Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maxy Gawn has cleaned out 168
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
BigG
So what does he have to prove in that division? he is king.

Now he must fight Judah at a catchweight of 147.
CyruS
At the same time, Butkiss has wiped out the top contenders at 175. I propose this for the good for the league, Butkiss-Deep Freeze II for the Light Heavyweight Championship. What do you say Maxy? We run out of opponents, lets make this super fight. Either way whoever wins can walk away in retirement if they so choose with a huge win.
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Nov 18 2007, 08:35 AM) [snapback]365729[/snapback]
At the same time, Butkiss has wiped out the top contenders at 175. I propose this for the good for the league, Butkiss-Deep Freeze II for the Light Heavyweight Championship. What do you say Maxy? We run out of opponents, lets make this super fight. Either way whoever wins can walk away in retirement if they so choose with a huge win.

Deep Freeze needs a couple of days to think things over. His domination of the super middleweight's has earnt him his spot in the Hall of Fame and he has virtually ran of of worthy challengers now so a fight against Butkiss could be appealing.

However, he needs to weigh things up and think about it before making a decision.
CyruS
Think it over. But you know, it's the only fight Deep Freeze can make and be the retirement send off any great fighter would like to go off on. If I remember correctly, Deep Freeze is the Lineal Light Heavyweight Champion, so technically this would be an Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship match. Huge fight.
Maxy
Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn has announced he IS NOT going to move up to light heavyweight for a rematch with Butkiss. Deep Freeze admits the fight could happen one day but currently he has no desire to give up his super middleweight crown.

An unnamed source told the press "Deep Freeze can't box efficiently at 175. His is the perfect specimin at 167 and feels that he would be doing himself a dis-service by moving up."
CyruS
QUOTE(Richard Butkiss - World Light Heavyweight Champion)
You would be doing a disservice to yourself staying at 168 and beating up on crumbs because that is all that is left in that wasteland you call a division. How long do you really want to stay at 168 fighting those type of fights? Atleast I'll be able to scratch up a few contenders at 175 but let's face it the only fight left to do is Butkiss-Deep Freeze II because I am looking to hang up my gloves relatively soon.
Maxy
Truth be told, Deep Freeze wanted to return to light heavy and was building up slowly to do exactly that. However, he has reached his physical peak at 167 (Didn't realise at the time that the maximum ability points possible to gain was 18) and will see out his career there.
Blayde
He could train intensively to get up to 175 though.
Maxy
QUOTE(Blayde @ Nov 19 2007, 01:21 PM) [snapback]365998[/snapback]
He could train intensively to get up to 175 though.

Wouldn't that involve him first having to lose in order to gain the strength though? Not really sure how it works?
Maxy
Just read the bit about intensive training....its a bit of a risk...you could lose an ability point that could really bugger your fighter up if you were unlucky....

Dipsy Gawn will try it this week.
Blayde
Yeah, you gain the one you want and you lose another random one.

Collazo had to do this for his last fight because he was too heavy.
CyruS
Deep Freeze is scared of Butkiss, point blank.
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Nov 19 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]366036[/snapback]
Deep Freeze is scared of Butkiss, point blank.

Deep Freeze is scared of everyone. BUT he keeps on winning. laugh.gif
CyruS
Deep Freeze is to scared to even have a dream of signing a contract to fight Butkiss. DF's old gym mate Tunney told him the nightmarish tales of his fight with Butkiss.
Maxy
Deep Freeze already beat Butkiss. Deep Freeze won the first 8 rounds against Butkiss to secure the decision and then coasted the last 4. It was easy work. Butkiss don't deserve a rematch.
CyruS
Butkiss managed by Don is way different from the Butkiss managed by the 36 chambers. You can't hide behind that.
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Nov 19 2007, 04:17 PM) [snapback]366043[/snapback]
Butkiss managed by Don is way different from the Butkiss managed by the 36 chambers. You can't hide behind that.

Lovely.....you walked into my trap. cool.gif

Angus still wants TOS.
CyruS
That's different, TOS is retired.

Deep Freeze is active.

Deep Freeze - Butkiss for an undisputed champion at 175 is the only super fight that makes any sense to have in the league right now.
Maxy
I'm not ruling it out....but it doesn't do a SINGLE thing for Deep Freeze's legacy. Its high risk, little reward. He beat Butkiss already. The record books show it. It was easy.

TOS could add another title to his (ahem) glittering career if he sparked Angus. That is a MUCH MUCH bigger fight.
CyruS
Deep Freeze's legacy is a twig champion that ran around the ring like a chicken.

This Butkiss is animalistic fighter and the dominate 175 lbs. champion who is the man that end Deep Freeze once and for all.

How long does Deep Freeze plan to stick around waiting for a young star to come up and take his title? Lights Out is awhile away from 168 laugh.gif
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Nov 19 2007, 04:29 PM) [snapback]366052[/snapback]
Deep Freeze's legacy is a twig champion that ran around the ring like a chicken.

This Butkiss is animalistic fighter and the dominate 175 lbs. champion who is the man that end Deep Freeze once and for all.

How long does Deep Freeze plan to stick around waiting for a young star to come up and take his title? Lights Out is awhile away from 168 laugh.gif

TOS still dreams about dominating a division like Deep Freeze has. He never lost at light heavy either but decided he was better suited to super middle.

I'm so close to being baited into this fight....

OK....lets do a deal...

Angus VS TOS
AND
Deep Freeze VS Butkiss

Same night....superfight extraordinaire.
CyruS
TOS fullfilled every fighter's true dream and that was becoming Heavyweight Champion Of The World. Besides, beating the hell out guys that destroyed "division dominators" like Deep Freeze is much more funnier. Deep Freeze jealously knows no bounds.

TOS is retired.

Deep Freeze is officially scared shitless of Butkiss, its now fact and into history.
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Nov 19 2007, 04:44 PM) [snapback]366061[/snapback]
TOS fullfilled every fighter's true dream and that was becoming Heavyweight Champion Of The World. Besides, beating the hell out guys that destroyed "division dominators" like Deep Freeze is much more funnier. Deep Freeze jealously knows no bounds.

TOS is retired.

Deep Freeze is officially scared shitless of Butkiss, its now fact and into history.

OK.

TOS is scared of the real Heavyweight champion....oh...and he's also scared of the Cruiserweight champion. NO problem. I don't blame him.

Deep Freeze is scared of a man he already beat?? Nope, I don't buy it.

No worries.
CyruS
TOS isnt scared of man nicknamed the Moose. And TOS is not scared of a has been in Angus. TOS is on to bigger and better things with his new promotion.

Fact remains, Deep Freeze is ducking Butkiss.
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Nov 19 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]366072[/snapback]
Fact remains, Deep Freeze already beat Butkiss.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.