Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao won't fight Oscar
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutalBodyShots
I couldn't find the thread we had going recently where people were arguing that Pacquiao COULD fight DLH at 147 and look ok since Pacquiao has come into the ring recently in the mid 140's. I (and many others) said that obviously that weight was WAY too high for Pacquiao. Anyway, from Pacquiao's trainer himself:

"Ain't gonna happen," top trainer Freddie Roach told The Manila Bulletin on Friday in regard to a proposed Manny Pacquiao versus Oscar De La Hoya bout for September 2008. "At what weight are they going to fight?" asked Roach from the Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood, California. "Welterweight (147 lbs)," Roach was told by his interviewer. "Manny's going to look like a balloon ball," said Roach."
X3_Bazooka_X3
This fight shouldnt even happen anyways, I mean come on now Manny will be maxed out in weight his power will be dampered his speed will not be anything close to what it is now, his stamina will be effected greatly there is no way Manny and DLH should even think about fighting.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Nov 18 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]365778[/snapback]
This fight shouldnt even happen anyways, I mean come on now Manny will be maxed out in weight his power will be dampered his speed will not be anything close to what it is now, his stamina will be effected greatly there is no way Manny and DLH should even think about fighting.

Yup, I think generally most people believe this but there were a select few on here that saw no problem with Pacquiao fighting at 147 because he was in the ring in the mid 140's for his last fight. People need to understand there's a difference between weight and size.

Snoop
I'm REALLY surprised that this match got mentioned on national television. It seemed more like one of those rumor/mock matchups that would start up on some hokey forum and stay there. Talking about Pacquiao fighting even at 140 is ridiculous to me since most people are taking Diaz at 135, including myself. And yes, there is not only a a HUGE difference between size and weight, but also what weight signifies at the weigh-in and the night of the fight.
Thegreatequalizer
yeah, that's completely ridiculous. didn't manny start at like 115 or 118 or something. he probably shouldn't fight above 135 ever.
Maxy
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Nov 18 2007, 02:38 PM) [snapback]365791[/snapback]
yeah, that's completely ridiculous. didn't manny start at like 115 or 118 or something. he probably shouldn't fight above 135 ever.

He started his career at 106.

This was the most ridiculous potential match-up I've ever seen in my life. Seriously.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Maxy @ Nov 18 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]365793[/snapback]
This was the most ridiculous potential match-up I've ever seen in my life. Seriously.

Me as well, but for whatever reason there were a bunch of people in this forum that thought it was realistic.

147 I believe would be Pacquiao's 9th weight division. Come on guys.

X3_Bazooka_X3
There is nothing in it for Oscar other than mad money, There is nothing that this fight brings that will help the legacy of DLH, and at this stage Oscar needs a career defining fight, Pacquiao is not that fight, Pacquiao is a bank statement fight nothing more.
if Oscar wants a big pay day fight with a top teir fighter he should rematch Mayweather or fight Cotto, Mayweather might not do as good in terms of dollars as it did the first time around but if he is still undefeated after the hatton fight Oscar still has enough left to potentially pull off the biggest win of his career.
JD
If it looks like this fight is going to happen, I will root for Oscar to lose his tuneup.

This is freaking ridiculous.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 18 2007, 12:32 PM) [snapback]365800[/snapback]
If it looks like this fight is going to happen, I will root for Oscar to lose his tuneup.

This is freaking ridiculous.

Exactly clapping.gif
BrutalBodyShots
There is no chance that this fight would ever happen.

X3_Bazooka_X3
From what I hear Judah is in consideration for a fight with Oscar.
kidbazooka1
This is a joke who's the idiot that came with that idea?
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Nov 18 2007, 04:18 PM) [snapback]365816[/snapback]
This is a joke who's the idiot that came with that idea?

There was a thread on here a week or two ago that I can't find now where everyone was talking about a potential Pacquiao-Mayweather or Pacquiao-DLH fight at 147 and multiple people thought that Pac would do fine at that weight being that in his last fight he was 140-something after rehydrating.

X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 18 2007, 03:21 PM) [snapback]365849[/snapback]
There was a thread on here a week or two ago that I can't find now where everyone was talking about a potential Pacquiao-Mayweather or Pacquiao-DLH fight at 147 and multiple people thought that Pac would do fine at that weight being that in his last fight he was 140-something after rehydrating.

Anybody who thinks Pacqauio would do fine at 147 needs a bullet in their head, yes Pacquiao is an amazing fighter and he has great skills but lets just be fucking real, Pacquiao would get owned by anybody in the top 154 at 147 shit even Collazo would beat Pacquiao widely.
BrutalBodyShots
Pacquiao would lose to Juan Diaz at 135.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 18 2007, 03:47 PM) [snapback]365854[/snapback]
Pacquiao would lose to Juan Diaz at 135.

He would also lose to Marquez at 130 so either way 147 is just insane
Boxingjunkie
Lets see Manny at 147 to fight Oscar. Might as well go up to 170 and take on Hopkins. Everyone else seems to want a fight these two. Doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

Boxingjunkie
kidbazooka1
Manny would end up with seriouse brain damage if he fought DLH.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Nov 18 2007, 07:29 PM) [snapback]365861[/snapback]
He would also lose to Marquez at 130 so either way 147 is just insane

Agreed.
BigG
I hope Oscar gets KTFO again.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 18 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]365900[/snapback]
I hope Oscar gets KTFO again.

If he does it certainly won't be by Pacquiao.

laugh.gif
kidbazooka1
Pac's punches would be like throwing grapes at Oscar's face.
BrutalBodyShots
I think it's funny as hell when you think about it... Oscar has faced a light heavy in Hopkins (even though it was at middle) and against Pacquiao he'd REALLY be facing a blown up featherweight. LOL.

Col Reb
I wish Pac could fight Hatton at 140. That would be an entertaining war.
kidbazooka1
No, Hatton would whoop him too.
BigG
Roach said Pacman actually has more pop then Oscar...
torvix2000
Sheet! I can't believe this is being discussed!!!

dntknw.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 20 2007, 01:29 AM) [snapback]366155[/snapback]

LMAO.

MAYBE more pop P4P, but certainly not more pop at Welter.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 20 2007, 02:29 AM) [snapback]366155[/snapback]

C'mon George I know your not buying Roach's bullsh*t.

Pac has nothing for DLH even a past his prime DLH would KO Manny in brutal fashion.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 20 2007, 01:29 AM) [snapback]366155[/snapback]

Please. Not even close.
BrutalBodyShots
Actually I take back my P4P comment above. Even P4P Oscar hits harder than Pacquiao. Give me a DLH left hook at 130 (from years ago) over Pac's left any day of the week.

BigG
I'm not...DLH certainly hits harder. Thats just what Roach said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.