Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guzman vs. Soto Round By Round/Postfight Results (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
This thread is for all discussion and round by round results of the Guzman-Soto WBO Jr. Lightweight Title Fight LIVE on HBO @8:45 PM CST. (A replay of Cotto Mosley is scheduled to open the telecast.)

IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION ABOUT SPOILER RESULTS!

Also, beginning today, I will TRY to include an approximate time that live calls for the pinned up fights are to begin. The reason for this is to minimize the risk of spoiler information being given out. Although we try to warn about spoilers inside of the thread, in the first post there might be some people who might not want to see or know any results until they have a chance to see the fight on their tapes, DVR's, or Tivos. Than users can decide if they want to see our live round by round or wait till they have a chance to see the fight they have recorded.

THE SPOILER WARNING WILL BE INDICATED AS AN APPROXIMATE TIME IN THE TITLE OR TOPIC DESCRIPTION IN THE THREAD FOR ALL TO SEE: THIS IS BASED ON THE APPROXIMATED BEGINNING LIVE CALL OF THE FIGHT. (Note that I am in the Central Time Zone.) Other staffers who choose to put up spoiler times, should be sure to indicate their own time zone.
For example, an 8:00 PPV undercard thread may have an 8:20 PM Spoiler Time in the Topic Title or Description. An HBO card, with a replay scheduled first at 9:00 PM may have a 9:45 PM Spoiler warning. MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR PROGRAM GUIDES AND THE FIGHT DISTRIBUTOR'S WEBSITE FOR INFORMATION AS WELL. ON VERY VERY RARE OCCASIONS, HBO HAS SHOWN A LIVE FIGHT FIRST FOLLOWED BY A TAPED CARD!!! I DVR ALL MY FIGHTS FOR LATER VIEWING. Users should notify us of any unusual circumstances such as this, by posting a reply in the round by round thread.

I hope that the notification of approximate spoiler times helps all of us. As always, let me know if anyone (users or staffers) thinks that this is a bad idea, and if people don't like it, we can go back to the old way. Enjoy the Fights!

Regards,

Jack

Administrator
Imperius3
I think Guzman wins a clear decision tonight. Guzman has good hand speed and a good beard, which should be enough to handle the aggressive Soto.
Kijis Konar
Soto by UD. Guzman has looked average at 130. Good defensive skills, but lacks the power and the stamina to deter or outlast Soto.
BigG
Mares is one of the best prospects in boxing......His fight is about to start.
BigG
Mares has quick hands...Larry is right..his style resembles JMM's...Mares is beating his ass. Easy work in round 1.
BigG
Marciano (or whatever his name is..) is having a better round...Mares still winning. Marco is tagging Mares on the ropes....his best was a wild overhand right with. They both did good work but Mares won it IMO.
BigG
marciano doesnt get discouraged by Mares sharp counters, you can tell hes a tough guy. But I think Mares got the 3rd.

30-27 Mares
BigG
Marciano doing some good work but I think Mares has the definite edge....Good counters and good combos

40-36 Mares
BigG
Oh man Mares langind some clean punches..hard shots...Marciano keeps coming...Marciano has a good chin..Lennox is right. Maciano keeps on coming...works Mares on the ropes towards the end....but Mares gets that on the clean sharp big punche she landed

50-45 Mares
BigG
Mares shopping him down. Oh low blow sends Marciano down. Mares wokring the body and whoop his ass right now. Marcinao keeps coming. That low blow was on the beltline.....

60-54 Abner Mares
BigG
Wow Maciano throwing alot...tagging MAres with some decent shots. Both doing good work. Good fight. Mares working the body. Marciano takes some punishment...but still coming.

70-63 Abne Mares
BigG
marciano still seems fresh....Taking all the punishment and still coming...tough guy. Maricano taking it good to the head and body. Mares throws BRUTAL left hooks to the body. Mares beating on him...Headbutt.

80-72 Mares
BigG
Marciano still coming..Mares picking him apart...But Marciano landing some good shots as well but like I said, getting picked apart by Mares left hooks to the body and combos.

90-81 Mares
BigG
Mares landing alot of clean shots to the head and body......Some brutal punishment to the body of Marciano. Another round for Mares.

100-90 Abner Mares
BigG
Abner outboxing..damn what body shots by mares....Easy work for Mares. The ref taking a point away from Mares from a lowblow..Doesnt really matter at this point.

109-99 Mares
BigG
Round 12: This is a beating...Mares beating him up..Mares hurt him with a right....Mares hurt him again with a right..Maricnao holding on.....What a beating. Its over.

119-108 Mares.

Watch out for Abner Mares....this guy is a helluva fighter.
BigG
118-109 2x, 117-109 all for Mares...time for the main event.

Both Guzman and Soto are RIPPED and ready
BigG
Soto making his way to the ring
BigG
Guzman making his way to the ring...there seems to be a good ammount of dominicans in the crowd.
BigG
Guzman looks fast...counter right from Gumzan..Ohh combo from Guzman..body-head. Soto beating Guzman on the ropes....he shouldt stay there...right from Soto..right to the body from Guzman...Sharp right by Guzman....Guzman weighing 13 pounds more then Soto.....Uppercut-left hook by Guzman....Good round by Guzman wins it.

Round 1: 10-9 Guzman
hardhead
MAN!!! These guys are throwing some bombs!!!!!
hardhead
I had Guzman winning the first close.

2nd round Guzman

Both guys are landing their own good power shots but Guzman seems to be making Soto miss and utilizing good ring generalship. Soto needs to keep the pressure on Guzman.
BigG
Good counter left hook by Guzman..another counter...both wild...war....both landing good shots.. Guzman better cool down. Good D on the ropes by Guzman.. More good defense.. Good right by Soto. rigtht by Guzman to head and body. Guzman with a counter. Guzman fighting a good fight. Good right by Soto. left hook by Guzman. Great fight.

Good round for Guzman.

20-18 Guzman
BigG
Left hook misses for Guzman...Clash of heads...Left hook for Guzman. Har dright by Soto..Coutner uppercut by Guzman on the ropes.. Guzman should stay off the ropes...OHH low blow from Guzman seemed to hurt Soto. Soto on his knees. left hook from Guzman..Sotto wokringthe body while Guzman on the ropes.. Good round...Hmm....i think its vert close....But I'll give it to Soto.

29-28 Guzman.
BigG
Good coutner shots by Guzman...Good D from Guzman....But got with a left.. Goodby shots by Soto..right by Guzman. Right again by Guzman. Right to the body by Guzman. Right hand by Guzman. left hook by Guzman. Guzman is agile. Right othe body by Guzman. Soto misses a combo while Guzman on the ropes. Low blow by Soto. Right hand by Guzman.

Guzmans round

39-37 Guzman.
BigG
Right othe body left hook upstairs by Guzman..good combo. Coutner right by Guzman. Coutner rigth by Guzman. Soto has Guzman on the ropes...trying to work. Good right by Soto. Right to the body by Guzman. Left hook by Guzman. Another low blow by Soto. Soto landing good shots on the ropes. Good left hook by Guzman. Flurry by Soto blocked by Guzman. Good right by Guzman. Good right by Soto. 2 rights by Guzman on the ropes.

Guzmans round.

49-46 Guzman
BigG
Soto starts off with Guzman on the ropes. Jabs by Guzman. Both land a shot. Oh good right hand by Guzman. left hook from Guzman. Good 3 punch combo by Guzman. Right hand by Guzman. Guzman ducks a right from Soto and gets away. Lkeft hook from Soto. Both working on the ropes. clean right by Guzman. Right hand by Guzman. Right to the body Guzman little left by Soto.

Guzmans round.

59-55 Guzman.
BigG
left hook tot he body by Guzman. Right by Guzman. Right hand by Soto. Boy shot and a good hook tot he head from Guzman. Soto misses a combo. Little right by Soto. Left by Guzman. Low low by Soto. Guzman throwing bombos inside....Soto landing some shots. ...both trading bombs..Hook by Soto. Jab by Guzman. Guzman misses a big right...Guzman showing a tad bit of fatigue

Closer round then the last few bu I say Guzmans round.

69-64 Guzman
BigG
Jabs from Guzman..good jab from Joan. Left hook by Guzman. Jab by Guzman. Good right from Guzman. Left hook blocked by Soto. A little low by Soto with the body shot. Good combo while Guzman on the ropes by Soto. Inside work byt Soto. GOOD combo by Guzman on the inside..counter shots. Good right by Guzman. Soto throwing little flurries while Guzman on the ropes. Both on the inside. Both doing work on the inside....

I'll give that to Guzman.

79-73 Guzman.

Guzman looks a little tired in the corner and Soto looks fresh.
BigG
I missed majority of that last round...sorry...it seems like Guzman won that round.....Haorld gave it to Guzman....if I give Guzman of that round I have it 89-82 for Guzman.

BigG
Guzman doing good work boxing...both doin good work while on the ropes...Combo by Guzman. 1-2 by Guzman and escapes....Guzman is agile. body shots by Soto. Good shots by Soto. Left hook by Guzman.

Guzmans round.

99-91 for Guzman.

BigG
Guzman outboxing. Jab by Guzman. Jab to the body by Guzman. Guzman showing good D. Good right by Guzman. Right to the body for Guzman. Soto trying to work the body. Godo work on the inside by both..edge to Soto. Guzman is just good defensively. Competitive round.

I give it to Guzman.

109-100 for Guzman
BigG
both working on the inside..clinch..jabs by Guzman. 1-2 by Guzman. Guzman shwing good footowork. Guzman slick. Makes Soto miss two shots. 1-2 by Guzman. Combo to the body by Soto. Both land a right. Combo by Guzman.

Guzmans round.

119-109 Guzman.

Just WAAAAAAYY too fast for Soto.
JD
I think you are going to be surprised how close the cards are, G.

JD
LOL...guess not.
BigG
117-111, 117-111 118-110 for Joan Guzman.
Southeastpaw
Wow biggeorge, you really are a Guzman fan.

I had it closer than that. I had it 116-112. I kinda lost some respect for Guzman after I counted the tenth time he turned and actually ran away from Soto. Not moved, but ran.

Soto could have been busier, but Guzman won it.
BigG
I think the most you could have it is 8-4 for Guzman.....it wasnt that close a fight in terms of scoring IMO
BigG
But both these guys are very good fighters. Guzman will give fits to Pacman and Marquez. Soto is a very tough guy but Guzman was the worst possible style for him.

But I'll have to watch again. Im not the best at giving round by rounds and watching the fight because while typing I tend to miss some action. So I'll have it again closely.

But anyway, Guzman seemed to be better then Soto and proved he deserves to be mentioned with Marquez and Pacman.
Lil-lightsout
Nobody beats Guzman at 130! I thought he beat Soto pretty handily tonight, and Soto tried his hardest too. I had the fight scored 8-4 for Joan. A few of the rounds Soto just out hustled him, the rest Guzman gave him a clinic. Please give Joan a fight with Pac or Marquez next.
Jack 1000
Strangely,

I had what Harold had 115-113 Guzman. Much closer. I thought Soto took the first four rounds. After that, Guzman took control. He did a little too much Mayweather showboating in the late rounds, but did enough to take the win. A boring fight. Not what I expected at all from these fighters.

Jack
BigG
I dont know how anyone can have Soo up 40-36 after 4...Guzman took the 2nd and 4th clearly.

And this was a damn good figh IMO.
Nobudius
148..... man, for Guzman to be that heavy ain't right.

I thought it was a blah fight as well. Guzman is certainly talented..... BUT.....
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Nov 18 2007, 12:47 AM) [snapback]365674[/snapback]
Strangely,

I had what Harold had 115-113 Guzman. Much closer. I thought Soto took the first four rounds. After that, Guzman took control. He did a little too much Mayweather showboating in the late rounds, but did enough to take the win. A boring fight. Not what I expected at all from these fighters.

Jack

Actually,

Now that I think about it, I did give Guzman one of the early rounds. (I think the second round) But my score was still 115-113. Guzman. I mean it wasn't the most boring fight ever. I just expected more of a brawl from both fighters.

Oh yea, sorry George for the round confusion, as I am doing some late night reporting and recaps and it's quarter to two in the morning here! hahahaha!

Jack
BrutalBodyShots
Interesting. I've got to see the fight. From the round by round it sounded somewhat exciting, but Jack says it was boring. I guess you can't take much away from a round by round heh.

kidbazooka1
I liked the old Guzman better his new style is BORING and he gassed out towards the end of the fight had Soto put more pressure on him he could have had better results.

If Guzman fights like that gainst Marquez or Pac he'll get whooped IMO.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Nov 18 2007, 02:47 AM) [snapback]365674[/snapback]
Strangely,

Jack

I agree Guzman was clowning around too much he won't gain any new fans by doing that Mayweather sh*t.

I also thought the fight was close but Soto just wasn't throwing enough at times.
BigG
Watched it a 2nd time and scored it 8-4 for Guzman.....

I really think Guzman gives Pac & Marquez fits...

And it's clear that Guzman wasnt at his best for the Antonio Davis fight.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Nov 17 2007, 10:47 PM) [snapback]365674[/snapback]
Strangely,

Jack

Funny that you mention that becuase I had the same score however I could also see a draw here but some people had wide scores in favor of Guzman I guess it depends on what you like
JD
I had it 116-113.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.