Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who do you feel won the Cotto-Mosley fight?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
I'm curious about everyone's opinion. I had it 115-113 Mosley. It felt to me like deja vu of the ending of Oscar-Tito. I would like to see a rematch.
BrutalBodyShots
114-113 Mosley was how I had it.
Lil-lightsout
Mosley, but I am biased because he is my second favorite fighter.
Imperius3
I had it 115-113 for Cotto. Very close though...I'm still going back and forth on round 11. The decision could have gone either way.
neophyte7
Close fight. Cotto was disgusting in the championship rounds. He was in retreat. I gave it to Mosley
STEVENSKI
Cotto won convincingly IMO. 8-4 at worst.
BigG
I had it 7-4-1 for Cotto
Bullseye
116-112 for Cotto. True, he was backpeddling in the last few rounds, but he was still in the fight landing clean ass shots. Absolutly nothing like Oscar vs Tito in my opinion.
caneman
i had it 115-114 but it was pretty damn close IMO with most rounds coming down to the last 30-45 seconds of the round & cotto landed the harder punches. this was one of those fights that IMO could have gone either way by 2 rounds but not by more!
JD
I had it a draw, but had no problem with the decision.

I had it 5-5 after 10, and gave Cotto the 11th and Mosley the 12th.
PR316
Scored it a draw, but I think that Cotto's blows were harder and more telling despite not being able to hurt Mosley, and thats what I think influenced the judges.
Big Slim Sweet
Round by round I scored it a draw but felt like overall Mosley had the edge.
Elijah
Cotto and it's time to move on people.
BrutalBodyShots
This is one of the most even polls I've ever seen.

1/3 Mosley
1/3 Cotto
1/3 Draw

Doesn't get any closer than that.

Col Reb
I agree. That's why we need the rematch.
rleojeda
Mosley didn't even think he won...7-5 a clear win for Cotto.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(rleojeda @ Nov 19 2007, 09:23 PM) [snapback]366116[/snapback]
Mosley didn't even think he won...7-5 a clear win for Cotto.

Not that tired argument again. And 7-5 isn't all too clear by the way.

Blayde
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 19 2007, 01:57 PM) [snapback]365939[/snapback]
I had it a draw, but had no problem with the decision.

I had it 5-5 after 10, and gave Cotto the 11th and Mosley the 12th.

I think I had it the same. For sure I had it a draw 114-114.

But I dont wanna see a rematch. Lets both fighters go on to new things. There are enough other top caliber fighters I want to see against Cotto or Mosley.
caneman
QUOTE(Blayde @ Nov 20 2007, 04:16 AM) [snapback]366169[/snapback]
I think I had it the same. For sure I had it a draw 114-114.

But I dont wanna see a rematch. Lets both fighters go on to new things. There are enough other top caliber fighters I want to see against Cotto or Mosley.

the only thing is, that knowing mosley, he'll go str8 for the rematch. it was a good fight & i enjoyed it. i felt that mosley showed he has something left in the tank & that cotto showed pretty good overall boxing skills to even hang with mosley. i have no problem with a rematch @ all, i love a good fight. if there isn't a rematch cause though, i see cotto trying for the PBF/hatton winner. the best thing about 147 is that you could take the top 10 guys & make some very interesting fights @ least on paper. i think a round robin @ 147 would be great. you know, i have noticed one thing though, there ain't too many guys screaming from paul williams out there. i'd love to see citron/cotto myself drinks.gif
Jack 1000
115-114 Mosley.

I could accept a draw to a two point edge for either fighter. But more than that is pushing it.

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE(caneman @ Nov 19 2007, 06:51 AM) [snapback]365938[/snapback]
i had it 115-114 but it was pretty damn close IMO with most rounds coming down to the last 30-45 seconds of the round & cotto landed the harder punches. this was one of those fights that IMO could have gone either way by 2 rounds but not by more!

Who did you have winning Caneman? Agree with your assessments.

Jack
X3_Bazooka_X3
42% say Cotto can we please move on to the next fight already? Cotto won the fight SHANE MOSLEY himself admitted that Cotto won get over it ladies
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Nov 20 2007, 07:28 PM) [snapback]366310[/snapback]
...SHANE MOSLEY himself admitted that Cotto won get over it ladies

Actually no he didn't, and I think this is one of the biggest misconceptions surrounding the decision. When asked if Mosley thought he won the fight, he said it was a close fight that could have gone either way... could have been a draw or could have been Cotto's (in addition to a victory of his). No where did Mosley ever say "Cotto won the fight" or "I lost the fight."

X3_Bazooka_X3
Let it go Brutal the fights over already Shane surely didnt cry robbery thats for sure.
Douchebag
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Nov 20 2007, 08:22 PM) [snapback]366333[/snapback]
Let it go Brutal the fights over already Shane surely didnt cry robbery thats for sure.

Cotto won and he would win a rematch even more decisively, IMHO. Props to Shane though, he is fucking warrior.
X3_Bazooka_X3
Mosley gets props Cotto is a monster in there, Mosley at his age alone getting in there with Cotto he gets respect on that principal alone
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Nov 20 2007, 08:22 PM) [snapback]366333[/snapback]

Nothing to let go... except your skewing of reality.

Your statement was that Mosley himself admitted that Cotto won. That statement is 100% false. Simple stuff here.

caneman
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Nov 20 2007, 07:27 PM) [snapback]366308[/snapback]
Who did you have winning Caneman? Agree with your assessments.

Jack

cotto jack 115-114 drinks.gif
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Nov 20 2007, 08:28 PM) [snapback]366310[/snapback]
42% say Cotto can we please move on to the next fight already?

42% is hardly an overwhelming majority.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Nov 21 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]366429[/snapback]
42% is hardly an overwhelming majority.

Actually it means that the MINORITY believes Cotto won. 58% believe Mosley won or it was a draw; that is 58% believe that Cotto DIDN'T win.

caneman
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 21 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]366475[/snapback]
Actually it means that the MINORITY believes Cotto won. 58% believe Mosley won or it was a draw; that is 58% believe that Cotto DIDN'T win.

good lord, i wish i was a math major laugh.gif close pole with good reason IMO! you know what y'all? you can take a turtle, grab him by the ass end, ram his head in the sand & the sun would even shine on his ass! point of the story? who gives a fuck....lets all get drunk & watch the rematch friends.gif drinks.gif laugh.gif and BTW doesn't it mean 73. who gives a flying fuck % think cotto won or drawed?
WAR NEW MATH! clapping.gif
yuca
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 21 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]366475[/snapback]

On the other side 73% believe shane didn't win...lol
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(yuca @ Nov 22 2007, 07:38 AM) [snapback]366531[/snapback]
On the other side 73% believe shane didn't win...lol

Very true =)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.