Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any news on Judah and Peterson brothers?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Still cant find results for their fights...

Judah was fighting a tune up fight for some belt at 154...
Southeastpaw
I don't know what happened with these fights along with the Glen?Reggie Johnson bout that I was interested in this Saturday night. Boxrec still has the fight up scheduled for the 17th. I don't know what is going on.
BigG
Judah won a wide UD...Peterson's both won by TKO.
Imperius3
Zab's not wasting any time I see. I thought he would take a break after the brutal Cotto fight, but he's staying active. These tune-ups are probably good for him. I expect to see him back in the mix soon.
stateofthegame
Reggie Johnson was hurt during training I believe and the Glenn Johnson fight was postponed I think.
Southeastpaw
Thanks State.
Snoop
Why is Judah fighting at 154 now?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 19 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]365957[/snapback]
Why is Judah fighting at 154 now?

Because he can't beat anyone at 47?
Maxy
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 19 2007, 04:21 PM) [snapback]366047[/snapback]

laugh.gif
Method
It was a one and done at 154. He'll be going back to 147.
Tha Docta
judah should be at 140 anyway. anyone see this fight??
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 19 2007, 09:21 PM) [snapback]366047[/snapback]

LOL. And moving UP is the solution to that.
BrutalBodyShots
Well I guess it's good Judah is staying active. At least he didn't get chickendanced again.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 19 2007, 09:35 PM) [snapback]366055[/snapback]
LOL. And moving UP is the solution to that.

There are a lot of has beens up there & a lot of quality prime talent at 140/47. I am sure Judah is a tired of losing as I am of seeing him get beat up.
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 19 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]366079[/snapback]
There are a lot of has beens up there & a lot of quality prime talent at 140/47. I am sure Judah is a tired of losing as I am of seeing him get beat up.

I know. I was playing. But at the same time since he's been KO'd at 147, I'd say moving up is a bad idea if he doesn't have to. Unless of course he's looking for a 3rd Spinks fight.
STEVENSKI
That would be a good move actually.
stateofthegame
Maybe we can finally get that mega fight between Judah and Camacho Jr. that Showtime kept trying to hype for a few years. I saw where Jr beat some scrub at 54 over the weekend as well.
BigG
Judah weighed in at 150. He busted his opponents nose from what I've read.

I really hope Judah goes back to 140...I'd love to see him against Malignaggi...But all the money and names are at 147.
Southeastpaw
Judah saw what Spinks was capable of doing at those weights and figured, "What the hell." Spinks beat a good guy at 154 and then "beat" Taylor as well. lol
Boxingjunkie
Win or lose Judah is usually in some entertaining fights. He would be smart to stay at 147 and make some money there. I cant see him doing much damage at 154. He hurt Cotto but could not put him down, I doubt he will hurt to many at 154.

Boxingjunkie
BrutalBodyShots
There's really nothing for Judah at 147. He already lost to Mayweather and Cotto. There are 4 other names there IMO worth mentioning... Williams, Margarito, Mosley and DLH. I wouldn't favor Judah to win ANY of those 4 fights personally - not sure how the rest of you feel about that.

I think Zab should keep fighting often and getting wins. If he were to face another top name and lose (which like I said I would pick him to lose to any of the above) he'd be sporting a 500 record in his last 6 fights I believe which doesn't do much for his future. He's got to chalk up wins and win impressively. I think he should be able to put away the caliber fighters he's been facing though recently. His last 2 opponents had been stopped prior in their career, and you'd think a fighter of Zab's caliber would be able to get them out of there. Zab's going to need some big, flashy wins (KOs) to bring the buzz back to his name.

BigG
I love Zab but I agree that he'd get beat against all 4. He might rock the hell out of them in the first 3 or 4 rounds but he'd lose.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 19 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]366128[/snapback]
There's really nothing for Judah at 147. He already lost to Mayweather and Cotto. There are 4 other names there IMO worth mentioning... Williams, Margarito, Mosley and DLH. I wouldn't favor Judah to win ANY of those 4 fights personally - not sure how the rest of you feel about that.

I think Zab should keep fighting often and getting wins. If he were to face another top name and lose (which like I said I would pick him to lose to any of the above) he'd be sporting a 500 record in his last 6 fights I believe which doesn't do much for his future. He's got to chalk up wins and win impressively. I think he should be able to put away the caliber fighters he's been facing though recently. His last 2 opponents had been stopped prior in their career, and you'd think a fighter of Zab's caliber would be able to get them out of there. Zab's going to need some big, flashy wins (KOs) to bring the buzz back to his name.

i wouldnt count judah out against cotto or mayweather in a rematch. i think judah can still compete at 147, but i truly feel he belongs at 140.
Elijah
I don't think he beats either one in a rematch. He's already a mental midget, can you imagine what his frame of mind would be going up against either in a rematch? Not to mention he'll never get a rematch with either of them, a case of been there beat that.

He needs to drop back down to 140 where he will have much much more success.
Snoop
He would fold against all 4 of those IMO, but a lot of it would be mental. And if you have a weak mentality, it doesn't really matter which weight class you fight at if it's against quality opposition. He'd just have an even harder time since he'd be able to put away less opponents at 154 than at 147.
Southeastpaw
You know what's funny? If you put Zab in some 3 rounders with any of these guys, he would most likely win. He has always started very strong against evryone he has fought. If he could just get his head on straight, he could be top p4p. I honestly think that. He has some unbelievable tools.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 20 2007, 03:44 PM) [snapback]366256[/snapback]
You know what's funny? If you put Zab in some 3 rounders with any of these guys, he would most likely win. He has always started very strong against evryone he has fought. If he could just get his head on straight, he could be top p4p. I honestly think that. He has some unbelievable tools.

he might be the most physically gifted fighter right now. just so happens that hes mentally weak. its really a shame.
Snoop
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 20 2007, 08:44 PM) [snapback]366256[/snapback]

Yeah the only problem is they don't ever fight 3 rounders in the pros. I'd take him for the opening 4 or 5 rounds in most of those fights, but afterwards he just folds mentally.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 20 2007, 08:44 PM) [snapback]366256[/snapback]

That is like saying WOW look at this guy's 25M times. Its just a shame he cannot run 100 or he could be great.
BrutalBodyShots
Other than a punchers chance in the first 4 rounds the chances of Zab beating Mayweather or Cotto is VERY SLIM.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.