Right to the body lands for Cotto. They trade big left hooks. Cotto lands another one, but eats a HUGE right hand from Mosley. Now Cotto lands a right. Cotto lands a right. 1-2 lands for Mosley to end the round. Good round. Round to Mosley.

Cotto 29 Mosley 28

ROUND 4
Right hand lands for Mosley. Cotto lands two left hooks. Another left hook lands for Cotto. They trade on the inside. Mosley rakes two right hands upstairs. Nice uppercut lands for Mosley. Nice left hook to the body lands for Cotto. 1-2 lands for Cotto. Stiff jab lands for Cotto. Right hand to the body lands for Mosley. They trade jabs. NICE three-punch combo lands for Cotto. Three right hands in a row land for Mosley. Both men throwing and landing bombs. Three-punch combo lands for Cotto. Left hook from Cotto stiffens Mosley's legs. Mosley lands a left hook. 1-2 for Cotto lands. Big right hand lands for Mosley. Cotto lands a left hook in the clinch. Good round. Mosley slightly outworked in this one though. Round to Cotto.

Cotto 39 Mosley 37

ROUND 5
Hard left hook lands for Mosley. Cotto landing his jab. The fight settling down now as both men take a breather. Jab lands for Cotto. Quick straight right lands for Mosley. HARD uppercut lands for Mosley. 1-2 to the body lands for Cotto. Mosley has his mouth open a bit. HARD right to the body land for Mosley. 1-2 to the body lands for Cotto. Left hook lands for Cotto. Big right lands for Mosley. 1-2 to the body lands for Cotto. Right upstairs lands for Mosley. Cotto outworking Mosley on the inside. Uppercut lands for Mosley. Right to the body lands for a relentless Miguel Cotto. HUGE 1-2 lands upstairs lands for Cotto. 1-2 lands for Cotto again. Mosley lands a right. BIG uppercut lands for Cotto and Mosley digs a devastating hook to the body. Round to Cotto who's outworking him right now.

Cotto 49 Mosley 46

ROUND 6
Cotto pressing forward. Mosley looking to counter. 1-2 lands for Cotto. Mosley lands a right. Mosley looking a little tired in there. GREAT right hand lands on the inside for Cotto. Cotto lands another one. 1-2 to the body lands for Cotto. Stiff jab lands afor Cotto and Mosley up on his toes on the retreat. Shane taking some punishement in there right now. Left hook lands for Cotto. Mosley on the retreat. Left hook lands for Cotto. Quick right hand lands for Cotto. Big round for Miguel Cotto. Mosley looks weary in there.

Cotto 59 Mosley 55

ROUND 7
Mosley's face is looking pretty swollen. Big right hand lands for Mosley. Jab lands for Mosley. Cotto presses forward and backs Mosley to the ropes. Left hook lands for Cotto. Right hand lands for Mosley. They trade on the inside. They trade jabs. Mosley doubles up and lands his. Big right hand lands for Mosley. Cotto lands a right of his own. Mosley holds on the inside. Cotto lands a right. Now Mosley lands a big right. Cotto is unfazed, presses forward and works the body. Mosley holding on. They trade jabs. Cotto works him on the inside. Round to Cotto.

Cotto 69 Mosley 64

ROUND 8
Mosley staying on his toes and boxing. Mosley lands two big right hands. Cotto lands his jab. Mosley on the retreat now and the crowd starts to boo. Cotto switches to southpaw and lands a left. Big right hand over the top lands for Mosley. Cotto lands two hooks and a jab. Mosley lands a left hook to the body. Cotto lands a right upstairs. Right hand upstairs lands for Cotto. They trade on the inside. 1-2 lands for Cotto. Very interesting round to score. Round to Mosley, but to be honest, it probably could have gone to Cotto too.

Cotto 78 Mosley 74

ROUND 9
Right to the body lands for Cotto. They trade on the inside. HARD 1-2 lands for Cotto. Now Cotto looking to counter. 1-2 lands for Cotto and he dances away. They trade left hooks. They trade on the inside. HARD left hook upstairs lands for Cotto and he dances away. Mosley lands a right as he walks him down. BIG left hook lands for Mosley who continues to walk him down. Cotto on the reatreat. The tide has switched. Mosley works Cotto along the ropes. This fight has changed. They trade to the body along the ropes. Mosley walking him down and lands a HUGE right hand over the top. Now he lands a left hook usptairs. Cotto fires back. Cotto reatreats at the sound of ten seconds. Cotto lands a left hook to end the round. Good round. Round to Molsey.

Cotto 87 Mosley 84

ROUND 10
Mosley coming out fast behind a quick jab. Cotto reatreats. Mosley walks him down and lands a right. Cotto looks hurt. HUGE right hand lands for Mosley. Cotto was wobbled. Mosley taking control of this fight. 1-2 lands for Mosley. Right hand lands for Mosley. Cotto lands a jab. Mosley lands another right. Now Mosley digs two vicious rights to the body. The crowd cheering "Mosley, Mosley, Mosley!" Mosley lands a right hand. Cotto retreats. Cotto fires back though and lands a left. They trade punches on the inside. Cotto getting the worst of it. NICE uppercut lands for Mosley. Left hook lands for Cotto. Now Cotto lands a 1-2 that backs Mosley up. Left hand from Cotto snaps Mosley's head back. Two big right hands land for Mosley to end the round. The crowd is on it's feet. Round to Mosley.

Cotto 96 Mosley 94

ROUND 11
They trade jabs. Cotto presses forward. Mosley lands an overhand right. Both men trading jabs. HARD left hook lands for Mosley. Left to the body lands for Mosley. HARD right hand upstairs lands for Cotto. Mosley lands a right. Now Cotto rakes him with a right. Two HARD left hooks to the body lands for Mosley. Mosley chopping him down to the body along the ropes. Cotto retreats. 1-2 lands for Mosley. Cotto lands a 1-2. Mosley answers with a thudding left hook to the body. They trade uppercuts along the ropes. Now Mosley lands two uppercuts. Mosley chasing him down and landing vicious shots to the body. HARD left hook from Mosley rakes Cotto along the ropes. Mosley just walking Cotto down looking to land bombs. Cotto lands a left at the end of the round. Mosley lands a right. Great round. Round to Mosley.

Cotto 105 Mosley 104

ROUND 12
Cotto lands his jab. They trade jabs. Mosley lands his jab. Mosley walking him down. Cotto on the reatreat. Now Mosley slips on some water in the corner. The action resumes. They trade on the inside. Left hook from Mosley partially blocked. Left hook lands for Mosley. Cotto lands a right. They trade jabs. Cotto on the retreat. Mosley walking him down. Mosley lands his jab. Blood from Cotto's eye now. Right hand lands for Mosley. 10 seconds left. Cotto retrets. Mosley chases. Neither man throws a punch. Round to Mosley.

Cotto 114 Mosley 114

Rematch?

Harold Lederman scores the bout 115-113 for Miguel Cotto

Official judges scorecards:

Glenn Feldman - 115-113
Wynn Kintz - 115-113
Peter Trematerra - 116-113

THE WINNER BY UNANIMOUS DECISION...STILL UNDEFEATED...AND STILL WBA WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD....MIGUEL COTTO

COMPUBOX NUMBERS

Cotto Total Punches: 248/675
Mosley Total PUnches: 248/774

Cotto Total Jabs: 98/288
Mosley Total Jabs: 71/439

Cotto Total Power Punches: 150/387
Mosley Total Power Punches: 177/335

POSTFIGHT
Miguel Cotto says that he felt he had the fight won in the ninth so he decided to stay away and outbox Mosley. He said whoever his fans want to see him fight next is who he'll fight. When asked about possibly fighting the winner of Mayweather-Hatton, Cotto replied, "I'm available for all the big names in the business. I'm not running from them!" Mosley says Cotto is very strong and that not only is he a strong puncher, but he's a good boxer as well. "I have to take my hat off to him. I thought it was a close fight. I take my hat off to Miguel, he's a great warrior!" Mosley said he was never hurt where he felt he was going to go down, but he was definitely buzzed a little bit in there. "I'm not getting any younger," Mosley stated as he talked about possibly putting his promoter hat on now to take a break. "This welterweight division is very tough, as you can see," he replied, but welcomed a potential rematch or a fight with either Hatton or Mayweather in the fuure.
BigG
I give Shane credit for staying in there. He's still one of the best.
The Original MrFactor
Kellerman was especially combative tonight. Must've been on his period. I really missed Larry Merchant's constipated commentary. he was truly missing...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.