Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto-Mosley Undercard Discussion/Results
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
This thread is for any and all comments about tonight's Cotto-Mosley undercard. If anyone wants to include round by round responses for the undercards in this thread, please do so.

Jack

Administrator
BigG
Yahoo Sports is shwoing the off-tv bouts free..

Billy Dibb from Australia is fighting now and he's undefeated in 16 fights vs. a tough looking veteran whos' 22-11.
BigG
Billy Dibb is very fast with a good style and he's bigger then this guy.

Dibb wins round 1 10-9. Jack Mosley is working the corner of Billy Dibb.
BigG
Mtgawa is doing ok the first minute and actually landing good shots but Dibbs has all the physcall advantages. Dibb fighting cocky with his left hand down the whole night.

This was a closer round but I guess Dibbs wins this round 10-9 I guess. 20-18 Dibb
BigG
Dibbs defensive flaws are showing Mtagwa caught with a few clean shots in the ropes. Mtagwa is winning this round...OHH BIG RIGHT by Mtagwa...good right by Dibbs..low blow by Mtagwa...Dibbs is cut BTW...Mtawga slips. I give it to Mtagwa

Dibbs 29-28.
BigG
Mtagwa throws Dibb down to start the round...ref warns him...Dibbs working more on fundamentals and is not acting like Roy Jones now. Dibbs wobbles Mtagwa with a combination...Dibbs fighting better..ohhh big body shot by dibbs..Dibbs best round so far..10-9 Dibbs

39-37 Dibbs.
BigG
Dibbs looks tired in the corner...

Good counter right by Mtagwa to start the round...Dibbs walks into a right again...good counter by Dibbs..left hook...Dibbs witha flurry...Dibbs with a pitty-pat flurry..good right by Mtagwa..solid....Dibbs might have done enough to win...I'll give it to him.

49-46 Dibbs. Mtagwas a tough guy
BigG
Good right by Dibbs and Mtagwa with a counter left hook.....coutner right to the body and left upstairs by Mtawga..counter right by Dibbs..right by Dibbs...Mtagwa unloads while Dibbs in the corner, all misses...right by Mtagwa to the body left uppercut counter by Dibbs..good lef thook by Mtagwa...right to the body by Mtagwa..left hook by Dibbs...flurry by Dibbs...I'll give it to Dibbs.

59-55 Dibbs.

Dibbs has all the physical advantages over this guy...speed, power, and size, but Mtagwa is a tough vet. Dibbs is amateurish but he's got a flashy style.
BigG
Round 7: Dibbs outboxing Mtagwa form the outside with jabs...Dibbs hurts Mtagwa..Good round by Dibbs so far...Probably Dibbs best round. Mtagwa seems tired. Ohhh big right by Dibbs..Mtagwa landed a few good punches I missed...(Just heard it from the commentator)..Mtagwa still coming..tough guy...Good round for Dibbs. Hes got this won.

69-64 Dibbs
BigG
Round 8: Last round..left hook by Mtagwa...Inside fighting...Dibbs lands an uppercut..right hand by Mtagwa..Dibbs just using his advantages scoring from the outside. right hand by Dibbs..Fight over...Dibbs wins.

79-73 Dibbs.

Good fight. Mtagwas a tough guy and Dibbs has potential but needs more experience.
BigG
Judges all have it 79-73 for Dibbs..
BigG
Woooo getting hyped up for the fight.....It's gonna be a war.
thehype
FYI...my LIVE round by round can now be found on the front page.

Here's the link:

ORTIZ VS. MAUSSA
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyround1304.html

The page automatically refreshes after every minute.

CASAMAYOR VS. SANTA CRUZ
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyround1302.html

MARGARITO VS. JOHNSON
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyround1303.html
BigG
*MAUSSA!!!! MAUSSA!!!! MAUSSA!!!!*

This kid Victor Ortiz seems like a good prospect. Lets see what he can do against "El Apostle".
BigG
Jim Lampley: "So its the southpaw style of Ortiz against the....uhhhhhhhhhhh....unusual unorthodox style of Carlos Maussa." laugh.gif
BigG
OH MY GOD MAUSSA IS DOWN. and its over.

Victor Ortiz KO 1 Maussa.

laugh.gif
BigG
Ortiz has power.

Maussa is done.
BigG
It's the Casamayor-Santa Cruz fight next.
salvador
I know I'm like a broken record, but I really feel boxing is damn lucky to have Lampley. That said, I really wanted to hear from Ortiz. Why bother building him up like that in the preview without letting him sell himself after such a great punch -especially against a guy who took some major shots against Harris. That's a serious flaw in the HBO plan.
BigG
Casa starts off with a flurry..santa cruz with a right...Casa moving and moving..Casa is DOWN!!! Off balance shot! He gets up..not hurt at all..Casa with a great left to the body..Santa Cruz throwing good right hands...>Casa working the body good....Casa looks old but still too slick for Santa Cruz...Casa is off balance sometimes..Good round..

10-8 for Santa Cruz...but it might've been 10-9 Casamayor had it not been for the off balance shot.
BigG
Replay shows it was a shot right at the eblow that knocked him down.
BigG
Round 2: Chess match...Casa with the edge.....Santa Cruz pounds the body in the clinch. Casa fighting a Hopkins like fight. This is a close round. Hmmm...I'll give the edge to Casamayor.

19-18 Santa Cruz
BigG
Round 3: Chessmatch...Casa flurries but it's blocked. Instersting note...santa Cruz was Casa's sparring partner for his fight with Chico. Casa is exactly like a little Hopkins in looks and in style. Close round....Edge to Santa Cruz I guess.

29-27 Santa Cruz
BigG
Round 4: Tactical fight...Casa with a left....the punch thats working for santa cruz is his right hand...Low blow by Casa.......Santa Cruz just a little busier but neither are landing cleanly. 10-10

39-37 Santa Cruz

Roun 5: Good flurry by Casa..not much power but lands a few lefts...Flurry by Santa Cruz...both guys seem pretty slow with not much power...Slick move by Casa..ducks under a hook....Casa is cut BTW...Good right hook to end the round by Casa...Hmmm another pretty close round..I'll give it to Casamayor

48-47 Santa Cruz

I'll say this though, If Casa doesnt step up he might lose a decision.

The Original MrFactor
Casamayor sux to watch. he's down by at least 6 rounds plus the knockdown.
BigG
Round 6: Santa Cruz lands a right...Casa with a good counterpunch..left hand..GOOD left hand by Casa......1-2 by Casamayor....Harold has Snata up 50-44 BTW....Exchange...Casa wins it. I'll give this round to Casamayor...but its close

57-57 Even
BigG
I give the 7th to Santa Cruz...but theses rounds are close

67-66 Santa Cruz..

Casamayor needs to step it up. Juan Diaz would absolutely destroy both these guys.
gods son
pacman would eat casa up!
BigG
I dont even know who won that round. Maybe Santa Cruz.

77-75 Santa Cruz
BigG
Casa might be a little close to shot....He used to be so fast and sharp
BigG
87-84 Santa Cruz
BigG
97-93 Santa Cruz...

BigG
Last round....

Casa needs a KO.
BigG
Cruz wins either 117-111 or 116-112.
gods son
no comment!!!!!
The Original MrFactor
WOW!!! Casamayor did not win a single round, yet got the decision. This was a HUUUUUUUUGE ROBBERY... The judges should be taken out and shot in the back of the head. this was terrible.
BigG
114-113 Casa
114-113 Cruz
114-113 Casa

CASAMYOR WINS!!!

I thought Cruz won...

Oh well, bring on Juan Diaz vs. Joel Casmayor......Diaz TKO in the late rounds NO DOUBT.
BigG
But you know there were alot of close rounds.....I'd have to watch the fight a 2nd fight.
Southeastpaw
The Casa/Cruz fight was like an episode of the Twilight Zone. Out of all the fights I have ever seen in my life, literally, that one defines the word, "corruption".
Southeastpaw
There was nothing close about that fight. Casa was running away, getting tagged, and lost. I actually gave Casa 2 rounds. That is all. Plus the first round was scored 10-8. Anyone who thinks those scores were even close to legit has issues with what the hell is going on with a fight.
salvador
Does anyone get the feeling that there's some kind of tension between Kellerman and Lampley?
BigG
WAR GOLDEN JOHNSON.
gods son
hahahhahah GANGSTER!!!
margareto was on FIRE!
Southeastpaw
Margarito would lose to Williams again and then take out his frustration in the same manner his very next fight. lol
BigG
Margarito floors Johnson...he gets up...margarito floors him again with a barrage...stop this shit already...he's down again....Margarito TKO 1

Okay, Margairto beat this old man.

Now lets get it on! COTTO vs. MOSLEY!
Southeastpaw
Now for the fight that matters.

I love both of these guys, but Mosley is gunna take this one.
pacco_diablo
This is a shady card. But I kind of like it. So much dirt. This card proves that money rules boxing.
Southeastpaw
LOL @ Margarito making demands after losing to Williams then taking out Golden Johnson of all people. This guy is funny.
pacco_diablo
Margarito looked a little like Paul Williams out there. Maybe Williams taught him a thing or two?
The Original MrFactor
Good, solid win for Tony. He's still the 2nd most feared guy in the division. If Cotto loses, he'd probably fight Tony. Mosley will go nowhere near Tony win or lose tonight. Tony may be in limbo again for a while. Zab Judah, where are you??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.