Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Abner Mares
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Snoop
Was anyone else really impressed with this fighter on last night's undercard?
BigG
He throws some sick combos....He is the next JMM for sure.
Snoop
Especially for his young age. I saw some great combinations throughout the entire fight and for his first 12 round performance, I was really impressed. Granted, Marchiano isn't really a skilled fighter, but he was tough as hell too.
BigG
Yup...Marichano was not discouraged ONE bit despite being hit with all types of combos and punches.....tough tough guy. Took a beating
Snoop
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 18 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]365784[/snapback]
Yup...Marichano was not discouraged ONE bit despite being hit with all types of combos and punches.....tough tough guy. Took a beating

He's definitely pissing blood today.
Jack 1000
Did Lamps say that Mares took a lot of punishment? If so I don't know WTF he was watching.

Marichano came to fight, but took a beating throughout most of the fight.

Jack

Boxingjunkie
He did show a lot of skill. I was really impressed how he threw the double left hook and landed them. Pretty impressive. He also threw like five jabs in a row. Dont see that much anymore..... A good jab.

Boxingjunkie
mexboxing
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 18 2007, 02:12 PM) [snapback]365779[/snapback]
Was anyone else really impressed with this fighter on last night's undercard?
I have seen this kid a couple of times. He fights very good, and at that has one of the best trainers in the business. Having Nacho as his trainer is the best thing, he is going to polish him into a technical counterpuncher. With all that great sparring he gets from other stable mates, he is only going to go stardom.
Michigan Assassin
Offensively he was really impressive and both of them showed a lot of heart, but the whole fight I kept thinking man is he (Mares) getting hit with a lot of those wide, wild shots.

But that said, I'd still enjoy watching him in there again.
kidbazooka1
Mares is very talented I can see him winning some titles down the road.
BigG
I like Mares...he's definitely going to win titles.
BigJuicyHog
Mares showed good handspeed and combinations in the fight. And he showed a great body attack (just look at the other guys ribs) The only problem I saw was that he was getting hit too much by a plodding journeyman winging ugly punches that lacked power. I wonder how he will do when he fights a big puncher with some better technique. Overall I was impressed though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.