Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Casamayor = majorly delusional
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
Got this from another site. Removed the identifying aspects that would show here it came from, to not give them any pub. This is incredible. I admittedly didn't see the fight, but I have yet to find one person online are in articles that think this was anything more than a gift win for Casamayor and not only was Santa Cruz robbed, but that Casa shouldn't have even gotten more than maybe two rounds. And he's saying he won six of the last seven???

And smh at him dismissing a rematch as "not the biggest fight". You got your ass handed to you and suddenly you think everyone wants to fight your dumb ass?

===================

Can you give us some thoughts on your performance?

"I thought it was a mediocre performance for a fighter with my kind of ability. I had a thirteen month layoff, and I thought I got it going a little more in the sixth round. I had a year off before I fought with Kid Diamond and I didn't fight the way I wanted to, but I was in there with a good tough kid and now I'm looking forward to a big fight."

Do you think you won the fight?

Joel Casamayor: "Of course I think I won the fight. I think I won six of the last seven rounds. I think I had the flash knockdown in the first round which was a joke because I didn't get hit clean. I think I deserved to keep my title."

After a performance like that do you think the guys you've been calling out are going to be inclined to fight you?

JC: "You got to remember I had a thirteen month layoff. Maybe those guys look at me like I'm vulnerable right now. If that's the case come after me. I'm still waiting here to fight the best."

You've made it clear that you feel you were the victim of bad decisions in each of your previous losses. Does this decision, which HBO had you losing clearly, make up for any of those previous losses?

JC: "First of all, HBO hasn't had me winning in any fight that they've had me on. People have their own opinion. People could think I lost the fight that's their opinion. I think I won it. It was a close, tough fight but we're going to move forward and go back to the drawing board."

Will you give Armando Santa Cruz a rematch?

JC: "That's up to my promoter. I don't have a problem with it, but it's not the biggest fight out there. But if they're going to pay for it, I'll fight him again."

So you're hoping people who thought you looked vulnerable will want to fight you now, correct?

JC: "Yeah. I have to look at it that way. It was a tough fight, a lot of people thought it could have gone either way. I have to give Santa Cruz a lot of credit, he came to fight and fought to win. I feel I moved well, I was in great shape and I had him backing up the last few rounds."

You did quite a bit of backing up yourself, why didn't you look to sit there and trade with him more?

JC: "The game plan my trainer Joe Goossen gave me was to keep boxing and to stay on my toes, so that's what I did."

Do you regret any of your previous smack talking on (boxing site name removed) knowing you were going into this fight following a year layoff?

JC: "No way. I' m the type of fighter who steps up to my opponents level. Santa Cruz gave me a better effort than I thought he was capable of. And to be honest with you I think Santa Cruz would beat David Diaz and a lot of other guys. He's a tall lanky guy with a lot of range. I've bounced back before and I will do it again. I'm going to get right back into the gym and get ready for my next fight."

Is there anything you'd like to say in closing?

JC: "I want to salute all of my fans for tuning in and I'm looking to fight the best and I will be back in the ring soon."
Southeastpaw
I admittedly didn't see the fight, but I have yet to find one person online are in articles that think this was anything more than a gift win for Casamayor and not only was Santa Cruz robbed, but that Casa shouldn't have even gotten more than maybe two rounds.

There is at least one person on this very forum that thought there was nothing wrong with the outcome of that bout. Not me. I thought that was one of, if not, the most horrible decision I have ever seen. Literally.

I used to hate Joel, then I became a fan and actually defended him because of the lack of recognition he was seemingly getting. But now I just can't stand the dude. The fight was a fix, pure and simple. There is no way to justify those scores.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 12 2007, 11:59 PM) [snapback]364952[/snapback]
The fight was a fix, pure and simple. There is no way to justify those scores.

Agreed. Horrible decision that should be overturned IMO.
Lil-lightsout
I never could stand Casamayor, his running style irritates me and he is very dirty. Did I mention I can't stand this guy? Will somebody(Juan Diaz) give this guy a severe beating!
singletrack
It was hard to watch because a lot of people were walking in front of me, but from what I saw it looked like Joel lost by at least 2 or 3 rounds. I'll have to go back and watch the replay to really score it accurately. It was a REALLY ugly fight and people booed the decision and Casamayor when he was raised in the air.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Indeed it was a tough fight to watch. Casamayor had a really rough night, but in my opinion Santa Cruz didn't do that much better. I know everybody says its highway robbery, but i dont see it. There were a lot of close rounds in there, and I think there's an arguement that Casa could of won 6 or 7 of those rounds. If you give those close rounds to Santa Cruz though, you get a wide margin in the scoring. It was a close ugly fight.
Kyle
Fitz
I don't think Cruz won too many of the earlier rounds either. I thought the fight was close, but clear for Cruz in the end. Cruz wasn't all that great, in the first half he sucked big time as well. Chasing Casa around the ring doing nothing effective, it wasn't until the second half of the fight until he started doing something and started tagging Casamayor more frequently, it was when he switched to southpaw he started winning rounds a lot more clear.
Kijis Konar
I had the fight 118-110 for Santa Cruz. Casamayor got whooped.
Fitz
I wouldn't say he got whooped. On scorecards yeah maybe, but physically? Not even close. Like nothing much happened in that fight, it was so boring and Cruz barely did shit in the early rounds IMO. Cruz should of got the decision, but because of the quality of this fight, it doesn't really bother me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.