Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who should Mayweather fight if he defeats Hatton?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
xxxxxx
1.Cotto

2.De La Hoya

3.P.Williams

4.Mosley

5.Wright

6.Forrest

7.Margarito

8.Cintron

9.Spinks

10.Hatton rematch

I was gonna set up a poll, but I couldn't get it to work.Obviously it depends on how the Hatton fight plays out, but if he wins it convincingly people would prolly call for the Cotto fight and that's my pick.He would have a lot of options and any of these fights would be good ones.

BigG
COTTO! No other fight.
The Original MrFactor
Cotto or the winner of Williams/Cintron. Or for kicks, Margarito...
Snoop
A Hatton fight would really depend on how the fight goes. If it's a close, exciting fight, then Hatton would probably make sense, but we can't tell at this point.

Wright? WTF?

I think the most logical and likely choice is Cotto. There isn't enough reward in any of the other ones in comparison to Cotto. Well maybe DLH.

Fitz
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 13 2007, 05:43 PM) [snapback]365030[/snapback]
Wright? WTF?

A while ago Mayweather called out Wright. Wright showed that Mayweather was all bluff when Wright showed interest. Mayweather then shut up real quick and started making some stupid demands to get out of it.
buford54
I think he'll go for Cotto and then a DLH rematch.
I would most like to see him fight the winner of Cintron/Williams...well, primarily Williams.
I think that Williams has the style to beat Floyd...but Floyd won't take that fight. All risk, no reward.

At this point, he wants 8 figure paydays, and the only ones he'll get that with are Cotto and DLH.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(buford54 @ Nov 13 2007, 08:50 AM) [snapback]365039[/snapback]
I think he'll go for Cotto and then a DLH rematch.
I would most like to see him fight the winner of Cintron/Williams...well, primarily Williams.
I think that Williams has the style to beat Floyd...but Floyd won't take that fight. All risk, no reward.

At this point, he wants 8 figure paydays, and the only ones he'll get that with are Cotto and DLH.

I agree that Williams has the tools to beat Mayweather.If Mayweather did take this fight I believe he gains respect in the boxing world win or lose.
singletrack
Cotto. The BIG, SUPER-BIG, CRAZY BIG question in my mind is where will the fight take place? PBF fights out of Vegas and, most importantly, they use 10 ounce gloves vs. 8 in NY and CA. I would guess they'll say he is the top p4p, therefore Cotto is the challenger, so take it or leave it. It will be a much different fight with 8 vs. 10 ounce gloves. Who knows though, maybe it will make Cotto crazy aggressive because Floyd can't hurt him with the larger gloves : )
Snoop
QUOTE(Fitz @ Nov 13 2007, 07:17 AM) [snapback]365033[/snapback]
A while ago Mayweather called out Wright. Wright showed that Mayweather was all bluff when Wright showed interest. Mayweather then shut up real quick and started making some stupid demands to get out of it.

No I remember, but Wright is a Super Middleweight at this point. I HIGHLY doubt he could come down to 154, and Floyd shouldn't be fighting there in the first place. Even considering him now is ridiculous.
Douchebag
If Mayweather wins and he doesn't fight Cotto he is a bitch. Especially since he has always said how easy a fight it would be for him......
X3_Bazooka_X3
Cotto would be the biggest fight to make, I doubt he is interested in Williams or Cintron, Cotto would be the biggest fight out there for him that makes the most sense simply put it this way Floyds biggest win is over DLH, Cottos today is over Mosley a man who beat Oscar twice while Mayweather barely got a win over Oscar.
Snoop
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Nov 14 2007, 01:40 AM) [snapback]365113[/snapback]
Cotto would be the biggest fight to make, I doubt he is interested in Williams or Cintron, Cotto would be the biggest fight out there for him that makes the most sense simply put it this way Floyds biggest win is over DLH, Cottos today is over Mosley a man who beat Oscar twice while Mayweather barely got a win over Oscar.

Some would argue Cotto barely got a win over Oscar and even more would argue that DLH won the 2nd Mosley fight.

But overall I agree, it is the best choice.
Fitz
I think the best fight out there for Cotto is the obvious one, the winner of Mayweather/Hatton (most likely Mayweather). I know Cotto would take the fight, but I'm guessing Mayweather is the guy that would make things difficult. If Oscar is open to a Cotto fight, that is obviously the biggest fight out there (in terms of money and viewers), though no where near as important as a Cotto-Mayweather/Hatton fight, but I wouldn't blame Cotto if he opted for a DLH fight instead. Everyone else would take the chance to make some of that money against the Golden Boy and it's a very winnable fight for him which will put him on notice even more. Then if those fights fell through, I suppose he could go for a rematch with Mosley. A little risky, but if not much else is there, I think that should be his 3rd option. This would be my preference:
  1. Cotto-Mayweather/Hatton
  2. Cotto-DLH (This is basically all up to DLH)
  3. Cotto-Mosley II
Thegreatequalizer
i'm sure wright can still make jr. middle. he was calling out dlh for a fight at jr. middle not too long ago. but i think mayweather figured out when he fought dlh that, even though he won, jr. middle is getting into the danger zone, so i don't think floyd will be going up there to fight again.

obviously cotto is the money fight. that's got to be the logical fight for him. maybe he'll fight mosley before they both retire for historical purposes. williams does present floyd with a tough style match up. but obviously there isn't enough money in that fight for floyd to bother. same with margarito, unfortunately.

the other issue is will cotto fight floyd next? dlh could try to steal him away, since that would be a bigger fight with more money, and dlh is going back to 147 apparently.
Col Reb
I'd like to see PBF fight Williams. I think PW would have the best chance of beating him. Hopefully Cotto has a rematch with Mosley (I had it 115-113 Mosley).
Lil-lightsout
Definately Cotto, but if not, I wouldn't mind seeing Floyd beat up on Paul Williams because he is way overhyped and I am sick of hearing how some think he could beat Mayweather.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Nov 18 2007, 10:13 PM) [snapback]365893[/snapback]
Definately Cotto, but if not, I wouldn't mind seeing Floyd beat up on Paul Williams because he is way overhyped and I am sick of hearing how some think he could beat Mayweather.

Beat up on him? Do you really think it would be that easy of a night for Mayweather? Curious how you see that fight playing out if it went down.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 18 2007, 10:19 PM) [snapback]365897[/snapback]
Beat up on him? Do you really think it would be that easy of a night for Mayweather? Curious how you see that fight playing out if it went down.

Honestly, I am not terribly impressed with Williams at this point. What has he accomplished so far? Look at what Floyd has done, his experience will be a big difference in this fight. I do not see Mayweather having any problems with Paul at all. I see Floyd picking Paul apart, Paul was so gassed against Tony in the late rounds from throwing so many unnecessary punches in that fight. Also, with that long lean body of Pauls, Floyd will be able to tap that body all night long. I could see this fight being competetive for about four rounds, but after that Pretty boy counter punches him and picks him apart. Of course this is just my opinion.
BrutalBodyShots
I'm not saying I'm all too impressed with Williams... but his size alone regardless of talent is something that has to be overcome.

Boxingjunkie
Cotto! Definitly.

Boxingjunkie
Yucayeke
Cotto is the obvious fight, what else makes sense at this point?
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Yucayeke @ Nov 23 2007, 08:58 AM) [snapback]366638[/snapback]
Cotto is the obvious fight, what else makes sense at this point?

I'd like to see Mayweather face Williams just to see if he could overcome the tremendous physical advantages of Williams. I'd like to see Mayweather have to work through some adversity for once. Not to say he wouldn't have to against Cotto, but just from a physical standpoint he would have to against Williams.

buford54
I would like to see him fight Williams...but I am realistic enough to know that it won't happen. Too little money.
I guess I'll have to settle for Cotto. Mayweather has found 8 figure paydays to his liking and being that he already 'retired' once after the DLH fight...if there are no more 8 figure paydays to be had, will retire again.
I think he might fight Cotto, but if DLH snaps up a Cotto fight, then Mayweather will wait for the winner of that fight before he fights again. No way he reverts to fighting for mere 7 figures though.
streetlion1
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 23 2007, 11:21 AM) [snapback]366648[/snapback]
I'd like to see Mayweather face Williams just to see if he could overcome the tremendous physical advantages of Williams. I'd like to see Mayweather have to work through some adversity for once. Not to say he wouldn't have to against Cotto, but just from a physical standpoint he would have to against Williams.

Let the truth be told- the fight with williams will never happen and it shouldnt Floyd would pick him apart and have a TKO victory by rounds 7 or 8. He already showed that he is scared to fight Mosley. DLH has gone that road and wants someone else. He turned down 8 mil to fight Margarito. And when Larry Merchant asked about Cotto he didnt even want to talk about it! Floyd wants one more easy fight and he's out. I would say the most likely would be cintron or even Margarito-those would be the easiest fights for the over-rated duck-artist to take.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.