Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Margarito vs Cintron 2
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
X3_Bazooka_X3
I think kermit has a good chance this time around, I think the first time around the moment was just too big for him but I think the rematch Kerrmit has a bigger chance of getting it done, he has improved a great bit and counters so much better than he did before in fact I dont recall him being a good counter puncher until he picked up manny.
But Margarito is one tough guy I think the best thing for Kermit to do is take his time and get settled into the fight get rid of the early round jitters and try to step it up in the mid rounds.
I want to see this fight again to see how much Kermit has improved and also to see if Tony is on the decline.
Southeastpaw
Margarito will stomp Cintron yet again. I think it may go a little bit longer this time round, but the result will be the same.
The Original MrFactor
Cintron needs a comfort zone. Tony will not allow Contron to get comfortable. Cintron needs diustance to make his punches effective. He's not a good inside fighter. I think Margarito would again be unphased by Cintron's supposed power. I'd expect another easy TKO for Margarito.
X3_Bazooka_X3
I cant beleive what I am reading, after the Williams fight one would be lead to beleive that Margarito would allow Cintron that comfort Zone, I think Cintron can win it if he fights the right fight.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Nov 18 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]365823[/snapback]
I cant beleive what I am reading, after the Williams fight one would be lead to beleive that Margarito would allow Cintron that comfort Zone, I think Cintron can win it if he fights the right fight.

There is a significant reach issue with Williams. Cintron doesnt have that over Tony. No reach advantage, no comfort zone. Cintron will be forced to fight Tony's fight in a phonebooth.
JD
Margarito makes Cintron fold again.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Nov 18 2007, 02:02 PM) [snapback]365826[/snapback]
There is a significant reach issue with Williams. Cintron doesnt have that over Tony. No reach advantage, no comfort zone. Cintron will be forced to fight Tony's fight in a phonebooth.

Though that is true, Williams did not use that reach issue for the most part the fight was fought and won on the inside.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Nov 18 2007, 05:07 PM) [snapback]365828[/snapback]
Though that is true, Williams did not use that reach issue for the most part the fight was fought and won on the inside.

Did we see the same fight?/ Williams almost boxed exclusively from the outside for the 1st half of the fight. He tied Tony up when he got close. Williams jab was like a buzz saw for most of the 1st half. Tony couldnt get inside. I do think he blocked alot of shots on his gloves, and in many eyes, he looked very uncharacteristically tentative in the early going.

If Williams chose to fight Margarito's fight on the inside, he would have gotten hurt early.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Nov 18 2007, 02:21 PM) [snapback]365833[/snapback]
Did we see the same fight?/ Williams almost boxed exclusively from the outside for the 1st half of the fight. He tied Tony up when he got close. Williams jab was like a buzz saw for most of the 1st half. Tony couldnt get inside. I do think he blocked alot of shots on his gloves, and in many eyes, he looked very uncharacteristically tentative in the early going.

If Williams chose to fight Margarito's fight on the inside, he would have gotten hurt early.

We saw the same fight, but to me Williams was inside for the most part just becuase Tony couldnt reach him there or find him there that doesnt mean he wasnt there, the man does have long arms so IMO he was in close enough to fight on the inside with out getting hit with anything big, he did not use that Jab and box and move to me he just let shots go stepped around tony and let some more go he did that the entire fight.
BrutalBodyShots
Margarito stops Cintron again if they ever have a rematch. Styles make fights and neither has changed significantly since they first met. Perhaps if Cintron has worked on enlarging his gonads a bit he make extend the fight a little longer than the first time, but the same result in the end.

mexboxing
Margarito would definately have the psychological advantage. Cintron clearly quit on his first fight, although his corner stopped it. Margarito would repeat the same gameplan but even earlier now. Ever since Paul Williams he has vowed to start earlier in fights. Cintron should fight fighters that are somewhat of brawlers, to gain some confidence. I haven't been impressed with Cintron at all. Margarito Mid TKO.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 18 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]365827[/snapback]
Margarito makes Cintron cry again.

Fixed JD. Kermit crys like when Miss Piggy left his arse for Grover.
JD
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 18 2007, 08:57 PM) [snapback]365876[/snapback]
Fixed JD. Kermit crys like when Miss Piggy left his arse for Grover.

LOL...

I actually toyed with using "cry" instead of "fold", but I opted for the lock here.
Lil-lightsout
Okay, so Cintron folded, quit, cried, and everything else you want to say. That is in the PAST, he had an inferior team, he was cut, and it was his first big test. Yes, I know they are excuses. If Cintron would ever quit again, then there is absolutely no excuse then. But for now, just maybe cut him some slack, everyone makes mistakes and he made one that night. Didn't Roberto Duran quit against Ray Leonard in there rematch? He came back after that and beat many other good fighters after that. All I am trying to say is just because Kermit quit that night, does not mean everytime he faces Margarito or anyone else for that matter, he is gonna quit. I am by no means a big fan of him either, I just find it ridiculous that most people act like he will quit as soon as he gets pressured again. Give the guy a chance. Flame on.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Nov 19 2007, 03:07 AM) [snapback]365888[/snapback]
Didn't Roberto Duran quit against Ray Leonard in there rematch?

I actually believe that Duran was suffering shit cramps in that fight from gorging after making weight. There is a difference between quitting because you are about to spray gravy all over the canvas in a very close fight & getting beat down until you cry like a woman.

Southeastpaw
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Nov 18 2007, 05:00 PM) [snapback]365823[/snapback]

LOL. I can't believe that I am reading this from you.

Cintron and Williams have very little in common bro. Williams used his reach, output, and chin to beat Margarito. Cintron does not have the reach advantage, chin, or output that Williams has. Do you really think that Margarito is gunna give him time and space to work this time round in the same fashion that Matthysee did or something? No way. I will be shocked if Cintron comes out the victor in this.
BigG
Margarito easy.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(mexboxing @ Nov 18 2007, 08:46 PM) [snapback]365875[/snapback]
Margarito would definately have the psychological advantage. Cintron clearly quit on his first fight, although his corner stopped it. Margarito would repeat the same gameplan but even earlier now. Ever since Paul Williams he has vowed to start earlier in fights. Cintron should fight fighters that are somewhat of brawlers, to gain some confidence. I haven't been impressed with Cintron at all. Margarito Mid TKO.

What does Williams have to do with this?
tongue.gif
Tha Docta
is this thread a joke?
Big Slim Sweet
Margarito, brutally.
Sugar Q
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 18 2007, 11:18 PM) [snapback]365909[/snapback]
LOL. I can't believe that I am reading this from you.

Cintron and Williams have very little in common bro. Williams used his reach, output, and chin to beat Margarito. Cintron does not have the reach advantage, chin, or output that Williams has. Do you really think that Margarito is gunna give him time and space to work this time round in the same fashion that Matthysee did or something? No way. I will be shocked if Cintron comes out the victor in this.

Williams biggest flaw is not using his height and reach! If he knew how to use them properly the Margarito fight would've been an easy fight. Williams made that fight hard by fighting Tony's fight. Cintron is with the master of training tall fighters (Manny Steward). Not saying that makes a automatic win but we will definitely see how much Tony can take this time around cause he will not walk in like before this time he will take some punishment. Cintron has an excellent chance to win this fight.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Nov 20 2007, 02:22 PM) [snapback]366231[/snapback]
Williams biggest flaw is not using his height and reach! If he knew how to use them properly the Margarito fight would've been an easy fight. Williams made that fight hard by fighting Tony's fight. Cintron is with the master of training tall fighters (Manny Steward). Not saying that makes a automatic win but we will definitely see how much Tony can take this time around cause he will not walk in like before this time he will take some punishment. Cintron has an excellent chance to win this fight.

cintron has no chance to win this fight. he was mentally & physically beaten into a pulp by margarito. he will get steamrolled again.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Nov 20 2007, 02:22 PM) [snapback]366231[/snapback]

I wouldn't say that he fought Tony's fight at all. He fought the way he always fights. He will use his reach to an extent, but he always end up getting inside quite a bit as well. There were times where he was firing shots from the outside against Tony and there were times where e was firing some wild angled shots from the inside on Tony.
rusty_trombone
Well, I pretty much hate Margarito, so I will be picking the crybaby over him. Fuck Antonislow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.