Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joan Guzman vs. Humberto Soto
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Picks? This is gonna be a great fight.

Elijah
Bout time someone made a post about this fight. It's certainly flying under the radar. This could potentially be a candidate for FOTY.

I like Guzman in this one. He's gonna have to box at his best and try not to get caught up in trading shots with Soto.

Guzman by UD.
kidbazooka1
Yup I think Guzman is gonna try and box I doubt he'll wanna stand there and trade with Soto.

I think this fight is pick em.
Michigan Assassin
I can see Soto controlling this fight. I haven't been as impressed with Joan since his move up. I don't think he has anything to keep Soto off of him.

Soto is a hard man to deter. He just keeps coming.

Soto TKO 10
Southeastpaw
Much like I was with the Cotto/Mosley fight at first, I'm kinda on the fence with this one. If I had to pick somebody, I would pick Soto. He has some seious momentum and is the more experienced.
Bazooka Limon
War Soto.
Mean Mister Mustard
I'm rooting for Soto but Guzman may be too fast and slick for him.
Lil-lightsout
Guzman all the way, I have always been impressed by Joan. One thing is for sure, this is gonna be one great fight!
BigJuicyHog
holy crap I found you bowingtalk forum! Anyways, I think Soto wins in a good scrap.
BigG
BigJuicyHog! welcome back...now join our WeBL region.

I think Guzman is gonna be WAY too quick for Soto the first 8 rounds....But Soto will start to really pressure Guzman in the late rounds. I think Guzman wins by close decision.

He didn't look too good in his last fight but I'm expecting him to come in RIPPED like he was for the Barrios fight....Toughest fight of Joan's career so far. The winner is a definitely a potential fight for Pacuqiao.
BigJuicyHog
Signed up as soon as I saw it:) Looking forward to some oldschool WEBL action!
Kijis Konar
QUOTE(Michigan Assassin @ Nov 14 2007, 01:28 PM) [snapback]365154[/snapback]
I can see Soto controlling this fight. I haven't been as impressed with Joan since his move up. I don't think he has anything to keep Soto off of him.

Soto is a hard man to deter. He just keeps coming.

Soto TKO 10

Agreed. I actually don't see anything truly special in Guzman.
Fitz
I too think Guzman is a little overrated. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good fighter, but not as good as some make him out to be. He tries to fight more slick than he really is. I think he is good, but not as good as some other people believe.
Snoop
I think Guzman was much more threatening at the lower weight classes. He has solid, slick boxing skills, just hasn't lived up the hype that's surrounded him.
BigG
Guzman was a monster at 122....He knocked out Agapito..something Marquez, Pacman, and Barrera couldn't do. but yes, he's lost power since he's moved up.
JD
Soto on the strength of him taking over the fight in the second half.
BigG
JD, you used to think Guzman was something special after the Agapito fight as well....Hes been an underachiever since that fight..
BigG

WOAH, I did not know Soto had such a big height advnatage. He looks about 5'9 in that pic.
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 15 2007, 09:27 AM) [snapback]365259[/snapback]
JD, you used to think Guzman was something special after the Agapito fight as well....Hes been an underachiever since that fight..

Yeah...I really did. I actually thought that Guzman would be the guy to take Pac out after he first annihilated Barrera, but the Sanchez fight was almost 4 years ago, and the guy has only fought 6 times since. He basically wasted his physical prime fighting solid contenders, but never being active enough, and never getting the big event - or even forcing the big names to fight him.

As he has settled in at 130, I think it is evident his power did not entirely come with him, and his stamina really bothers me.

The guy is skilled, flashy at times, and has good handspeed...but he is also easily distracted, and a bit of a front-runner. I think Soto will chip away after losing early rounds, and gain momentum as the fight goes on. I think Soto has the better power, he is not distracted in there, and he can nullify some of that speed with his height.

I do expect a very good fight.
Big Slim Sweet
I too expect Soto to score a late TKO after falling behind early.
BrutalBodyShots
BIG size difference in that pic. I didn't think it would be so pronounced.

Mean Mister Mustard
Is that Beecher from the show OZ on the right side of the pic?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.