Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fights with KOs from great combinations
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutalBodyShots
Not 1 punch KOs and not just a guy unloading nonstop to put a guy away, but 3+ punch combos that land cleanly and take a man out. Some that come to mind for me are:

Arturo Gatti KO2 Joey Gamache
Naseem Hamed KO4 Augie Sanchez
Mike Tyson KO1 Marvis Frazier
Buster Douglas KO10 Mike Tyson
Lennox Lewis KO2 Francois Botha
Bernard Hopkins KO4 Joe Lipsey

What else have you guys got?

BigG
Shane Mosley KO 4 Andrian Stone
Roy Jones Jr. TKO 6 Vinny Pazienza
Muhammad Ali KO 4 (or KO 3?) Big Cat Williams
Mean Mister Mustard
Brutal, are you saying combos that knock a man out cold or just stop them? If you mean either one then I'd say:

Roy Jones-Richard Hall

Marquez-Jandaeng

Margarito was putting together some nice combos when he stopped Cintron.

Cintron-Mathysse

caneman
brown vs pettway was unreal with brown KTFO & still throwing punches! http://youtube.com/watch?v=aD50v4kqPPc
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 17 2007, 01:55 PM) [snapback]365572[/snapback]
Brutal, are you saying combos that knock a man out cold or just stop them?

I wouldn't necessarily say knock them out cold, just multiple flush shots landed in combination that stops an opponent. I think these type of sequences are the most enjoyable to watch.

George, good call on Mosley-Stone. For some reason I get that fight mixed up with Mosley-Taylor. I can't recall, did Mosley finish off Taylor in similar fashion?

The Original MrFactor
Ali KO's Foreman

Leonard TKO's Hearns in their 1st bout

Floyd Mayweather vs Arturo Gatti(just sick)

Lennox Lewis vs Michael Grant

Wlad Klitschko vs Chris Byrd II(thought it was a 1-2, may have just been a 2)

***Special***

Dr J Throws a triple Jab Combo and connects with Larry Bird...

Imperius3
Corrales-Castillo I
DLH-Vargas
DLH-Mayorga
Trinidad-Campas
Green-Codrington
Morrison-Mercer
Pavlik-Taylor

More to come!
kidbazooka1
Chavez vs Haugen
Chavez vs Ali
Ricardo Lopez vs A. Sanchez
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Nov 18 2007, 04:55 AM) [snapback]365699[/snapback]
Ali KO's Foreman

Leonard TKO's Hearns in their 1st bout

Floyd Mayweather vs Arturo Gatti(just sick)

Lennox Lewis vs Michael Grant

Wlad Klitschko vs Chris Byrd II(thought it was a 1-2, may have just been a 2)
***Special***

Dr J Throws a triple Jab Combo and connects with Larry Bird...

What was so sick about Mayweather/Gatti all he was doing was just outpunching him he never put him on queer street or anything.
WolfishPromistah
Oh, I see Imperios3 added it. I was going to just say add Kelly Pavlik hitting Jermaine Taylor in the end. Those last few shots -- right "in" the corner, as Jermaine was at the angle before sagging down for good -- were put together swell. Immediately it came to mind 'cause we just saw it.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Nov 18 2007, 04:53 AM) [snapback]365707[/snapback]
What was so sick about Mayweather/Gatti all he was doing was just outpunching him he never put him on queer street or anything.

I thought it was agross mismatch on paper. It turned out to be just that. Floy landing combo after combo and Gatti not being able to get off.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(WolfishPromistah @ Nov 18 2007, 07:41 AM) [snapback]365717[/snapback]
Oh, I see Imperios3 added it. I was going to just say add Kelly Pavlik hitting Jermaine Taylor in the end. Those last few shots -- right "in" the corner, as Jermaine was at the angle before sagging down for good -- were put together swell. Immediately it came to mind 'cause we just saw it.

Since you added that one, let me add Ray Mercer vs Tommy Morrison.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Nov 18 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]365824[/snapback]
I thought it was agross mismatch on paper. It turned out to be just that. Floy landing combo after combo and Gatti not being able to get off.

Gatti wasn't able to get off because McGirt sent him out there to BOX with Mayweather. LMAO. Nominee for dumbest game plan ever in a fight: Send the superior puncher/past prime fighter with FAR lesser boxing skills out there to jab and box against the #1 P4P fighter in the world that has shown the vulnerability of getting buzzed by big shots and has had trouble (although limited) with pressure fighters (Chavez, Castillo, etc).

BrutalBodyShots

Pavlik/Taylor, DLH/Mayorga, DLH/Vargas, Corrales/Castillo I - these are examples of a fighter unloading non-stop and finally shots get through that stop the opponent. I was looking more for a single combination, punches all of which landed to put someone away.

Lewis/Grant? I've only seen the fight once but from what I recall it was a single Lewis uppercut with the right hand while he was holding down Grant's head with the left hand that ended that fight. How is that a combination?

STEVENSKI
Leonard vs Hearns.

Every time he lit up Tommy with a combo he was on queer street. He got knocked out 15 times in that fight.
Imperius3
How about:

Mayweather-Corrales: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SQ08H3PnLTA
Barrera-Fana: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8xRs-ugS3Gc
Hopkins-Lipsey: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ScRv9xzLeW8
Small collection from Tyson: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ud7fx7Sbt20
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 18 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]365848[/snapback]
Pavlik/Taylor, DLH/Mayorga, DLH/Vargas, Corrales/Castillo I - these are examples of a fighter unloading non-stop and finally shots get through that stop the opponent. I was looking more for a single combination, punches all of which landed to put someone away.

Lewis/Grant? I've only seen the fight once but from what I recall it was a single Lewis uppercut with the right hand while he was holding down Grant's head with the left hand that ended that fight. How is that a combination?

I could have been mistaken about Lewis/Grant. It may have been Lewis/Ruddock. One of the two, I remember a 1-2 and it was over.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Nov 18 2007, 07:56 PM) [snapback]365868[/snapback]

Barrera-Fana and Hopkins-Lipsey yes... Mayweather-Corrales was just 2 so-so right hands that put Corrales down... he was fine but his corner stopped it.

BigJuicyHog
I like your sig Mr. Mustard. American Psycho is one of my favorite movies.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 17 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]365577[/snapback]
Mosley-Stone. For some reason I get that fight mixed up with Mosley-Taylor. I can't recall, did Mosley finish off Taylor in similar fashion?

Mosley nailed Taylor right at the end of the 1st with a single right hand that looked like a guaranteed KO, but Taylor beat the count. The fight ended a few rounds later when Taylor's corner threw in the towel, though Taylor said afterwards he didn't remember anything past the knockdown. It's a great looking punch that's often shown in Mosley highlight reels, and it looks like a KO for sure, much like Lennox-Briggs. You'd never think from seeing just that clip that the guy could have gotten up.

I'll add Mike Tyson-Pinklon Thomas to the list. That was some kind of nasty.
Maxy
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Nov 19 2007, 03:09 PM) [snapback]366028[/snapback]
I'll add Mike Tyson-Pinklon Thomas to the list. That was some kind of nasty.

Yeah, 18 unanswered punches. Gotta include that one.
Tha Docta
mosley vs stone was nasty. but i think buster douglas's combo that put tyson out is the best.
BrutalBodyShots
I think the Gatti-Gamache KO is one of the sickest ever. All 3 shots land with full force.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.